Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2014, 15:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 Premium Plus edition - 800 km Review. Smooth has a new definition now

Excellent Review! Makes me think if I should consider this when I am done with my XUV
Had a quick question for you. Did you do any comparisons on the level/quality of service between BMW and Audi? Any insights there?
Old 25th February 2014, 15:43   #17
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 Premium Plus edition - 800 km Review. Smooth has a new definition now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Hi Araje!

Co-incidentally am also looking at Selling My Civic and buying either Audi Q3 or BMW X1. So your review helps me a lot! My observation about the rear seat is the same I found it very cramped compared to the civic and that's the biggest no no for me. Also another thing that you mentioned was the Missing Nav! Also it would not have hurt Audi to give a push button start some cost cuttings in this is not justifiable. That's why am seriously considering BMW mainly for features. but other aspects Audi is great so right now confused!

Am Also curious how much did you get for the Old Civic? Did Audi buy it back or you went else where.

Cheers

Shai

When I went to the audi showroom this weekend, they quoted 5.25L for 2010 civic S MT with only 10k km on the clock.
Old 25th February 2014, 19:12   #18
BHPian

Congratulations, great pick. I think Q3 just looks more premium than X1 when viewed side by side. Purely personal opinion, beauty in the eyes of beholder yada yada. And may I specially compliment you on the choice of color. I think this is by far the best color on any luxury vehicle, exuding total class. I think only Audi offers this shade of 'cobalt blue' (which looks black from a distance/at night but comes out dazzling, still dark but with a shine in sun).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Had a quick question for you. Did you do any comparisons on the level/quality of service between BMW and Audi? Any insights there?
Would love to hear your thoughts on the above as well. Many thanks !
Old 26th February 2014, 15:03   #19

Your detailed review is actually making me feel that I am in that car and viewing all equipments and trying them out as well!
Old 26th February 2014, 19:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
Can you feel the Quattro grip and is there body roll?
Hi Microaubin - I read your review as well. I liked your journey from inception of the idea to delivery. Very well documented.

Quattro grip - yes. For me the direct comparison is civic. I have specifically tried some speeds on circular ramps on NECE road which I have never done with Civic. The confidence of chucking the car in a quick zig-zag or turns at high speeds is noticable. The car plants itself to road.
One thing I havent tried is wet roads - but hopefully in june.
Body roll - compared to civic is obviously more. But I can tell you that you dont get tossed to the left and right. There is in general a little more movement compared to Civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Hi Araje!

Co-incidentally am also looking at Selling My Civic and buying either Audi Q3 or BMW X1. Am Also curious how much did you get for the Old Civic? Did Audi buy it back or you went else where.
Cheers
Shai
Hi Shai - I did not go to Audi. I and my friend had this deal that when it comes to selling, I should contact him first. So I did. But I can tell you dealers can never give you a good price for your car. I would never go to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
I had spoken to my sales advisor about BMW like service packages. When I was discussing this in Navnit Motors when discussing X1, I was told that BMW doesnt have the concept of periodic maintainance. When the car needs maintainance it will point it out on the screens and that information gets coded in your Key. When we bring the car in, they use the Key to see what all the car requires and fix it. This means, you are at the mercy of some algorithims or programs in the BMW which decide what they want to be replaced and when. I am not saying this is bad but it is unpredictable. Hence the service contract is important to safe guard yoruself. I discussed the BSI ultimate 5yrs 60K kms and I think it was around 2.5L or so.

When I spoke to Audi guys, my sales advisor told me that this is not the same as BMW. You have the normal km based periodic maintainence schedule and hence you can predict your 5 year expenses for just normal servicing. They do have the service packages but it is not as exhaustive as BSI. They asked me my driving profile how much will I be offroading, how much is my typical drive per month etc etc and told me that it doesnt make sense to buy Audi service package. I dont know if what I have done is right but just letting you know this is what I have done. I have a little anxiety myself to see how the costs will be. I am thinking it will be 20K per service I guess but only time will tell.
araje is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 11:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Please do not ever under estimate the cost of servicing and routine components for these luxury cars. A routine service itself can easily go upto 30-50k and once brake pads, wipers, etc. consumables get involved, the costs are astronomical and easily you can reach 6 figures. Therefore the success of BSI and Merc had to follow with their Star Care, etc.
Old 1st March 2014, 12:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by araje View Post
Hi Microaubin - I read your review as well. I liked your journey from inception of the idea to delivery. Very well documented.

When I spoke to Audi guys, my sales advisor told me that this is not the same as BMW. You have the normal km based periodic maintainence schedule and hence you can predict your 5 year expenses for just normal servicing. They do have the service packages but it is not as exhaustive as BSI. They asked me my driving profile how much will I be offroading, how much is my typical drive per month etc etc and told me that it doesnt make sense to buy Audi service package. I dont know if what I have done is right but just letting you know this is what I have done. I have a little anxiety myself to see how the costs will be. I am thinking it will be 20K per service I guess but only time will tell.

Thanks Araje. Glad you liked my review

Audi does have service packages but since it covers only service and consumables except brake pads, wiper blades and some other things(dont remember now) and not everything about the car unlike BMW, cost wise its not very wise to take up the service plan. Better still put that money in the bank and you do not lose interest as well.

Hence its very important to take that extended warranty of 2 years. Even though they offer you 6 months to make up your mind, its better to take it along with the delivery itself since they may stop offering it like VW or it might be costlier within 6 months. Hope you have taken that.

Attaching the service estimates for the A4. Q3 rates are just marginally higher. Hope this helps.Meanwhile happy driving!!
Attached Thumbnails
Audi Q3 Premium Plus edition - 800 km Review. Smooth has a new definition now-a4-service-cost.jpg  

microaubin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 20:39   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Quattro grip - yes. For me the direct comparison is civic. I have specifically tried some speeds on circular ramps on NECE road which I have never done with Civic. The confidence of chucking the car in a quick zig-zag or turns at high speeds is noticable. The car plants itself to road.
One thing I havent tried is wet roads - but hopefully in june.
Body roll - compared to civic is obviously more. But I can tell you that you dont get tossed to the left and right. There is in general a little more movement compared to Civic.

Hi Shai - I did not go to Audi. I and my friend had this deal that when it comes to selling, I should contact him first. So I did. But I can tell you dealers can never give you a good price for your car. I would never go to them.

I had spoken to my sales advisor about BMW like service packages. When I was discussing this in Navnit Motors when discussing X1, I was told that BMW doesnt have the concept of periodic maintainance. When the car needs maintainance it will point it out on the screens and that information gets coded in your Key. When we bring the car in, they use the Key to see what all the car requires and fix it. This means, you are at the mercy of some algorithims or programs in the BMW which decide what they want to be replaced and when. I am not saying this is bad but it is unpredictable. Hence the service contract is important to safe guard yoruself. I discussed the BSI ultimate 5yrs 60K kms and I think it was around 2.5L or so.

Yes the bmw does give a condition based service however you can go there and demand a fix if you notice any problem in the running or any other problem. They will check the car and do a pre-date or distance service if required. Earlier they used to say 1 year for the non bsi customers but I think BMW is overseeing this carefully to ensure things are not changed without reason. Moreover the bsi is mainly for the extended warranty. Definitely german cars can cause upset customers through expensive repairs as there is no repair just replacement. A simple button change can warrant a whole steering wheel change and so on.
always more sense to keep yourself covered.
Old 16th March 2014, 15:35   #24
BHPian

Here's what I got from my customer service advisor. The website doesn't clearly spell out the Q3 variant differences so this may be of some help.

Q3 - variant difference.pdf
Old 6th April 2015, 00:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking it will be 20K per service I guess but only time will tell.
Hi, can you please give an update on your experience of Q3's service, and related service costs? I hope you are enjoying your amazing vehicle and closing up some very pleasurable miles.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 20:22   #26
BHPian

@Araje

As I understand from your other thread, you traded your Q3 for a BMW X3. Is that true ?

Why is it despite Q3 accounting to 30% of total Audi sales in India, there is hardly any ownership threads for the Q3 ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks