Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2014, 18:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Black Volkswagen Vento TSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Final OTR was 1241000 including registration; taxes and insurance from Bajaj Allianz. The insurance policy was a policy called “drive assure elite” that they were offering through the dealership and not even online. I did realise that the premium amount of about 56k was definitely on the higher side.
Firstly, congratulations on your new car!

The Drive Assure Elite is the best policy available from Bajaj Allianz for the VW family. Bajaj Allianz has a tie up with Volkswagen India and some of the general points and special features of the Drive Assure Elite as mentioned below:

Bajaj Allianz & VW:

As VW and Bajaj Allianz have a national tie-up, any insurance of Bajaj Allianz bought from a VW dealership entitles you to "Cashless" facility at any VW dealership across India.

Cashless facility: In case of a claim, irrespective of where the car was purchased, you can visit any authorised dealership of VW and they have to provide you the cashless facility.

For example, in case of a claim the total repair amount is say 10,000. In a general Comprehensive Insurance Policy since Glass, Rubber and Plastic items are reimbursed at only 50% of their value (after deducting the depreciation on the part depending on the age of the car), you will need to shell out a portion of the cost say 2500 while the rest is paid by the insurance company. If your VW is insured by Bajaj Allianz, you just need to pay the 2500 and the workshop will co-ordinate with the Insurance company for payment of the reminder.

With other insurance companies which do NOT have a tie-up with the workshop, you will have to pay the whole amount of 10,000 and take delivery of the vehicle and then submit the bills to your insurance company and then have them reimbursed. This is a pain but there isn't much you can do about it because it is upto the dealership who they want to have a tie-up with.

In this case, you are entitled to cashless facility at all VW authorised workshops across the country.

Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure Elite:

- Unlike Comprehensive Insurance, all parts are paid at full value and no depreciation is calculated on any part replaced.

- You have to pay just 1500 as your contribution irrespective of the total cost of repair and the rest is borne by the insurance company

- Replacement of up to 4 alloys in a year (alloys bent without damage to other parts of the car are not covered by insurance in comprehensive package).

- In case of a total loss / Return to Invoice, you will be paid the full IDV + Road Tax (Road Tax is not included in the regular Comprehensive policy or the Drive Assure Economy)

There are also other benefits like Road Side Assistance, Free travel to nearest airport incase of a breakdown, free towing service, free hotel accommodation incase of a breakdown, etc.... For full details, contact your VW dealership or visit the Bajaj Allianz website.

Hope this helps.... Happy Driving!

P.S: Sorry for the long post. Wanted to explain in as much detail as possible so that it will be beneficial for everyone.
Old 27th April 2014, 19:43   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1dotcom View Post
Firstly, congratulations on your new car!

The Drive Assure Elite is the best policy available from Bajaj Allianz for the VW family. Bajaj Allianz has a tie up with Volkswagen India and some of the general points and special features of the Drive Assure Elite as mentioned below:

Bajaj Allianz & VW:

As VW and Bajaj Allianz have a national tie-up, any insurance of Bajaj Allianz bought from a VW dealership entitles you to "Cashless" facility at any VW dealership across India.

Cashless facility: In case of a claim, irrespective of where the car was purchased, you can visit any authorised dealership of VW and they have to provide you the cashless facility.

For example, in case of a claim the total repair amount is say 10,000. In a general Comprehensive Insurance Policy since Glass, Rubber and Plastic items are reimbursed at only 50% of their value (after deducting the depreciation on the part depending on the age of the car), you will need to shell out a portion of the cost say 2500 while the rest is paid by the insurance company. If your VW is insured by Bajaj Allianz, you just need to pay the 2500 and the workshop will co-ordinate with the Insurance company for payment of the reminder.

With other insurance companies which do NOT have a tie-up with the workshop, you will have to pay the whole amount of 10,000 and take delivery of the vehicle and then submit the bills to your insurance company and then have them reimbursed. This is a pain but there isn't much you can do about it because it is upto the dealership who they want to have a tie-up with.

In this case, you are entitled to cashless facility at all VW authorised workshops across the country.

Bajaj Allianz Drive Assure Elite:

- Unlike Comprehensive Insurance, all parts are paid at full value and no depreciation is calculated on any part replaced.

- You have to pay just 1500 as your contribution irrespective of the total cost of repair and the rest is borne by the insurance company

- Replacement of up to 4 alloys in a year (alloys bent without damage to other parts of the car are not covered by insurance in comprehensive package).

- In case of a total loss / Return to Invoice, you will be paid the full IDV + Road Tax (Road Tax is not included in the regular Comprehensive policy or the Drive Assure Economy)

There are also other benefits like Road Side Assistance, Free travel to nearest airport incase of a breakdown, free towing service, free hotel accommodation incase of a breakdown, etc.... For full details, contact your VW dealership or visit the Bajaj Allianz website.

Hope this helps.... Happy Driving!

P.S: Sorry for the long post. Wanted to explain in as much detail as possible so that it will be beneficial for everyone.
hi
Thanks for the wishes and the post ! I have been dealing with Bajaj Allianz even for my i10 and had the cashless facility even then.

In fact I guess many service centres have tie ups with many insurance companies for such cashless facilities.

These facilities do they have their drawbacks as well as advantages. Advantages mainly being the customer having to pay lesser out of his pocket ; drawbacks being inflated bills when the representatives from both parties collude with each other behind the customers backs.

All said and done I guess its upto the individuals to choose what they deem best for their needs.
Old 28th April 2014, 18:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
hi
These facilities do they have their drawbacks as well as advantages. Advantages mainly being the customer having to pay lesser out of his pocket ; drawbacks being inflated bills when the representatives from both parties collude with each other behind the customers backs.

All said and done I guess its upto the individuals to choose what they deem best for their needs.
With a Drive Assure policy, you need not be worried because irrespective of if and how much the bill is inflated by (Insurance Company + Workshop), it doesn't make a difference to you because you end up paying 1500/- only. So you are in the safe with this policy.

But be careful when the time comes for renewal. If Bajaj Allianz sends you an inflated quote for renewal, you can take it up with VW Financial Services and they will help negotiate with Bajaj Allianz.
Old 28th April 2014, 19:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:

But be careful when the time comes for renewal. If Bajaj Allianz sends you an inflated quote for renewal, you can take it up with VW Financial Services and they will help negotiate with Bajaj Allianz.
hi

Is that so ? i hope they do because VW financial services were pretty lame in their responses when I had to get the modification done on my insurance copy from 1.6L high line AT to 1.2 L TSi high line .

Infact I even questioned them if they had calculated the premium amount thinking it was a 1.6 L engine while it was only a 1.2 L one. Like i said their responses were pretty lame and i was left to deal with Bajaj allianz on my own.

Finally though no one gave me a valid reply as to which engine capacity they used for calculated the premium amount .

Anyway thanks for the tip ; will keep it in mind .
Old 28th April 2014, 19:27   #20
BHPian

atlantis0965: Find out which insurance companies your local workshop has a tie-up with and then choose one of them.

Its always better to go for a Zero Depreciation / Bumper to Bumper policy from a company which has a tie-up with your workshop to have peace of mind.
Old 28th April 2014, 19:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase!

Its indeed a good practise to shift the gear to neutral, though you dont need to engage the parking brake but use the normal brakes.

I also had an experience where bajaj allianz sent me an inflated quote whereas ICICI quoted 50%. I went ahead with ICICI.
Old 30th April 2014, 15:23   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase!

Its indeed a good practise to shift the gear to neutral, though you dont need to engage the parking brake but use the normal brakes.

I also had an experience where bajaj allianz sent me an inflated quote whereas ICICI quoted 50%. I went ahead with ICICI.
hi
Thanks .
Good to hear from another person that it is a good practice to shift it into neutral; but I am still sceptical about using the normal brakes during standstill condition because i am not sure if the indication light which comes on when the car is in neutral and your foot is off the brake pedal is only an indication or some sort of signal also to the DSG gear box .
Maybe someone else has got some solid info regarding this. i too am trying to look around for the correct info.

Quote:
atlantis0965: Find out which insurance companies your local workshop has a tie-up with and then choose one of them.

Its always better to go for a Zero Depreciation / Bumper to Bumper policy from a company which has a tie-up with your workshop to have peace of mind.
hi
I haven’t had the need to go to local workshops.
I for one have just started giving my almost 10 year old Honda Dio to the local workshop ; I usually take my car/bike only to the authorised service centres. Luckily I have never had to go to the service centre for any major work on any of my vehicles ; so its always the authorised service centres for me.
Old 30th April 2014, 18:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
hi
hi
I haven’t had the need to go to local workshops.
I for one have just started giving my almost 10 year old Honda Dio to the local workshop ; I usually take my car/bike only to the authorised service centres. Luckily I have never had to go to the service centre for any major work on any of my vehicles ; so its always the authorised service centres for me.
Sorry for the miscommunication.... By workshop, I meant the authorized service centre.
Old 1st May 2014, 12:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the miscommunication.... By workshop, I meant the authorized service centre.

hey
Chill man ; yes one way I am pretty lucky because i’ve got almost all the authorised service centres and I really mean almost all the brands’ authorised service centres within about 5 km from where I stay. So people living in and around here are literally spoilt for choices
Old 17th May 2014, 11:16   #25
BHPian

Hi

Finally the hub caps I had ordered on amazon arrived today.The package came through India post finally from “HongKong”. Decent packaging I must say.
The hub caps look almost as good as the original ones . They have stamping as “ Made in Italy “. Thankfully they are a perfect fit . I am thinking of adding a bit of loctite adhesive though since it is fitted in a way where in it might tend to fall off on really harsh roads.
Old 17th May 2014, 12:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of adding a bit of loctite adhesive though since it is fitted in a way where in it might tend to fall off on really harsh roads.
I would advise against it, since when you need to keep alloy in trunk, you need to remove hub cap. I have driven on very bad roads but never had any issue of falling hub caps.
Old 17th May 2014, 12:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I would advise against it, since when you need to keep alloy in trunk, you need to remove hub cap. I have driven on very bad roads but never had any issue of falling hub caps.
Hi

Thanks for the heads up , so guess I will leave it the way it is .

Just a few pictures for people who are interested in having a look
Black Volkswagen Vento TSi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1400309291.685020.jpgBlack Volkswagen Vento TSi-imageuploadedbyteambhp1400309307.674453.jpg
Old 8th June 2014, 19:04   #28
BHPian

hi

Completed 5000 km yesterday after another road trip. I must mention again and again even if it borders on irritating repetition “ this car is a gem to drive “ .

Since we were two cars travelling together with 3 kids; it was a sedate drive averaging about 80 - 100 km/h and I was surprised to see the mileage hovering around the 17- 20 km/l mark most of the time. Of course the average mileage dropped down to about 15 km/l because of many stops in between. Also i would say the mileage was commendable because the temperature outside was hovering all the way between 38-40°C and the A/C was working full time ; full on .
Of course since I already knew we would be travelling in the afternoon for most part and after a not very good experience last time when I did the same route ; I went in for heat control sun films this time around for the Vento . I chose to go in for “ v-kool “ and it did make a difference .

The NH45 is a real hoot to drive for most parts ; but i just cannot understand the suicidal driving that happens between tambaram and the chengalpet toll point . I call it suicidal because i don’t think any other word fit enough to describe it especially the “ driving” done by the autos ; 2 wheelers and certain “ race cars “ .
God help those who have to travel in that route regularly ; i surely will try another route the next time i go around there even if it means taking a long detour.

Been a nice 5 months with the car now… except for the petrol leak and headlight motor issue ( both resolved ) it has been a nice experience .
Planning on getting the wheels checked for alignment and balance . I’ve been checking the fluids myself and all seem okay except for of course the transmission fluid . So maybe will take it to the VW workshop it self soon to get things done .
Will try and post some photos of the sun filmed glass areas soon…

Last edited by atlantis0965 : 8th June 2014 at 19:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks