Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 19:04   #241
BHPian

RavenAvi, have been following your ownership report and it is extremely sad to see the problems with your Empress. Hope the others will continue to serve you well. It is really extraordinary that a car which has sold more than a lakh pieces, is struggling with these nagging issues. More so because Honda has been the aspirational upgrade for many. I do hope that they get it right now on.
we_pull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 07:58   #242
BHPian

Dear Avi,

In a way sad to see you part ways so quickly with the car, which we both were following together before and after launch. We also paid the booking amount in the same week and had many discussions on the car while the wait was on.
Your thread along with the official thread always kept me hooked on the car which I have firmly decided to be my next ride. However for reasons (not niggles) captured in my ownership thread I switched to another brand (not so reputed). Touch wood my car is now at 10k kms and so far kept me pretty happy (10k update would be up in my thread soon). May be parting ways is one way good as you will have peace of mind rather than justifying yourself that everything is right.
Thank you again for such wonderful writeup's and helping many people who read your thread.

Cheers,
pdma.

Last edited by pdma : 30th August 2015 at 08:04.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 18:05   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2014 Honda City VMT i-DTEC - The Golden Brown Royal Eminence. EDIT: Now sold!

Thank you for your kind wishes, team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
You should have really just stuck with the Silver Pegasus.
Thanks, swamyzen. Please stick to your 3rd-gen City for as long as you can. It's a wonderful example of Honda engineering and will be faithful to you for as long as it can.

A big point of regret for me, specially when I compare both my Citys. Regardless of what people might laud in the 2014 City, I would still say (and maintain) that the 2008 generation (and the 2011 facelift) were a big notch above this generation's offering.

But, as long as the car is minting money in the market for Honda India, nobody would be complaining. Except for a bunch of us disgruntled owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As I can see that you have received a good offer and have decided to part ways with the car. I give you a of the decision.
Thanks, buddy.

I bought her at 10.24 lakhs ex-showroom (11.69 lakhs OTR) in March 2014, and sold her at 9 lakhs yesterday.

A bit over 17 months and ~13,200 kms - I would say the car depreciated well and I got back practically what I had invested in her. All the best to her new owner now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
This is the sole reason that I've stayed away from the new City and bought the Duster instead.
Great decision. Although the Duster's interiors seem dated, but at least trust Renault to screw them tight and together. Congratulations and wish you a wonderful future with your steed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
His father doesn't like Ford and is considering Amaze cos it's a HONDA. No logic could make him see that Ford Aspire is a better car than Amaze. That's how most Indian car buyers are with their rigid mentality and Maruti and Honda are best reliable cars perceptions.
This perception is what Honda has built for itself over the years. And this is the EXACT perception that they are now hellbent on milking to the full from the Indian market.

I really hope more and more people start to see beyond brand perception and realise that striving for perfection, not perception, is important for long-term sustenance, both for the company and for the customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
It is really extraordinary that a car which has sold more than a lakh pieces, is struggling with these nagging issues. More so because Honda has been the aspirational upgrade for many. I do hope that they get it right now on.
The City as a brand is not to be blamed here. It's the company whose approach to the market has changed. But with this change has come immense success, so they will not be complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
We also paid the booking amount in the same week and had many discussions on the car while the wait was on.
Your thread along with the official thread always kept me hooked on the car which I have firmly decided to be my next ride. However for reasons (not niggles) captured in my ownership thread I switched to another brand (not so reputed). Touch wood my car is now at 10k kms and so far kept me pretty happy (10k update would be up in my thread soon).
On hindsight, I am glad you went for the Linea over the City. At least you have assured peace of mind, than the kind of stuff I have been through the past year and half.

I am not saying that your City might have been niggle-prone as well, but judging by the sheer number of complaints we have been seeing all around in our forums, it seems like you made a pretty wise decision of not going for the 2014 City.

May the Linea serve you well and long, my friend.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st August 2015 at 18:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 18:50   #244
BHPian

Re: 2014 Honda City VMT i-DTEC - The Golden Brown Royal Eminence. EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I bought her at 10.24 lakhs ex-showroom (11.69 lakhs OTR) in March 2014, and sold her at 9 lakhs yesterday.
A modern day Honda sold off within one and half years of ownership, due to quality issues and arrogance of the company, is shocking and sad to hear. I'm glad I did not end up buying those 2012 and 2013 diesel Amazes at 2.5 lac.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 19:41   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Great decision. Although the Duster's interiors seem dated, but at least trust Renault to screw them tight and together. Congratulations and wish you a wonderful future with your steed.
No matter how dated and unergonomic they look, the Duster comes with peace of mind, be it on-road, or off-road. And its surprisingly fun to drive too!
P.S. 9 lacs is a pretty good value for a 17 month old City. Seems that people still haven't got over that perception of bullet-proof reliability.
mohaks19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 20:14   #246
BANNED

Quote:
But, as long as the car is minting money in the market for Honda India, nobody would be complaining. Except for a bunch of us disgruntled owners.

Excellent is the word for the price you got for this niggly Honda City.

With 13K on odometer all you have lost is 2.7L which IMO is brilliant and that does say one thing clear - There are customers who love the City and are still ready to buy even if it has niggling issues. Wish that owner luck with that car!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 22:47   #247
BHPian

Dear Avi,
It's sad to see that you finally parted with Empress. May the new owner have a peaceful ownership. Also, you've got a pretty good price for your car.
Being a automobile enthusiast and a Honda fan, I always loved the first generation Honda city and the third generation one. I'm really sad about the direction in which the company is heading, with no focus on quality and reliability, which it was once known for. Meanwhile, Hyundai, Tata and Ford have came up a long way in building quality products. Honda will learn a lesson, sooner or later.
Hope you have a peaceful Hyundai ownership.

Cheers,
Sreehari

PS - Not to tickle your upgrade bone, but since you've sold your diesel City, but I think you should have gone for Diesel Creta for highway trips. Just my opinion
shk 8896 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 22:56   #248
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to know that City is now gone, RavenAvi.

The kind of bond which we develop while owning City and even with co-owners is simply priceless.

How I wish the car didn't give you all the trouble and it would have enjoyed your parking slot for many years to come.

But anyways, good to know that it fetched a good resale value.

From last one month, I have a car buying decision pending at the back of my mind, even discussed you through fb. How badly I want to go for new City replacing the Venus which will be turning 5 year old this October.

I am in double mind now. Whether to keep the City, replace the WagonR and go for Ciaz or wait for another 2-3 years and wait for next gen City with sorted niggles and much better change in car's looks with current one sharing 80% resemblance from the ANHC. Honestly speaking I don't want to sell either of my cars but buying another one without selling existing one will put burden on finances.

PS - With Creta in house, Any other sedan in mind to fill the City's spot now?

Last edited by bluevolt : 5th September 2015 at 22:57.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 10:15   #249
Senior - BHPian

Hi RavenAvi,

Sad to see your City leave the stable so quickly but I guess with the issues you were facing - that is the correct decision

My iDTEC was one of the early batches (Feb 2014) and has been running without any major issues. I did face some minor issue with a squeaking sound but the Service Center managed to fix it and it has not re-appeared again. Crossed 25,000 kms on the ODO yesterday and happy with the ownership so far...
vsrivatsa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 11:00   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you for the kind words, team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaks19 View Post
Seems that people still haven't got over that perception of bullet-proof reliability.
Perception is the sole driving force for Honda sales these days. Quality has gone for a toss.

Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
With 13K on odometer all you have lost is 2.7L which IMO is brilliant and that does say one thing clear - There are customers who love the City and are still ready to buy even if it has niggling issues. Wish that owner luck with that car!
People are willing to overlook "minor" stuff such as these, just because they can boast of the "H" & the "City" badges in their garage.

A big part of our country still buys cars for their "show-off" quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Being a automobile enthusiast and a Honda fan, I always loved the first generation Honda city and the third generation one. I'm really sad about the direction in which the company is heading, with no focus on quality and reliability, which it was once known for. Meanwhile, Hyundai, Tata and Ford have came up a long way in building quality products. Honda will learn a lesson, sooner or later.
Even the Team-BHP moderation has acknowledged this. The first post in the Official Honda City thread has lost the "quality and reliability" part from it's bullet points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Not to tickle your upgrade bone, but since you've sold your diesel City, but I think you should have gone for Diesel Creta for highway trips. Just my opinion
My running didn't warrant a diesel, hence opted for petrol.

Let's see next year. If the Creta continues to impress like this, maybe we might have 2 of them in the garage - who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am in double mind now. Whether to keep the City, replace the WagonR and go for Ciaz or wait for another 2-3 years and wait for next gen City with sorted niggles and much better change in car's looks with current one sharing 80% resemblance from the ANHC.
BV, don't part with Venus. She's a fantastic machine and you will surely regret letting her go. If you have no real or urgent need of a new car right now, I suggest waiting for 2-3 years, if you can, and studying the scenario then. Plenty of good options still coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
With Creta in house, Any other sedan in mind to fill the City's spot now?
Not just yet.

We need to get a suitable car for wifey and my occasional drives. But she's quite happy with the Swift right now, and we have no real need of another car just yet.

If I eventually start my search again, most probably it would end with an automatic like the Ford Aspire 1.5L DCT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
My iDTEC was one of the early batches (Feb 2014) and has been running without any major issues. I did face some minor issue with a squeaking sound but the Service Center managed to fix it and it has not re-appeared again. Crossed 25,000 kms on the ODO yesterday and happy with the ownership so far...
Fantastic. I am glad to hear from you that, like harry, you haven't faced any such niggles which plagued me right from the beginning.

I hope your car serves you well in the near future, my friend.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th September 2015 at 11:01.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 19:23   #251
BHPian

RavenAvi...I am an avid & silent follower of your posts since you bought 2012 Honda City. I too bought one and still have her. It was quite disheartening to see you sell your 2012 Honda City. Bidding farewell to the new-gen City even saddens me more. You connect to your machines well, it shows in your write-ups, how passionate you were for your machine. Nevertheless, I wish you the best for a better car in 2016 . I hope the new car will fill up the void.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks