Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2014, 11:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Absolutely correct , i remember being pleasantly surprised to find that the black had gone and they had changed it to the color of the seats themselves. From the photo on this thread it appeared they might have made some change again hence the reason for asking for another photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
In the older Jets, the area in question is indeed black, infact it is a piece of black plastic with it's surface having many a contour. This was fixed in Jets made in the send lot i.e. 2013 onwards.
Old 22nd March 2014, 13:24   #32
BHPian

1000km update:

It's been around 50 days now that the T-jet came home and has completed 1000km running today. The jet has been driven mostly in the city for around 800km and the remaining 200km on the highway(just a few trips to the airport). Below are a few points i'd like to share with all with regards to my experience in these 1000km.

-The engine has gone quieter. When the engine is idling, the cabin is super quite from the day i started driving the new car, but when gradually accelerating in lower gears, the sound was little more than i expected. This is reduced now and i feel it is because the engine is getting more refined.

-Not even a single scratch on the car. Also, the braking ability of the car is very good. The all 4 disk brakes do a perfect job.

-I've gotten used to the long travel of the clutch now. Took me a while though. A question here. Can the clutch travel be reduced or shortened so that the vehicle starts moving with minimal clutch released?

-Everywhere we've traveled in the car, it has been a very comfortable journey even with 5 people sitting in the car. So no complaints here whatsoever.

-AC works perfectly. Cools the cabin in a very short time. But in sunny days, the heat makes way through the windows and the auto AC keeps running at high fan speeds. Will have to install sun films on the windows(and probably the front windshield as well). Will be visiting the 3M car care center in JP Nagar to get this done by this month end. Will also post the pictures as and when i get it done.

-The overall mileage so far has been 8.9kmpl. On my recent trip to the airport last weekend, i reset the trip meter B before i left and after i reached home, the trip meter B displayed 13.4kmpl. I guess this is pretty normal for the jet.

-The car is super powerful. Even in fifth gear, tap on the A pedal and the car responds immediately. While coming back from the airport last week, i overtook a Civic at around 110kmph. I don't know why it tipped him off so bad the guy started honking, flashing lights and then came to my side and kept honking again. Thought he wanted to race, so i immediately downshifted to 4th and hit the A pedal hard and the car surged forward. The sight of the Civic on my ORVM(not too far behind though) brought a big smile on my face but then realized that the speed had already crossed 145kmph and had to slow down. The civic, in the meanwhile was catching up and zoomed ahead. I wish the run in period was over :(

The "Not very pleasant" updates:

-Like i've pointed out before, the niggles will be fixed in the first service. So i'll have to wait till then.

-Had a small accident near the railway bridge in Frazer town, Bangalore, when out of nowhere, a two wheeler came in front of me and suddenly stopped before the bridge looking at the train. I was directly behind him and hit the two wheeler. He, along with his bike fell down and i went to check on him. The guy then said that he suddenly stopped because urine can fall off from the train traveling on the overhead bridge. I just let him go and then checked on the front bumper. To my surprise, not even one scratch or dent on the bumper. I got back home and checked again. No scratches at all. Lucky me

-The tyre noise is a lot when the car is driven above 80kmph. We can either change the tyres or get the sun films installed(Budget issues). So as of now, opting for the sun films. Also, since the highway rides are not more, makes more sense to go for the sun films.

-And finally, the wind noise is absolutely pathetic. I don't know how FIAT has still not found a solution to this problem. If the car goes beyond 70 kmph, the wind noise begins and keeps increasing with speed. This is the biggest irritating factor in the jet. Yes, the music system helps, but the volume should be more than 8 or 9. With the music system off, you might as well forget about listening to the turbo whistle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thanks for the image. Keep up pressure on them and best if you take the car for service on a holiday or take the day off so you can supervise the work.

I would nevertheless advise that you put it in writing and send an email to the dealership and as many contacts within the dealership stating what the problems with the car are and that MR XYZ has checked them and confirmed that they would be done during the first service.
Thanks Puchoo. I've mailed the SA and SM about the niggles. Just to have a written record of it.
azhar915 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 00:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

DO not mean to preach but sun films remain illegal, don't think there has been any changes/amendments to the Supreme court's ruling. A tyre change would be so much better. The ride quality & comfort will improve manifold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
-The tyre noise is a lot when the car is driven above 80kmph. We can either change the tyres or get the sun films installed(Budget issues). So as of now, opting for the sun fi

-And finally, the wind noise is absolutely pathetic. I don't know how FIAT has still not found a solution to this problem. If the car goes beyond 70 kmph, the wind noise begins and keeps increasing with speed. This is the biggest irritating factor in the jet. Yes, the music system helps, but the volume should be more than 8 or 9. With the music system off, you might as well forget about listening to the turbo whistle.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2014, 11:49   #34
BHPian

Re: The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
DO not mean to preach but sun films remain illegal, don't think there has been any changes/amendments to the Supreme court's ruling. A tyre change would be so much better. The ride quality & comfort will improve manifold.
Thanks Khoj. I was still under an impression that the percentage of visibility(70%) could be controlled by adding a film. Although the manufacturers are allowed to do this, i don't know why they don't do it. I'll talk to my brother about this and probably persuade him to upgrade the tyres
Old 25th March 2014, 14:58   #35
BHPian

I simply do not understand that why do i keep reading your posts. The more i read it the more i fall in love with this car which in fact seems hilarious to all. I am holding myself from buying this car, don't know how long will i be able to control myself. If at all i buy one, i would be Tuscon Wine color. The car is awesome and for any driving enthusiast, this is a boon. i am keeping my fingers crossed.

Out of my curiosity, please let me know the service cost that the dealership has told you. Secondly, what are the consumables/parts that will be replaced more cosnsistently on every service.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 18:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Out of my curiosity, please let me know the service cost that the dealership has told you. Secondly, what are the consumables/parts that will be replaced more cosnsistently on every service.
I haven't inquired about the service costs with the dealer, but the threads by Karthikk, Puchoo and Biraj will surely give a good idea about it. Links below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...completed.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...et-2013-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nea-t-jet.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
I simply do not understand that why do i keep reading your posts. The more i read it the more i fall in love with this car which in fact seems hilarious to all. I am holding myself from buying this car, don't know how long will i be able to control myself. If at all i buy one, i would be Tuscon Wine color. The car is awesome and for any driving enthusiast, this is a boon. i am keeping my fingers crossed.
All the best with that. If i may ask, why are you holding back from buying the car? If at all you do buy it in the future, i'll tell you, you'll never regret it

Last edited by azhar915 : 28th March 2014 at 18:31. Reason: minus 1 smiley
Old 28th March 2014, 21:04   #37
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised , its almost starting to appear as one of those problems which are present in some cars but not all , i read about this prior to buying mine but have never faced it , there is considerable Tyre noise yes but no wind whatsoever.

Quote:
1000km update:

Old 28th March 2014, 21:56   #38
BHPian

Maybe it's a subjective thing? After all Fiat owners are among the most 'subjective' both in the best and the worst senses, isn't it? he he. But seriously, methinks this is an unavoidable trade-off with having the wing-mirrors on the door panel, arguably a terrific, distinctive stylistic trait of the linea/punto. trade-offs! Sometimes we forget that all cars have huge trade-offs. As an owner of two fiats i don't mind much mind the ones fiat have made!
Old 31st March 2014, 11:36   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I am surprised , its almost starting to appear as one of those problems which are present in some cars but not all , i read about this prior to buying mine but have never faced it , there is considerable Tyre noise yes but no wind whatsoever.
Lucky you. I've seen that many owners have come across this issue. Only very few owners have not faced it. In the fiat forums, there actually is a dedicated thread about the wind noise in the cabin. But even there I see that nobody has found a permanent solution to the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
As an owner of two fiats i don't mind much mind the ones fiat have made!
I didn't really get this sentence. Do you face this niggle in both your fiats?
Old 31st March 2014, 21:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Lucky you. I've seen that many owners have come across this issue. Only very few owners have not faced it. In the fiat forums, there actually is a dedicated thread about the wind noise in the cabin. But even there I see that nobody has found a permanent solution to the problem.

I didn't really get this sentence. Do you face this niggle in both your fiats?
I do not think it is a niggle. Part of the problem were the OEM tyres, which were grippy yet comfy and longlasting but a bit noisy. The rest of it is wind noise i think, caused by having the wing mirrors on the door panel, which i guess is a trade-off between a styling trait and noise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks