Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 16:41   #1
BHPian

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

There were 5 months remaining for my brother’s marriage which was to be held in December 2013 and I was still wondering what to give him as a gift for his marriage. Perhaps a gold set would do I thought, but then backed out realizing that in daily day-to-day life, it wouldn’t help him as much. I owned an Alto K10 VXI back then which I bought in 2011 with the help of my brother (financially of course) and hence decided to buy a car for him as a present. I kept this a complete secret from the family and only a couple of my friends knew about it. Below were the requirements:

-Budget was around 8-9 Lakhs.
-A petrol sedan as we had a hatch back then. Why petrol? The Alto had run 15k Km back then in 2.5 years. I think that speaks for itself.
-A unique, classy looking sedan. This was important as he did not like cars/bikes which were very common on the roads.
-Less engine noise in the cabin.
-Brother doesn’t like mods to the car so wanted to opt for a car which was well equipped.
-Decent amount of space for the rear seat passengers.

The options considered:
1. Ford Ecosport
2. Chevrolet Sail Sedan
3. Maruti Swift Dzire
4. Honda Amaze

Ford Ecosport:
The Ecosport, although not a Sedan, was newly launched and had created a lot of buzz. And the launch price of 5.7l ex-showroom in Bangalore made me very interested in the Ecosport. I Called the Ford showroom by looking up the number online and asked the sales guy for the waiting period and he instantly replied “Sir 1 year”. I wanted the car in 4 months’ time and hence the Ecosport was ruled out.

Chevrolet Sail Sedan at Trident Chevrolet, Jayanagar 5th block:
This was my hot favorite at that time. Test drove the car and liked it as well. There was not a lot of power on tap but what you pay is what you get. Then came news reports of the Diesel version of the Sail Sedan were being recalled. Even though I was going for the Petrol variant, I retracted the decision to buy the car as I didn’t want to take chances.

Maruti Swift Dzire at Sagar Automobiles, Bannerughatta road:
This car did not satisfy my 3rd requirement, but I still took a test drive to see what makes this car so special. Felt that the car was very underpowered and rejected right away. Moreover, the looks of the car were far from classy (Personal opinion. I mean no offence to anybody )

Honda Amaze at Magnum Honda, Kanakapura road:
When I went to the showroom, they did not have the petrol variant for test drive. The sales guy insisted that I test drove the diesel variant. I obliged and went for the test drive. I hated the amount of engine noise which was creeping into the cabin but liked the amount of space in the car. And I’d also thought that the i-vtec petrol wouldn’t make much noise. Then I asked for the sales guy about the negatives of the car. He replied “No negatives Sir. This car is the best in the segment”. I told him about the engine noise example and he said that it was normal in all diesel cars. We had a few arguments after this, and I being a guy who hates unnecessary arguments, walked out of the showroom after the test drive.

After this, in the Sep-Oct timeframe, due to some reason, my brother’s marriage got postponed to Feb of 2014. At this time, while all my obvious car choices were ruled out, I increased the budget to 10l and restarted the search for the new car which would be a proper C2 segment sedan.

The new options were:
1. Hyundai Verna
2. Honda City

I’d already driven my friend’s Honda city, and personally was and is my favorite car. I then test drove the Verna and it felt really good. The light steering and suspension is a boon in the city traffic where the car is driven most. Then, one fine day, while I was searching through team-bhp for “Honda City vs Hyundai Verna”, I came across the following page where there was a poll between these two cars and the Linea T-Jet.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...da-city-3.html

I was shocked to see that the poll results were in favor of the T-Jet. It was a surprise to me because all I had known about FIAT was about their bad A.S.S(Like many others). I then did a thorough research about the T-Jet on team-bhp and was mighty impressed with the reviews and ownership reports from GTO, Karthikk, and Puchoo and decided to take a test drive. Special thanks to all you guys. Links below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...completed.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...et-2013-a.html

Test Drive and Initial Experience:

Dealer: Fiat Caffe, Domlur, Bangalore
Finally I booked a test drive on Nov 20th 2013. The sales person came to my office and was very polite. Although I’d known all the features and specs through their website and team-bhp, I asked him for a walkthrough of the same. He began naming the all the features one by one really fast like the one in the center fresh ad(Waiter interview where he names all items in the south Indian menu). I then began the test drive. Because of traffic, I couldn’t floor the accelerator pedal. But finally, after a few km, I entered a road which was pretty much free from traffic and floored the pedal in second gear. The Turbo effect was overwhelming and I was pushed back to my seat. Literally! I then realized that this was the “push back to seat” effect, which GTO was mentioning in the Official T-Jet review. Haven’t had this kind of experience in the Verna or the City. Maybe because their power delivery is much more linear.

Also the Linea T-Jet ticked all the boxes in my requirement list. So, on 26th of November 2013, I booked the Hip Hop Black Linea T-Jet Emotion. Again as Black is my brother’s favorite color.

Below is the price breakup:
Fiat Linea T-Jet Emotion: 897525
Insurance : 33849
Road Tax : 143827
H/Charges : 8000
RSA: 3500
Ex-Warranty: 7303
Standard Fitment: 2000
Total: 1096004
Discounts: 100000
Total after discount: 996004

Delivery:

I had informed the sales rep beforehand that I would take delivery of the car only 1 week before marriage i.e. on 1st Feb. A week before the delivery date, I went to the stockyard and verified the VIN of the car which I’d received in December itself. The D-day arrived and I went to the showroom along with a friend of mine with a print out of the team-bhp delivery checklist. Link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-d...pdi-check-list

The car was in perfect condition and we finished all the formalities. I had sold my Alto K10 and hence had to hand it to the showroom guys 2 days before the delivery of the Jet. I’d told everyone in the house that I’d be giving the Alto for service . And I’d also left home on 1st feb saying I’ll be getting the Alto back from the service center. Brought the T-Jet home and that moment was what we call “PRICELESS”

Free Accessories from the dealer:
1. Reverse parking sensors
2. Mud flaps
3. Door mats
4. “Linea” door sills
5. Official FIAT Linea Car Cover

A picture of the jet taken in the stockyard

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1444.jpg

Couple of pictures taken at the showroom

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1511.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1513.jpg

Ownership review:

It’s been around a month now that the Jet arrived and I’d like to share my review of this beautiful vehicle.

Exteriors:

Phenomenal, gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful, stunner, head-turner, superb, fantastic, amazing, outstanding, mind-blowing, astonishing, awesome, and the list goes on and on. This car is the best looking car in the segment in my opinion. It’s almost 6+ years now that car has hit the Indian roads and still looks extravagant. The dual parabolic headlamps to the tail lights, the chrome content (door handles, grille, side moldings) to the sloping roof, the turbine design alloy wheels, everything on the exterior is a pleasure for the naked eye to watch. And on the back of the car, the number plate being on the bumper is more appealing than it being on the boot lid (as is the case in the 2014 FIAT Linea). Again, this is my personal opinion and is purely subjective. Also, we do not get the standard variant names (Active, Dynamic & Emotion) badged on the T-Jet. Instead, you’ll find T-Jet badged on the boot lid.

Interiors:

Like I’ve mentioned before, we had an Alto before, and considering that, the interiors in the T-Jet Emotion variant are a big step ahead. But considering other cars of the same segment like the Verna, and Vento, I feel that the interiors are just ok. First time I sat in the car and closed the front door, the sound of the door closing was music to my ears. You surely get the big-car feel once you sit inside. The dual tone dashboard looks fresh but the plastic quality is mediocre. I’m also yet to get used to the dead pedal and somehow feel that the pedals are very close to each other. The dual tone interiors (black and beige) get along well with the beige leather upholstery. Gives an airy feeling within the cabin. The instrument cluster looks best in class.
I also noticed that the dashboard is designed in such a way that it gives more space to the driver. The center of the dashboard is oriented a little towards the passenger seat and is not in line with the middle of the car. Shown in the pic below. Noticed this when I sat in the passenger seat and my right leg always used to touch the center console. Had to push the seat back a little to avoid this.

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1745.jpg

Comfort:

The leather seats in the Linea are of very good quality and offer great comfort. The seats offer good under thigh support and back support. Because of features such as tilt steering, center arm rest and driver seat height adjustment, the driver’s seat is the best place to be in the linea. The steering wheel also has contours on the left and right which make it good to hold. But I hold the steering wheel on the top, and I feel that area of the steering wheel is a little thin. But I’ve got used to it now. The suspension is very well tuned for the city and offers a comfortable ride. Only when we encounter very steep humps do we feel the suspension tad jittery.

There is good amount of leg room in the back. With 4 people in the car, it will be a very comfortable drive. But if there’s an additional occupant present, then the short people have to sit near the window side. This is because of the sliding roof line which touches the heads of tall passengers if they are sitting near the windows. But as nobody’s height in our family exceeds 5”10, headroom is not an issue. For us, the Linea is very comfortable. Also, like I’ve pointed out before, the passenger seat at the front has to be pushed back a little if the right knee comes in contact with the center console.

AC in the Linea T-jet is super powerful. The automatic climate control works flawlessly and the cabin is cooled in a matter of minutes. The music system integrated with Blue&Me just adds to the pleasure(Speaker upgrade would provide better output though). The 500lt boot swallows our entire luggage pretty easily. The rear collapsible sun curtain really is a welcome addition.

Safety:

The T-Jet comes with a host of safety features. All four disk brakes with ABS and EBD contribute to superb braking capabilities which are much needed on the T-jet. The car is also equipped with dual front airbags. Other safety features include:

-Fire Prevention System which automatically stops the fuel-flow in an event of impact.
-Advanced engine immobilizer with rolling code that prevents unauthorized access into the vehicle.
-3-point ELR seat belt with pre-tensioners and load limiter that keeps the occupants firmly in position.
-Driver seat belt warning system.
-Exact door open indicators.
-Double crank prevention system.
-Speed limit indicator which can be programmed.

Engine and performance:

The engine is a 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol unit which provides 112bhp of power at 5000rpm and 207Nm of torque at 2000-2200rpm. The first thing I noticed after starting the engine is how silent it was and that brought out a big smile on my face as this was one of my requirement. The smile didn’t last long as I tried to engage 1st gear and I was not able to even after pressing the clutch. After a few tries, realized that the clutch was not fully pressed and rectified that issue. Clutch has a long travel and requires a bit of getting used to. The gear shift is not very smooth and could have been much much better.

Get going and the car offers plenty of fun to drive. There is a bit of turbo lag below 1500 RPM but once the turbo kicks in, you would be pushed back to your seat while the jet rockets ahead. The second and third gears, when driven to the limit in, propel the jet ahead. In the city, the Tjet requires downshifts if the RPM falls below 1500 RPM but because of the turbo, overtaking is very easy. Also, because of the enhanced ground clearance of 190mm in the Emotion variant, the car doesn’t scrape through any of the bigger speed humps at all. The turn radius of the car is very less as compared to my old car which was expected. But the steering feedback is tremendous and very precise. The top speed I’ve managed in the TJet till date is 135kmph on the way to the airport. The roar of the Tjet engine is simply amazing but the wind noise is also high if we drive at high speeds.

Few pictures of the Jet taken at night.

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1723.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1726.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1728.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1730.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1733.jpg

These small lights provide ample lighting over the gearbox which looks great.

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1734.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1739.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1744.jpg

The car is in this state 5 days in a week.

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1747.jpg

More pictures of the Jet along with my likes/dislikes in following posts.

Last edited by azhar915 : 6th March 2014 at 02:08. Reason: Edited review
azhar915 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 21:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up

Congratulations on the Linea! Beautiful car. Loved it and wanted to buy it, and would have except for the rear seat which was not as comfortable as that in the car I finally bought. Since the rear seat in my car is unused 95% of the time, I didn't mind, but the home ministry overruled me
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 21:58   #3
BHPian

Congrats to you and your brother. Another beauty on the forum. The "push back to seat" feeling that one gets in T-jet is amazing. I was very disappointed after i test drove the MJD 90 BHP option. The sales guy understood what i wanted and instantly offered me T-Jet. Meanwhile he explained to me that the performance of the car is at par with BMW 3 series. I have never driven a 3 series but man-o-man, i was all smiles and instantly wanted it but lack of Vitamin-M forced me to hold back.

Anyways, this will be my next car for sure. Let the whole world say anything. Its my dream.
su1978 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 03:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Congratulations on the Linea! Beautiful car. Loved it and wanted to buy it, and would have except for the rear seat which was not as comfortable as that in the car I finally bought. Since the rear seat in my car is unused 95% of the time, I didn't mind, but the home ministry overruled me
Thank you VeluM

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Anyways, this will be my next car for sure. Let the whole world say anything. Its my dream.
Thank you su1978. I sincerely hope that your dream comes true.

A few Exterior pictures(Apologies for the mediocre image quality):

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1620.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1621.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1619.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1618.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1642.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1643.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1685.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1699.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1700.jpg

Chrome door handles
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1701.jpg

The front grille looks stunning
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1645.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1647.jpg

Dual Parabolic headlamps
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1650.jpg

Front fog lamp
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1696.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1641.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1640.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1638.jpg

Under the hood
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1695.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1698.jpg

The rear alloy wheel disks had a rust-like color. Anything wrong?
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1670.jpg

Now, a few pictures of the interiors:

The backseat is a really comfortable place to be in. Nobody exceeds 5"10 height in the family.
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1622.jpg

Backseat armrest with cup holders
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1623.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1624.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1626.jpg

At this very place, where the cushions are placed, in my old car, i had installed JBL GTO948 co-axial speakers. I'm going to miss those :(
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1627.jpg

Rear AC air vent
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1628.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1629.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1631.jpg

The gear knob. The gear shifts are long and feel rubbery at times.
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1662.jpg

The front arm rest is really useful in both city and highways
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1663.jpg

More pictures along with Pros and Cons to follow. Will add the same in the next post.
azhar915 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 09:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations! You must be the best brother one could have

The rust on the discs should go away if you take the car for a spin on an empty road and warm up the brakes a bit by using them once the pads have been biting on to the disc for a few times, that outer layer of rust will go away.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 2nd March 2014 at 10:00.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 13:42   #6
BHPian

Congrats Azhar and to your brother on the acquisition of the Italian beauty. The car surely looks stunning and as you mentioned - A Perfect Present .
I, for a long time have been eyeing on this car for a long time as a possible upgrade. But only issue being the mileage in the T-jet and the diesel is not an option as my usage doesn't cross 1000 KM / month. But it still remains one of the top contenders and hopefully the upcoming facelift will make the mileage issue trivial.

Wishing you both a safe and happy motoring.
Mahesh Prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congratulations! You must be the best brother one could have

The rust on the discs should go away if you take the car for a spin on an empty road and warm up the brakes a bit by using them once the pads have been biting on to the disc for a few times, that outer layer of rust will go away.
Thanks IshaanIan for the humble words. The car is used only during weekends. Maybe thats why the formation of the outer layer of rust. Is this common?

Some more pictures of the interiors:

Boot space is more than enough
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1633.jpg

The instrument panel
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1651.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1652.jpg

Mileage at present. It was 5.7 for the first 100 km. From then on gradually increasing.
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1653.jpg

Driver side window and side mirror controls
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1656.jpg

Car settings menu & fog lamp switches
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1657.jpg

Passenger side airbag and glove box
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1658.jpg

Center console with AC off
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1659.jpg

Center console with AC on
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1660.jpg

Internal light with dimming effect.
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1665.jpg

Both driver and passenger gets vanity mirrors with lights
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1666.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1667.jpg

Sun-glass holder on the driver side
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1668.jpg

Seat belts with height adjustment
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1669.jpg

On the rear, the holders also have hooks. Very useful to carry blazers
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1672.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1674.jpg

Getting rid of the plastics

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1675.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1678.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1680.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1679.jpg

Linea door Sills
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1676.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1683.jpg

Adequate space in the glove box
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1693.jpg

Nice place to keep those toll receipts
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1694.jpg

Charging port
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1705.jpg

Large side view mirrors
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1706.jpg

Steering wheel with audio controls and Blue&Me
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1718.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1719.jpg

Legroom at the back after adjusting the driver's seat to my driving position. Me(being 5"10) sitting and there is enough space. Headroom still an issue though if 5 people are sitting
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1707.jpg

Just got these yesterday
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1715.jpg

Some of the highs and lows of the car I thought I’d point out

Thumbs up:
-The drivability is amazing. Purely, a driver’s car.
-The turbo effect after 2000 rpm is exhilarating. No wonder people get addicted to it and it gets really hard to keep a light foot on the accelerator pedal.
-The long list of feature list in the Emotion variant.
-Automatic headlamps and vipers come in handy.
-The automatic climate control is really good. Cools the cabin in no time.
-Boot space of 500 lts is more than sufficient.
-The power steering is perfectly calibrated.
-5 people an easy fit in our family. Seats are very comfortable and offer good under thigh support.
-Blue & Me works like a charm. Hassle free connection to the phone.
-Music system is pretty decent.
-The suspension is very well suited for city driving conditions.
-Bigger 16” alloys wheels.
-The Premium Leather Upholstery looks and feels stunning.
-Collapsible Rear Sun Curtain also comes in handy in those sunny days.

Thumbs down:
There is some sort of wind noise which comes from the right side view mirror when we drive at higher speeds. I’ve double checked that the driver side window is closed properly. I wonder why we get this wind noise? Searched through the forum and noticed that this is a pretty common problem.

There is a long list of small niggles which I’ll be covering in the next post as the image limit has been reached.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2014 at 21:07.
azhar915 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 17:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
Congrats Azhar and to your brother on the acquisition of the Italian beauty. The car surely looks stunning and as you mentioned - A Perfect Present .
I, for a long time have been eyeing on this car for a long time as a possible upgrade. But only issue being the mileage in the T-jet and the diesel is not an option as my usage doesn't cross 1000 KM / month. But it still remains one of the top contenders and hopefully the upcoming facelift will make the mileage issue trivial.

Wishing you both a safe and happy motoring.
Thanks Mahesh. I was in the same situation as you are as even we don't travel more than 1000km(or even 800km) per month. Hence opted for the T-Jet. Moreover, there's a lot more to it than mileage and i'm sure you'll love it. All the best

Let me cover the niggling issues which i mentioned in my previous post.

This piece of cloth was hanging from the boot right next to the boot lamp
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1632.jpg

Also once you open the boot, onto the left, we see these cuttings through which we can see the cables. Could have been closed properly
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1635.jpg

I wonder what the opening in the boot lid is for?
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1637.jpg

Another fitment which is not proper
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1682.jpg

If you'd want to clean the windshield and used the nozzle to spray water, the water directly hits the wipers. Very annoying
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1686.jpg

Large opening near the front right door
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1689.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1692.jpg

Non-aligned fitment
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1690.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1691.jpg

This rubber cladding always pops out under the bonnet
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1697.jpg

The quality of material used around the gear is poor
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1704.jpg

Little place to hold water bottles. A common problem for all Linea owners
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1710.jpg

Although these issues don't hamper the drivability in any way, i'd still expect all these to be rectified at the factory level.

Finally a couple of pics clicked on the day of marriage
The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1547.jpg

The Perfect Gift – Hip Hop Black Fiat Linea T-Jet. EDIT: 1,000 kms up-img_1544.jpg

I'm yet to drive the car on a highway. Will update once i do. Will also post the pictures

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2014 at 21:08. Reason: Only two smileys per post are permitted.
azhar915 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

You should not miss them at all as the TJet has rear speakers mounted in the rear door itself, and the best part is that this is a far better position for speakers than the parcel tray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar915 View Post
At this very place, where the cushions are placed, in my old car, i had installed JBL GTO948 co-axial speakers. I'm going to miss those :(
Apart from that, the cloth piece is insulation material which seems to have become dislodged. The boot has a missing rubber grommet, get that from the A.S.C. ASAP along with the torn gear lever surround. Both will be covered under warranty.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks IshaanIan for the humble words . The car is used only during weekends. Maybe thats why the formation of the outer layer of rust. Is this common?

Nice place to keep those toll receipts
Attachment 1213998

Thumbs down:
There is some sort of wind noise which comes from the right side view mirror when we drive at higher speeds. I’ve double checked that the driver side window is closed properly. I wonder why we get this wind noise? Searched through the forum and noticed that this is a pretty common problem.

There is a long list of small niggles which I’ll be covering in the next post as the image limit has been reached.
Yep that is quite perfectly normal. Just make sure that when you do take it out on those rare occasions, that you dab on the brakes from time to time for a kilometer or so just so that the superior braking capabilities are never compromised when you do need them (god forbid that ought to happen, but still) Wind noise is also perfectly normal in the Fiat thanks to the design of those ORVMs. They do look beautiful so you should let that pass

Oh and actually, the ideal place for toll slips and other tickets is the between the wide band/sleeve on the driver side sunvisor one of those little things that many people overlook.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2014 at 21:09. Reason: Only two smileys per post permitted.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also the Linea T-Jet ticked all the boxes in my requirement list. So, on 26th of November 2013, I booked the Hip Hop Black Linea T-Jet Emotion. Again as Black is my brother’s favorite color.

Many many congratulations Azhar!! The car is a beauty and i wish you a great ownership experience. Glad our reviews were able to help you in the decision making process. Its a great car and deserves a better reputation. Looks fantastic in Black which was my first color choice as well , but was overruled given that my Fabia is black as well.

With respect to some of the alignment quality images you have posted , suggest you take it to the workshop and ask them to do something about it. Ideally you should have told them during the PDI to get it done for delivery , but i have none of the gaps that you have taken a photo of so i am sure they can do something.

For the gear upholstery , the material is actually not bad , just loosen it up and re-do it and then use the velcro to hold it together and shove the additional velcro inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
At the distance you are driving i dont think mileage should play a major role , irrespective of the new facelift. In fact i would probably suggest going in for the pre-face lift model to make it more value for money. I have the same monthly running as you , in a normal month , through heavy city traffic and in the winters it is now clear that the car can easily deliver 12-15 KMPL and in the summer 11-13 is not a problem. Broad range , can be even more depending on traffic conditions.
puchoo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 13:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You should not miss them at all as the TJet has rear speakers mounted in the rear door itself, and the best part is that this is a far better position for speakers than the parcel tray.
That's what the rear passenger used to complain in my Alto. Actually, those speakers were really powerful and i didn't need a separate sub-woofer at all. Also, i'd installed JBL GT5-S204 at the front. So that made up a good pairing and the sound effects were simply amazing.

Although i'm not complaining, and i shouldn't as my brother listens to music at a very low volume and doesn't like the woofer effect, the default speakers in Linea are pretty good in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Wind noise is also perfectly normal in the Fiat thanks to the design of those ORVMs. They do look beautiful so you should let that pass .
Agreed. But it was funny the first time i encountered this wind noise. It was when i was driving to the BIA and i stopped the car, checked everywhere near the right driver side window for any openings. Failing to find any, i got out of the car and again kept looking but failed again . Then after getting home, searched through team-bhp and figured that this was normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Many many congratulations Azhar!! The car is a beauty and i wish you a great ownership experience. Glad our reviews were able to help you in the decision making process. Its a great car and deserves a better reputation. Looks fantastic in Black which was my first color choice as well , but was overruled given that my Fabia is black as well.

With respect to some of the alignment quality images you have posted , suggest you take it to the workshop and ask them to do something about it. Ideally you should have told them during the PDI to get it done for delivery , but i have none of the gaps that you have taken a photo of so i am sure they can do something.

For the gear upholstery , the material is actually not bad , just loosen it up and re-do it and then use the velcro to hold it together and shove the additional velcro inside.

At the distance you are driving i dont think mileage should play a major role , irrespective of the new facelift. In fact i would probably suggest going in for the pre-face lift model to make it more value for money. I have the same monthly running as you , in a normal month , through heavy city traffic and in the winters it is now clear that the car can easily deliver 12-15 KMPL and in the summer 11-13 is not a problem. Broad range , can be even more depending on traffic conditions.
Thanks Puchoo. I'll get the car checked at the dealer sometime this weekend. Fixed the gear upholstery after your suggestion. I did inform the sales guy about some of the niggles(like the water nozzle problem and the opening in boot exposing the wires) and was asked to wait till the mech arrived. But as i was busy with the marriage preparations, i told them i'll be coming some other time which has not happened till date.

And Mahesh, don't be mislead by the mileage which i'm getting now(posted in one of the pics). This is perfectly normal as the car is still in the run-in period. The mileage is gradually increasing every time we drive.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2014 at 21:03. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:30   #13
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations for the Italian beauty.
Wish you a perfect niggle free performance from the jet.
It was a perfect selection for a marriage gift, though you never disclosed the reaction of your brother.

All the points that you've pointed out can be fixed at the dealership and ensure to get them fixed ASAP except the glove box. The Linea is a perfect highway car and the true character of this car is revealed only when you take it out for a ride on the highway.

However, please follow the run-in period for the longevity of the car.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 18:45   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I had tested the new T-Jet in Sept last year, I found that there was paint over-spray or "over-brush" below the black sections of the dashboard. It looked as if the top of the dash was painted over the beige colour, and it was done after being assembled in the car.

I see from these images that it still looks the same, and apparently these are painted? Do you know if this is true? I always thought that the colour of the dash was impregnated in the different plastic sections. This was a major factor in the family's resistance to the car unfortunately.

Still drooling over the images of your car, BTW. Especially love the 16" alloys (Turbine in T-Jet Emo) and the stance they give the car with 205 width tyres.

Congratulations, again! Please do keep us posted on the fitment issues, whether or not they are resolved in the first service, and the overall service costs.
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Many congratulations for the Italian beauty.
Wish you a perfect niggle free performance from the jet.
It was a perfect selection for a marriage gift, though you never disclosed the reaction of your brother.
Thanks Sommos.
I drove the car home and started honking continuously. My brother opened the door and the chain of events followed were something like this.(I'm a really bad narrator so pardon me for that)

Bro:(Completely shocked) OMG! What is this?
Me: It's your gift.
Bro: Mom, this guy has gone mad.
Mom came out running.
Mom: What is this?
Me: That's the gift for bro for his wedding.
Bro(elder to me by the way) was going around and looking at the car.
Mom: Where is the old car?
Me: I sold it.
Mom: But why? the small car was so nice. Give this back and get back the old car. And why black color?
(My mom doesn't like black color a lot)
Me: (I was just laughing at this moment and meanwhile all guests came outside)
Bro: (Still shocked)This is diesel or petrol?
Me: Turbocharged petrol.
Bro: But why such a big petrol car? What is the mileage?
Me: Did you know the mileage of Alto?
Bro: Hmmm but still.
Me: Drive and tell me if you like it.

After this conversation all the guests in the house came out, started talking and congratulating us and we got a lil busy. I didn't take the car out till late night so that he could drive on empty roads. Then, at around 11 PM, we went out for a drive. Once we entered the main road, i asked him to accelerate hard in the 2nd gear. He did and suddenly the car started to show her prowess. Shifted to 3rd and the car punched through like a rocket. He then laughed in a devilish manner(hehe hahahaha sort of) which he does when he is over excited and happy. Said thanks to me, inquired more about the car, price and features and we drove again for a few km and got back home All in all, it was one of the best days of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
When I had tested the new T-Jet in Sept last year, I found that there was paint over-spray or "over-brush" below the black sections of the dashboard. It looked as if the top of the dash was painted over the beige colour, and it was done after being assembled in the car.

I see from these images that it still looks the same, and apparently these are painted? Do you know if this is true? I always thought that the colour of the dash was impregnated in the different plastic sections. This was a major factor in the family's resistance to the car unfortunately.

Still drooling over the images of your car, BTW. Especially love the 16" alloys (Turbine in T-Jet Emo) and the stance they give the car with 205 width tyres.

Congratulations, again! Please do keep us posted on the fitment issues, whether or not they are resolved in the first service, and the overall service costs.
Thanks again VeluM. I do not know if these are painted. But after you've pointed it out, it does look more like it. Anyone have an idea about this? But i don't understand why this was such a big factor in your family's resistance to the car.

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd March 2014 at 21:08. Reason: Only two smileys permitted.
azhar915 is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks