Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:12   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
I will see what I can do! Never had a need for a Driver myself so have never ventured there. PM me the details of what you want and I will see if there is a reference.

Thanks! Am I really the first one? That would be nice

Yeah my variant is the Emotion one which is the top variant for the new Linea. 11L is steep considering i got mine for just under 10L (Including the exchange bonus).

Thanks Ashwin. Today my dealer has asked for the full paent
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:44   #152
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Finally managed to compress the pictures

A front side comparison of the New with the Old, I am now inclining back towards the Old's look but strictly only from the front. The increased space in front of the headlight glass as well as the way the new Fog lamps assembly looks is super cool in the new one. However its the front grill that makes the old one attractive.

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140331_110827220.jpg

I think this is one of the best views of the Lineas!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140331_110841052.jpg

The front ORVMs are better in the new one!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140331_110907201.jpg

A back to back comparison!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140331_110928317.jpg

This is the other best way to view the true beauty of Linea. Notice the dealer's sticker, I somehow felt that he has copied Team BHP's style, wot say!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_104714798.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140331_110943697.jpg  

Ashwin Morey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 14:56   #153
BHPian

Pictures continued....Excuse me for the quality of the pics or the way the pics have been clicked since I am neither a Photo Journalist nor am I an Auto-Journalist!

The same old key, no changes there!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140331_111001536.jpg

An outsider's view of the inside!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140331_110852080.jpg

Another inside view from outside!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140331_111010472.jpg

Cruise Control! Wonder when and where I will be able to use it!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103817483.jpg

Automatic Headlamp! How do i use it but? Any pointers for that?

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103828736.jpg

Thoughtful- Yes. Useful- Don't know!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103802161.jpg

Thoughtful- No. Useful- Useless!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103839873.jpg

These are dealer provided mats. I wanted to buy the 3D Kagu mats but then I liked these simple ones. So am not breaking head over whether to go for new mats or not. I guess these can serve the purpose for some time.

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103851028.jpg
The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103923240.jpg
Ashwin Morey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 15:13   #154
BHPian

And these are the final pictures! Had to put these here to show how a perfectly designed car also has a glaring flaw!

This is the front left side-

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103721855.jpg

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103734288.jpg

Compared to that, look at the front right side-

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-img_20140402_103745836.jpg

Why Fiat why

Also here are some last minute feedback that I forgot to highlight earlier-

1. I haven't sat enough in the rear seats of my old TJ to know how the cushioning was however others who are more used to those soft cushions complained that the new one is stiffer at the rear.

2. If you sit in the front and turn back (as if to speak with rear passengers) you see that the car has an elevated stance as if its rear has risen a bit. This maybe due to higher ground clearance, perhaps the reason why I feel that the rear tyres look smaller in those huge wheel arches.

3. The steering leather is cheap quality. My old one's feel was superb and i can tell with my eyes closed that this one is cheaper. Maybe more Indianess that they are trying to bring in the car.

I hope the review is helpful and as per the bare minimum standards of the forum here. Apologies if it is not up to the mark, I have tried my best to write up after getting a lot of 'inspiration' from different reviews here.
Ashwin Morey is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:05   #155
Senior - BHPian

Thats not a panel gap , that's badly misaligned / maybe a problem with the panel curvature itself (?) and i would have personally refused to take delivery of the car like that. Get it back to them and ask them to sort it out asap.

The ground clearance which is 185/190 was done last year itself so those wheels at the back have been feeling a bit lonely for a while now.

Quote:

Why Fiat why

Also here are some last minute feedback that I forgot to highlight earlier-

1. I haven't sat enough in the rear seats of my old TJ to know how the cushioning was however others who are more used to those soft cushions complained that the new one is stiffer at the rear.

2. If you sit in the front and turn back (as if to speak with rear passengers) you see that the car has an elevated stance as if its rear has risen a bit. This maybe due to higher ground clearance, perhaps the reason why I feel that the rear tyres look smaller in those huge wheel arches.

3. The steering leather is cheap quality. My old one's feel was superb and i can tell with my eyes closed that this one is cheaper. Maybe more Indianess that they are trying to bring in the car.

I hope the review is helpful and as per the bare minimum standards of the forum here. Apologies if it is not up to the mark, I have tried my best to write up after getting a lot of 'inspiration' from different reviews here.

Last edited by puchoo : 2nd April 2014 at 16:22.
Old 2nd April 2014, 16:15   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thats not a panel gap , that's badly misaligned and i would have personally refused to take delivery of the car like that. Get it back to them and ask them to sort it out asap.
It is indeed visible to the naked eye in an ugly way but I guess in the pic it came out to be too large, maybe because i clicked at that angle! It is bad but I decided not to pursue since I wanted delivery on 31st March.

But you are right, I gotta go back to the dealer to pursue this further.
Old 2nd April 2014, 18:30   #157
BHPian

Congrats Ashwin!. Great snaps for quick comparo with earlier linea. The magnesio grey is a good color.

I too am contemplating on a Tjet emotion from pandit auto. I am being offered 10.20L otr. This does not take into account the exchange for my getz prime. Let us see how the deal works out.

Being a previous owner of tjet can you tell me what is the real world FE of linea. That is the only thing on my mind, rest everything looks fine.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 20:01   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is indeed visible to the naked eye in an ugly way but I guess in the pic it came out to be too large, maybe because i clicked at that angle! It is bad but I decided not to pursue since I wanted delivery on 31st March.

But you are right, I gotta go back to the dealer to pursue this further.
Yes, please do so at the earliest , that gap is wide enough for a lot of things to get through and you dont want anything inside the engine bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post

Being a previous owner of tjet can you tell me what is the real world FE of linea. That is the only thing on my mind, rest everything looks fine.
Be conservative in your estimate and hopes , 10-12 in the city with the Ac on and 14-15 on the highways , the car can deliver more or less depending on your traffic conditions , manner of driving etc.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2014, 20:08   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post

My Old was a guzzler it gave me 10 barely (but with AC on) in the city. However in the highway it was a different story, it always gave me a decent 15 with AC on for long periods (say from Pune to Mumbai Airport)!
Old 2nd April 2014, 20:13   #160
BHPian

Got the treatment done from 3M Car Care at Baner-Pashan Link Road! Following is what was done-

Under Car treatment
Paint Sealant
Film on the sides
Film on the front
Engine Protection*

Total cost: 21 K
Discount: 10%
Final Cost: 19K

*The engine protection was done free of cost as an offer!

Special mention of Mr. Swapnil, the manager for this facility. He is a very gentle, informative and helpful guy. Promised that the car would be given by 7.00 in the evening, called me precisely at 6.50 to inform that the car would be ready in 10 mins. Went there at 7.30 and the car was all ready with the shine and the whole works!
Old 2nd April 2014, 21:27   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Got the treatment done from 3M Car Care at Baner-Pashan Link Road! Following is what was done-

Under Car treatment
Paint Sealant
Film on the sides
Film on the front
Engine Protection*

Total cost: 21 K
Discount: 10%
Final Cost: 19K

*The engine protection was done free of cost as an offer!

Special mention of Mr. Swapnil, the manager for this facility. He is a very gentle, informative and helpful guy. Promised that the car would be given by 7.00 in the evening, called me precisely at 6.50 to inform that the car would be ready in 10 mins. Went there at 7.30 and the car was all ready with the shine and the whole works!
Hi Ashwin, You taking delivery just before me and giving all this timely feedback is turning out to be very helpful buddy. Will give a visit to 3M shop.
Meanwhile i also went to one "Eagle Car Care" and got some quotes for all these protections, films etc.

Your earlier observation about steering wheel material is very true, at first glance it doesn't even feel leather.
I personally find this extra extra GC given to this car as a big minus as far as the overall stance of the car is concerned. This takes away quiet a lot of points out of the beauty quotient of easily the best looking car from the segment.

I will be taking delivery on monday perhaps, detailed review to follow.
Old 2nd April 2014, 21:28   #162
Senior - BHPian

Ashwin, If I am not wrong, all Fiat cars come with under-body treatment from factory.
Which film did you install on the sides?
And, what do they do for Engine Protection?
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:18   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswant View Post
Hi Ashwin, You taking delivery just before me and giving all this timely feedback is turning out to be very helpful buddy. Will give a visit to 3M shop.
Meanwhile i also went to one "Eagle Car Care" and got some quotes for all these protections, films etc.

Your earlier observation about steering wheel material is very true, at first glance it doesn't even feel leather.
I personally find this extra extra GC given to this car as a big minus as far as the overall stance of the car is concerned. This takes away quiet a lot of points out of the beauty quotient of easily the best looking car from the segment.

I will be taking delivery on monday perhaps, detailed review to follow.
Yeah very true, Steering quality is a big put off. Like i said earlier in my review, there is a lot of 'Indianess' to the car that they have put up. In other words cheap plastics or cheap material, the way doors close, the way indicators sound or the horn sounds and other such materials that clunk in a very typical Maruti way.

The tall stance though I feel is not that big a put off, I guess it is person to person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Ashwin, If I am not wrong, all Fiat cars come with under-body treatment from factory.
Which film did you install on the sides?
And, what do they do for Engine Protection?
For all those interested, here is the 3M invoice details-

1. Sunfilm Front- WS-CR-70 : 6990
2. Sunfilm Sides- RE-70-B : 5390
3. 3M Anti Corrosion (5 yrs Wty) : 3390
4. 3M Paint Sealant - Essential : 3290

Total 19290 (after adding tax and putting discounts).

On top of this they gave Engine protection free. I am sorry but I don't have the details of what they put up. I think the basic Engine pack which costs about 1300.

Also I learned recently that all FIAT cars do come with Under Body treatment from factory but I thought what the hell, will get a double coat!
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:08   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah very true, Steering quality is a big put off. Like i said earlier in my review, there is a lot of 'Indianess' to the car that they have put up. In other words cheap plastics or cheap material, the way doors close, the way indicators sound or the horn sounds and other such materials that clunk in a very typical Maruti way.

The tall stance though I feel is not that big a put off, I guess it is person to person
I agree about the steering leather quality, though the new steering's added ease at low speeds no bad thing since the feel and weight at higher speeds is intact.

'Cheap materials and plastics': much improved over my 2010 linea, esp the obvious dashboard areas. I agree about the horn, indicator sound etc but as long as they are as reliable as earlier, it is acceptable i guess.

The tall stance looked terrible with the earlier front grille, it looks ok with this one though the wheel well might be seen as a bit too empty by some enthusiasts. I feel the tradeoff with extra GC is worth it, since tyre size and width is good.
Old 3rd April 2014, 18:05   #165
Senior - BHPian

It still looks funny if you ask me , irrespective of the design but after a while you get used to it and barely notice it , when i first saw it during the test drive process i was quite stunned especially when we got back to the showroom and parked against an older lines , would have liked it to be lower but then again quite a few members have posted about hitting the belly of the car and increased GC being needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
The tall stance looked terrible with the earlier front grille, it looks ok with this one though the wheel well might be seen as a bit too empty by some enthusiasts. I feel the tradeoff with extra GC is worth it, since tyre size and width is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks