Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2015, 02:36   #496
BHPian

Re: The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review

Hello All ,

The deal is finalized and the booking amount has been paid today.

The final OTR is 9.65 L for 1.3 MJD Dynamic.
The deal includes 1st year insurance nil dep & 2 Year extended warranty.

Overall Iam pretty happy the way the things have turned out.

Iam expecting to get the VIN number by the end of this week so that I can know the month of manufacture.

A final nod will only be given after a through PDI.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 23:35   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Hello All ,

The final OTR is 9.65 L for 1.3 MJD Dynamic.
The deal includes 1st year insurance nil dep & 2 Year extended warranty.
Congrats!

This will be fresh stock I presume? When I had inquired about the Linea Dynamic MJD in BNW (same as yours! )- I recall the price was in the very early 9 lakh region. Discountable to below 8.

This- or the VW Vento Comfortline (at 9.5 BIG ONES ) remains the back up option- in case things fail to work out with the T-Jet.

Somehow I'm still wanting a diesel, even after properly experiencing the T-Jet. The useage will be diesel friendly as it is- 30k an year + unpredictability.

End of day- VW Vento remains pricey- yet I quite liked its on-the-faceness. The instruments and the entire cabin are a true operators delight! The dials- so clear! VW's engineering shines through! And the torque.

Enter the Linea. Oozes of style. Quick- Somewhat! Cheap to maintain. Hardly any cost cutting evident. Feels of high quality when compared to the Vento, and has a manageable ASC, and more importantly- is better to drive, and is cheaper on all counts. Hmmm- I'm damn confused. Damn.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 23:25   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Congrats!

This will be fresh stock I presume? When I had inquired about the Linea Dynamic MJD in BNW (same as yours! )- I recall the price was in the very early 9 lakh region. Discountable to below 8.
Thank you mate.
Honesty the offer price on Linea was a strong point for my inclination.

Also BNW was discontinued long ago and it is now pearl white.In Hyd the ex showroom price of dynamic is 9.44 (pre Jan1 2015) and the dealer agreed to throw in some more freebies apart from the price being paid by me.Overall iam pretty happy for what the car has to offer against what Iam paying.

I had good discussions with a few members here who own the car and they have given good feedback so far and they have honestly highlighted which areas to be careful about.

All the best for your decision making.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 10:39   #499
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!! Enjoy the car and the falling fuel prices

Quote:
Hello All ,

puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 13:28   #500

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Test drove the New Fiat Linea Diesel yesterday and was very disappointed!

It seems they have tuned the engine for very linear power delivery, and that completely takes away the fun factor from the Linea. The sluggish motor sounded very much like the diesel on the Tata Indica. The turbo lag is also conspicuous and very disappointing. I could not stop myself from thinking that this could be a maintenance issue and car might not have been serviced after being ploughed in as the Test drive car. To my utter surprise the sales rep told me that it was serviced in October 14.

utterly confused on what are my options for drivers car outside of the Linea ... any advise would be welcome?
Old 20th January 2015, 15:08   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssingh83 View Post

utterly confused on what are my options for drivers car outside of the Linea ... any advise would be welcome?
Hey ssingh83 I am not 'The Expert' around here but here are my thoughts:

- IF you are really looking for a 'Driver Oriented Car' and interested only in Linea, there is nothing else other than T-Jet !! PERIOD

- IF you need a petrol which is fast but not quite like a T-jet, you may probably even consider Honda City I-Vtec or Vento TSi.

- IF you need a diesel car and are looking at Linea, please look away. A Rapid/Vento TDI will probably suffice your need.

- IF you need a diesel and have only tested the Linea MJD, you must probably TD Honda City I-Dtec, Maruti Ciaz DDIS and Verna 1.6 CRDi, before trying out the Germans.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 20th January 2015 at 15:10.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 15:22   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Test drove the New Fiat Linea Diesel yesterday and was very disappointed!

It seems they have tuned the engine for very linear power delivery, and that completely takes away the fun factor from the Linea. The sluggish motor sounded very much like the diesel on the Tata Indica. The turbo lag is also conspicuous and very disappointing. I could not stop myself from thinking that this could be a maintenance issue and car might not have been serviced after being ploughed in as the Test drive car. To my utter surprise the sales rep told me that it was serviced in October 14.

Driver's car? Only one, the Fiesta. Get it remapped for the extra fun.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 18:46   #503
BHPian

@sssingh - as mentioned in the verna forum , I suggest to wait till the launch of facelifted verna ie feb 16 . Absolute delight to drive the verna diesel with the highest bhp in the segment .
Old 20th January 2015, 19:08   #504
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Driver's car? Only one, the Fiesta. Get it remapped for the extra fun.
+1, if one is buying Linea for the lovely ride/handling package then the only car that comes close and betters it is the Fiesta.

Its priced very well, the 1.5 TDCi is way more punchier than the 1.3 MJD in Linea with negligible turbo lag, has slicker gear shifts, is a much fresher design, ample features to pay with and Ford after sales + deale network is better.

Where the Fiesta will lose is ground clearance which is lesser than Linea, rear seat space, not so great looking rear and the fact that it sold even less than Linea.

You can have a look at Vento/Rapid as well but let me warn you that VAG will provide worst service. I did not even like the 1.5 TDi motor, yes its still a performer compared to others but the 1.6 TDi in my Vento is a blast to drive and much better than the new engine.

@Ssinngh,
Have a test drive of Fiesta, i own both Linea and new fiesta and if its the diesel you are after, get the Ford, for petrol lovers, nothing beats the Tjet motor.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 20th January 2015 at 19:11.
Old 20th January 2015, 19:29   #505
BHPian

@coolboy , itsashishsharma - I agree that fiesta is a delight to drive . I have driven thst from mumbai to lonavla many a times and it handles well in highways . Also to be admitted that maintenance costs are high .
@ssingh - you may also consider figo based ka sedan which will be launched shortly . Gets aston martin like design with 1.5 diesel.
Old 20th January 2015, 20:17   #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

@Ssinngh,
Have a test drive of Fiesta, i own both Linea and new fiesta and if its the diesel you are after, get the Ford, for petrol lovers, nothing beats the Tjet motor.
I am a big fiesta fan but do you think that the new 1.5 ltr diesel is as good and punchy as the old 1.6 ltr? Also, should I wait for the new Verna? Considering that the new Elite i 20 handles much better that the older cousin, I am really hopeful that the new Verna would be a better handling car!
Old 20th January 2015, 20:51   #507
BHPian

Quote:
I am a big fiesta fan but do you think that the new 1.5 ltr diesel is as good and punchy as the old 1.6 ltr? Also, should I wait for the new Verna? Considering that the new Elite i 20 handles much better that the older cousin, I am really hopeful that the new Verna would be a better handling car!
By 'old', I am assuming you are referring to the Fiesta Classic. This had a 1.4L duratorq engine. The new 1.5L improves upon this and is a good engine.
It's the petrol story which is disappointing where while the new cars power and torque are marginally up as compared to the Classic but the 'fun' is missing!

I suggest you test drive the Fiesta Diesel once; you wont regret it!
viper_711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 21:23   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The old Fiesta as told by viper had a 1.4 diesel which was noisy and did not have much power. The 1.5 TDCi is miles better, is one of the most refined and has good power on tap, on top of it the arai claim is 25 kmpl. The engine is good, you wont come disappointed after driving it.

As for Verna, yeah Hyundai will tweak the suspension but i will suggest you one thing. Test drive the current Verna (2014) and see if you can adjust to the lifeless steering and soft suspension, if you can then the newer one would be better in this regard. Even the rear seat in Verna is a downer.

If you want to have joy while driving, you can not have it in Elite i20 or Verna, if you want a family sedan, you can wait for Verna. Hyundai cars are not meant to be driven enthusiastically ( no offence hyundai owners), as a family car package, Verna holds good.
Old 20th January 2015, 22:09   #509
BHPian

@coolboy007 - I agree fiesta has a fantastic diesel engine . I disagree that hyundai verna / elite i 20 is not enthusiastic to drive . No intention of offence
Old 30th January 2015, 01:22   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaswant View Post
I got it booked at the caffe. I'm mainly based in Mumbai but recently shifted some part of business to pune so didn't have much idea about which dealer is good.
Is your car MH12KT 8106 by any chance?
Quote:
pdma.
Ahem....Is she home?

This post is to inform others that the FINMobile () is likely to be a 2013/14 FIAT Linea Dynamic MJD. The colour- Bossa Nova White/Pearl White. Oh- The Magnesio grey as well. There's a couple of 2014 pre-facelift stock left- Started negotiating. Meanwhile- anyone seen the Avventura in white? Looked just awesome!

Today- was an excellent day. Saw more than 5 facelifted Linea's, and wonder of wonders, saw a line of Linea's of all ages move on the road. 6 of 'em. I guess Pune is one of those rare cities- wherein a lot of FIAT's can be spotted. I was never a FIAT fan- I was converted into one. The Linea- goodness sake, I find it the best all-rounder upto about 25 lakhs. I'll state reasons in the upcoming review, as and when the FINMobile comes home.

Also investigating the possibility of trading the other car- and putting a heavily discounted Punto in its place. BUT- I'll not only overshoot the budget, but also, for the money paid, why not the Fluence? I'll see the Fluence out as well- If I started my search with a Volvo S60, and rejected it for some aspects (practicality- as an example.) of it,err.. might as well see the Fluence out.

So- this is where things stand: Linea almost finalized, and yet- I might talk to the Renault dealers here, as regards to the Fluence. I know that it is in an altogether different league, but drive both of them, the Linea & Fluence immedately, you'll wonder- Why isn't the Linea in a higher segment?-Such is the brilliance of it. I'll elaborate later.

How does the Linea look in the below shade (Sunbeam Beige)? Saw one- and it looked good enough. Or the grey is still the best? When in doubt, choose white.

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-lineafinal.jpg

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-linea-.jpg

Nope. It has to be grey. Looks the best!

The 2014 Fiat Linea Facelift - Test Drive & Review-linea-.jpg
Credits to the pics: The Interweb.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 30th January 2015 at 01:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks