Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2014, 11:36   #16
BHPian

Re: My Blue Beauty – Honda Amaze SMT i-DTEC @ 7000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Congrats on you new car ! Amaze looks very sporty in blue shade.
Did you plan any upgrades like alloys / ICE ? Also did you buy seat cover from dealer ? How much do they cost ? Can you please post a pic with rear armrest down ?
Thanks. I am not a big fan of Alloys or ICE, so I will leave them as they are. Infact the ICE does its job just right for my requirements and the sound quality, per my standard, is very good.

Seat cover is bought locally and not from the dealership. I was contemplating on getting the cover from Marvin/Ovion, but I was told that they will 'remove' the factory fitted fabric from the seat and install the leather cover, which I was not comfortable with. For the existing PU leather cover, I paid Rs 6000. Because of light shade, it gets dirty real quick, so I need to keep cleaning it every once in a while.

Here's the pic of the rear armrest brought down. The design is a bit weird, as it actually touches the seat, though I have not used the armrest extensively to judge it's strength.

My Blue Beauty – Honda Amaze SMT i-DTEC @ 7000 kms-20140317_112411.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand3553 View Post
Congrats AmzeGuru, Amaze looks cool in blue shade that you own. Could you please share your experience with the storage space inside the cabin?
Thanks. If I were to give absolute rating for the cabin space, I would probably say 'Good', but having owned Indica Vista for 4 years, if I am comparing these two cars, Vista certainly is ahead in the storage space department. Having said that, Amaze does provide few cup-holders (they are actually illuminated) and some nifty areas for storing small things (like the storage area in between the seats, behind the hand-brake). I never felt 'lack' of storage space in the cabin so far.
AmazeGuru is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 20:32   #17
BHPian

Hi AmazeGuru,
Congratulations on 7000+ kms with your Amaze and thank you for sharing a detailed review. I've done about 5,500 on my i-VTEC and am loving it!

Incidentally, mine is the same colour and I also have the T-BHP url sticker on the exact same place on the ORVM .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
ECO Indicator – Now this is where I want to give some data and also try to explain my understanding on the behavior of this indicator. Initially when I started driving the car after delivery, it looked like this indicator is a marketing gimmick, but as I drove more and more and started studying its behavior, it became clear to me that the fuel efficiency of the car depends to a large extent on this indicator.

This indicator is based on the RPM at which engine is running. There is ideal RPM range for each gear and if you are driving in that range, the ECO indicator will keep glowing. I have observed that for gears 1 – 3, the ECO indicator will be on between 1000 – 1500 RPM. However, in 4th and 5th, it will glow upto 2100 RPM. In 5th gear, it will stay on even when you are doing about 110 kmph.

Seats and Space:
Honda has done an awesome job by providing the best-in-class cabin space, which can be attributed largely to the design of seats.
- The front seats come with fixed headrests and provide good lateral support. I however am not too happy with the under-thigh support. Not that I had problem while driving for long distance, it’s just that I would have loved better under thigh support.
- The rear seat is actually the place to be in the car. The design of the seats is just amazing. They provide excellent back, side and under thigh support. Also, the back seat have curved shape which is very comforting, especially on long drives
- While seats do their job fine, the front ones look very thin compared to the competition. I am not sure about the long term reliability/stability given the abuse over a period of time.
- Coming from Vista, which has acres of interior space, I certainly feel little cramped inside Amaze. The backseat can comfortably seat 2, but a 3rd person would be little difficult on long drives.

Now the bad part about the Gears is the slotting. I know many Amaze Diesel owners have complained about this, but it is high time Honda does something to this. It has become little difficult to properly slot the gears – especially when you are upshifting to/downshifting from 2nd or 3rd gears. Also, the reverse gear has slotted for the first time, ever.
I share your thoughts on pretty much all the aspects you mentioned, especially the steering, interior space, etc. My notes on the eco lamp also are similar. Regarding the thin front seats, that's a clever idea by Honda to make more space at the back. But the flip side is that if the back seat passenger's knees were to touch my seat, I can feel it!

One more thing - I observed that especially in the Amaze, for the clutch to be fully engaged, you need to push your leg all the way back - much more than what I was accustomed too. If I do not fully depress the clutch, I find the gear shifting slotty, hence I have to make it a point to remember this while driving.
Top-Gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 11:58   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Gear View Post
Hi AmazeGuru,
Congratulations on 7000+ kms with your Amaze and thank you for sharing a detailed review. I've done about 5,500 on my i-VTEC and am loving it!

Incidentally, mine is the same colour and I also have the T-BHP url sticker on the exact same place on the ORVM .

I share your thoughts on pretty much all the aspects you mentioned, especially the steering, interior space, etc. My notes on the eco lamp also are similar. Regarding the thin front seats, that's a clever idea by Honda to make more space at the back. But the flip side is that if the back seat passenger's knees were to touch my seat, I can feel it!

One more thing - I observed that especially in the Amaze, for the clutch to be fully engaged, you need to push your leg all the way back - much more than what I was accustomed too. If I do not fully depress the clutch, I find the gear shifting slotty, hence I have to make it a point to remember this while driving.
Hi Top-Gear,

Thanks. Great to know that you also have blue colour Amaze. I remember coming across few pictures of TBHP stickers on the ORVM and hence did the same for my car. It is likely that I would have checked pictures of your car.

I agree with you on the seat design. While it will free up some cabin space, it can be annoying especially when I am driving with 5 passengers on board.

Regarding the gear, I have realized it recently about pressing the clutch lever all the way down. Though it improves the slotting to some extent, the issue is not completely resolved. Maybe I will ask the service center to check this on priority during the 3rd service @ 6 months.
Old 19th March 2014, 12:20   #19
BHPian

Nice post and pictures, and you have summed up the salient points quite well. Congrats from one Amaze owner to another!

For the gear slotting problem, I had brought it up in my 1st service and I can say it is much better now. Earlier I could feel some friction moving from 3rd to 2nd but it is quite smooth now, though not 100%. I was told they adjusted the clutch a bit to fix it.
tiger_stripes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 15:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
Nice post and pictures, and you have summed up the salient points quite well. Congrats from one Amaze owner to another!

For the gear slotting problem, I had brought it up in my 1st service and I can say it is much better now. Earlier I could feel some friction moving from 3rd to 2nd but it is quite smooth now, though not 100%. I was told they adjusted the clutch a bit to fix it.
Thanks. I did bring this issue during my 2nd service and the SE told me that they have lubricated the clutch. It was little better for few days, but the issue started again.

I am going to ask SE to take this up on priority during 3rd service (@10,000 kms), which is due in about 3 weeks.
Old 13th April 2014, 17:29   #21

Congratulations on the new buy. This has been the table turner for Honda in the recent times. Got my hand on a friend's amaze, and I was really surprised by the interior space and the FE figures. Those did amaze me.

A little efficient driving with Honda engineering, that's all it took to break the ARAI figures of 25.8 kmpl and achieving an outstanding 26.9 kmpl.

On the contrary, there is still work to be done on the cabin noise insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blue Beauty – Honda Amaze SMT i-DTEC @ 7000 kms-fuel_economy.jpg  

Old 14th October 2014, 19:55   #22
BHPian

Hey Folks,

It's been some time since I had updated my own thread and thought I would give update on a very important milestone I have reached with my car - completion of 1 year of ownership (completed 16,500 kms)!!

I gave my car for 1-year service on 10th Oct and here is the summary of issues and charges:

1. Very first issue I raised was the positioning of the air-intake hose. This issue is being discussed in detail in this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rolocking.html As expected, there was no acknowledgement from the service advisor. I asked him to check the positioning of the hose anyway. When I went to take delivery, he said it was checked and found it to be at the right place
2. Low mileage - I was getting around 16-17 within city (intermittent A/C)
3. The gear shifting was still hard - I continue to have slotting issue with 2nd and 3rd gears

Here are the charges:

1. Engine Oil - 2220
2. Oil filter change - 393
3. Battery check - 135
4. Service charge - 1522
5. Other consumables and top ups - 950
6. A/C Neutralizer - 843
7. A/C Blower cleaning - 85
8. Wheel Alignment/Balancing - 950

Total --------> Approx. 7,000

I am not at all happy with the service quality due to following reasons:
1. The service advisor did not tell me what he will be doing as part of this major service
2. He was clueless about the air intake hose issue
3. When I went to take car for delivery, no one explained what was done and what was not done
4. Overall I felt there was no regard for the customer!!

On a side note - I owned a Tata before this and honestly felt their service quality to be much better than Honda. At least they were very meticulous in explaining the procedures and showed interest in fixing issues.

That's it for now. I'll try to keep this thread updated with the progress on the performance of my car. Thanks for dropping by.
AmazeGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 20:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazeGuru View Post
Hey Folks,

Here are the charges:

1. Engine Oil - 2220
2. Oil filter change - 393
3. Battery check - 135
4. Service charge - 1522
5. Other consumables and top ups - 950
6. A/C Neutralizer - 843
7. A/C Blower cleaning - 85
8. Wheel Alignment/Balancing - 950

Total --------> Approx. 7,000

I am actually quite surprised seen you service charges, they seems to be very high. Even I remove Ac Neutralizer 843, still INR 6k is a lot. Honda when launched Amaze, was highlighting the servicing cost to extremely low when compared to Dzire. But its doesn't seems like.

Even the mileage 16-17 km/l is on the lower side.

BR

Amit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks