Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2014, 09:41   #136
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Well Raghu, I own a 3rd gen Honda City Ivtec which was born with a low ground clearance issue. I did not go in for spacers as it harms the suspension and overall ride of the car. If you are looking for showroom people then be ready for another disappointment since they will not help at all.

I am giving you a desi and a non-expensive way to improve your car's height and reduce the scrapping issue; Get the front mud-flaps cut by 2-3 inches and for sure you will see the difference because they are the ones which rub against the speed bumps. In my car after doing this 8 out 10 times it does not hit the speed breakers. I even told this suggestion to the Ace Honda people and they were surprised about it but agreed that this is one good way to address the issue.

As for the expense in this process, it costed me only Rs. 20/-. You may do it as DIY as well. All you need is a proper "Aari Blade" which can be bought from any hardware shop for about 20-30 rupees.

Here is a pic of my car. Hope it helps.

Attachment 1257012

Thanks.

PS: On higher bumps do try to angle your car slightly diagonal. It also helps.
Thanks a ton mate... This might also be the root cause of the issue... Lemme check them to see if they are the ones causing the noise of rubbing on road humps...
raghu_gg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:03   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am surprised that you are reporting this on the 2014 Verna
I thought the issue was already solved with the 2014 variant.

Chitta Pradhan installed the Spacers/Assisters and has been very happy with it. He also checked that ABS etc works well despite the changes/modifications made. You can read more about it here: URL

I own Sx(o) variant of 2014. Even i'm very much surprised with this comment. I have been driving this car to office and residence around 60kms every day. Had done highway driving to coorg last week. No scraping at all. Had been to my estate house where roads do not exist and came out without any issues.

I had driven 2013 model and 2014 model back to back before making a purchase decision. please get the suspension setup checked once again.
Old 29th July 2014, 21:38   #138
Senior - BHPian

So I finally visited my ASC today and asked them to do my free third service where My Verna has done just 6000 km has been left unused for nearly 2 years.

I was interested in getting the new 2014 projector head lamps but the ASC agent quoted me 46,000 rs per head lamp . How do I find out if my ASC is quoting me right company prices or trying to rip me off ?

I also asked him about replacing the suspension coils under warranty to the new ones as dealers in bangalore are replacing for their customers and he told me that he will replace only if there is a problem like those loud noises from the suspension. Unfortunately due to the low mileage on my car I haven't got any noises yet. Maybe the noises will come only after 20 or 30,000 km but by then I will be out of warranty.
Old 30th July 2014, 22:38   #139
Senior - BHPian

I posted this on another thread and did not get any reply.I'm seeing condensation inside my front headlights while washing or during early mornings. I don't think this is normal , should I ask my ASC to replace these headlights under warranty ?

You can see pic below for reference.
Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-photo.jpg

Update: they tried to tight the screws on the headlamp unit but condensation is still there. I'm a little worried because I have replaced the defaults with 90 watt bulbs with relays , so I'm not sure if they will say warranty is voided ,but I remember doing this mod at my ASC itself.
Old 4th August 2014, 14:13   #140
BHPian

One suggestion for non-warranty owners: just arrange for the coil springs from a nearby city or friend where it is available and get a good neighborhood garage to fit it for you. It's a half an hour to one hour job and not at all complicated as to think that only asc people can do it. Also, the springs can fit only in the designated way so there's no chance of a goof up. It's a clean job. And, the labour charges will be lower than asc too. The asc will charge you labour of course. The point being, that no more need to running around the asc people all your life. As for people in warranty, keep up the struggle.
Old 4th August 2014, 21:12   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I posted this on another thread and did not get any reply.I'm seeing condensation inside my front headlights while washing or during early mornings. I don't think this is normal , should I ask my ASC to replace these headlights under warranty ?

Attachment 1268344

Update: they tried to tight the screws on the headlamp unit but condensation is still there. I'm a little worried because I have replaced the defaults with 90 watt bulbs with relays , so I'm not sure if they will say warranty is voided ,but I remember doing this mod at my ASC itself.
This condensation is normal as per the manual. I see this in my verna as well after running headlights and AC as well for some time. but settles down soon. The condensation is resricted only to the front indicators and does not settle on the headlamps.
Old 5th August 2014, 02:16   #142
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1268344

If the condensation occurs inside of the light, which is most probable, then there is moisture in your indicator compartment which may have somehow entered during the process of changing the bulb which svc might have done sometime as routine maintenance. The logical remedy appears to be to remove the entire headlight assembly, take out the bulb, dry out in the sun or hot air dryer(carefully), re-fit the assembly and carefully re-fit bulb making sure it's a snug fit. Done. By the way, this situation doesn't seem to be of a very grave type... If you can live with it, that is....
Old 5th August 2014, 08:51   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm seeing condensation inside my front headlights while washing or during early mornings. I don't think this is normal , should I ask my ASC to replace these headlights under warranty ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post

This condensation is normal as per the manual.
My brother owns a 2013 I-gen I20, which had the exact same issue.

The only difference here was that after every wash, there was lot of condensation seen in the headlight & Foglamp/DRL assembly.

All this in a car that was 3 months old!!

In any case, since the car was under warranty, Advaith replaced the Headlight & Foglamp/DRL assembly without any charges.

It has been a year now and he has not had any sort of condensation yet.

Hope this helps folks.
Old 5th August 2014, 14:59   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_gg View Post
I purchased a new 2014 variant Wine red verna, And I feel dejected about when the car rubs on crappy pot holes and road humps of Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I am surprised that you are reporting this on the 2014 Verna
I thought the issue was already solved with the 2014 variant.
I just took possession of my 2014 Verna on 25th July after waiting for over two months for registration in Hyderabad.
Having driven a CIVIC until now, I never scraped on any of those steep-huge speed breakers which were rubbing the CIVIC previously. I can really feel the stiffness in the suspension just as much in the All New Honda City which I had test-driven a couple of times.
I think if the problem is really serious then you must get it checked once for any abnormalities.
BTW, the ODO is just ticking over 650 KM. So, waiting to start penning down once it completes 1500 KM.
As of now, one thing which I find impractical and stupid is the the Auto-Closing (lack of) of the driver's window
else, everything is just perfect
rennfahrer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 22:58   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
My brother owns a 2013 I-gen I20, which had the exact same issue.

The only difference here was that after every wash, there was lot of condensation seen in the headlight & Foglamp/DRL assembly.

All this in a car that was 3 months old!!

In any case, since the car was under warranty, Advaith replaced the Headlight & Foglamp/DRL assembly without any charges.

It has been a year now and he has not had any sort of condensation yet.

Hope this helps folks.
Thanks. Will push my ASC to replace it under warranty , the car is with them currently and they will report back tomorrow on this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
This condensation is normal as per the manual. I see this in my verna as well after running headlights and AC as well for some time. but settles down soon. The condensation is resricted only to the front indicators and does not settle on the headlamps.
It's not normal my friend. I have owned several car's and this has never occurred on any of them. As per other fellow members here , they have had their units replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
One suggestion for non-warranty owners: just arrange for the coil springs from a nearby city or friend where it is available and get a good neighborhood garage to fit it for you. It's a half an hour to one hour job and not at all complicated as to think that only asc people can do it. Also, the springs can fit only in the designated way so there's no chance of a goof up. It's a clean job. And, the labour charges will be lower than asc too. The asc will charge you labour of course. The point being, that no more need to running around the asc people all your life. As for people in warranty, keep up the struggle.
Rightly said , all of us under warranty do really need to work hard to make Hyundai replace our suspensions although they know it's an issue and have rectified it in the 2014 cars.
Old 5th August 2014, 23:02   #146
Senior - BHPian

Also since my warranty is about to get over next month I'm wondering if I need to take the extended warranty too.

ASC quoted me 10,240 Rs for it and my car is just beginning to get driven with only 6,100 KM. Is it wise to take this warranty knowing that my suspension still hasn't been changed and I've read many forums where Verna has Transmission and Interior rattling problems as well. 10 grand is still a lot of money for being optimistic for problems to occer.
Old 7th August 2014, 01:22   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Also since my warranty is about to get over next month I'm wondering if I need to take the extended warranty too.

ASC quoted me 10,240 Rs for it

As we have read earlier, the springs are fitted FREE OF COST FOR CARS UNDER WARRANTY!! What are they asking 10 grand for???? :-0
Old 7th August 2014, 16:49   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
As we have read earlier, the springs are fitted FREE OF COST FOR CARS UNDER WARRANTY!! What are they asking 10 grand for???? :-0
The 10 grand is for taking the extra warranty for one more year.

ASC will not replace the coil springs unless they find problems with it like those loud noises from suspension experienced by our other members.

ASC also mentioned that if our VIN # match's with that in their TSB , they would replace , but he did not mention which VIN numbers.
Old 7th August 2014, 17:19   #149
BHPian

Ok. By the way, here's a good review I found on Hyundai's philosophy on the Verna. http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...3&type=Feature
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:00   #150
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1268344
I doubt if your ASC would replace the headlight assembly in warranty. Since to put the relays for the 90, they'd have to cut out the cover manually, the moisture has entered. This is considered as an unauthorised modification & Hyundai would probably deny the warranty for this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks