Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 12:29   #151
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk

Could you please let me know the top speed (on an average) after which the 2014 Verna starts getting nervous? Thanks!
Old 18th September 2014, 14:07   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
Could you please let me know the top speed (on an average) after which the 2014 Verna starts getting nervous? Thanks!
I could touch 140 kmph on the ORR in Hyderabad, but after that, I could not brave.
rennfahrer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 13:13   #153
BHPian

Same here.... max i've touched is around 140 kmph but didn't feel safe to be driving at that speed on NH 45.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennfahrer View Post
I could touch 140 kmph on the ORR in Hyderabad, but after that, I could not brave.
StudioAbraham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 10:07   #154
BHPian

Another question : could the 2014 owners please comment on how the Verna handles on hair pin bends (both when going up and down)? Can the bends be taken easily at 40-50 kmph? Thanks!
Old 1st March 2015, 20:50   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennfahrer View Post
@Rennfahrer - Even 140 in that car is a brave one. I drive an Accent CRDi and I don't have the same control driving Verna CRDi - Precise steering inputs is only a dream

Quote:
Another question : could the 2014 owners please comment on how the Verna handles on hair pin bends (both when going up and down)? Can the bends be taken easily at 40-50 kmph? Thanks!
@PearlJan - The biggest issue I have seen with any climb is keeping the engine on the boil, being a VGT. Tirupathi can be done in 3rd gear in my Accent but Verna forces you to down shift as the VGT takes time to spool up and by the time the spool up happens it is time to downshift

Wish this could be fixed by a twin turbo like what is available in the BMW's - One small which spools into another

But the joy of driving this doesn't exist especially for someone coming from Accent CRDi - It will be a while before I can think of upgrading to a sedan from Hyundai and it is definitely not the Verna
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 22:13   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post

Parts Replaced under warranty:

Four coil springs ( 2 at front and 2 at rear ) and the entire silencer unit ( as it had developed a crack again after the inital replacement )
Hey Amyth opening up a very old thread, but I did buy a used Fluidic Verna of 2012 vintage. I got the rear coils replaced under warranty but the SA told me that there is no such TSB for the front coils. Did you happen to get any TSB number info from your SA. If so, I could then use it to follow up more with my SA. Please do let me know if you have any info.

P.S. Cannot PM yet, so had to reply here.
Old 25th March 2015, 16:43   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Pearljam,

I drive a 2014 1.4L VTVT CX and recently did a Valparai trip. One way uphill Valparai has 40 hairpin bends.

Trust me, they were very easy to negotiate. The car handled like charm and I did cruise through at speeds greater than 50kmph. We were 3 adults and had some decent luggage at the boot.
ramprakashr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:48   #158
BHPian

Hello all, it's been quite some time since i posted stuff here.

Recently my fluidic verna completed 30,000 kms after 2.5 years and was due for its paid service.

I took the vehicle to the service station for an overall checkup and also asked the body shop SA to clean up the minor dents and scratches. There was complete paint peel off with a dent on the rear fender when one of the local city buses bumped into my car and scrapped the back edge.

Everything went well till they disclosed the price estimate for the Overall service and body shop work ( dent removal and paint )

I was OK with the quote that came out from the Body Shop SA. It sounded reasonable so i didn't even claim insurance and asked them to take it for work immediately.

Here are the things that they said will be done on my car as part of Service for 30 thousand kms.

1) Air Filter Replacement
2) Oil Filter Replacement and oil change
3) Diesel Filter Replacement
4) Engine Coolant Replacement
5) Brake Fluid Replacement
6) Shockers Greasing
7) Brake Greasing
8) Wiper Washer liquid Replacement
9) Engine decarbonizing and tuning (not sure if this is required at this stage)
10) Over all checkup

I asked them not to do wheel balancing, wheel alignment and wheel rotation as i had already got it done at 28 thousand kms at BridgeStone ( Tyre Professionals) with Roadforce and eye hawk laser alignment.

There are no major complaints so far. In fact nothing apart from body work.

The Service SA has quoted an estimate of 14k for this !!
Is this normal ? i used to pay less than half of this before and the maximum was 5.5k at my third free service at 20 thousand kms.
The maintenance cost has increased very steeply after the 3rd free service

Do each one of you with the fludic verna paying this much
for your non-free service ?

Also how do i verify that these things are really done ? is there a way ??

The only things that are really visible are the oil, air and diesel filter.
since they give the old ones back after its replacement

Will soon post an update of all the things once i get back the vehicle.

Looking for some truthful inputs.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 22nd July 2015 at 18:56.
Old 22nd July 2015, 19:30   #159
BHPian

My thoughts - 1. There is no absolute method to verify if all that they claim to do is actually done. 2. They take this as a chance of ripping off the customer. Again my opinion!!!
Old 23rd July 2015, 01:34   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
6) Shockers Greasing
7) Brake Greasing
8) Wiper Washer liquid Replacement
9) Engine decarbonizing and tuning (not sure if this is required at this stage)
10) Over all checkup...
I find no need for any of these. What's additional check up when the car is sent for a paid service? Plus, shocker & brake greasing? Item 9 is definitely not required & they must be charging a bomb.
Old 23rd July 2015, 10:16   #161
BHPian

Quote:
I asked them not to do wheel balancing, wheel alignment and wheel rotation as i had already got it done at 28 thousand kms at BridgeStone ( Tyre Professionals) with Roadforce and eye hawk laser alignment.
Good you informed them about the rotation. Else, this would've been an additional overhead as it doesn't reflect in the service history.

Quote:
Do each one of you with the fludic verna paying this much
for your non-free service ?
My father-in-law drives a prev-gen verna (petrol), and even that is very difficult to maintain as its servicing costs are too high as well.

Suggestion:
See if you could you try the app - "Hyundai Care" on Google Play Store.
It has an option called Service Calculator, where you could try getting an estimate of how the service cost would look like.
I believe they're all the same. But this way you can anticipate what's coming before going in for the service next time!

Hyundai is always a big hole on pockets! (Again, my opinion)
vishnu-man is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 14:41   #162
BHPian

Quote:
A Re-Birth:My Fluidic Verna rolls out fresh with new suspensions and improved stability:
Hi Amyth,
Read your review, great write up and thank you especially for sharing details of the suspension upgrade. I am planning to order the front as well as rear coil springs for my 2011 Verna 1.6 Diesel. The car is already 73K plus now hence no question of being under warranty.

The service centre guy says they haven't yet worked on a 2014 Verna nor have they opened any other Verna to get the suspensions upgraded. I gave your reference to ascertain him that this can be done . Just to confirm before ordering the springs, your Verna is a pre-2013 model?

I need to pay some advance since this is not a regular stock item and that they would be buying against my order, which I don't mind.

Regards,

Jay3sh
Old 9th November 2015, 16:55   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3sh View Post
Hi Amyth,

The service centre guy says they haven't yet worked on a 2014 Verna nor have they opened any other Verna to get the suspensions upgraded. I gave your reference to ascertain him that this can be done . Just to confirm before ordering the springs, your Verna is a pre-2013 model?

I need to pay some advance since this is not a regular stock item and that they would be buying against my order, which I don't mind.

Regards,

Jay3sh
Yes you are right it is a pre 2013 model...

Most Viewed