Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2014, 14:11   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk

An update on my quest to get the coil springs changed under warranty.

After my email to Hyundai service team, the local dealer called me and as expected they were still totally unaware about the TSB or what I was talking about.
After some explaining, the lady told me that she will call me back. She called back and asked me to bring in my car and said they will check it.

I said, i am not going to bring my car for any checking, because i know i will be told that all is well. Then she said, send her the link for the TSB. I was shocked, i told her, how is the customer supposed to have access to a TSB? She said, ok send me the tbhp link, which i did( this thread's link).

She called the next day stating, Saar, on that link anyone is free to post anything, give me a hyundai link. I was pissed off by this time and told her i dont have any more link.
I then shot off another email to Hyundai, the lady for the dealer again called back after a couple of days and said , Saar please bring the car.

I have no option but to go there some day and try to explain them again and also maybe speak with the service manager.

So, thats where I am right now. Please advise if you have any suggestions on what I should say when I go there.
Old 10th April 2014, 20:52   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
There is nothing wrong in even asking/quoting 12 as long as some one is willing to pay
and if the buyer agrees, buy 2 two hatch backs, i20 and MS A-Star
Apprehension came true. I had originally quoted 8.5 L & the buyer offer 8.0 L. I had told him that I can not come down on my quoted price. Two days of silence thereafter, and today evening the buyer again called & agreed for my original quote of 8.5 L. Really confused, what to do now.

How much of a degrade/ upgrade Ecosport TDCI will be. Will try taking a TD tomorrow. Had a short TD earlier. The interior quality was inferior to Verna. Advantage with ES is high seating good dynamics, GC and features. If I do not like the ES, I will take TDs of Polo 1.6 TDI, Swift DDIS and VTVT, i-20 CRDI, Micra/Pulse diesel. Lets see how things are turning up.

Any other options, considering my requirements of power, refinement & good ride. Micra/Pulse are less powerful, but have almost zero turbolag & excellent city driveability, kind of make up for the lesser top end power.

Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 21:44   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Please advise if you have any suggestions on what I should say when I go there.

I did change my front springs, but it was an ordeal.

I spent the first 2 hours proving them the existence of such a TSB even after quoting the TSB number and date. The Service center did not have that TSB and they initially said the TSB I quoted never existed. After using some stern language, they were able to get it from head office.

The TSB did not have a VIN range, it just had a VIN number and a date without mentioning which cars were impacted (the ones manufactured before or after the VIN specified in the TSB). I had to spend the next 1 hour arguing that my car is impacted because it is having a VIN lesser than the VIN in the TSB.

Later, I had to 'prove' the thud problem (when going over speed breakers at low speeds) to the Service Manager in a test drive and even then he would argue that it is not a problem and it is the same way with all other Vernas.

Apparently, Hyundai had given them a direction that even if a car's VIN is covered by a TSB, the part can be replaced only if the customer reports and proves the problem, so it is not like a recall where Hyundai voluntarily informs all the customers in the VIN range and replaces the part for free.

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 10th April 2014 at 22:04.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 23:34   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post

I spent the first 2 hours proving them the existence of such a TSB even after quoting the TSB number and date. The Service center did not have that TSB and they initially said the TSB I quoted never existed. After using some stern language, they were able to get it from head office.

The TSB did not have a VIN range, it just had a VIN number and a date without mentioning which cars were impacted (the ones manufactured before or after the VIN specified in the TSB). I had to spend the next 1 hour arguing that my car is impacted because it is having a VIN lesser than the VIN in the TSB.

Later, I had to 'prove' the thud problem (when going over speed breakers at low speeds) to the Service Manager in a test drive and even then he would argue that it is not a problem and it is the same way with all other Vernas.

Apparently, Hyundai had given them a direction that even if a car's VIN is covered by a TSB, the part can be replaced only if the customer reports and proves the problem, so it is not like a recall where Hyundai voluntarily informs all the customers in the VIN range and replaces the part for free.
Thanks, I.guess I an going to have to spend some time too. Can you pls share the tsb details(number, release date etc?), would be very helpful.
Old 11th April 2014, 00:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I.guess I an going to have to spend some time too. Can you pls share the tsb details(number, release date etc?), would be very helpful.
Please check my reply on the main thread linked below:

Quote:
I am moving my response to the main Verna thread as it is relevant to all.
Old 11th April 2014, 13:03   #81
BHPian

Quote:

I neither knew this nor proved anything and didn't have to go through all the circus.I had a broken silencer which was more than a proof and they voluntarily told me about the TSB and replaced the springs under warranty.
Old 11th April 2014, 13:11   #82
BHPian

Quote:
An update on my quest to get the coil springs changed under warranty.

After my email to Hyundai service team, the local dealer called me and as expected they were still totally unaware about the TSB or what I was talking about.
After some explaining, the lady told me that she will call me back. She called back and asked me to bring in my car and said they will check it.

I said, i am not going to bring my car for any checking, because i know i will be told that all is well. Then she said, send her the link for the TSB. I was shocked, i told her, how is the customer supposed to have access to a TSB? She said, ok send me the tbhp link, which i did( this thread's link).

She called the next day stating, Saar, on that link anyone is free to post anything, give me a hyundai link. I was pissed off by this time and told her i dont have any more link.
I then shot off another email to Hyundai, the lady for the dealer again called back after a couple of days and said , Saar please bring the car.

I have no option but to go there some day and try to explain them again and also maybe speak with the service manager.

So, thats where I am right now. Please advise if you have any suggestions on what I should say when I go there.
Thats outrageous !!

I dont know what to suggest, Anyway will call up my SA over weekend and check with him if he can share those details and let you know. In the mean time you can take actions as suggested by Voyager-1
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 13:17   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Thats outrageous !!

I dont know what to suggest, Anyway will call up my SA over weekend and check with him if he can share those details and let you know. In the mean time you can take actions as suggested by Voyager-1
Ya.. I am fed up with the way Hyundai is dealing with this so called psuedo recall.
But I am going to fight my way through it..
Any details from your SA will be appreciated.
Old 12th April 2014, 07:26   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Apprehension came true. I had originally quoted 8.5 L & the buyer offer 8.0 L. I had told him that I can not come down on my quoted price. Two days of silence thereafter, and today evening the buyer again called & agreed for my original quote of 8.5 L. Really confused, what to do now.

How much of a degrade/ upgrade Ecosport TDCI will be. Will try taking a TD tomorrow. Had a short TD earlier. The interior quality was inferior to Verna. Advantage with ES is high seating good dynamics, GC and features. If I do not like the ES, I will take TDs of Polo 1.6 TDI, Swift DDIS and VTVT, i-20 CRDI, Micra/Pulse diesel. Lets see how things are turning up.

Any other options, considering my requirements of power, refinement & good ride. Micra/Pulse are less powerful, but have almost zero turbolag & excellent city driveability, kind of make up for the lesser top end power.
Thanks
Looks like you are back to square one!

Have you checked the wait times on the EcoSport? The last I heard it was close to 10 months.

Here are some points to consider for EcoSport:

1. I don't think your prospective buyer will wait that long (10 months) and I am not sure if you can sell your car and wait for the EcoSport for that long.
2. Ford has been known to increase prices on it frequently - so you cannot predict what price you would need to pay for the EcoSport at the end of the wait period.
3. Low Speed ride is supposed to be bone jarring and it appears to run out of breath on highways. (Reference: URL)

Quote:
Ya.. I am fed up with the way Hyundai is dealing with this so called psuedo recall.
At any Service Center, I think you will need build up a rapport with the Service Advisor - then things flow smoothly and especially Hyundai are known for this. One update on this, my Uncle recently got the Spring updates done on his Hyundai Verna during a regular paid service and it was done free of cost for him as well as he had a good relationship with the Service Advisor. However, he somehow felt the ride quality has become too hard and had mixed feelings about the spring replacement.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 12th April 2014 at 07:31.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 17:49   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
At any Service Center, I think you will need build up a rapport with the Service Advisor - then things flow smoothly and especially Hyundai are known for this. One update on this, my Uncle recently got the Spring updates done on his Hyundai Verna during a regular paid service and it was done free of cost for him as well as he had a good relationship with the Service Advisor. However, he somehow felt the ride quality has become too hard and had mixed feelings about the spring replacement.
Totally agree and I can say that I have a good rapport with the SA since all my cars go there. I spoke with him personally, but surprisingly, he was also not aware of any such replacements happening.
Actually, from whatever i have seen on the forum, I cannot find a single reported case of such replacement done in Delhi-NCR.

By the way, I sent all the info provided by Voager-1 to Dealer again, fingers crossed.

Regarding the ride becoming hard, having driven swift as my previous car, I am kind of looking forward to it. The current setup is too soft to my liking.
Old 14th April 2014, 08:23   #86
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to my SA and here is what he said.
The TSB is not publicised and only the Service Authorities have them.
He told me that they have been given clear directions from Hyundai to replace them if the customer asks for it and the car is under warranty period.
"ASK and you shall receive" is the policy they are following and there is no need to prove it to them as this is a universally known problem. He is also not sure as to why other service centres are not doing it. However he asked me to direct all whom i know having fludic verna to their service centre and they would freely do it without asking any questions. I understand its not a feasible idea for you to get your car to Bangalore and get them replaced but this is what he has offered.
Old 14th April 2014, 09:02   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I spoke to my SA and here is what he said.
The TSB is not publicised and only the Service Authorities have them.
He told me that they have been given clear directions from Hyundai to replace them if the customer asks for it and the car is under warranty period.
"ASK and you shall receive" is the policy they are following and there is no need to prove it to them as this is a universally known problem. He is also not sure as to why other service centres are not doing it. However he asked me to direct all whom i know having fludic verna to their service centre and they would freely do it without asking any questions. I understand its not a feasible idea for you to get your car to Bangalore and get them replaced but this is what he has offered.
Appreciate you checking this and coming back with feedback.

Here is the current status. The local Hyundai dealer picked my car yesterday to inspect( I could not personally go because of other commitments). In the afternoon I got a call from the SA, he said they have tested and found there was thud noise from the rear suspension and they have replaced some pads which has resolved this.

I asked him, What about the coil springs? He said, they have tested and it is all OK. At this, I told him to check with his senior and I am supposed to get all springs changed.
Now, after 5 odd minutes the supervisor called and he again said, they would have replaced the springs if there was any issue, but as of now, there is none. He also said the verna suspension is soft and it will remain so and is a known issue. When i said people have got upgraded springs and this issue is resolved, he said your car does not have any issue so we cant change he springs.

At this, I told him to give me in writing about the known issue and also told him that the loud thud comes from the front suspensiong, how come you didnt pick it? He said, ok I will check again.

He called after 15 minutes and requested that I leave my car overnight because to change the springs, they will have to take Hyundai approval which can only happen on Monday.

So, thats where I am right now. I really believe that Hyundai is carrying out these replacements only for those customers who are adamant.

More on this later once I hear from them.
Old 14th April 2014, 09:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Appreciate you checking this and coming back with feedback.

Here is the current status. The local Hyundai dealer picked my car yesterday to inspect( I could not personally go because of other commitments). In the afternoon I got a call from the SA, he said they have tested and found there was thud noise from the rear suspension and they have replaced some pads which has resolved this.

I asked him, What about the coil springs? He said, they have tested and it is all OK. At this, I told him to check with his senior and I am supposed to get all springs changed.
Now, after 5 odd minutes the supervisor called and he again said, they would have replaced the springs if there was any issue, but as of now, there is none. He also said the verna suspension is soft and it will remain so and is a known issue. When i said people have got upgraded springs and this issue is resolved, he said your car does not have any issue so we cant change he springs.

At this, I told him to give me in writing about the known issue and also told him that the loud thud comes from the front suspensiong, how come you didnt pick it? He said, ok I will check again.

He called after 15 minutes and requested that I leave my car overnight because to change the springs, they will have to take Hyundai approval which can only happen on Monday.

So, thats where I am right now. I really believe that Hyundai is carrying out these replacements only for those customers who are adamant.

More on this later once I hear from them.
Looking at the way they are dealing with you, I suggest you take your vehicle to some other dealer's Service Station and check with them. Is that the only available Service center in Delhi ? I am sure when Hyundai takes a step like this it wouldn't be any region specific. If the whole of Delhi does not have a clue about this, then its understandable as to why your SA is behaving annoyingly. At least you can save yourself from all the pathetic ordeals.

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 14th April 2014 at 09:51.
Old 14th April 2014, 12:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking at the way they are dealing with you, I suggest you take your vehicle to some other dealer's Service Station and check with them. Is that the only available Service center in Delhi ? I am sure when Hyundai takes a step like this it wouldn't be any region specific. If the whole of Delhi does not have a clue about this, then its understandable as to why your SA is behaving annoyingly. At least you can save yourself from all the pathetic ordeals.
I agree with the recommendation from Amyth . Getting a second opinion from another Dealer in Delhi should help. Also, many times another dealer will be more than happy to oblige to win over another customer from a Service standpoint. Hyundai seems to have a huge dealer network in Delhi - do leverage the same: URL
Old 14th April 2014, 15:22   #90
BHPian

What a fantastic thread for Verna owners and prospects
You should showcase it to Hyundai and ask for royalty as your crisp description and mind blowing photos really helps give the exact picture and in-turn does marketing so well. I booked my Verna Diesel SX yesterday when I actually went to book i20 Asta. You lightened my pocket by few lacs but my heart is elated.

I drove the 2014 Verna couple of times and found the suspension good, it drove on bad roads well and almost all speed breakers were crossed without a doubt but still I could see bottom scrapping out on few speed breakers which were steep, with 3 people seated & not completely slowed down. Should that be expected ? Was it even worse before ?
Any tips and suggestions would be highly appreciated before I take my delivery in next 10 days.
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks