Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2014, 11:02   #106
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Amyth, can you post the last 6 digits of your car's VIN, and the date of manufacture? My car's # is 115639, and is a Feb 2013 manufactured car.

Is it possible for you to take a sneak of the TSB (a photo, TSB # and date, anything) when you visit them next? The only TSB I saw in the service centers here is the one you had posted here.

I'm asking these because the newer springs are apparently installed from factory for VINs that read 111111 and higher - at least that is as much as I have been able to extract from the Hyundai folks here.

I'm actually toying with something like this - let's see. Will wait to hear from you before I put my money in some mod or other to fix the boat

Edit: Someone was asking for the part numbers of the springs -
Front: 54630-1V251
Rear: 55330-1V150

I was also verbally told that the old and the new parts may not have different part numbers.
My car's manufacturing date is FEB 2012 and the last six digits of VIN number is well below what you have mentioned. (111111).
And as far as i know, they have nothing to do with the VIN. If what you were told was true, then they wouldn't have done it for my car.
All they check is,whether your car is under warranty or not and your complaint to them. I don't know about other service centers and how they work. But it's happening here in Bangalore.

I have tried to get a picture of that TSB several times and failed. and I don't want to give you any false hopes and promises. No matter how many times I go there, never will they show me. I really don't have access to that TSB and extremely sorry about that.

Its better to take an opinion from someone having experience with torsion and stabilizer bars before you go ahead and make those mods and fixes.
Old 24th April 2014, 11:42   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The current SX(O) comes with just 2 airbags, the same as SX. The only differences are leather seats, push button start and projector headlamps. Apparently Hyundai feels that projectors are more important than airbags
Guess the 6 airbags are available again, I remember reading it somewhere that it had been discontinued for a brief period. Check the screenshot from the current Verna Brochure.
http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...7448989874.pdf

Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-capture.png
Old 24th April 2014, 23:42   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
But it's happening here in Bangalore.
I'll try it here, let's see how it goes. If am not getting anywhere within a reasonable time, I don't mind driving there to get this sorted :(
Old 26th April 2014, 05:05   #109
BHPian

Quote:
And thanks for adding to my feature wish list for Hyundai Verna Fluidic.

1) Cruise Control
2) Paddle shifters
3) Scuff Plates

The car feels more complete with these additions.
From what I am aware you cant get paddle shifters to work on a manual transmission car. You need the automatic variant for that. Did you get the AT CRDi version ?
Old 26th April 2014, 07:59   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_jeenu View Post
From what I am aware you cant get paddle shifters to work on a manual transmission car. You need the automatic variant for that. Did you get the AT CRDi version ?
No.. mine is a manual transmission car.. These features are yet to make their way into verna. they are still in my wish list.
Old 26th April 2014, 08:12   #111
BHPian

Quote:
No.. mine is a manual transmission car.. These features are yet to make their way into verna. they are still in my wish list.
even I would love to get the paddle shifts but unfortunately those with Manual Transmission are out of luck

Btw I have the same color as yours. Sleek Silver and lots of scratches, thanks to the cleaning guy and the neighbours but the color hides them well when viewed from a distance. Plan to meet revved_up today at the service center and see if we can get something done about the suspension/coil springs
Old 29th April 2014, 15:01   #112
BHPian

I found a nice online app to decode the alpha-numeric VIN of Hyundai cars. Below is the link. and the results obtained from them respectively

http://vindecoder.eu/

Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-vin.jpg

and another one here

http://www.myvehicledetails.com/

Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-vin2.jpg

But however i am not able to retrieve the manufacturing month with the VIN number. The team-bhp article found here http://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find-...anufacture-vin says that the Hyundai cars have 19 Characters VIN but I am seeing only 17 of them on the sticker. Any Help to find the last two characters will be appreciated.

Below is the VIN-Scheme of Hyundai cars.

Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-vinscheme.jpg

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 29th April 2014 at 15:09.
Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 00:48   #113
BHPian

Quote:
But however i am not able to retrieve the manufacturing month with the VIN number.
Amyth, refer this post to decode the manufacturing month.
Voyager-1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 09:19   #114
BHPian

Got an Amazing mileage of 24 km/l

I was crusing on a highway with a constant speed of 65-75 km/h range and had no intentions to overtake anybody. This is something that i had never tried or done before.
The car was running with Eco-Mode on. Adding to this was my manual Eco-Sedate driving style. The car had only two people, myself and a friend.
Normally i refill at indian oil pumps but this time refuelled at Reliance.
I am also not sure whether the density of the diesel made any difference to the extra mileage.

Result: i was astonished to see the mileage. Checked the mileage based on full tank method at the end of the drive. The car had never returned above 18 km/l. I don't understand the sudden change in behaviour.
One reason may be because of the speed. I had never driven in that range.
I normally floor the acceleration pedal. But even then it is still mysterious to see such a drastic change. Anyway i am very happy

Below is the snap shot of the same.

The instantaneous mileage was displaying 33 but the actual obtained was 24 km/l

Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-33-kmpl.jpg
Old 6th May 2014, 09:39   #115
BHPian

Quote:
One reason may be because of the speed.
You are right. The 1600-1800 RPM (corresponding to your stated speed) in 6th gear is the range where you would get maximum mileage.
Old 23rd May 2014, 23:43   #116
BHPian

Quick update about three suspension update on my Verna.

I have a VTVT (Petrol) Fluidic Verna manufactured in 2011.

I had got the rear suspension coils replaced under warranty after being inspired by Amyth's experience of getting the front & rear suspension coils replaced.

Although initially Hyundai replaced only the rear ones, I groaned & moaned enough that they replaced the front coils today.

It just might be placebo, but I felt that the ride was indeed much stiffer & composed over rough roads. I'll get to check out on a long drive over weekend. But for the moment, my biggest complaint about Verna is OVER!! It feels solo much better now!!

And remember kids, the squeaky wheel gets the most grease. If your Hyundai dealership isn't obliging, complain away.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2014, 12:03   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Result: i was astonished to see the mileage. Checked the mileage based on full tank method at the end of the drive. The car had never returned above 18 km/l. I don't understand the sudden change in behaviour.
One reason may be because of the speed. I had never driven in that range.
I normally floor the acceleration pedal. But even then it is still mysterious to see such a drastic change. Anyway i am very happy ...
When you changed to such a sedate drive, your braking also would have been minimal! So that also adds up to the mileage, along with fewer gear shifts. (Hard) Braking can bring down the mileage to quite some extent.
Old 26th May 2014, 09:23   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When you changed to such a sedate drive, your braking also would have been minimal! So that also adds up to the mileage, along with fewer gear shifts. (Hard) Braking can bring down the mileage to quite some extent.
The road was damn straight (NH-7 BLR-Hyd) and I hardly changed gears. I was driving it like an automatic. I also used engine braking to slow down near junctions and crossings. All these might have resulted in that.
Old 1st June 2014, 10:41   #119
BHPian

Quote:

I was crusing on a highway with a constant speed of 65-75 km/h range and had no intentions to overtake anybody. This is something that i had never tried or done before.
The car was running with Eco-Mode on. Adding to this was my manual Eco-Sedate driving style. The car had only two people, myself and a friend.
Hope the drive is with AC. Lower external temp & lesser wt. inside the car too might have contributed this kind of FE. But 65 kmph for 6th gear is too a speed. The best FE one can extract is at 70 kmph on top gear, 24 km/lt is easily achievable. You may try the same with fuel from your old pump & can see the difference. Under the same driving conditions, if you switch off the AC, FE will be close to 30 km/lit.

Cheers
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2014, 11:31   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hope the drive is with AC. Lower external temp & lesser wt. inside the car too might have contributed this kind of FE. But 65 kmph for 6th gear is too a speed. The best FE one can extract is at 70 kmph on top gear, 24 km/lt is easily achievable. You may try the same with fuel from your old pump & can see the difference. Under the same driving conditions, if you switch off the AC, FE will be close to 30 km/lit.

Cheers
In fact i was inspired by your post where you did some similar stuff.
yeah, the AC was on.. will try with AC off sometime..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks