Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 19:54   #61
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post

But the big question is how old the springs are which are in stock with SA. I had specifically asked this & SA the told that the springs are in stock for last 7/8 months. Guess that the manufacturing date is available on the pack. Is it that I should go for replacement only if the year of manufacture is 2014? In that case I do not mind waiting few more months to get 2014 springs. How then other Bhpians managed the stiffer springs in 2013 ?

Was 2014 mentioned over the pack as the year of manufacturing?
The TSB was released in 2013. Not sure exactly when. Obviously Hyundai would have dispatched the springs to all service centers post their notification. There is nothing there to be worried of. They cannot cheat you with old scrap springs because the post modification results can be easily felt.

No I did not check the manufacturing date. I was happy to see them in a sealed box and they opened it in front of me and showed them to me before replacing. All I know is that the new model uses these springs.
I am sure it will not be older than 8-9 months max and that should be fine.

Who knows even the newly released model might have springs manufactured in 2013. As long as it is new and stiff and replaced free of cost, I don't really care about when it was manufactured and so should you.
Old 26th March 2014, 20:06   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
I suggest you talk to the service center Manager regarding this. He/She should be able to guide you. you can get the details at help desk if necessary. if they still don't budge, you can escalate the issues to higher authorities.

Refer to the pic i posted earlier. Below is the link of the same.
Enlarge/zoom the pic to see the escalation matrix.
Check the Yellow Board beside the wall mounted TV.
You should be able to find them in any service center or showroom.

There are 4 levels of managers. Depending upon how they react and respond you can always go to the appropriate level for help.

They are "Rating conscious" and always consider negative customer feed back as high priority.
Thanks!! I have already written to Hyundai Service on the email address. I will also try to speak to the service manager tomorrow.

I really look forward to get this done under warranty, this would really turn the car into a complete car for me as far as i am concerned.
Old 26th March 2014, 20:50   #63
BHPian

Quote:
As long as it is new and stiff and replaced free of cost, I don't really care about when it was manufactured and so should you.
That's the precise problem for me dear Sir. It is not free. Approx cost to me is 5.5k. Thank you so much for your update.

Surely going for new springs. I may also change the rear springs first costing less ( 700/- a piece) & see what difference those make. If worth, then I can go for front springs replacement any time later.

Please keep the thread up-to-date, of course with your wonderful photography.Really enjoyed your review. Thanks once again.
Old 31st March 2014, 17:10   #64
BHPian

The new key chain arrives....

Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-key-chain.jpg

Amyth Prabhakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 10:46   #65
BHPian

FIRST GEAR:

I have driven several cars before. But Hyundai Verna Fluidic was my first love / first purchase.

Just sharing a helful link to all bhpians out there.

A nice comic book compiled by FORD motor company exclusively for the first time car buyers or who are one the verge of acquiring one.

Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-first-gear.jpg

Below is the link of the same in PDF format ( Approximately 10 MB in size,almost the size of car brouchers). Download and Enjoy.

https://www.ford.co.za/servlet/BlobS...lob&blobkey=id

A google search for the book also showed up the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...nk-inside.html

But the size of the e-book appears to be huge ( 143 MB ) and also says removed currenty from the downlaod link.
Old 7th April 2014, 11:05   #66

Hi Amyth, Hello Everyone,
Firtsly, I would like to thank you for the thorough review and updates which convinced me in opting for the car. I am waiting for the SX(O) in silver.
Since this seems to be the most updated review thread, I seek one clarification for now.
Does the Verna 2014 come with 6 airbags? The official website description still states that whereas the dealer says it doesn't. Whom to believe?

Many thanks!
Old 7th April 2014, 15:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennfahrer View Post
Hi Amyth, Hello Everyone,
Firtsly, I would like to thank you for the thorough review and updates which convinced me in opting for the car. I am waiting for the SX(O) in silver.
Since this seems to be the most updated review thread, I seek one clarification for now.
Does the Verna 2014 come with 6 airbags? The official website description still states that whereas the dealer says it doesn't. Whom to believe?

Many thanks!
Well, Congratulations for your decision.

Seeing is believing. If you still have doubts go and check them out in any new 2014 Verna. You should be able to see the AIRBAG embossing on the sides. Check the area near and above the seat belts. That should give you a clear picture of whether it is still retained or removed.

SX(O) is top end model and should come equipped with six air bags as per the latest 2014 specification sheet and price difference.

Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-airbags.jpg

Below is the link for e-brochures for all Hyundai cars. you can check them here.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shoppin...ure/index.html
Old 8th April 2014, 20:56   #68
BHPian

Getting an offer of Rs 8 lacs for my Sept-2011, CRDI-SX. Done 42 k. Tyre change due shortly. Is it a good price?

Is there any one who have driven both Fluidic CRDI 1.6 & newer i-20 1.4 CRDI ? If yes, please compare both in the areas of NVH, ride, handling, high speed manners, ACC performance, ease of reaching 140 kmph from 100 kmph & turbolag.

Reasons for my queries

- If 8.00 lacs is OK, I may settle for i-20 CRDI ASTA. ( of course, thoughts of upcoming 2014 i-20 are pulling me back, do not now when will it be launched)

- Recently drove a 2013 Sept model Asta i-20. Suspension felt better than mine.

- Had driven 5 geared i-20 CRDI just before my Verna purchase. Observations what I remember are : NVH wise- only marginally inferior to Verna, ACC was pathetic, adequate power as I could reach 160 kmph pretty quickly,Turbo was kicking in at 2100/2200 rpm, after that the car was flying, pulling power was way better than 1.3 Multijet, without turbo- pulling power was pathetic.

- In carwale.com, saw that 1.4 CRDI of i-20 is producing max torque of 219 nm at 1500 rpm. Has Hyundai tweaked the engine or VGT for better low end performance ? Verna's turbo is felt upward of 1500/1600 rpm only.

Cheers

Last edited by Chitta Pradhan : 8th April 2014 at 21:09. Reason: addition
Old 9th April 2014, 09:20   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Getting an offer of Rs 8 lacs for my Sept-2011, CRDI-SX. Done 42 k. Tyre change due shortly. Is it a good price?

Is there any one who have driven both Fluidic CRDI 1.6 & newer i-20 1.4 CRDI ? If yes, please compare both in the areas of NVH, ride, handling, high speed manners, ACC performance, ease of reaching 140 kmph from 100 kmph & turbolag.

Reasons for my queries

- If 8.00 lacs is OK, I may settle for i-20 CRDI ASTA. ( of course, thoughts of upcoming 2014 i-20 are pulling me back, do not now when will it be launched)

- Had driven 5 geared i-20 CRDI just before my Verna purchase. Observations what I remember are : NVH wise- only marginally inferior to Verna, ACC was pathetic, adequate power as I could reach 160 kmph pretty quickly,Turbo was kicking in at 2100/2200 rpm, after that the car was flying, pulling power was way better than 1.3 Multijet, without turbo- pulling power was pathetic.

- In carwale.com, saw that 1.4 CRDI of i-20 is producing max torque of 219 nm at 1500 rpm. Has Hyundai tweaked the engine or VGT for better low end performance ? Verna's turbo is felt upward of 1500/1600 rpm only.

Cheers
Price quoted seems to be on par with market quotes. Check the evaluation report from Carwale below:
Hyundai Verna Fluidic SX 1.6L Diesel: The Street Hawk-car_eval_report.jpg

But not sure why you are considering moving a segment down. With the suspension updates the Verna should be a good car to take forward.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 09:27   #70
BHPian

Quote:

That is a good price. If you are planning to upgrade the tires and then sell, you can probably expect a bit higher than what you have been offered now.
Get an evaluation done at the showroom and check what their offering is.
I guess you can straight away exchange it for an i20 at no extra cost depending on the condition of your Verna.

Quote:

Reasons for my queries

I have driven both of them. Handling is great, both in city as well as on highways. Hyundai offers good cars in all segments and i20 is one of them.
A premium hatch back loaded with plenty of features.

But when it comes to gear shift and over all feel,
the Verna has an edge here in terms of smoothness. But otherwise its almost on par with Verna with respect to all other parameters. i20 is Hatchback Verna and I don't think there are any changes/tweaks in the Verna 2014 engine.

I suggest you wait for the upgraded i20 to come out and buy that if you are really very keen on it.

Cheers
Old 9th April 2014, 21:04   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
But not sure why you are considering moving a segment down. With the suspension updates the Verna should be a good car to take forward.
i-20 ASTA CRDI has all the features of Verna & have some more. Feels superior in dynamics , is wider & taller than Verna. I think it is almost a booted version of Verna. It will be more so with the new upcoming i-20. As Grand i-10 has much better dynamics among the Hyundais, it is fare to expect the same in new i-20. Personally I like smaller cars for self driving for easy maneuverability in city, easier parking etc. , provided they are very similar to Verna. My primary requirements are power, refinement & good ride quality. IMO 1.4 CRDI of i-20 is little less than 1.6 CRDI, but still feels powerful enough, very close in refinement deptt & has better ride quality than Verna.

Thus thinking about the 8 L offer. Worried about things like- the current i-20 will soon become obsolete, whether ACC has improved or not.
Old 9th April 2014, 21:21   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i-20 ASTA CRDI has all the features of Verna & have some more. Feels superior in dynamics , is wider & taller than Verna. I think it is almost a booted version of Verna. It will be more so with the new upcoming i-20. As Grand i-10 has much better dynamics among the Hyundais, it is fare to expect the same in new i-20. Personally I like smaller cars for self driving for easy maneuverability in city, easier parking etc. , provided they are very similar to Verna. My primary requirements are power, refinement & good ride quality. IMO 1.4 CRDI of i-20 is little less than 1.6 CRDI, but still feels powerful enough, very close in refinement deptt & has better ride quality than Verna.

Thus thinking about the 8 L offer. Worried about things like- the current i-20 will soon become obsolete, whether ACC has improved or not.
Given that you have a fairly recent car (2.5 Years) its worth the wait for the Facelift if that is expected this year itself. When is the face-lifted i20 expected to be released? The article I found says end of the year: URL

I agree that its easy to maneuver a hatch in the city but once you get used to a sedan it does not really matter IMO...
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 00:10   #73
BHPian

Quote:
That is a good price. If you are planning to upgrade the tires and then sell, you can probably expect a bit higher than what you have been offered now.
If go ahead with the deal, then I am not going to change the tyres, leave alone upgrades boss.

Quote:
I have driven both of them. Handling is great, both in city as well as on highways. Hyundai offers good cars in all segments and i20 is one of them.
A premium hatch back loaded with plenty of features.

But when it comes to gear shift and over all feel,
the Verna has an edge here in terms of smoothness. But otherwise its almost on par with Verna with respect to all other parameters. i20 is Hatchback Verna and I don't think there are any changes/tweaks in the Verna 2014 engine.

I suggest you wait for the upgraded i20 to come out and buy that if you are really very keen on it.

Cheers
I too like the buttery smooth gear shift. Major grouse of Varna for me is soft suspensions. Handling, against many others have felt, is not a problem for me. I have driven Swifts & Figos who are better handlers, but Verna is no deal breaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Given that you have a fairly recent car (2.5 Years) its worth the wait for the Facelift if that is expected this year itself. When is the face-lifted i20 expected to be released? The article I found says end of the year: URL

I agree that its easy to maneuver a hatch in the city but once you get used to a sedan it does not really matter IMO...
Can n't agree more buddy. The car is really easy to drive & park in tight spots. I am spoilt by the rear parking camera & sensors. Now a days it is very difficult for me to drive cars with out parking camera & sensors. Also Verna's symmetrical & better plastics make the dash looks classier & better finished than the asymmetrical i-20 dash.

Since you have driven both, please tell me about the power of both, by which I mean with what ease, both cars reaches 140 kmph from 100 kmph. Verna does not take much time, but what about i-20. Big question- Has the ACC of i-20 improved & at par with Verana?

Should I ask for 8.5 L then. and if the buyer agrees then what to do......

Cheers
Old 10th April 2014, 11:34   #74
BHPian

Quote:

Since you have driven both, please tell me about the power of both, by which I mean with what ease, both cars reaches 140 kmph from 100 kmph. Verna does not take much time, but what about i-20. Big question- Has the ACC of i-20 improved & at par with Verana?

Cheers
I have driven the 1.4L diesel powered i20 and don't know about the petrol variants. The initial torque and power output of i20 lags a little behind verna obviously due to difference in engine capacities. I have done 140 kmph ++ both on Verna and i20 and on highways the i20 feels more stable and as you floor the pedal the differences goes on minimising and i never felt anything lacking in that hatch back car. I loved the handling dynamics of i20 and felt well built and balanced for higher speeds.
ACC ( Automatic Climate control) is decent enough and I had no problems with it. I don't understand your concern here. Also Verna uses its 1.4L engine in one of its variants.

I can confidently say that the power capabilities of i20 are unquestionably good and I have no second thoughts about it.

You can find more info at

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 10th April 2014 at 11:39.
Old 10th April 2014, 12:48   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
There is nothing wrong in even asking/quoting 12 as long as some one is willing to pay
and if the buyer agrees, buy 2 two hatch backs, i20 and MS A-Star

Last edited by Amyth Prabhakar : 10th April 2014 at 12:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks