Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 14:52   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 W6 - The Black Beast comes home Update

The noise from the front passenger wheel well is back and so is the vibration of either the instrument cluster panel or something around it. I will take her to the service center soon. I have also noticed one more problem, at times only one speaker is working and all others conk off and i have to turn the ignition off and on again to fix this issue. Am not able to reproduce it frequently as of now.

I also have installed HID bulbs in the projector. They work well i must say, i went for P8 4300K 55 W one and it cost me 10 K.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 15:01   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
The noise from the front passenger wheel well is back and so is the vibration of either the instrument cluster panel or something around it. I will take her to the service center soon.
Well, I tried to get it rectified in my vehicle during first service last weekend. However as luck would have it, during a long test drive with the technician I was not able to reproduce the same. They had checked the suspension before it and said it may be fixed due to greasing of suspension.

In my case also I feel sound is coming from behind instrument cluster, as if something has gone loose and shaking. It is audible only when I travel through rough road.
Old 26th August 2014, 15:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Well, I tried to get it rectified in my vehicle during first service last weekend. However as luck would have it, during a long test drive with the technician I was not able to reproduce the same. They had checked the suspension before it and said it may be fixed due to greasing of suspension.
In my case also I feel sound is coming from behind instrument cluster, as if something has gone loose and shaking. It is audible only when I travel through rough road.
Please pay attention to the suspension noise, because on my friend VindyWheels' car, they changed the entire left strut assembly to eliminate the kat kat noise coming from the left front wheel. It might be a case of a batch of problematic parts.

The vibrating noise from the cluster is most probably coming from the hood (the piece which sits over the dials) of the cluster. I also had the same issue and they tightened it during the first service. But by the look and feel of the particular piece, I'm sure that the noise will come back. Badly designed piece I must say; they should have integrated it into the cowling itself. For the time being, enjoy the "bad road sensor with aural warning"
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 12:17   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Please pay attention to the suspension noise, because on my friend VindyWheels' car, they changed the entire left strut assembly to eliminate the kat kat noise coming from the left front wheel. It might be a case of a batch of problematic parts.

The vibrating noise from the cluster is most probably coming from the hood (the piece which sits over the dials) of the cluster. I also had the same issue and they tightened it during the first service. But by the look and feel of the particular piece, I'm sure that the noise will come back. Badly designed piece I must say; they should have integrated it into the cowling itself. For the time being, enjoy the "bad road sensor with aural warning"

Guys, had taken the car to Sireesh auto marathalli last week. They fixed both the problems.

The kat kat noise from the left front wheel well was very stubborn and was meted with even more stubborn treatment. I was waiting to see how they fix it, while i was away drinking some water, the guy sneaked my car into the basement. I followed him a couple of minutes later, and to my horror i saw him hammering something away to glory in the wheel well. I asked him why was he so hard, he said some nut there was touching something else and that was the only way to fix it. The area is carpeted and i could not notice what was touching what. Anyways, i have made a note of it and will screw their happiness if they have damaged something else. For now, i thought Indian cars sometimes need the age old Indian ways.

The initial panel noise was from the hood of the speedo console and this was fixed earlier. The second time it was from the panel above the electric fuel tank button, they tried something and it didn't work and they asked me to bring it the next day since they need more time. The next day i went there i found my regular service guy Mr Shekar and he was surprised that someone told me it needed time, i left the car there in the morning and he had fixed it in a couple of hours. Mr Shekar is one of the better guys around, reach out to him if you have to go there with any problems.
Old 12th October 2014, 00:05   #35
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 W6 - The Black Beast comes home

Got P8 HID kit (4300K) installed on my XUV couple of months back on the low beam. The visibility has greatly increased and am happy with it. Costed me 10 K.

Did my first real long drive to goa (approx 1300 KMS). On my way back, it was raining cats on dogs and to my surprise, the car aquaplaned quite badly. Not sure if SUVs are more prone, my previous two cars handled it better.

Last edited by gurudutt : 12th October 2014 at 00:26.
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Though I stumbled upon this thread bit late, please accept my congratulations on getting yourself the black beast. I haven't come across such an unbiased review of a car that a person owns. I am in a similar situation as you were some ten months back. I am contemplating to upgrade from an Indica to the XUV and going through the initial ownership experiences on TBHP. Members like you who have opened their heart's out are proving to be of immense value to members like me, who are thinking to graduate to the XUV.

Quote:
Got P8 HID kit (4300K) installed on my XUV couple of months back on the low beam. The visibility has greatly increased and am happy with it. Costed me 10 K.
That is fantastic to know. Could you please share the pictures of the road illumination with the HIDs? Also is fitting the HIDs just a lift and shift affair or you need to do any wiring changes as well? What is the make of the HIDs?
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Though I stumbled upon this thread bit late, please accept my congratulations on getting yourself the black beast. I haven't come across such an unbiased review of a car that a person owns. I am in a similar situation as you were some ten months back. I am contemplating to upgrade from an Indica to the XUV and going through the initial ownership experiences on TBHP. Members like you who have opened their heart's out are proving to be of immense value to members like me, who are thinking to graduate to the XUV.

That is fantastic to know. Could you please share the pictures of the road illumination with the HIDs? Also is fitting the HIDs just a lift and shift affair or you need to do any wiring changes as well? What is the make of the HIDs?
Thanks AutoIndian, feels good being helpful . HID kit is from a company called P8. Wiring comes with the HID kit which is essentially plug and play and you don't have to cut any wires or drill holes. I will post the pic tonight.
Old 23rd October 2014, 17:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks AutoIndian, feels good being helpful . HID kit is from a company called P8. Wiring comes with the HID kit which is essentially plug and play and you don't have to cut any wires or drill holes. I will post the pic tonight.
Great Thank you buddy for responding to my query. Looking forward to the picture. Is this manufactured by Amritras ----> http://www.amritrasindia.com/hid/

Is yours bi-xenon, I mean high and low beam or only low beam? Can we fit both high and low beam in XUV's projector set-up? Just now checked on Amazon and P8 is available from Rs 8490/- with cash on delivery option. From where did you bought your set-up?

Many Diwali wishes to you and your family.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd October 2014 at 17:34.
Old 23rd October 2014, 21:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Great Thank you buddy for responding to my query. Looking forward to the picture. Is this manufactured by Amritras ----> http://www.amritrasindia.com/hid/

Is yours bi-xenon, I mean high and low beam or only low beam? Can we fit both high and low beam in XUV's projector set-up? Just now checked on Amazon and P8 is available from Rs 8490/- with cash on delivery option. From where did you bought your set-up?

Many Diwali wishes to you and your family.
Yes, you were stop on, its manufactured by Amritas. They are not bi-xenons since XUV has different housing for high and low beams. Am not finding the link now but when i was researching, i had read that HID bulbs work best only with a projector setup. It might be counterproductive in a reflector setup and more so in high beam, it will only blind drivers moving in the opposite direction with very little improvement in visibility for you. In fact, HID bulbs in high beams are banned in some countries. I got it done at a near by accessories shop. XUV's engine bay is quite cramped and you might have to struggle a bit changing it yourself. Go through the following thread for more details http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...rsion-kit.html. Also, the temperature or colour should be around 4300 K. If you go for a higher one i.e. 6000 K you would get more whitish/blueish light which might not be useful for Indian conditions and more so in rain. Please find the pics below. Happy diwali to you too.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 W6 - The Black Beast comes home-img_20141023_200046.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 W6 - The Black Beast comes home-img_20141023_200244.jpg  

Old 23rd October 2014, 22:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you were stop on, its manufactured by Amritas. They are not bi-xenons since XUV has different housing for high and low beams. Please find the pics below. Happy diwali to you too.
Hey Guru that was super quick. Thank you once again for sharing the detailed info and the illumination pictures. The light intensity seems to be quite uniform and focussed. I guess the stock projector set-up of the XUV is quite good. If ever I finalize on the XUV I will surely go for this kit and take further guidance from you.

Most Viewed