Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2014, 14:08   #76
BHPian

Re: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
- If you connect an iPhone via bluetooth, you can play songs as well from phone and can control the same from steering controls as well. The steering audio controls does not work when using Android to stream music via bluetooth. I'm not sure if this is Android limitation or HU limitation
I have not experienced such an issue with my Galaxy Note. I change songs through the phone or through steering mounted controls or directly on the Music System.

I tend to be choosy about my songs and hence end up selecting a song directly from my phone. But sometimes i do go to next track from the steering mounted control or the music system control.

Last edited by tejas08 : 4th June 2014 at 14:10. Reason: Grammar Correction
Old 4th June 2014, 14:46   #77
BHPian

Hi all, today evening I'm going to take delivery of my silver city SVT from sundaram Honda coimbatore. First I opted golden brown color but there is a waiting period of around 40 to 60 days for that particular color n their June allocation on that color was already booked by some one so opted for silver which was readily available n bargained hard so got reverse parking sensor as free accessory the cost of which was 4.2k. I have opted for sports pedal n it costed me around 3.5k. Eagerly waiting for the evening. Planning for tyre upgrade to micheline XM2 195/60/r15. Dealer don't have honda mats for the time being(costing 1.7k) so a bit confused about what to choose?. Verified the vin n it is a May manufactured car.
Went for a few alloy hunts n overwhelmed by lenso' n HRS designs which costs around 7k n 6.5k/wheel so time being I'm gonna give it a miss due to lack of vitamin M'.

Last edited by bhunu AMG : 4th June 2014 at 14:49.
Old 4th June 2014, 22:23   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
bargained hard so got reverse parking sensor as free accessory the cost of which was 4.2k. I have opted for sports pedal n it costed me around 3.5k.
Congratulations bhunu AMG, wishing you a great riding experience on your new acquisition.
I find you struck a good deal which I doubt if anybody else in this forum or elsewhere have done. Also the accessory prices you mentioned are far cheaper when compared to my place - lucky you!!

Please don't forget to upload some photos and a review.
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 01:38   #79
BHPian

Hi All, took delivery of my car n the delivery formalities were smooth. Signing the invoice etc took only few minutes n I was anxiously waiting to see my car.There were 4city delivery in today eve n 2of them were cvts n two were diesels. My car was the third one. I wasn't happy about the cleanliness n my SA called the service centre n suddenly two 3M uniformed staff came n started cleaning n polishing the car; still I will give only 8/10 for the job. They didn't have the honda cut mate (which was offered free) n assured to be given in a time span of 10days. I told them I will give only 8/10 for the delivery experience when the call from Honda comes. Then in minutes I'm seeing SM n assistant sm n they were trying to pamper me with all those typical PR methodes but I told them I just can't digest the fact that I'm taking a more than million rupees car with out even basic mats.
One surprise: my car came with Bridgestone n by few calls to dealers,I got the highest quote of 3.5k/tyre so decided to go there.
Straight from the showroom I drove to BABA temple n done pooja. Then went home n dropped son n wife.
I reached the tyre dealer within 1hour of my call. Checked the XM2 n it was april14 manufactured so again a bit of bargaining n he agreed for 5.6k/tyre for Michelin;he took my Bridgestone for 3.5k so changed all 5 tyres n paid 10500/-. Saw two sets of lenso alloys which were really good on my car but due to lack of vitamin M postponed to few months. Put a cheap mat for few days from the near by shop for 600rs .

Today itself I crossed the 100km mark by driving to mettupalayam n back with some 20km in city.cars MID is showing 15.8avg. Overall I'm satisfied.
Last but not the least after the drive I parked the city just back side of my linea n I opened both the boots.I was trying to shift some stuff from linea to city's boot; what a difference-heavy weight wrestler n a feather weight wrestler
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn-image1785524014.jpg  

Last edited by bhunu AMG : 5th June 2014 at 01:41.
bhunu AMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 08:57   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
Hi All, took delivery of my car n the delivery formalities were smooth.
Congratulations and wishing you many miles of happy driving. I'm sure you'll love the Automatic and the wider tyres.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 11:00   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Few updates on my White Unicorn

- The engine/car seems to have gotten really smooth now. Once you enter cruising mode, you hardly feel any noise coming from car.
Good to hear that. Smoothness is the beauty of this 1.5 mill That along with those Michelins are working wonders here!

Quote:
- The speakers are pathetic and the upgrade will probably come sooner than anticipated. I have bass at middle, treble all the way up and sound output on front speakers set to a bit higher than rear. With this, its just acceptable till I get upgrade. I would really want to know if speakers are better in V variant or its just the tweeters that is helping in producing a better sound output.
Yes, along with the additional 4 tweeters, the speakers as well are of a slightly superior quality and of a different make in the V & VX trims. (The power ratings though, being almost similar or exactly the same). This constitutes for the relatively better sound output in both the top variants.
I second your thought of upgrading to a good set of speakers or maybe to an SQ setup with the same HU. It would definitely make the listening experience a far enjoyable one.

Quote:
- At times, I feel a bit of pain on my right foot heel when driving and specially in city driving where I have to move between accelerator and brake (the foot movement is similar to that of wiper). I tried with different shoes to see if change in padding near heel would help but not much. When you're driving, there is pressure on lower part of heel. However, when I'm driving using crocs/chappal where the lower part of hell is open, I do not feel pain. I never felt this while driving i10.

This difference from the i10 might be due to the seating height difference between both the cars. I think you would feel the seating in the City to be a bit lower and not as upright as in the i10. This would then make the leg to be in a stretched position, creating more pressure on just one portion of the feet while driving. You can try adjusting the seat height and the travel to see if things become a bit better.

Quote:
Overall the SV CVT City is a pure fun to drive car. I just wish there would have been a 'V' variant of CVT which would have taken care of few issues reported above.
Well yes, there's always scope for improvement. Good to hear that you've been enjoying the car! Hearty congratulations A beautiful thread, this. Keep her shining always. Keep revving!
forester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 15:46   #82

Hello Bhanu
I am also planning to buy Honda City VMT from the same dealer. Already booked one. Would like to know from where did you get the Tyre replacement deals in Coimbatore and what all freebies should i negotiate with the dealer. Also what would be the best type of mats and since you are a localite from Coimbatore and I am not , can you guide me who is a reliable accessories dealer in Coimbatore to get other things like 3 M treatment , window shades and all the likes.
Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 12:39   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy308 View Post
Hello Bhanu I am also planning to buy Honda City VMT from the same dealer. Already booked one. Would like to know from where did you get the Tyre replacement deals in Coimbatore and what all freebies should i negotiate with the dealer. Also what would be the best type of mats and since you are a localite from Coimbatore and I am not , can you guide me who is a reliable accessories dealer in Coimbatore to get other things like 3 M treatment , window shades and all the likes. Thanks
Hi noddy, tyre dealer name is sundar tyres near nehru stadium. His dealership mainly deals in Yokohamas n it is advisable to give him a call before going there; I will PM you his number.
FYI he quoted 5k/tyre for A drive n5.2k for C drive.
My SA was vijaykumar n you can take my reference but after giving booking amount I doubt how much further freebies you can add?!?
Frankly I don't like my current mat n they are not professionals so I'm waiting for Hondas cut mats to arrive or I will put 3D or nomad mats.
For 3M treatment I'm also bit confused coz coimbatore don't have any 3M exclusive place as where as I'm informed.
If you do a hunt near nehru stadium you will get almost all accessories for your car.
Btw it's not bhanu but bhunu [ short form of bhuvanesh ]
bhunu AMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 13:00   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
Welcome blueinkbottle and congats on selecting the 2014 City.
How were the dealings of the staff of Perfect Honda? When is your car getting delivered? Is the new showroom fully ready now? Did you visit their workshop?
Hi Anil,

Sorry for the very late reply as I was continuously travelling.

I took delivery on the 11th of May. I found the staff at Perfect to be very courteous. I had just one day after booking to get the loan formalities done as I was again travelling and was returning only on 10th. Their sales consultant called Ratheesh was extremely efficient and arranged all necessary paperwork in a single day and got the loan approved from Canara Bank Technopark branch in a single day. They took care of all formalities when I was away and I got the vehicle as promised on 11th (Sunday). Their workshop looks well equipped and neat. Showroom seems complete with excellent ambiance. I believe they are an A category dealer and they look the part.
Old 8th June 2014, 14:18   #85
BANNED

Good morning BHPians, wish you all a happy Sunday from Monsoon hit Thiruvananthapuram.

I had taken delivery of my Tafeta White SV MT Ivtec from Perfect Honda at Thiruvananthapuram on the 11th of May. I have been travelling a lot on business since taking delivery and hence have done just 600 km so far.

There are a few concerns that I have about the car that I would like the combined wisdom at Tean-BHP to ponder over. The issues pertain maiolny to the body and one with mileage. I would like to start off with the body issues first.

1. Uneven alignment of RHS of front bumper with wheel arch.

2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn-front-bumper-wheel-arch-rhs.jpg

As seen from the above photograph titled FRONT BUMPER AND WHEEL ARCH RHS, the bumper is not aligned properly with the RHS wheel arch. The lowe portion of bumper sticks out from the body and the upper part flows n below the wheel arch.

2. Bonnet and wheel arch alignment

2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn-bonnet-wheel-arch-alignment-lhs.jpg

In the above picture titled BONNET - WHEEL ARCH ALIGNMENT LHS you can see that the pointed end of the wheel arch above the head lamps is not flush with the bonnet, but is sticking above the same. The alignment on RHS however is perfect.

3. Top of bonnet and the wheel arch top near the windshield are misaligned

2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn-bonnet-top-wheel-arch-rhs-view-front.jpg

2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn-bonnet-top-wheel-arch-rhs-view-rear.jpg

From the above two pictures, one can clearly see that the top of the bonnet near the windshield where it meets the top of the wheel arch is again mis aligned. The bonnet rides up above the wheel arch

4. Shaky ftment where RHS wheel arch meets running board

2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn-running-board-front-end-rhs.jpg

Refer to attached picture and the area circled in red is very shaky. Push it lightly with your foot and the piece willingly moves in.

These are a few concerns that I have noticed regarding the body in the few days that have actually spent time with the car. I raised these issues with Perfect Honda Service Head and questioned him on why these were not corrected during PDI. He said that Honda insists on no PDI ... just a car wash before delivery... ( is it true?!!! )

Now let me come to the mileage part.

My daily commute whenever I am in town is roughly 45 km of which 35 is on highway and the rest on not too busy roads. My MID shows a paltry 9.3 km/ltr even though I drive in the "green zone" almost all the time. (I used to get 13 in my petrol Uno in Bangalore, get 15 in my Alto in Chennai and 21 in my 1985 model Maruti in Thiruvananthapuram).

I will be extremely grateful to BHPians if you can advise me on the following

1. Do such body panel issues exist in your vehicles also?!!!
2. Is there a technical problem with my car giving me less mileage?!!! Or will it go up with first service?.

Thank all of you for reading through this post..

With warm regards,

Kesavan K
blueinkbottle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2014, 23:16   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinkbottle View Post
I will be extremely grateful to BHPians if you can advise me on the following

2. Is there a technical problem with my car giving me less mileage?!!! Or will it go up with first service?.

Kesavan K
Panel gaps are the highlights of the new city. I have in mine and so have I seen and heard from lots of other 2014 Honda city users. It varies from car to car. Honda's Quality has dropped to such lows that I think Honda is loosing it in its mad rush to get the cars shipped. They should learn from Hyundai in terms of putting a car together.
Doubt the service centers can do anything. You just end up living with it I think.
vista_qjd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 09:44   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
Panel gaps are the highlights of the new city. I have in mine and so have I seen and heard from lots of other 2014 Honda city users. It varies from car to car. Honda's Quality has dropped to such lows that I think Honda is loosing it in its mad rush to get the cars shipped. They should learn from Hyundai in terms of putting a car together.
Doubt the service centers can do anything. You just end up living with it I think.
Thank you so much..

I am planning to take this up with Honda directly. They used to be my customers and I knew a couple of senior chaps there.

What about the mileage part? Any insights to share?
Old 9th June 2014, 12:56   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anil,

Sorry for the very late reply as I was continuously travelling.
No probs, afterall work comes first.

Quote:
I took delivery on the 11th of May. I found the staff at Perfect to be very courteous. Their workshop looks well equipped and neat. Showroom seems complete with excellent ambiance. I believe they are an A category dealer and they look the part.
That's my impression too. They were very courteous and helpful. I visited them 2 days ago for enquiries on some accessories.

Quote:
There are a few concerns that I have about the car that I would like the combined wisdom at Tean-BHP to ponder over. The issues pertain maiolny to the body and one with mileage.

I have read in this forum as well as elsewhere that Honda's famous quality control has gone down the drain. Body imperfections abound by far. You may be well advised to learn to take it in the stride as there is nothing much that Honda is doing to make customers happy on this. Maybe I will be the next one to post similar comments here in the coming days.

Quote:
Thank you so much..

I am planning to take this up with Honda directly. They used to be my customers and I knew a couple of senior chaps there.
This is exactly what you should be doing. Best wishes to you.

BTW, I found Perfect Honda were selling 3D mats for the new City which appeared to be quite good.
Old 9th June 2014, 13:02   #89
Senior - BHPian

Nice review. Congrats for your new City Neel911.

The panel gaps are little disappointing because in the previous version there was hardly any complaint as such in terms of fit and finish.

The hurry to meet the demand, Honda?

Anyways enjoy the ride.
Old 12th June 2014, 20:00   #90
BHPian

Hi Neel!
Thanks for the wonderful review. I am planning to buy the City CVT as well and hence watching this thread closely.

I read somewhere that CVTs do not attain a very high top speed, so want to know if you were able to test the car to high speed? And if yes, till what speed did it comfortably reach?

Thanks.

Most Viewed