Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2014, 11:48   #91
BANNED

Re: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn

Hi BHPians,

I gave my City for first service on the 11th of June ( last Wednesday ) and here are a few points from that experience

1. Perfect Honda customer care team was very pro active in calling me up on the 7th and reminding me of service on the 11th.

2. They assigned a time slot for me to take the vehicle around. At the appointed time, my name was displayed on the appointment board and the service manager personally came around and took feedback on the vehicle.

3. In addition to the first service, I was also getting paint protection and under-body protection done.

4. They dropped me at my office in their demo City iDtec.. ( my office is a good 10 Km away and they gladly dropped me off at my office ).

5. As promised, vehicle was ready the same evening and as I was stuck at work, they dropped off the car at my office free of charge.

6. Charged me INR 50 for the free service and INR 7361 for the paint protection and under body covering including taxes.

7. I WAS SHOCKED TO LEARN THAT MY ALTERNATOR BELT HAD PARTIALLY WORN OUT AFTER JUST 850 KM ON THE ROAD. SINCE THEY DID NOT HAVE A SPARE, THEY HAVE ORDERED FOR ONE AND WILL REPLACE THE SAME UNDER WARRANTY WITHIN THE NEXT 10 DAYS. SHOCKED THAT A HONDA CITY CAN HAVE SUCH A DEFECT WITHIN 1000 KM.

8. Other than the above shocker, overall service experience was very professional and efficient.
Old 29th June 2014, 13:42   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Congratulations and wishing you many miles of happy driving. I'm sure you'll love the Automatic and the wider tyres.
I am planning to buy a Honda car with auto transmission and have a few silly questions.

I believe the gear stick in City automatic does not have a shift lock. In the US, most of the auto cars I have seen has a button on the stick which needs to be pressed to change the gear from D to R or any other. Can you or more so your co-passenger accidentally change the gear from D to R while driving?

Also, how difficult is it to drive auto on steep roads with bumper to bumper traffic? Since in manual transmission you can control the gears I believe it is easier.
Old 29th June 2014, 16:04   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post

I believe the gear stick in City automatic does not have a shift lock. In the US, most of the auto cars I have seen has a button on the stick which needs to be pressed to change the gear from D to R or any other. Can you or more so your co-passenger accidentally change the gear from D to R while driving?
Yes there is a button you need to press before moving the gear to any position where it then gets locked. You can only move the gear intentionally after depressing the button and not accidentally.
Old 29th June 2014, 18:24   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditto View Post
Yes there is a button you need to press before moving the gear to any position where it then gets locked. You can only move the gear intentionally after depressing the button and not accidentally.
Thank you... Is the shift lock button on the front side because in all the snaps which I have seen so far, there is no button visible on the sides or back.

Following are the gear sticks for new City and Brio respectively.
Attached Thumbnails
2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn-2014hondacitycvtreview.jpg  

2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn-hondabrio5speedautomatic.jpg  

Old 29th June 2014, 18:56   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you... Is the shift lock button on the front side because in all the snaps which I have seen so far, there is no button visible on the sides or back.

For the City yes I can confirm far the buttons on the front side I've sat in one.
aditto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 09:11   #96
BHPian

Quote:

Yes. It's on the front so don't worry about moving to the wrong gear by mistake.

Few shifts however where the press of the button/lever is not needed and which makes sense:
- R->N
- N->D
- D->N
- S->D

Also, when you are in 'P' mode, to change to any mode, you need to press the brakes and the button/lever on the gear to make the shift.
Old 30th June 2014, 10:00   #97
BHPian

Hi all, my car's odo reading reached 2.8k and I would like to give my experience so far; my average FE is 14 kmpl (with 50:50 city n Highway). CVT can cruise on in triple digit speeds in a relaxed manner.

Eco-mode doesn't give much boost of FE atleast in city (as per my calculation). Driven around 100 km in S' mode with an X1 and I would say SVT amazed me and even the X1 owner had a chat with me about the performance and he was quiet surprised the way City behaved on twists and turns.

The exhaust note was really sporty and I really enjoyed it.

Changed the horn to wind tones and it costed me 1700/- with fitting.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid using SMS-lingo and abbreviations. Do read the Announcements before proceedings. Thank you.

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2014 at 15:32. Reason: see note in post :)
Old 30th June 2014, 10:41   #98
BHPian

Do you own SV or VX CVT? I believe in VX CVT, once you put in 'S' mode, you need to use paddle shifters to shift gear ratio unless you are nearing the red zone where it makes the shift automatically (VX CVT owners can confirm). on SV variant, the engine takes care of shift automatically but adds a whole lot of punch.

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2014 at 15:33. Reason: Removing quoted post
Old 30th June 2014, 11:15   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
Do you own SV or VX CVT? I believe in VX CVT, once you put in 'S' mode, you need to use paddle shifters to shift gear ratio unless you are nearing the red zone where it makes the shift automatically (VX CVT owners can confirm). on SV variant, the engine takes care of shift automatically but adds a whole lot of punch.
In S mode, the ratio doesn't hold until you are nearing the red zone. I think it just runs at a higher RPM than D mode, which means more torque at any speed.

If you then use paddle shift in S mode, the ratios change to one of the pre defined ratios and hold on to that place till you make a change again.

Red lining will happen in D or S mode on full throttle, and road speed will catch up after that.
aditto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 14:11   #100
BHPian

Mine is SVT n I feel in S mode there is more torque in all rpm levels n it holds till redline; similar to manual 2nd/3rd/4th. I don't think in S mode it is shifting to the top ratio. My assumption - In Cvt sport mode means previous L1 which has till middle ratios n in L (previous L2) only lower ratios.. Expert can comment👍
Old 5th July 2014, 00:32   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
Hi noddy, tyre dealer name is sundar tyres near nehru stadium. His dealership mainly deals in Yokohamas n it is advisable to give him a call before going there; I will PM you his number.
FYI he quoted 5k/tyre for A drive n5.2k for C drive.
My SA was vijaykumar n you can take my reference but after giving booking amount I doubt how much further freebies you can add?!?
Frankly I don't like my current mat n they are not professionals so I'm waiting for Hondas cut mats to arrive or I will put 3D or nomad mats.
For 3M treatment I'm also bit confused coz coimbatore don't have any 3M exclusive place as where as I'm informed.
If you do a hunt near nehru stadium you will get almost all accessories for your car.
Btw it's not bhanu but bhunu [ short form of bhuvanesh ]
Hi Bhanu,

To let you know 3M has opened in Cbe at Trichy Road in the TAFE premises ( next to Vivekalaya School and opposite to Richmond Hospital ). I got two of our cars paint protected last month and taking there another one in the coming week.
Old 6th July 2014, 23:30   #102

Hi Bhanu,
I have been informed that I am likely to get delivery by the 29 July. Cant wait till then. As you said since I have already paid the booking amount so its wait and watch as to how much I can negotiate for freebies. However you will be delighted to note that 3M has opened up its center at Trichy road. I have paid a visit already and they appear good. Checked out their Nomad mats. I think I shall go in for them once I get the car. Where can i get seat covers put in Coimbatore. I suppose the one available at the dealers would be pretty steep. I am not looking for leather ones but nice fabric ones. Who all are the reliable Car accessories shops in Coimbatore?
Old 13th July 2014, 22:36   #103
BHPian

How is the performance of CVT with heavy load, say with 5 adults? Any drastic difference compared to MT?
Old 14th July 2014, 13:39   #104
BHPian

Thanks neel for your wonderful write up,

I just took delivery of Honda City SV variant - Golden brown last week, as reported by others, this colour is really a dirt magnet. Would like to do the Cquartz treatment as done by you,

since im based from Chennai - request our fellow bhpians to provide / guide me in getting cquartz treatment done @ right place in chennai
Old 16th July 2014, 21:13   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmraja View Post
Thanks neel for your wonderful write up,

I just took delivery of Honda City SV variant - Golden brown last week, as reported by others, this colour is really a dirt magnet. Would like to do the Cquartz treatment as done by you,

since im based from Chennai - request our fellow bhpians to provide / guide me in getting cquartz treatment done @ right place in chennai
I would totally recommend CQuartz treatment. This is something I just posted on other thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3480134

After this treatment, even washing your car is much easier.

Make sure you enquire in detail about this before getting it done in Chennai. The way the coating is applied also makes a huge difference. Yuo can reach out to Mohsin at Ultimate Detailerz and check if he knows someone in Chennai who would be able to provide this treatment on your car.
neel911 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks