Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2014, 18:16   #121
BHPian

Re: 2014 Honda City SV CVT Automatic - My White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
All folders/sub folders are put at same top level folder. So if you have nested folders, it would still show all of them at same level.
Hi. I didn't quite understand what you meant by nested folder and top level folder. I have made folders of different Rock bands, Old hindi songs, main folder and sub folder by artists and New hindi songs folder containing sub folder by movies etc. Now how will the system treat them? I would like to play Rock music when I am driving alone and hindi songs otherwise when others are there.
Plus, how is the pairing with blue tooth on Android? Does it change songs with the ssteering mounted controls?
Thanks for your help.
Old 27th September 2014, 00:36   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight.rider View Post
Hi. I didn't quite understand what you meant by nested folder and top level folder. I have made folders of different Rock bands, Old hindi songs, main folder and sub folder by artists and New hindi songs folder containing sub folder by movies etc. Now how will the system treat them? I would like to play Rock music when I am driving alone and hindi songs otherwise when others are there.
Plus, how is the pairing with blue tooth on Android? Does it change songs with the ssteering mounted controls?
Thanks for your help.
knight.rider,

Irrespective of how you organize your folders , they all show at the same level. It only shows the folder that has the actual audio files.

And yes, you can use the steering mounted control to toggle between songs. I have added both my Samsung Galaxy S4 and Iphone 4S, there is a slight delay , but it definitely works, there is no denying that.
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 10:06   #123
BHPian

Thanks a lot. If it changes by steering control over blue tooth then it's cool. Every passing day is getting tough on me. My car is coming next week. Waiting for it since June... :-)
Old 28th September 2014, 13:28   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight.rider View Post
Thanks a lot. If it changes by steering control over blue tooth then it's cool. Every passing day is getting tough on me. My car is coming next week. Waiting for it since June... :-)
Believe me, I understand what you are going through. The car is definitely worth waiting for. You are going to enjoy driving this car.
Old 18th December 2014, 22:46   #125
BHPian

Hi Neel,
Congratulations on your new car. I also have plans to buy the same breed, though I might go for CX CVT. My question for you on the tyre upgrade -
1) Can we put 195/60R15 on the alloys that come with the car?
2) Are there warranty issues if we upgrade the tyres?

-Anand
Old 27th December 2014, 18:02   #126
BHPian

Thoroughly confused between City CVT and Rapid DSG. My explanations below -

Rapid +ves

- Fuel efficient and cheaper to run as I clock close to 2000 kms per month
- Minimalist designing and interiors suit my taste
- Built like a tank
- And obviously DSG
- 40k cash discount and no EMI till 2016

Rapid -ves

- DSG and notorious nature
- Skoda ASS
- Low resale and demand
- Only 2014 model under "Buy in 2014 and Pay in 2016 scheme"

City CVT +ves

- Brilliant package and reliability of Honda
- Larger foothold
- Excellent ASS and resale value
- Will get a 2015 VIN

City CVT -ves

- Petrol engine only
- CVT does not even come close to DSG
- Overtly styled - No offence to admirers/owners; but not to my taste
- No discounts whatsoever

Any pointers and opinion will be helpful. Difference in EMI of the variants I am looking at is negated by fuel bills.
Old 27th December 2014, 18:43   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Thoroughly confused between City CVT and Rapid DSG.
- Petrol engine only
- CVT does not even come close to DSG
- Overtly styled - No offence to admirers/owners; but not to my taste
- No discounts whatsoever
Let me first confess - I had a similar dilemna. Though it was Vento TSI +DSG vs City CVT iVtec. I did evaluation on multiple factors and then decided to go for City CVT.
First thing - did you test drive City CVT enough and all possible modes? I know City CVT is not at par vs DSG (+TSI). However, the difference is not that glaring too. If DSG is 100, I would give CVT in Normal mode as 80 and in Sports mode as 90. Throw in the paddle shifters with City VX and it's almost 95(though I know it's unfair).
Factored in the fact that my drive will be mostly in Bangalore and peak hours, will I get enough space on road to feel that missing 10-20% ?
I agree Rapid/DSG are amazing cars but, throw in their ASS and the fact that you will have to wait for weird hours or empty roads to show your friend why it's worth a million of your rupees, I will rather put that cash in a car where I don't have to explain the rationale once he sits in the car.
However, as I understand, your taste is more towards European class rather than oriental make up so, listen to your heart. Once again, sit in both the cabins, focus on things around you, see which interior makes you feel in charge and happy. At the end of the day, that's where you will spend most of your driving time. Listen carefully to yourself and pick the one that makes you feel sad when getting out.
Old 27th December 2014, 18:53   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshVShrotriya View Post
At the end of the day, that's where you will spend most of your driving time. Listen carefully to yourself and pick the one that makes you feel sad when getting out.
Wow, that's some thought! However my drive entails a 60% highway and 40% B2B traffic. Having lived in Bangalore for three years I do understand your daily commute. I used to do a Sarjapur Road to Richmond Road, 6 days a week.
Old 27th December 2014, 19:25   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that's some thought! However my drive entails a 60% highway and 40% B2B traffic. Having lived in Bangalore for three years I do understand your daily commute. I used to do a Sarjapur Road to Richmond Road, 6 days a week.
it took me three months to make up this thought. :banghead:
In your case, it's straight - Rapid DSG. You will feel that blood flows against the gravity when you will overtake that odd more expensive car with no fuss. :thumbup:
Old 22nd March 2015, 16:58   #130

Saved this thread for a while... Was a treat to read your review on the car... I am getting the same one delivered today evening...
Thebibendum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 12:40   #131
BHPian

Hi!

Just relocated a few months ago from Singapore and was looking for a car. I had a Civic before I moved to Singapore 7 years ago and my Dad has a 2.4L Accord and so the choice of manufacturer was obvious - Honda. But with the Civic and the Accord V6 no longer available, I had to make a choice on what I had.

One very critical requirement for me was that it had to be an Automatic. The Brio was small, the Amaze (we have one of those for my Mom has an Automatic that hunts all the time and the Mobilio did not have an AT). So the choice was the City VX CVT.

Paid the money for a Taffeta White car to Sundaram Honda Coimbatore on the 23rd and the car is being delivered to me tomorrow. Have already checked the VIN and its a Feb 2015 car. Quite excited.

Thanks to you for the awesome ownership report and the continuous feedback that you have been giving. Have decided for now that I will not do a tyre upgrade. Will wait for a bit before I do anything at all.

Will update more once I get the car and drive it around a bit.

Cheers!
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 13:38   #132

I just got my tryes changed... Had received the car on Sunday with mrf on it.. Sold it to the tyre dealer and got Michelin xm2. Love the difference in drive..
Old 30th March 2015, 15:14   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebibendum View Post
I just got my tryes changed... Had received the car on Sunday with mrf on it.. Sold it to the tyre dealer and got Michelin xm2. Love the difference in drive..
Is there really a big difference?
Did you go for the same size or a different one?
I was considering doing that but have decided to wait a few of years and change when they are nearing the end of its life.

Quote:
Thoroughly confused between City CVT and Rapid DSG.....
I went through a similar confusion. But My decision was easier because my overall driving is about 600km/month.
Secondly the interior space in honda city feels more than in the rapid. So for others in the car, it is much more comfortable.
ultimately get the car you want to drive. The ASS is bad, but not so horrible that the car isnt work buying. And the there is a focus from the corporate to get the brand to its deserving place.

Last edited by Eddy : 30th March 2015 at 16:19. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 30th March 2015, 20:37   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_sahab View Post

I was considering doing that but have decided to wait a few of years and change when they are nearing the end of its life.

I went through a similar confusion. But My decision was easier because my overall driving is about 600km/month.

Secondly the interior space in honda city feels more than in the rapid. So for others in the car, it is much more comfortable.

ultimately get the car you want to drive. The ASS is bad, but not so horrible that the car isnt work buying. And the there is a focus from the corporate to get the brand to its deserving place.

Thanks buddy, like a fellow bhpian said, buy what you heart desires. Had bought a DSG in January after weighing all pros and cons.
Old 30th March 2015, 20:59   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_sahab View Post
MRF in the market for r15 (15 inches) is 4400 and Michelin xm2 energy is 5200 for the same size. I got a good deal of replacing all 5 of them and the dealer paid me 4000 for it... I had to pay 6000 extra for those 5 with a premium difference of 1200 each. I feel that the braking is better and the sound is reduced... Feels like better gripping on the road... Rolling resistance as claimed for Michelin is less, so automatically expecting a little jump in the mileage by some percentage.
Overall my ride on Michelin has been really good till now...

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th March 2015 at 21:19. Reason: please read the mod note in your post, thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks