Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2014, 11:07   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
You and your dad are Maruti's forever loyal customers. Previous cars were both Maruti's & replaced by both Maruti's again.
This is our ownership log from the time we started having cars:

HM Ambassador = 1975 to 2003
Maruti 800 = 1994 to 1997
Maruti 800 = 1997 to 2000
Maruti WagonR = 2000 to 2008
Maruti WagonR = 2008 to 2010
Honda City = 2004 to 2007
Maruti SX4 = 2007 to 2014
Maruti Ritz = 2010 to 2013
Maruti Swift = 2013 to so on.
Maruti Ertiga = 2014 to so on.

We love Maruti Suzuki!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 19:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga ZDi. Update - Sold at 80k Kms

Honest review there Congrats on the car mate, no idea you came from a Maruti Suzuki loving family. Saw the list of cars you owned. That's pretty impressive.

Didn't understand what your fuss was about regarding beige since I love it; the airy feeling in the cabin makes a world of difference. But then I saw the pictures you really do need seat covers and some sort of regular interior cleaning routine.

Cheers!
Old 1st April 2014, 19:07   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Honest review there Congrats on the car mate, no idea you came from a Maruti Suzuki loving family. Saw the list of cars you owned. That's pretty impressive.

Didn't understand what your fuss was about regarding beige since I love it; the airy feeling in the cabin makes a world of difference. But then I saw the pictures you really do need seat covers and some sort of regular interior cleaning routine.

Cheers!
Yes there are stains on the front seats. I don't know how they happened as I hardly use it

I am busy on my Swift!

The seat covers are pending on my Swift too!

Beige is good and airy to see but living in it day-in and day-out is difficult. Needs a lot of patience and maintenance.

Anurag.
Old 1st April 2014, 19:34   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new MS acquisition. Ertiga is a well-balanced family vehicle. Especially for those who own its siblings (Ritz and the Swift), it is a very logical step-up.

My dad who drives a Swift (the 1.3L G13B one) is secretly eyeying the Ertiga and with the arrival of his grand daughter (my daughter), he feels that the Swift can no longer comfortably seat all of us on family outings. Since I own an i20, all my family outings with 6 people demand both cars being used. I am pretty sure that one fine day, he too will bite the bullet and call me just to give me an FYI call.

Wishing you and your dad many more happy miles on this new White Beauty.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2014, 22:16   #20
BHPian

Congrats Anurag on your new acquisition. Nice write up and exhaustive compilation of pics. Rating your thread a well deserved 5-stars. Happy mile munching with the Maruti duos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
This is our ownership log from the time we started having cars:
HM Ambassador = 1975 to 2003
Maruti 800 = 1994 to 1997
Maruti 800 = 1997 to 2000
Maruti WagonR = 2000 to 2008
Maruti WagonR = 2008 to 2010
Honda City = 2004 to 2007
Maruti SX4 = 2007 to 2014
Maruti Ritz = 2010 to 2013
Maruti Swift = 2013 to so on.
Maruti Ertiga = 2014 to so on.
Whoa! you've just redefined the term "Loyal Customer". Uncompromising quality and reliability along with efforts to provide unmatched customer satisfaction lead them to this level.
Old 2nd April 2014, 06:35   #21
BANNED

Thank you guys and I am happy that you liked the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
My dad who drives a Swift (the 1.3L G13B one) is secretly eyeying the Ertiga and with the arrival of his grand daughter (my daughter), he feels that the Swift can no longer comfortably seat all of us on family outings. Since I own an i20, all my family outings with 6 people demand both cars being used. I am pretty sure that one fine day, he too will bite the bullet and call me just to give me an FYI call.
Your dad is right, I'd space is the priority then Swift is NOT the car to be looked at. I am driving it single 99% of the time hence not bothered if the space it has to offer. Fingers crossed, let's see if your dad gets the Ertiga too. Show him this review!

Congrats in advance for the God news in your family. Hope to meet you at the Meet on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Congrats Anurag on your new acquisition. Nice write up and exhaustive compilation of pics. Rating your thread a well deserved 5-stars. Happy mile munching with the Maruti duos.

Whoa! you've just redefined the term "Loyal Customer". Uncompromising quality and reliability along with efforts to provide unmatched customer satisfaction lead them to this level.
Thank you.

Anurag.
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:31   #22
BHPian

A good review. The Ertiga is a great car, but why did you not consider the Hyundai Elantra? It has a decent back seat, and also gives a good mileage. Only problem it has is the rear headroom, and maybe the wallowy ride. The ASS of Hyundai is not a grouse too.
Old 2nd April 2014, 18:49   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
A good review. The Ertiga is a great car, but why did you not consider the Hyundai Elantra? It has a decent back seat, and also gives a good mileage. Only problem it has is the rear headroom, and maybe the wallowy ride. The ASS of Hyundai is not a grouse too.
Both dad and me are not fans of Hyundai, so they were not in choices too.

Anurag.
Old 3rd April 2014, 20:10   #24
BHPian

Nice car, smart dash, roomy and attractive interiors ! I only dislike the third row of seats, as the car is not long enough to grant it any legroom ! And the second row A/C is actually just a blower, I think ?

Congratulations from a newbie !
Old 3rd April 2014, 21:42   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakemanJohny View Post
And the second row A/C is actually just a blower, I think ?

Congratulations from a newbie !
Thank you Johny.

The second row AC vents are not a mere set of blowers but they do have the condensor and cooling coil if seen using a torch. It chills pretty fast. For your easy reference, check out the same in the official review.

Anurag.
Old 4th April 2014, 10:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hello Anurag,

Let me not be left behind in congratulating you on the wise decision your Dad has made. Your garage is now complete, a sporty, fun to drive, hot hatch and a people mover, which is equally agile for in-city runs. Wish I had the luxury of two parking slots in my garage, this would be a perfect combination of a hatch and a people mover.

Since many days, no sorry months, sorry again, since many years I am contemplating of upgrading from my Indica, but not able to zero in on one single car, which will suit all my needs. Ertiga was one of the top contenders, but knowing now that the Mobilio is going to hit the roads come May-June timeframe, I want to test both these cars extensively. My decision is further complicated as a used Innova (top end "V" model, Oct 2011 make) from a known source will be up for sale in Oct 2014 and the asking price would be in the 8.5 lacs range.

I can only pray that the best amongst the three adorns my garage in the near future (fingers crossed).

Last edited by AutoIndian : 4th April 2014 at 10:27.
Old 4th April 2014, 10:30   #27
BHPian

Crisp review Anurag. Ertiga is a total VFM car. Surprisingly its well put together and does not feel like a car from the Maruti stable in a good way. The build quality and paint job is pretty good. My only grouse with Maruti is they could have made the 3rd row seats individually foldable a la innova. You can leave one seat for use and fold the other seat for boot space. With regards to ICE, PM me, I can share some thoughts around ways to boost the sound stage. Congratulations pal. Wishing you many more safe miles on your ertiga.
sparsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 11:15   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Let me not be left behind in congratulating you on the wise decision your Dad has made.

My decision is further complicated as a used Innova (top end "V" model, Oct 2011 make) from a known source will be up for sale in Oct 2014 and the asking price would be in the 8.5 lacs range.

I can only pray that the best amongst the three adorns my garage in the near future (fingers crossed).
Thanks AutoIndian. I'll suggest to wait for the Honda as it looks promising. If the Honda doesn't feel good then Innovative will be a good pick if that was maintained in good condition else Ertiga is there anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Crisp review Anurag. With regards to ICE, PM me, I can share some thoughts around ways to boost the sound stage. Congratulations pal. Wishing you many more safe miles on your ertiga.
Thanks Karthik. Happy you liked the review. The car is made and built well without doubt. Regarding boosting the sound, I'll come for the Swift. Ertiga being used by Dad, the stereo is hardly switched on.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2014, 15:47   #29
BHPian

Congrats on the new ride! I love the white colour of Ertiga. A great review also.

Regarding the tyres, I recommend upsizing it. My friend had put 205/55/R15, It felt better than stock tyres.
Old 5th April 2014, 19:18   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjuunz View Post
Congrats on the new ride! I love the white colour of Ertiga. A great review also.

Regarding the tyres, I recommend upsizing it. My friend had put 205/55/R15, It felt better than stock tyres.
Thank you Arjuunz,

I prefer stock always so upsize etc are not in pipeline. Thanks for recommendation.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks