Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2014, 19:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home

@Figo_mba, congrats on the Xylo ! Nice review.

This is one super vehicle for a large group to cruise endlessly on the highways, with very less long-journey-fatigue.

Having logged nearly 30000 kms so far with zero niggles, from Bangalore to places like Mumbai, Rajasthan, Orissa and the dirt tracks of the Malabar coast, I can vouch for this great cruiser.

Wishing you a really happy ownership

Last edited by mooza : 18th April 2014 at 19:30.
Old 19th April 2014, 18:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations on your new car. At 10L OTR it really sounds so much more VFM than the Innova and even the XUV. A couple of questions:
1. How does the engine fare w.r.t. the XUV?
2. How much extra space does the third row offer again with respect to the XUV?

Also please post some more pics of the interiors as there are very few Xylo ownership threads on the forum. Wishing you many happy miles.
Thanks drmohitg. The engine is the 125 bhp engine that does its job in the Scorpio. It is 15 bhp less than the XUV engine. It is a 2.5l engine and the emphasis is on lugging power rather than outright power.
My personal best time on the Xylo is 0-100 in 15.2s which i feel is good for a MUV of this size. In the city the Xylo easily 'lambs' around but one needs to be careful about the huge dimensions of the car alone.
The engine is smooth and NVH is under control.
I think Dhanush has fairly made this point clear about the seats and its difference between XUV and Xylo.

I will be posting the pics of the interiors and the other important items soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Firstly, congrats on an eminently readable log. I like it.

What I am curious about is the purchase decision. For something that's basically a once in two month decision, why buy a bigger car? Your overall FE loss and cost of upgrade means its technically cheaper to get a hired innova (if there's one u can trust) each time.

That said, please put some decals or suchlike stickers so that people can't confuse it for a cab. "Wrong cab" LOL
Thanks phamilyman. It is not once in a month travel, all of us in the family travel together most of the time. So we have atleast a travel during the weekend that come up. Flexibility of not having to wait for a cab is what we all wanted. I am not sure if we can put a price to that. I understand your point of view but then that is a whole different discussion that we were done with.
We were contemplating the buy for so long that it kinda reminded me of the Clint Eastwood dialogue. "If you gonna buy(shoot), buy(shoot).. Dont talk.

Stickering job is a definite yes. I am looking at some options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
Congrats figo_mba for the new acquisition..!! Happy motoring..!

Its true that the breaks need more bytes and the ABS pitch in too fast even in very low speed. At times this is irritating. The car is stable even at 140 on a straight highway.

I would suggest you to upgrade the headlamp to Philips Extreme vision. Also consider a rear camera in addition to the rear sensor. The Sensor behaves weird at times if there is any dust. The sensor distance is only 120cm and the "STOP" will come at 50cm.

Thanks
Rajesh
Oh thats great to know. I was thinking whether it was an issue that needed to be raised with the Mahindra Service. I am guessing that it is common on all Xylos, which is kind of a relief.
I find the current bulbs adequate probably because I was driving a figo earlier.
Sensor is accurate till now. It shows stop at 10 inches which is kind of Ok for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Welcome to the Xylo Club mate, have enjoyed many miles fatigue free in this tusker. Its just a matter of getting used to, alter your driving pattern, speeds below 110 km/h and you will enjoy the trips!
Thanks Maverick. Speeds in kerala are mostly below 80kmph. So I am not finding it that difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
@Figo_mba, congrats on the Xylo ! Nice review.

This is one super vehicle for a large group to cruise endlessly on the highways, with very less long-journey-fatigue.

Having logged nearly 30000 kms so far with zero niggles, from Bangalore to places like Mumbai, Rajasthan, Orissa and the dirt tracks of the Malabar coast, I can vouch for this great cruiser.

Wishing you a really happy ownership
Thanks mooza. I had read through your posts and the ones on the carrier was very informative. Might be looking at purchasing it soon.
I am yet to take it out on a really long trip. I am sure the ride is fatigue free.
Old 20th April 2014, 21:30   #33
BHPian

Front seats, set for a 6 footer
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_front-seat.jpg

Second row is fixed but that should not be a problem at all.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_2nd-row-seat.jpg

Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_2nd-row-seat2.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	interior_2nd row seat.jpg
Views:	1307
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	1232529

Common Handrest has 2 cup holders too.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_2nd-row_with_handrest.jpg

Space is never a problem on the 3rd row too. Note the handrest on the third row. It is really comfortable.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_3rd-row.jpg

So called boot
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-xylo_so_called_boot.jpg

This should have been curved like in Ecosport and that would have lliberated more space.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-rear-washer-reservoir.jpg
but you have the rear wipe reservoir there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear washer reservoir.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1232522

Rear door lacks a bottle holder. The windows fully roll down.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_rear-door.jpg

Airbags on the H8 airbags model. The alloys also come with this model
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-airbags.jpg

Scuff plates. Did not like it but then it seems quite useful.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_scuffplate.jpg

Round speakers are ok. I still rate the Figo speakers atleast 2 notches higher.

Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_speaker.jpg

Another bling accessory. Chrome handles. Not the best, I have seen.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-chrome-handle.jpg

The roof has a black effect. but the stickering is partial (does not extend over the full part of the roof). Cost cutting?? In their defense, this partial stickering becomes evident only when you look at it from the top. Otherwise looks like full stickering from the dead front.

Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-exterior_roof_sticker.jpg

There is a 12V supply between the front seat for the 2nd row passengers.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-interior_between-front-seats_12v.jpg

Trying some exterior shots. Who knows I might find an angle in which the Xylo looks good.
Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-exterior2.jpg
figo_mba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 13:41   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Trying some exterior shots. Who knows I might find an angle in which the Xylo looks good.
Nice snaps there figo_mba.
For the exterior angle shot, keep trying and keep your hopes high.

Quote:
Front seats, set for a 6 footer
Attachment 1232519

Second row is fixed but that should not be a problem at all.
Attachment 1232529
Jokes apart, the interior space is abundant.
Even with the front seat set for a six footer, your kid can run along the corridor on the second row!!

Quote:
So called boot
Have you seen the boot of XUV?
One glance, and you will be happy through out your life!!

Does that fabric come as stock on the centre arm rest on the front row?
Or did you do an after market job?
Pretty nice I should say!!
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 14:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Jokes apart, the interior space is abundant.
Even with the front seat set for a six footer, your kid can run along the corridor on the second row!!

Have you seen the boot of XUV?
One glance, and you will be happy through out your life!!
+1 to Dhanush's comment on space. I was blown out by the space to be honest. As he said your family would appreciate it.

Boot space takes a beating I believe when you need to have 3rd row in action. But again you can't have everything good. I have been in the back row of your figo for short time. I would be more than happy to do it now in your Xylo.

Cheers

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st April 2014 at 22:05. Reason: edited the post to remove a few lines not suitable for public. thanks.
Old 21st April 2014, 21:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Does that fabric come as stock on the centre arm rest on the front row?
Or did you do an after market job?
Pretty nice I should say!!
All of this is stock. The fabric is really good corduroy. The front arm rest and the one in the second row is also similarly done and a good fit.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
"If you gonna buy(shoot), buy(shoot).. Dont talk.
Greetings of the day!

1. Great dialogue to be quoted in the situation!

2. Congratulations for the happy-legs-mHawk-Xylo!

3. Keep us posted about your experience with the ride quality, handling & body roll assessment of your car.

4. Am looking at an upgrade to a real 7/8 seater too, you might have come across a few posts on the Innova vs Ertiga vs Xylo thread.It shall be helpful in developing the correct perspective on the issue.

Regards!
Old 22nd April 2014, 09:32   #38
BHPian

Hey figo_mba! Congrats on the arrival of the E8. When we bought the E8 2 years back, it was because of the new look given to the front end of the car. Beautiful car to drive! Even our E8 has completed about 33k kms on the MEagle engine and going strong!

Correct me if i'm wrong but, isn't the Mhwak a 2.2L engine? That's what it used to be on the Scorpio.

Cheers!
Varun
Old 22nd April 2014, 17:17   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkar1710 View Post
Greetings of the day!

1. Great dialogue to be quoted in the situation!

2. Congratulations for the happy-legs-mHawk-Xylo!

3. Keep us posted about your experience with the ride quality, handling & body roll assessment of your car.

4. Am looking at an upgrade to a real 7/8 seater too, you might have come across a few posts on the Innova vs Ertiga vs Xylo thread.It shall be helpful in developing the correct perspective on the issue.

Regards!
thanks onkar1710. I have seen some of your post and I can see that your decision factors are similar. I will try my best and keep the thread updated on my feedback about the Xylo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedmisile View Post
Hey figo_mba! Congrats on the arrival of the E8. When we bought the E8 2 years back, it was because of the new look given to the front end of the car. Beautiful car to drive! Even our E8 has completed about 33k kms on the MEagle engine and going strong!

Correct me if i'm wrong but, isn't the Mhwak a 2.2L engine? That's what it used to be on the Scorpio.

Cheers!
Varun
Thanks varun. A minor correction. It is a Xylo H8 and not an E8. Ever since the launch of Xylo Refresh model (I think May 2013). So the mEagle is not on offer at all on Xylo now. Only mHawk is available and m2Di on the E2 and E4 models.

Yes, the mHawk is a 2.2L engine.
2.2 L mHawk Engine develops 120 BHP @ 4000 rpm & 290 Nm@1800 - 2800 rpm
2.5 L mEagle engine develops 112 BHP @ 3800 rpm & 240 Nm@1800 - 3000 rpm
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 00:49   #40
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks varun. A minor correction. It is a Xylo H8 and not an E8. Ever since the launch of Xylo Refresh model (I think May 2013). So the mEagle is not on offer at all on Xylo now. Only mHawk is available and m2Di on the E2 and E4 models.

Yes, the mHawk is a 2.2L engine.
2.2 L mHawk Engine develops 120 BHP @ 4000 rpm & 290 Nm@1800 - 2800 rpm
2.5 L mEagle engine develops 112 BHP @ 3800 rpm & 240 Nm@1800 - 3000 rpm
The first Xylo (Type 1) models were sold in 2 major variants - D and E. The D model stood for the mDi engine whereas the E stood for the mEagle engine. The facelifted model (Type 2) was also sold in 2 major variants - D and E - with the introduction of the mHawk engine in the higher E models. Last year M&M discontinued the mEagle engine and renamed the variants to H (mHawk).

Quote:
Being a tall and narrow vehicle - its difficult to get a good balanced shot of the Xylo. From most angles it looks very weird. These are 2 angles where I feel the Xylo looks the best.

Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-xylofront.jpg

Old 23rd April 2014, 20:21   #41
BHPian

Congratulations on the Xylo figo_mba. I really love Xylo for the space it offers. Did a couple of trips to Shimla from Delhi seated in the last row. Very comfortable, no boat like ride experienced.

Xylo got a XUVish like steering wheel in 2012, why does you H8 has a Scorpio like steering wheel?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2674240

H8 pic from Mahindra's website:

Gaining a new Vantage Point : My Mahindra Xylo H8 comes home-untitled.jpg
Old 24th April 2014, 02:21   #42
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The website still shows the interior pics of the earlier E models. I believe all the H models come with the Scorpio like steering wheel.

Team Bhpian RajeshK's H8 also has the same steering wheel.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...lo-h8-abs.html
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 08:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new possession. Here is wishing miles of smiling cruising. From now on, you are gonna travel in space.

Most important point is the fantastic in-depth narration of the whole episode. Need to take valid inputs from you to complete my Figo ownership experience, which is lying on the assembly line for more than ten months and will take more time to finally see the light of the day.

Last edited by rajeev k : 24th April 2014 at 08:37.
Old 8th May 2014, 19:56   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
I really love Xylo for the space it offers. Did a couple of trips to Shimla from Delhi seated in the last row.
1. Which variant (s) of Xylo was it?

2. Kindly elaborate in respect of the ride quality, especially vis-a-vis other options like Innova,Tavera etc.

Regards!
Old 9th May 2014, 00:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkar1710 View Post
1. Which variant (s) of Xylo was it?

2. Kindly elaborate in respect of the ride quality, especially vis-a-vis other options like Innova,Tavera etc.

Regards!
1. Don't remember the variant but it was a 7 seater.

2. The MUV was driven very sedately throughout the journey. It was fully loaded and ride was perfectly ok at speeds around 90 Km/hr. On the hills , I never felt nauseous. I am close to 6 ft. The leg room made the ride comfortable.

Innova and ertiga definately has better ride quality at high speeds as compared to Xylo.

Never got a opportunity to sit in a Tavera.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks