Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 19:27   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic

Hearty Congratulations. The Brio is quite an under rated car IMO. And the AT is even more under rated. It is a great car and glad you gave importance to the safety features over nice to have comfort features.

Enjoy your ride
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 20:23   #17
BHPian

Congratulations. I like Brio except for the boot. However if that's not the main criteria then Brio is an awesome car for it's price tag. Very detailed photos and inline description for every photo is wonderful. Wish you many many happy miles in the car.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 21:57   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the acquisition. Do post more on how the ride quality is with the new tyres, tyre noise, nvh levels after the under-body coating, city driving experience and FE after the first service and second service.

Any plans of taking this car on a long highway drive? Would be interesting to see the FE in real-world scenario, with 100% AC on the highways.

Also, would it be possible for you to post an indicative pic of the boot with suitcases placed in there? Would give a relative idea on how many suitcases can this swallow.

Brio GC is 165mm - Have you faced any issues with the under-body hitting the speedbreakers?

Are you planning on moving to fully synthetic oil sometime later?

Thanks,
Yogesh.

Last edited by yogeshnagpal : 14th April 2014 at 22:00.
yogeshnagpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 00:45   #19
BHPian

Congrats.
and what a detailed photo session it was!
It would have taken a couple or more days to click all the photos and add all those embedded comments.!!
Hats-off to that effort!

There is so much of beige in the cabin. It should be really hard to keep it clean for long.
Try to get beige-black combo color seat covers ( with black color prominent), since seats are the first thing that get soiled in a new car.
just my 2 cents though, since I have seen many new cars of my colleagues/relatives with beige seats getting really dirty within months of purchase.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 02:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Let me start by saying"what an innovative title"
I am very happy that we could convince you for a brio automatic as you are a kind of person who is difficult to please.

And the review was nothing short of the official one, gave it a well deserved 5 stars.
Liked the concept of let the pictures do all the talking.

All said and done.
1)When are we going for a drive?
2)Where is the party which you promised?
3)As you got brio RED(lady boss), when can I loan the fortuner(boss)?
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 09:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A very detailed ownership report clubbed with great pictures/captions

A well deserved 5 star

As a suggestion ,how about getting the stock alloys painted matt black?
Hi Rawal,

Many thanks for your wishes and motivation for the Lady Red!

Appreciate your rating too. That is a good suggestion of having the alloys painted matt black and will check on the options with mobike008, as he had earlier got his White Annihilator's alloys painted.

Quote:
I did get the glimpse of the lady when we met at 3M. Loved set of tyres BTW and much better than stock. Distinctive colour and more of unique that highlights the Brio and its good looks.

I am waiting for a diesel heart in a hatchback from Honda and yes, that'll be my next car.

The next time we meet, I am going to drive it around that 3M road!

Why not add Philips Xtreme Vision (60/55W H4) headlamps too? They are better illuminating than stock I feel!
Thanks, Anurag! The tyres do the justice well for their looks and performance too. They are silent, absorb bumps, wide with increased road grip & do not foul the wheel wells. Sure, you can spin Lady Red next time we meet.

On the Headlamps front, I am happy with the stock output of Brio and would consider the Philips Xtreme Vision if I feel I need to upgrade in the future. This car is more run in the city and hence the 'satisfaction' with the stock head lamps.

Quote:
I wish to take your feedback on the efficiency of the under body treatment that you have added. How much of a difference has it made in cutting the unwanted wheel well noise?

I feel the your tyre upsize would lead to huge variance in mileage readings. Any particular reason for choosing the odd size? I particularly feel the 175/65/R14 is adequate for the size, purpose and power of Brio. The only change required is swapping to better quality rubber since MRF stock sucks big time.
Thanks, v.anand. I have been a fan of the underbody treatment for all my rides, if not for anything, but the road noise reduction. The 3M underbody treatment does its job well and is very professionally applied and throughly double checked for consistency in application. The absence of rear wheel well cladding compounds the road noise issue in Brio, as I have noticed during the test ride. Hence, this was one of the things in the check list to ensure the in cabin comfort is not compromised.

The tyre change/upgrade/upsize has two reasons: 1. I hate MRF tyres to the zilch! So, they had to go! 2. Yokohama Earth-1's were the probable choice as I heard/read good feedback about their performance and a close friend is a dealer of the same. The upsize was to give the higher and bobbier tyre look for a small hatch(the looks, which I like). Earth-1's were available at 185/65/R14 which were a little increase on the width and I prefer the same. In fact, I even wanted to change the alloys with wider rubber for which I was advised against doing the same. Current mileage is hovering around 9kmpl, will watch this space.

Quote:
Congratulations for your new toy and share with us the performance and FE figures after the engine settles down.
Hi nemesis86, Thanks and I shall keep updating this thread through out the journey with the Lady Red. I will factor your inputs for the same.

Quote:
Did you consider Beat?
Size-wise, I thought Brio has biggest competition with Beat apart from i10.
Beat is equally loaded with goodies. But I trust Honda Score more.

What do you say?
Hi Wanderers, Beat was never an option, as I failed to find an automatic model of the same. I would plonk my monies anyday into a Japanese company than an American one, without batting an eyelid!

Quote:
Thanks again for a beautiful review, makes my life easy to shortlist one for my lady
Hi Ahmed bhai, Thanks and am glad the review was helpful. Look no further than Brio for your wife, it will leave her very happy and hence, you too!

Quote:
The Brio is quite an under rated car IMO. And the AT is even more under rated
Hi Rajeevraj, very aptly said. It was under rated by me too before I purchased it. It is a very pliant ride and a great comfort provider from inside.

Quote:
However if that's not the main criteria then Brio is an awesome car for it's price tag. Very detailed photos and inline description for every photo is wonderful.
Hi Sabsubs, Thanks. The boot is a compact one for sure, however does have enough space for the weekend shopping for the family. Might not be a good option for the airport rides and long road trips.

Quote:
Do post more on how the ride quality is with the new tyres, tyre noise, nvh levels after the under-body coating, city driving experience and FE after the first service and second service.

Any plans of taking this car on a long highway drive? Would be interesting to see the FE in real-world scenario, with 100% AC on the highways.

Also, would it be possible for you to post an indicative pic of the boot with suitcases placed in there? Would give a relative idea on how many suitcases can this swallow.

Brio GC is 165mm - Have you faced any issues with the under-body hitting the speedbreakers?

Are you planning on moving to fully synthetic oil sometime later?
Hi Yogeshnagpal,
Ride quality is more smooth, soft and pliant. Also, the nvh is considerably down from the stock condition.
This car might not see the long highway drives due to the availability of a better options at home. If I do, will post the mileage and other parameters post observation.
The boot can take 3 airline cabin bags/strollers, if that can give you an idea. I have to try for that picture with the bags in it.
The first few days I had to remind myself not to throw the car into bad patches like I do with my ride(BOSS- the Fortuner). The GC is no issue and requires the same care with any other hatchback or a sedan. No scrapes on the speed breakers, so far.
If Honda suggests to move to synthetic oil, I shall do it. Or else, I will stick to the company's recommendation on that one till I find strong reasons for the change.

Quote:
Hats-off to that effort!

There is so much of beige in the cabin. It should be really hard to keep it clean for long.
Thanks, Vinoddevil. The interior maintenance is the part of the package I have opted for the same reason with 3M, too much beige inside. Imagine with two kids in it, it is bound to become dirty.

Quote:
Let me start by saying"what an innovative title"
I am very happy that we could convince you for a brio automatic as you are a kind of person who is difficult to please.

And the review was nothing short of the official one, gave it a well deserved 5 stars.
Liked the concept of let the pictures do all the talking.

All said and done.
1)When are we going for a drive?
2)Where is the party which you promised?
3)As you got brio RED(lady boss), when can I loan the fortuner(boss)?
Hi Ecosportrules,

Thank you for your help & advise for changing my purchase decision to Brio! I am glad you liked the title of this thread. Appreciate the rating too.
We shall catch up this weekend for a drive in Brio. Party- your choice and time is fine by me.

The tricky question in the last- Fortuner, you can borrow it whenever you want

Last edited by getsurya : 15th April 2014 at 09:49.
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 10:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post

Hi nemesis86, Thanks and I shall keep updating this thread through out the journey with the Lady Red. I will factor your inputs for the same.
I shall be waiting for the update. I had considered Brio Automatic last year, but the Amaze ramp-up had pushed the waiting periods on Love-o-matic to 3 months. I didn't want to wait that much so picked an i20 instead. I would still consider this next year for my wife.

And the only thing that your brio needs is the Team-bhp stickers
nemesis86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 13:09   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the only thing that your brio needs is the Team-bhp stickers
Hi nemesis, Absolutely! Will post the information through out!

I am little averse to any stickers on my car, however I have the TBHP sticker on the stop lamp for both my cars.
Old 15th April 2014, 21:34   #24
BHPian

Congrats. Loved the review primarily because of your superlative effort in covering almost every aspect of your Brio. Good to see the arrival of parcel tray and defogger in the new versions.
Utopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 22:01   #25
BHPian

I've never sat in a Brio, but always noticed in the pictures that the dash is more inclined towards the front passenger. Is it really so, or do the pictures reflect it that way. If it is so, it is quite unusual, especially because the Brio is only sold in the Asian market with RHD only. Does it feel counter-intuitive to use the music system and the AC controls, or is it comfortable?. I had a Jazz, that too was similarly designed with the Dash inclined towards the LHS. However, the Jazz is sold much more in developed western markets,with LHD, so it is justifiable. It did feel a little awkward in the Jazz TBH.

Last edited by prakhar1998 : 15th April 2014 at 22:23. Reason: Typo
Old 16th April 2014, 10:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, Utopian!

Prakar, The dash is spaced out well and is not leaning into the driver or passenger. In fact, the glove box is designed into the dash making it a spacious passenger seat in the front. The controls are all very aptly reachable and comfortable.
Old 16th April 2014, 12:17   #27
BHPian

Congrats on your new acquisition getsurya. The Brio looks ravishing in rallye red. Nice and detailed write up with plenty of pictures calls for a five star rating hence given. Happy mile munching mate
Pferdestarke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 14:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Pictures continued...3.
Were the scratch protection films applied for the rear hatch key space too? They too invite a lot of scratches when some body nibbles with the key trying to open the rear hatch.
gopa99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 14:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Were the scratch protection films applied for the rear hatch key space too? They too invite a lot of scratches when some body nibbles with the key trying to open the rear hatch.
Hi Gopa,

That is a good suggestion and I too was feeling that I need to protect that area from the key scratches. However, the PPF will not hold there due to the shape(curve/cone shaped areas). I will plan for an alternative soon and have it covered.

Thanks for the note!
Old 4th May 2014, 10:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi Folks,

Update time:

It has been a month now since the Lady Red has graced our home and it was the first servicing time! The car has done 545km and I presented the car to the dealer-Pride Honda for the first service. As we all know, the first service is a 'no fuss, not much activity' done work and it is the same case with Honda too!
The car was taken in at 10:00 am and delivered back at 2:30pm and there were no charges, obviously.

Lady Red also got new seat covers done which were hand picked colors to match the interiors. The material is not pure leather, however the feel, quality & design is of top notch. The workmanship was good and the installation was done at my home.

Some pictures for your viewing pleasure
Attached Thumbnails
Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-first-service-1.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-first-service-2.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-first-service-3.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-first-service-4.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-first-service-5.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-first-service-6.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-first-service-7.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-first-service-8.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-seat-covers1.jpg  

Got Brio'RED': Honda Brio VX Automatic-seat-covers2.jpg