Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 13:27   #16
BHPian

Thank You for being honest about your opinion. Appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can you please elaborate the above line in bold. What made you drop the Amaze from the list? Honda's petrol engine would have better and more fun to drive I feel. .
Amaze looked great but the legroom didn't impress me. And to be very honest I don't like sub 4m cars. But thats my own opinion.

Quote:
Does this variant come with the safety features? Not criticizing but it leaves me a tad bit disappointed when even BHPians continue to opt for models/variants which come without the basic safety features including atleast ABS and 2 Airbags.
Yes I'm guilty of not choosing a variant with safety features. I can give enough reasons why I chose what I chose, but they will always be insufficient. But still I will give the reasons behind my choice. I never drive above 60. Just one time to test the new car I drove at 100. I think our car will seldom go on highways. I might sound like a hypocrite but being a BHPian I also support safety first. I strictly follow the primary safety guidelines that a driver should follow and in that way I think I qualify as a BHPian. The secondary features are life saving but they are only good if you follow the primary rules religiously.

Cheers!!!

Last edited by Apple Master : 19th April 2014 at 13:42.
Old 19th April 2014, 13:44   #17
BHPian

Re: Letty - My Toyota Etios G Xclusive Edition

Congratulations! A sensible purchase. Just a small clarification at the risk of going . I am of course assuming from the pictures that WB 06K xxxx is the registration number of your car which was registered in January 2014. The 06 series signifies that the car was registered at the Beltolla PVD; but AFAIK, Beltolla recommenced the 02 series followed by AA (currently AF) from 2012. Alipore PVD issues the 20/22 series, the newly opened Salt Lake PVD issues 08, Howrah - 12, Barrackpore - 24 and so on. I purchased a Wagon R in November 2013 registered at Beltolla (WB 02AE xxxx). What I would like to know is whether Beltolla is issuing the 06 series in parallel with the 02 series or has the car been registered with a different MVD who have resurrected the 06 series. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th April 2014, 14:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Since you got your car delivered in January and done only 500 kms till date, was 1st free service done after a month from the date of delivery ? If, yes how was your experience and what all things were carried out ? For diesel it is 1000 kms or 1 month after that 10,000 kms or 12 Months from the date of delivery. What are the service intervals for petrol Etios ?
The service intervals are the same as the diesel version. I will give a post shortly regarding the 1st service which was done after 1 month of purchase and also a car wash that I did one week ago. Both were pretty eventful, you will love the story. And you will see why choosing Toyota proved to be the wise decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
At the point of review Amaze was not launched, now that Etios has competition from amaze a comparison on petrol variants of both would really help prospective buyers in this segment.
Actually I didn't do that much of a comparative analysis between Amaze and Etios. Etios looked better and the reasons mentioned in the post were too good to give a second thought. That is why I didn't give any comparison in my decision making, because i didn't do one.

Last edited by Apple Master : 19th April 2014 at 14:52.
Apple Master is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 14:52   #19
BHPian

Thank You Babuda. Always nice to talk to Bengalis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babuda View Post
What I would like to know is whether Beltolla is issuing the 06 series in parallel with the 02 series or has the car been registered with a different MVD who have resurrected the 06 series. Thanks in advance.
Letty was registered at Kasba PVD which is a new PVD office in Kolkata. Topsel Toyota near Kasba/ Ruby Hospital is doing all their New car Registrations from this Kasba PVD. I have seen other cars delivered from Toyota being issued the 06 series along with us.

Cheers!!!
Old 19th April 2014, 15:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi mate, Best wishes for the car. In the exclusive edition the best thing that I have noticed from your review is the the detachable front head rests. As compared to the integrated ones in prior Etios models this one looks alot better.

The earlier Etios came with these type of headrests (pic cross posted from integrated headrest thread by mints21) Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...er-choice.html

Letty - My Toyota Etios G Xclusive Edition-photo-1.jpg

A review written with good observational skills.

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 15:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations for your new car
Wish you many happy miles with the "Letty".
Enjoy the ride and drive safe.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 16:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Hi mate, Best wishes for the car.
Thank you ad3952n for your best wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
In the exclusive edition the best thing that I have noticed from your review is the the detachable front head rests. As compared to the integrated ones in prior Etios models this one looks alot better.
I agree, that the front headrests are good looking. One small point, the removable headrests are standard in the new Etios starting from G edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Many congratulations for your new car
Wish you many happy miles with the "Letty".
Enjoy the ride and drive safe.
Thank you Sommos

P.S: A friend pointed out that I forgot to use muti quote feature in my recent post. It was an honest mistake. Moderators kindly do the needful. I have used the feature in this post.

Last edited by Apple Master : 19th April 2014 at 16:58.
Old 19th April 2014, 18:54   #23
BHPian

A great review. The new colour is really stunning and is sure to be a hit. I didn't know that even the G version comes with so many things in the xclusive edition. However, I still feel that you should have gone for the G version, just for the superb ABS braking that Toyota has.
Regarding maintenance, this is a superb car, and maintenance is ridiculously cheap. You can join the "Smile" scheme to get more out of Toyota service.
I am very happy with Topsel Toyota service since I bought my Liva from them in August 2012.
Enjoy years of ownership with this lovely car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Master View Post
Letty was registered at Kasba PVD which is a new PVD office in Kolkata. Topsel Toyota near Kasba/ Ruby Hospital is doing all their New car Registrations from this Kasba PVD. I have seen other cars delivered from Toyota being issued the 06 series along with us.
I didn't know this. This is good news. Beltola is always so crowded and this new PVD should be peaceful!
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 19:25   #24
BHPian

Thank you subratasenn for sharing your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
You can join the "Smile" scheme to get more out of Toyota service.
Am already enjoying the benefits of "smile" pack. Got 50% discount an a car wash I performed a week ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
I didn't know this. This is good news. Beltola is always so crowded and this new PVD should be peaceful!
Yes that's true, the Kasba PVD is opposite Ruby Hospital on E.M. Bypass in a CSTC Building. It took us only 30 mins to get our HSRP installed at Kasba Affixing Station.
Old 19th April 2014, 19:52   #25

Congratulations on your first car! Though most don't like the etios duo I really like them. I hope you enjoy years of happiness from her.
The seat covers look wonderful. How much did they cost?

P.S Do you stay anywhere near lake town?
tupai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 23:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupai View Post
The seat covers look wonderful. How much did they cost? P.S Do you stay anywhere near lake town?
Thank you @tupai.

The Dolphin Seat covers cost Rs. 7500
No I don't stay near Lake Town. My house is near Patuli. Where do you stay?

I assume you ask this because there is branch of Deco world at Lake Town. But I went to the Chinar park branch of Deco World near Rajarhat.
Old 20th April 2014, 05:46   #27
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations Apple Master on your new acquisition. You've got yourself one heck of a damn practical no-nonsense and spacious sedan with the etios. I've been in the etios of bhpian Samba for more than just a few times and can vouch for the utterly fuss free way in which this car delivers. Don't fret over the mileage it will increase as you clock more kms on the odo;infact if the car is kept within it's correct revv band then it can give pretty okay mileage for a petrol sedan(Come to think about it hatchback like i10 older generation have been badmouthed for returning 12kmpl in city in that regard I guess the mileage you're getting is okayish ). The etios is one of the more FTD car in it's segment thanks to the newly redesigned suspension and I for one can vouch for it thanks to a 500kms long trip and have faced near zero fatigue in the etios. Keep driving and you'll discover quite a few surprisingly likeable things about the etios. And that's a beautiful colour you've got yourself for your first car.

I stay at airport and have got most of the works done on my car from Deco World,Rajarhat. Would say that they're decently knowledgeable about their job and even I recommed them for the jobs you've got done from them but do ensure that they don't try to splice wires as they if the job is a bit difficult tend to cut corners. And I've spotted your etios on a couple of ocassions mostly on weekends in and around ruby area. Do you pass by that place often. We'll meet soon one of these days at some meet or on the road I guess.
tacho9000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 06:46   #28
BHPian

Thank You tacho9000, glad that you liked it . Samba was talking about you the other night over phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
I stay at airport and have got most of the works done on my car from Deco World,Rajarhat. Would say that they're decently knowledgeable about their job and even I recommed them for the jobs you've got done from them but do ensure that they don't try to splice wires as they if the job is a bit difficult tend to cut corners.
During our fittings at Deco World, I closely observed what they were doing, and they did a satisfactory work. Asked them the procedure to install rear speakers, inquired whether any wires will be spliced? They explained me the process and said there is no need to cut wires. As of now I don't have any plans to install the rear speakers, but if in future I do install them, will keep your advice in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
And I've spotted your etios on a couple of ocassions mostly on weekends in and around ruby area. Do you pass by that place often. We'll meet soon one of these days at some meet or on the road I guess.
Wow!!!That is exciting, you have seen me and I had no idea .
Yes I usually go for a drive in the mornings when I'm free, from Patuli to Ruby or beyond then back to home. I go in those drives just to enjoy the driving in Etios and nothing else. And God knows how much I love the FTD of Etios.
It might not me possible for me to meet at the upcoming T-BHP short meet that Samba asked me to join. But I hope to meet you guys soon.

Last edited by Apple Master : 20th April 2014 at 07:14.
Old 20th April 2014, 23:48   #29
BHPian

Regarding rear speaker I had enquired at two different dealerships in my city surprisingly both had contradicting suggestions.

Wasan toyota said you cannot install rear speaker even if I get it done through them.

Millennium toyota said that i can get it installed from them and it won't void any warranty.

In other case I had directly emailed to Toyota India enquiring for speedometer that comes with tachometer.

Toyota technical person from Bangalore called me to inform any kind of modification with tachometer even if dealers agree would void warranty from toyota.

After that even the dealer called me to informed that they cannot make any changes to speedometer.

Well I was not at all disappointed as I am thinking of buying OBD2 from eBay as discussed in team bhp.

Last edited by driving_smartly : 20th April 2014 at 23:58.
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 00:37   #30
BHPian

Experience of 1st Service and a subsequent Car Wash

1st Service

I was savoring this juicy bit for later. So after one month of ownership my mandatory 1st service was scheduled for 9th Feb, 2014. Went to Topsel Toyota at the appointed time. They did all the general check-ups at the service area which was, if I'm correct, on 5th floor and did the car wash on ground floor. Saw the technicians receive a reprimand for not opening the wheel caps for cleaning. However, after the scolding they did the needful.

In the meantime enquired about the Smiles pack at the service desk. Paid Rs.1300 and got enrolled to the ‘Smiles Toyota Service Value Pack’ valid for one year. Some of the salient features of this pack are:
  • 50% discount on General Repair Labour
  • 50% discount on Car Wash
  • 50% discount on Wheel Alignment
  • 50% discount on Wheel Balancing/ Tyre Rotation
'Smiles Pack' Brochure

Letty - My Toyota Etios G Xclusive Edition-smiles-cover-50-50.jpg

Letty - My Toyota Etios G Xclusive Edition-smiles-1-50-50.jpg

Letty - My Toyota Etios G Xclusive Edition-smiles-2-50-50.jpg

Letty - My Toyota Etios G Xclusive Edition-smiles-3-50-50.jpg

It took a long time but when everything was over I was called to check and approve of their work. Went and started checking the exterior, immediately saw one wheel cap having abrasion. Notified the lady in charge of the 1st servicing process, she gave a look like I was lying. She called the officer who supervised the car wash. He came and categorically denied that they had nothing to do with it. I was angry, tried to argue but he could not be convinced that the abrasion happed during servicing and stated that I could check video recording. Didn’t have time for all that, so left the service centre fuming. Later gave a piece of my mind to Toyota call-person who took feedback on the service experience.

So that was my bitter 1st service experience.

Car Wash

I was unwilling to go after what happened during my first experience but Dad said we better utilize the ‘smile’ pack, or else it will be a loss. Took Letty for a car wash at the service centre on 14th April, 2014 at noon. Asked the person, who came to check the car, to clearly note down all the glitches that happened to the car. This time I warned them that I will not hesitate to report to service manager if any incident were to happen this time. The guy promptly noted down everything in detail, and our car was sent to car wash.

Regarding the paint job, first we asked the service person about the possible options. He said they can do a brush work with water colour on both the affected places but the paint will come off on washing. Unsatisfied, we went to the body and paint section. I was at the desk asking for an appointment when Dad met our friendly neighbour who works in Toyota. Talked to him about the problem and he said we have got nothing to worry about, he will get the job done. Made some phone calls and told us everything was arranged and the affected portions will we completely painted. He asked us to go home have lunch and return at around 4pm to take the car, by which time the paint job and the car wash will be over. We agreed to this arrangement. Our house is half hour distance from Topsel Toyota. Had a delicious meal, took a power nap and returned to the service centre to admire the paint job. Viola, Letty was as good as new sans the minor abrasion in one of the wheel caps which was still there, though not visible from a distance. The front corner protector was completely spray painted and the minor scuff was painted with good quality water colour, one that will not come off after washing. I was elated to say the least. Toyota earned my respect back. Expressed our heartfelt gratitude to our lovely neighbour, without whom this would not have been possible.

I believe I made the right call to select Toyota as my brand, despite having mixed experience on two counts.

Last edited by Apple Master : 21st April 2014 at 00:39.

Most Viewed