Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:17   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Autobiography of a Mahindra XUV500 - Satin White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bird View Post
I know this is coming in pretty late sir , however my Official congratulations on Tbhp. Wishing you more smiles per miles. Now i need to get back to reading all the write ups of yours which I have opened up in the subsequent tabs.
Thanks Blue Bird for your kind words. Shall convey to Mr D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
these days I'm just reading threads and just living on. This is a very nice way of expressing something. Absolutely brilliant and I loved the composition of the snaps. I love the alloys on the Figo; They're similar to that of the Punto Scorpione.
Thanks rav11stars.
Those alloys in Figo were procured from Tyrex at Kochi in 2012.
Cost - Rs 14 k for a set of four inclusive of all charges
Old 23rd January 2015, 18:37   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

As I had mentioned in the previous page, Mr D had taken me to Coorg last monsoon.
The lazy bone didn't bother to pen in the travelogue and I had to do it again.
My bad that I forgot to update the link here :

Then, towards the end of December, Mr D relocated to Vizag- log, stock and barrel.
As expected, it was again me, who had to pen in the travel report :

On other news, I am nearing 20,000 Kms.
However, I don't see the service schedule coming up too soon as Mr D is out of station with work.
He will return back somewhere in March, I was told.

So, for the next one and half months, I am gonna have only the shadows within the garage for my company.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 00:22   #93
Senior - BHPian

hey Dhanush, I am looking at a used XUV which is Oct 13 manufactured, any way to tell if the car has all the suspension updates incorporated or not?
Old 6th March 2015, 14:47   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
hey Dhanush, I am looking at a used XUV which is Oct 13 manufactured, any way to tell if the car has all the suspension updates incorporated or not?
The best bet would be to check up the servicing schedule on the system.
Else, an experienced mechanic of Mahindra would also be able to help.
Be careful. October 13 is when the changes started to get materialised.
Be doubly sure before commiting
dhanushmenon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 23:25   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

50k servicing done!

Completed the 50k servicing and I rolled in back to the garage of Mr D today. The service was done at 48823 odo since I was anyway taken in for a small body shop work for the broken door handle on the left front door.

Mr D has been complaining much lately of the less air flow force from the blowers. As was suspected, my AC filter was all clogged up and dusty. Replaced the filters as part of the 50k servicing schedule.
Mr D was also welcomed to a "AIRBAGs Malfunction" sign the day prior I was taken to the service centre. As it turns out, the clock spring had gone kaput and had to be replaced. Cost of the unit, including labour was around Rs 2800.
Total bill for servicing was Rs 6997/-.

I have been complaining for long that my tyres can't get any more shoddier. Hardly any sole left and I do not get any confidence at all on a high speed run on the highway. Probably, he too isn't having much confidence on his driving skills with the bald tyre; he isn't pushing my limits these days on empty stretches. Have already eaten his ears, head and whatever left of his hair pestering for change of tyre. He went to a tyre shop too. But as soon as he realised that four tyres would set him back by Rs 50k, there was no sign of Mr D, his tail nor his sniff.
Oh Lord! May sense prevail on him soon.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 23:16   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been a long haul. To be precise 49938 kms of treading along with stock appollos. The edges of the tyres had worn off and Mr D squeezed out to the last bits till he could see the reflection of his shining baldness on its smoothness (well, almost)
Though bordering 50 k on tyre mileage might not be an impressive record, provided that I had bore a lot of brunt during the travels to Tawang and Jalori pass, this was respectable. The Appollos served me well I would say. On all the five tyres together, we have had less than 8 punctures at most (that I could recollect in my rusted brain). It left us stranded once during our journey to Tawang, in the middle of nowhere, amidst falling snow, coolant freezing cold and with no mobile connectivity. Even then, the Stepney was full and functional. Only that Mr D the moron couldn't muster enough energy to get the nuts removed in time after all the jolts I went through in the unforgiving roads there. Thanks to an Army gypsy which Mr D managed to stop, we were saved the embarrassment and frozen nostrils that day.

So, after much research, expert advice, phone calls, Google advice and procrastination later, Mr D shifted to the trusted Bridgestones last week. Cost per tyre Rs 13250. Yeah, it did cost a bomb! Mr D had never contemplated that my shoes would cost more than half a lakh. However, a well worthy investment I guess.

I am back again to the confident driving mode. Braking now really inspires a lot of confidence and trust. Wishing myself more happy miles

Autobiography of a Mahindra XUV500 - Satin White-img_20170621_154929.jpg
dhanushmenon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 16:02   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Au Revoir Five oh oh!

It's been incredible and it's been the most memorable.
I can't thank you enough.
For the fun, the adventure and the adrenaline. For the chill at snow covered mountain passes, the gush of the wind on a drive in beach, the effortless cruising on highway tarmacs, the tryst with black ice and even the punctures on the most desolate locations.

For penning stories for Mr D whilst also being humble without throwing tantrums. For the effortless ownership and hassle-free maintenance.
For introducing us to the Himalayas. For being the trustworthy steed on highway runs and twisties alike. For being relentless and tame at the same time.
For all that you were and for all that you still are, I can't thank you enough.

We will miss you; and you will leave a void in us forever more.
It's been incredible and it's been the most memorable.

Au Revoir

Autobiography of a Mahindra XUV500 - Satin White-img_20240416_135127.jpg

Autobiography of a Mahindra XUV500 - Satin White-img_20240416_135207.jpg

Autobiography of a Mahindra XUV500 - Satin White-img_20240416_135217.jpg

And the parting shot!
Off she goes, with a chunk of our hearts and leaving with us abundance of wonderful memories.

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 16th April 2024 at 16:03.
dhanushmenon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 15:05   #98
BHPian

So long Five oh-oh!!

Mr D will miss you - he had really cherished all if the times and trips you guys went on together.

I have only travelled in you a very few times, but they were all on days where we had bucketloads of fun.

Hoping you will be equally loved in your new home!!
Old 18th April 2024, 17:17   #99
BHPian

Curious to know what new car is taking it's place?
vividhavasthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 21:16   #100
BHPian

I recently parted ways with my 17 year old Alto so I can feel to the bottom of my heart how difficult it is so say good bye to your beloved machine.
Old 19th April 2024, 09:18   #101
BHPian

Hi Dhanush - I am in a similar situation. Mine is a May 2014 XUV and very soon coming upon its 10-year anniversary. The itch to replace it is there. But then there are so many memories associated with it that neither I nor the family is able to entertain the thought of another car in its place! I am still thinking about what to do!

I saw in your earlier posts that your kids with super young and looks like they grew up with the car! Very cute!

What is taking the place of the XUV?
Old 19th April 2024, 12:32   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividhavasthi View Post
Curious to know what new car is taking it's place?
99% sure it's going to be the XUV700

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks