Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2014, 10:04   #31
BHPian

re: Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Thanks, btw That makes are cars twins

Just for your info , there are only 2 race blue Octavias in NCR, one mine, other yours, and also according to the dealer, there are only 2 race blue TSis in the country right now; feels a bit special doesn't it.
Sure it does! However, I believe there is at least one more race blue Octavia in Gurgaon that I have seen on the roads here (ambition variant though, and I guess TDI).
Old 28th April 2014, 10:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)

Congratulations Abhinav on returning to the Skoda fold. The car is a stunner in my eyes ever since I first saw it in Paris and leaked it on Teambhp. And to top it off is the gem of a 1.8TSI engine. Only issue I see is the DQ200 transmission which is notorious on Teambhp as you must already be aware. I hope Skoda has sorted out the issue once and for all with this hearbox and made it more compliant to Indian conditions.

I wish you have many years filled with enjoyment with especially the 1.8 TSI. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Cheers...
Old 28th April 2014, 13:33   #33
BHPian

Congratulations Abhinav on your new Octy. Looks stunning in the race blue shade. Here's wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car !

Cheers
Old 28th April 2014, 13:43   #34
BHPian

May congratulations, Abhinav. The Octy certainly looks the part in Blue. So, whats the tally of supporters rooting for this shade ?

Any mods planned in the future? How about giving a thought to upsizing the rims (not necessarily now but, maybe, some years down the line)? You have the perfect shade however, just the right rims will set the roads on fire every time you roll on the streets in this beauty!

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 28th April 2014 at 13:47.
Old 28th April 2014, 16:57   #35
BHPian

Re: More Mods and Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
3D Mats ( Has anyone got this done yet? I can't find a good quality exact measurement set; I do not wish to go for the Universal one )
Congratulations on the Octy and the superb ownership thread. Answer to your query is as below along with the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3419606

I decided on the 3M Nomad mats as against the 3D Kagu Mats.

1. Durability: The 3M mats seem built to last. The driver side mat at the heel may be subjected to more wear and tear. From what I can see, they can easily last ~ 3 years. The 3D Kagu mats are more appealing aesthetically, but the 3M ones do the job better. Case in example being a rainy day in NCR. When you sit inside the car which has lets say 3D Kagu mats and your boots are soiled with slush, then the mats will get dirty and it will show. On a 3M mat, the slush will seep through and collate at the base leaving the top with a relatively pristine appearance.

2. Does the job required: Please refer the example quoted above

3. Easy to clean: I personally found the 3M easy to clean. They need to be pulled out from the car, and then can be washed with regular water and then you can tap the rear of the mat against the wall to remove grime or dirt or you can use high pressure water as well. The same approach can be followed for the 3D Kagu mats as well. However, a liquid spill will show more prominently on the 3D as against the 3M.

4. Looks: The 3D looks better hands down, but the 3M does the job better. Also, the 3M store in Gurgaon do a great job of ensuring the right fit. Fairly precise based on my experience.

5. Of course value for money: It cost me 3510/- for 3M Nomad mats for my 2014 Verna as against ~ 6500/- for the 3D Kagu, though the Star 3D mats are available for ~ 3500/-, but forum reviews suggest that they don't really match up to the 3D Kagu mats in terms of fit and finish.

Note: I have no affiliation with 3M or 3D Kagu or 3D Star Mats and the above opinion is my own without bias.
Old 28th April 2014, 16:57   #36
BHPian

Nice car, Wish you miles of happiness, There is a really cool feature that can be activated on the car, which is the automatic closing of windows and sunroof when the car is turned off and rain is detected by the rain sensor. Do check it out.
Old 28th April 2014, 18:42   #37
BHPian

Congrats abi, if this is not a 5* thread from a crazy autoholic I don't know what is. Please post us about the updated mileage you are putting on it and well wish you all the best in your wife getting the legend out of the running period asap.
I would like to know your thinking in going for sunfilm. All the best and remain truly in love with both 'paris'
Old 28th April 2014, 19:50   #38
BHPian

Many congratulations Abhinav.

Do post some interior pics as well of this beauty. Am currently sitting on the fence contemplating my next car as my Honda City Exi is now turning 6 and feel that a change is inevitable.

Happy driving.
Old 28th April 2014, 20:47   #39
BHPian

Many many congratulations to you on your new purchase. The color BLUE just looks fantastic and sporty and the sporty 1.8L engine compliments the color like non other.
Old 28th April 2014, 22:16   #40
BHPian

Congratulations on your acquisition. That beauty is drop dead gorgeous! and IMO, the best color for a car like that.

As a fellow bhp-ian, i'd llike to give you one advice though. That blue color is one of the toughest (if not THE toughest) to maintain. Please make sure that it's cleaned carefully and detailed every now and then to maintain that shine! We have a torque blue swift at home and its really a pain to keep it neat and shining. Moreover swirls are easily visible in this color . But then, once it is cleaned, the color shines like no other. Just the best treat to the eyes!

Wishing you miles of smiles in your new car (or should i call her "neel pari"?)
Old 28th April 2014, 22:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Couple of years back, I was reading ownership threads on the Octavia vRS and I clearly remember reading about your laal pari. I really like the Octavia vRS, I was hoping to own one pre-owned in my early 20's, but alas I doubt that would ever materialise since the newest examples are 8 years old now. I agree with you, it looked spectacular in yellow.
Good to see a repeat Skoda customer. A really good friend of mine had a mark 1 Octavia and replaced it with a Laura, he swears by Skoda.
I would have thought the Elantra and Octavia are dimensionally similar?
Congratulations on your new car, drive safe!
The race blue colour really stands out

I have definitely seen one of your cars then, probably manu's since he is in Gurgaon.

Thanks Promit , Manu's car has been spotted ofter in gurgaon my many others as well. Seems that he is on the show-off run all the time (Just Kidding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
Sure it does! However, I believe there is at least one more race blue Octavia in Gurgaon that I have seen on the roads here (ambition variant though, and I guess TDI).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Heh not really. I spotted one in the race blue shade, a week back here in Surat. Looks absolutely gorgeous! If Skoda can keep one in that shade for display in the dealership, I bet they will lure a lot of prospective customers.

Congrats on your ride! Drive safe.
My dealer may be just buttering me with this information in that case , or maybe he is as in the dark as us about the sale figure colour wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congratulations Abhinav on returning to the Skoda fold. The car is a stunner in my eyes ever since I first saw it in Paris and leaked it on Teambhp. And to top it off is the gem of a 1.8TSI engine. Only issue I see is the DQ200 transmission which is notorious on Teambhp as you must already be aware. I hope Skoda has sorted out the issue once and for all with this hearbox and made it more compliant to Indian conditions.

I wish you have many years filled with enjoyment with especially the 1.8 TSI. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am. Cheers...
I hope that the gearbox reliability doesn't pop up an issue now. The gearbox however is a gem to drive around with. Thanks for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations Abhinav on your new Octy. Looks stunning in the race blue shade. Here's wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car !

Cheers
Thank you for your wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
May congratulations, Abhinav. The Octy certainly looks the part in Blue. So, whats the tally of supporters rooting for this shade ?

Any mods planned in the future? How about giving a thought to upsizing the rims (not necessarily now but, maybe, some years down the line)? You have the perfect shade however, just the right rims will set the roads on fire every time you roll on the streets in this beauty!

-Shivang Gandotra
The upsize is an option only after the car is about to use up its first set of tyres. ( that too is not a surety as yet, just an option)

Thanks for the wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigH View Post
Congratulations on the Octy and the superb ownership thread. Answer to your query is as below along with the link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3419606

I decided on the 3M Nomad mats as against the 3D Kagu Mats.
The 3M Nomad is out of my option list, not a big fan of it. Budget ain't an issue. I have used 3D kagu before in my elantra, my question should have been more clear, it was about 3D Kagu or similar for the Octavia as I couldn't find one for the new octavia yet.

Thanks for the suggestions and the wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milu2fast View Post
Congrats abi, if this is not a 5* thread from a crazy autoholic I don't know what is. Please post us about the updated mileage you are putting on it and well wish you all the best in your wife getting the legend out of the running period asap.
I would like to know your thinking in going for sunfilm. All the best and remain truly in love with both 'paris'
I shall keep you posted. The car is parked somewhere as we speak and I hope to get it back from there on the coming sunday and then it shall be at home permanently. The running would not be much as it will be used by my wife on weekdays and my me on saturday evening and sunday and the seldom night runs around town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plimsollmark View Post
Many congratulations Abhinav.

Do post some interior pics as well of this beauty. Am currently sitting on the fence contemplating my next car as my Honda City Exi is now turning 6 and feel that a change is inevitable.

Happy driving.
I shall post interior pics as soon as i get my hands on it on the coming sunday. You should probably start a thread in the what-car section to help in the buying process if you are confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Many many congratulations to you on your new purchase. The color BLUE just looks fantastic and sporty and the sporty 1.8L engine compliments the color like non other.
Thanks Mate. Congrats on your Octavia too, any plans to start a thread for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik51094 View Post
Congratulations on your acquisition. That beauty is drop dead gorgeous! and IMO, the best color for a car like that.

As a fellow bhp-ian, i'd llike to give you one advice though. That blue color is one of the toughest (if not THE toughest) to maintain. Please make sure that it's cleaned carefully and detailed every now and then to maintain that shine! We have a torque blue swift at home and its really a pain to keep it neat and shining. Moreover swirls are easily visible in this color . But then, once it is cleaned, the color shines like no other. Just the best treat to the eyes!

Wishing you miles of smiles in your new car (or should i call her "neel pari"?)
I shall keep that in the mind. Thanks for the advice and the wishes.

Neeli Pari would have been the perfect successor name to the Laal Pari however I would rather call it the Blue Beast as of now
Old 29th April 2014, 08:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

What a relief it is to see your initial ownership log. It is diesel dazzle everywhere. Petrol has been forgotten. I will admit that today's modern diesels are getting dangerously close to gasoline car performance. Still; nothing beats the joy of gunning a gasoline car, even better, a turbo charged one.

You've picked up the best petrol head car from the segment. A car that delivers pure driving pleasure that is unmatched by several cars sitting above as well.

When I saw the blue shade, the first thing I thought was, is this a new vRs edition Skoda have quietly launched. It has been a while a true vRs edition has come from Skoda India. I don't consider the previous generation Laura vRs special. Looked more a badge job than anything else.

Excellent choice for your new car.
Old 29th April 2014, 09:03   #43
BHPian

Hello,
Guys the perfect upgrade from the Octavia VRs Mk1 would have been the new Octavia VRs Mk3, with its 2L TFSI petrol and 220 horses would have been brilliant.
Any idea if Skoda has any concrete plans to launch this model in India? Anyone with insider info ..please share
i just wish they launch the new VRs with manual gear shifts
Old 29th April 2014, 10:27   #44
BHPian

Hi Abhinav,

First of all congratulation and now the fact of the matter is that I really envy you and your Car.

This Car from its generation last, had been on my buying list but larger love for SUVs and need to travel very bad road played heavy on me.
This version of Octavia is cracker of the product and would surely have one day.
Old 29th April 2014, 11:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy ! Was pleasantly surprised to see the pics on FB , good choice. The color looks fab and after the famous laal pari you cannot name her anything except Neeli pari.
Post more pics.
Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks