Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2014, 23:19   #46
BHPian

re: Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
3D Kagu Mats
You may want to look at the star 3D mats from Sai Mag Wheels, though I have read user feedback that they are not as great as Kagu, but might be worth a dekko.
Old 29th April 2014, 23:44   #47
BHPian

re: Race Blue Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSi Elegance DSG - Now with Paddle Shifts (pg 5)

Congrats Abhinav! She looks stunnning in blue! Wish you miles of safe and trouble free ownership You can check the www.carmatsindia.com for the floor mats. I have recently got mine, 3D star rubber mats. Pretty decent quality for the price being charged.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 29th April 2014 at 23:46.
Old 30th April 2014, 00:01   #48
gemi_kk

Let me be the first to congratulate you. oops, i am not the first anymore :(

After reading many owner ship threads, I started to skim over many paragraphs.

But your's is truly amazing. Short, simple, clean and well presented. Almost read all the text without knowing. i mean i didn't fee bored even after reading so much. Well presented with lovely photographs.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 30th April 2014 at 00:03.

Old 30th April 2014, 00:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
What a relief it is to see your initial ownership log. It is diesel dazzle everywhere. Petrol has been forgotten. I will admit that today's modern diesels are getting dangerously close to gasoline car performance. Still; nothing beats the joy of gunning a gasoline car, even better, a turbo charged one.

You've picked up the best petrol head car from the segment. A car that delivers pure driving pleasure that is unmatched by several cars sitting above as well.

When I saw the blue shade, the first thing I thought was, is this a new vRs edition Skoda have quietly launched. It has been a while a true vRs edition has come from Skoda India. I don't consider the previous generation Laura vRs special. Looked more a badge job than anything else.

Excellent choice for your new car.
Thanks, indeed the Laura vRS wasn't a proper vRS. This was the reason which did not make me wait for the vRS for the current model and I wouldn't be disappointed even if a proper vRS comes up sooner or later, pretty much satisfied with the power et all on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Hello,
Guys the perfect upgrade from the Octavia VRs Mk1 would have been the new Octavia VRs Mk3, with its 2L TFSI petrol and 220 horses would have been brilliant.
Any idea if Skoda has any concrete plans to launch this model in India? Anyone with insider info ..please share
i just wish they launch the new VRs with manual gear shifts
I know, but this ain't bad for starters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi Abhinav,

First of all congratulation and now the fact of the matter is that I really envy you and your Car.

This Car from its generation last, had been on my buying list but larger love for SUVs and need to travel very bad road played heavy on me.
This version of Octavia is cracker of the product and would surely have one day.
Thanks for the wishes !

Well, to each his own, my travel never needs an SUV otherwise the fortuner tops my wish list since 2006. ( even before it was launched in India). All the best for your endeavour towards the Octavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Congrats buddy ! Was pleasantly surprised to see the pics on FB , good choice. The color looks fab and after the famous laal pari you cannot name her anything except Neeli pari.
Post more pics.
Cheers.
Thanks Bro. I know the Laal Pari was famous and that makes it more difficult to not name this the Neeli Pari. Let me think more about it.
Will post more pics. See you soon. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigH View Post
You may want to look at the star 3D mats from Sai Mag Wheels, though I have read user feedback that they are not as great as Kagu, but might be worth a dekko.
Contacted them, they dont have any set for the New Octavia yet ( were pestering me to put up Laura mats on the car, I hung up the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Congrats Abhinav! She looks stunnning in blue! Wish you miles of safe and trouble free ownership. You can check the www.carmatsindia.com for the floor mats. I have recently got mine, 3D star rubber mats. Pretty decent quality for the price being charged.
Thanks for the wishes. Checked it already. Reply in this post itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you. oops, i am not the first anymore :(

After reading many owner ship threads, I started to skim over many paragraphs.

But your's is truly amazing. Short, simple, clean and well presented. Almost read all the text without knowing. i mean i didn't fee bored even after reading so much. Well presented with lovely photographs.
Glad you liked the thread that you read the entire bit of it ( That's the reason, I kept the thread the way it is )

Thanks for the wishes too !

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2014 at 19:25. Reason: Removing extra smileys
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2014, 16:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mate. Congrats on your Octavia too, any plans to start a thread for the same?
Yup really looking forward to write one. Lets see when time permits, between I am simply in love with your car's color man.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2014 at 19:20. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 30th April 2014, 22:31   #51
BHPian

Hey man... congrats on the car. It was great to meet you at autopsyche the other day. One beauty of a car you hve.
Old 30th April 2014, 23:33   #52
BHPian

Congrats abhinav. Neat and classy looking car. My personal choice would have been black. Please post pics of ur car with DRLS ON. Showcases shear elegance when lights are on!!!!
Old 1st May 2014, 09:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! The car looks classy in that blue colour. What I like about this brand the most is that right from the base Fabia & Rapid to the top end Superb, every car has brilliant interiors that are very neatly put together and instantly look & feel very premium. The feel-good factor once you sit inside a Skoda; is excellent, and you will feel as though you are sitting inside a 40L rupee sedan. I really hope that Skoda has sorted out issues with their DSG box; and also more importantly their after sales. These two issues are what makes me wary of the Skoda brand however.

Enjoy your new car and drive safe!
Old 1st May 2014, 17:15   #54
BHPian

Congratulations on the Lal Pari replacement!! Great review, helps me make up my mind as I am looking at retiring my ageing Octavia.
Old 2nd May 2014, 23:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay89 View Post
Yup really looking forward to write one. Lets see when time permits, between I am simply in love with your car's color man.
Thanks Mate ! Awaiting your write-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Hey man... congrats on the car. It was great to meet you at autopsyche the other day. One beauty of a car you hve.
It was great to meet you too sir. Your words that day made me fell more in love with the car. And also sorry for stealing your right on the Race Blue Colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdraj View Post
Congrats abhinav. Neat and classy looking car. My personal choice would have been black. Please post pics of ur car with DRLS ON. Showcases shear elegance when lights are on!!!!
Thanks. My choice initially was the black however dad said NO, and now, I have no regrets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats! The car looks classy in that blue colour. What I like about this brand the most is that right from the base Fabia & Rapid to the top end Superb, every car has brilliant interiors that are very neatly put together and instantly look & feel very premium. The feel-good factor once you sit inside a Skoda; is excellent, and you will feel as though you are sitting inside a 40L rupee sedan. I really hope that Skoda has sorted out issues with their DSG box; and also more importantly their after sales. These two issues are what makes me wary of the Skoda brand however.

Enjoy your new car and drive safe!
Thanks for the wishes.

Truely agree to each and every word you wrote there. I hope so too that the DSG and aftersales are being sorted out ( though I haven't faced any after sales problems as yet during my previous Skoda ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Congratulations on the Lal Pari replacement!! Great review, helps me make up my mind as I am looking at retiring my ageing Octavia.
Thanks. I would be honoured if this would help you in making up your mind to continue with the Legend Legacy in your garage.
Old 3rd May 2014, 19:13   #56
BHPian

Congratulations buddy. The blue shade looks real classy. It's great to see the ownership thread and maybe I could piggyback onto yours. I just haven't managed finding the time to compile my ownership thread and I don't see myself having time in the near future either.

Have completed around 1500 Kms now in mine and it's been pretty hassle free though I'm looking forward to taking it out to the highway. All these Kms are being raked up in the city and my city has some of the worst roads around.
Been giving me 12kmpl but mines a diesel.

Even I contemplated changing the tyres in mine but my tyre guy told me that the michelins would only be marginally better and I have found the stock good years to be pretty silent even in triple digit speeds. Pirelli though I didn't really check out.
The accessories I got with the car were luckily for me free of cost and included the mud flaps the body cover and the USB cable.

Unfortunately I already have a beauty mark on my front bumper where an overtaking motorcyclist nicked it from the left while overtaking from the wrong side.
Old 5th May 2014, 23:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
Congratulations buddy. The blue shade looks real classy. It's great to see the ownership thread and maybe I could piggyback onto yours. I just haven't managed finding the time to compile my ownership thread and I don't see myself having time in the near future either.

Have completed around 1500 Kms now in mine and it's been pretty hassle free though I'm looking forward to taking it out to the highway. All these Kms are being raked up in the city and my city has some of the worst roads around.
Been giving me 12kmpl but mines a diesel.

Even I contemplated changing the tyres in mine but my tyre guy told me that the michelins would only be marginally better and I have found the stock good years to be pretty silent even in triple digit speeds. Pirelli though I didn't really check out.
The accessories I got with the car were luckily for me free of cost and included the mud flaps the body cover and the USB cable.

Unfortunately I already have a beauty mark on my front bumper where an overtaking motorcyclist nicked it from the left while overtaking from the wrong side.
Thanks Buddy. It would be great to experience your ownership (through a thread that is :)

12 kmpl is good keeping in mind the roads you are explaining. Is yours the Auto or the Manual.

I have never been a fan of the Good Years ( I don't know why Skoda is hell bent on using them always despite the fact that internationally it comes with Pirellis if I am not wrong). That said, to each his own. It is good that you are happy with them.

As for the accessory, i did not get any however I did manage to squeeze out discounts on the name of cheaper insurance and EMIs from the market ( though that wasn't the case ).

Kudos to you for extracting the accessories

Sorry to hear about the mishap. The beauty mark must be pinching and must be running on the back of your mind every now and then ( at least that's what happens to me when something similar happens to me).
Old 11th May 2014, 10:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

I don't know how I missed it, but better late than never.

The fact that the dealer states than the insurance would not be possible if the insurance is obtained from the market did ring the bell once in my mind.

However for the peace of mind, I did go in for the insurance from the dealer itself.

On the day of the delivery, I asked my SA about the extended warranty. I was quoted 14xxx for the same. It made me think, how can the extended warranty be 46xxx for the Jetta and 14xxx for the octavia. He cleared my doubt saying, that Skoda Auto does not provide extended warranty. The warranty being offered is through the insurance company, hence the clause of getting the car insured from their insurance desk.

I happily paid 14xxx (extended to a total of 4 years 80000 kms now) on clarifying the clauses of the same. The extended warranty papers would come in after the original insurance cover note arrives.

My car hasn't been registered yet. I wanted to know, how long can one drive the car on Temp Registeration plates without the cops playing spoil sport? Any pointers?

Update : Finally got my Neeli Pari :lol home this week ( it had been parked at a relative's farm for some personal reason)

Have driven about 350 kms now. Will update more initial driving reports in the coming week.
Old 15th May 2014, 13:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi Abhinav,

Are 3D Kagu of Maxpider mats available in Delhi? I tried a set which was originally for the new Jetta, but obviously the driver side mat doesn't fit as good, given the absence of an Organ-type accelerator pedal. I am constantly after my accessories supplier in Ahmedabad, he says that they haven't been produced yet! Can you believe it? Its already mid-May and soon rains will start. Before that I need the mats. If not then I will have to go for 3M Nomads.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 15th May 2014 at 13:12. Reason: adding content
Old 15th May 2014, 13:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Hi Abhinav,

Are 3D Kagu of Maxpider mats available in Delhi? I tried a set which was originally for the new Jetta, but obviously the driver side mat doesn't fit as good, given the absence of an Organ-type accelerator pedal. I am constantly after my accessories supplier in Ahmedabad, he says that they haven't been produced yet! Can you believe it? Its already mid-May and soon rains will start. Before that I need the mats. If not then I will have to go for 3M Nomads.
I had a talk with Hot Tracks yesterday. They say that they are expecting their 1st consignment to arrive somewhere in the 1st half of June.

Will be priced somewhere close to 8 grand, however I feel they are totally worth the price.

I have told a person there to keep me updated about the same. I shall update you as soon as I get some concrete information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks