Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2014, 09:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Congrats mate for your brand new Sunny. A no non-sense car.
Hope you have evaluated the facelift & about any tangible upgrades in it.
Thanks dude.

Regarding the facelift, there are both positive & negative changes.
+ Leather wrapped steering wheel with a good looking & audio controls
+ USB & BTHF
+ Minor change in Interiors
- Head lamp is bigger (little more than expected)
- Fancy alloy wheel design (personal opinion, current design is more elegant)
- Definitely will be priced a little premium over the current version

For the USB & BTHF, leather wrapped steering wheel I'm planning to use the parts from Renault Scala RxZ variant (should do a little research on wiring part)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Congratulations Mr. Boss
Nice and crisp review. The seat covers colour combination, fit and finish is really nice.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Saw Philips 100/90 H4 bulbs along with relay kit in one of the picture, were they instant update after delivery or stock light was so bad that you had upgrade the bulbs?
Definitely not a blind / immediate upgrade. Tried the OE bulbs on both City as well as highway drives and not very much satisfied for highway use (nothing much to complain, but an upgrade will make things better) Wiring was done very much professionally.

Quote:
I am sure your driving skills must be equally good to extract impressive FE for a new vehicle
hehehe... got used to the habit of try extracting as much as possible.
Old 12th May 2014, 10:46   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Covered a little less than 2k km in 9 days. FE figures are awesome and very much excited seeing such values in MID (Actual FE by tank-fill method is around 7% less than MID value)
Maintaining 1800~2500 rpm, 100% AC, 2 on board with almost full boot for highway drives.

30:70 City / Highway drive
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-slide2.jpg

10:90 City / Highway drive
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-slide3.jpg

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 12th May 2014 at 10:47.
Old 12th May 2014, 10:49   #18

Congrats Boss !
You said rear seat comfort was one of the priority and knowing that underthigh support was poor, did you compromise on this priority ?
This is also the main reason why I will always drop the Sunny out of my list.
Also noticed that nissan give poor underthigh support for micra and ( if I recollect well ), the middle row seats in Duster as well.
Carafooz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 15:20   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carafooz View Post
You said rear seat comfort was one of the priority and knowing that underthigh support was poor, did you compromise on this priority ?
Just stretch the legs, and nothing much to complain about the thigh support. Parents are pretty happy & satisfied now and that is what I wanted.
Old 14th May 2014, 16:51   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking to upgrade the Fog lamps (stock ones are useless)
Preferably a projector set-up. Any suggestion guys?
Old 14th May 2014, 19:43   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Sir on your caaaar ! Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on your new ride.

I must say that it was a good decision on your part to chose the XV over the XL. Yes the XL has all the safety bells and whistles but a few useful features like adjustable (rake/reach) steering and height adjustable driver seat generally come only in the top variants and if a car has multiple users/drivers this are must have features IMO

Cheers
Old 14th May 2014, 20:21   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations Sir on your caaaar ! Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on your new ride.

I must say that it was a good decision on your part to chose the XV over the XL. Yes the XL has all the safety bells and whistles but a few useful features like adjustable (rake/reach) steering and height adjustable driver seat generally come only in the top variants and if a car has multiple users/drivers this are must have features IMO
Thanks man.
Incase of Sunny, even XL variant gets steering adjustment and seat height adjustment too. And I will be the only driver, so none of these adjustments will get affected often.
PS: Difference between XV & XL variant is Alloy wheels, i-key, power folding mirrors, fog lamps, etc.
Old 14th May 2014, 20:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Thanks man.
Incase of Sunny, even XL variant gets steering adjustment and seat height adjustment too. And I will be the only driver, so none of these adjustments will get affected often.
PS: Difference between XV & XL variant is Alloy wheels, i-key, power folding mirrors, fog lamps, etc.
I did not have any idea as to what Nissan provides in the XL v the XV variants. My statement was more in a general context where most sub-10 lakh cars have these features missing from all other than the top variant.
I should have been more specific as you had already mentioned the differences upfront in your review
Old 3rd June 2014, 13:05   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dislikes:

- Braking
This is something which needs a lot of improvement in Sunny (there is a considerable improvement w.r.t initial batch of Sunnys, but definitely not upto the mark / at-par with the competitors) For sure the stopping distance is almost same as competitors, but the level of confidence on brakes until the vehicle halts is a big question mark.
After covering 2k+ km I could feel a little improvement in braking (may be due to pad bedding or I got used to it )
Old 5th June 2014, 17:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Changed the OE antenna to a shorter one (from Hyundai) Posting the snap of shorter antenna and a comparison against stock antenna.
Attached Thumbnails
This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-img_3670.jpg  

This summer, I'm blessed with a Nissan Sunny XV Diesel. 5 years / 70k km update-img_3669.jpg  

Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 19:21   #26
BHPian

Congratulations for the new ride! Its a fairly recent vehicle and if there would have been decent used ones selling, this would have been on the top of my list, even above the City.

Wanted to know if such antenna replacement would work for my City ZX since you owned one before? The antenna is ridiculously long.
Old 6th June 2014, 22:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Wanted to know if such antenna replacement would work for my City ZX since you owned one before? The antenna is ridiculously long.
Yes, possible. Just unscrew your current antenna and fix the shorter one.
To have OE look, you may consider the one from NHC ZX vtec (visit my ownership review for reference snaps)

Please be informed, the FM reception will deteriorate with shorter antenna (outside the city limit) which I'm sacrificing for the looks and the other reason is, out of city drives I normally use CDs / AUX, so least bothered about FM
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 09:19   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

2 months & 4000+ km update

Covered 4200km with a little less than 200 lit of diesel For the first 3000km I maintained 2500 rpm and maximum speed 110kmph. After that gradually stretched the speed during the last highway run.

Now I could add more points to the initial review.
- Engine is free revving till 3500 rpm
- more than sufficient torque is available after 1600 rpm (nothing much to complain below that)
- Body roll is little more than expected and after driving 4k km I / we got used to it
- Braking performance improved a lot after 2k km
- Tire noise is something irritating at 100kmph+
- Best FE: 22.41kmpl (Coimbatore - Chennai highway drive at 110kmph)
- Worst FE: 18.66kmpl (Tirupur - Munnar trip + some city driving inside Coimbatore)
- Both the above FE figures are calculated by Tank-full method & driven with 100% AC.
Old 1st July 2014, 13:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
2 months & 4000+ km update

Covered 4200km with a little less than 200 lit of diesel For the first 3000km I maintained 2500 rpm and maximum speed 110kmph. After that gradually stretched the speed during the last highway run.

Now I could add more points to the initial review.
- Engine is free revving till 3500 rpm
- more than sufficient torque is available after 1600 rpm (nothing much to complain below that)
- Body roll is little more than expected and after driving 4k km I / we got used to it
- Braking performance improved a lot after 2k km
- Tire noise is something irritating at 100kmph+
- Best FE: 22.41kmpl (Coimbatore - Chennai highway drive at 110kmph)
- Worst FE: 18.66kmpl (Tirupur - Munnar trip + some city driving inside Coimbatore)
- Both the above FE figures are calculated by Tank-full method & driven with 100% AC.
Great going! Nice review. Keep posting. Thanks for the pains taken.
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:12   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Covered 5k+ km in 3 months
Should have crossed 7k km mark by now. Unfortunately I have taken my colleagues's car for the last trip to my hometown (Coimbatore) to get it accessorized.

I don't have anything major to complain about the car. Quite happy with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks