Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 14:24   #16
BHPian

Re: My Audi A6 3.0 TDI V6 Quattro – Mystique Black Beauty

Congrats Rishi, am happy for you :-)

Been following your threads from your Palio/Petra days... enjoy the ride!
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 14:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Congrats Rishi, am happy for you :-)

Been following your threads from your Palio/Petra days... enjoy the ride!
Thanks AirWind. Appreciate all the good wishes of friends like you.
Old 16th June 2014, 18:06   #18

Stunning looking car there mate. Audi should have at least started the 3.0L TDI lineup with Premium+ features available on the 2.0L TDI. I am also quite surprised by the fuel efficiency that you are obtaining. My 2 month old A6 is only giving me 10 in the city and 15 on the highway . I am on comfort mode most of the time.
pgrcrazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrcrazy View Post
Stunning looking car there mate. Audi should have at least started the 3.0L TDI lineup with Premium+ features available on the 2.0L TDI. I am also quite surprised by the fuel efficiency that you are obtaining. My 2 month old A6 is only giving me 10 in the city and 15 on the highway . I am on comfort mode most of the time.
Bro, I feel FE is all about how we treat accelerator. 15 on highway is good, so I am assuming FE of 10 in city is either due to bumper-to-bumper traffic or due to short runs. If you do short 5-7 KMs runs than 10 should be expected.

I checked with service advisor and he confirmed that quite a few 3.0 owners have experienced better FE than 2.0, it may be attributed to better fuel managment on 6 cylinder engines.

Nevertheless, I never bought my V6 for mileage. I am waiting for it to cross 1500 KMs so that I may enjoy the 6 cylinder V6
Old 24th June 2014, 11:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Now how did i manage to miss this thread all this while ??? What a buy !! Congratulations !
I agree, the A6 3 diesel is quite rare but i still manage to see a few of them in Mumbai. I happen to drive an A4 3.0 TDi for the last 4 years and iv just managed to catch 1 more on the roads in all this while. I can imagine the fun you might be having with that cream of an engine , i have the same one !

They have tweaked the engine slightly before putting it into the A6 so its lighter and torque kicks in a little earlier (IIRC) and its visible in performance. The A6, inspite of being much bigger in size still has an identical 0-100 time to my smaller A4 & from the efficiency figures youv put up its returning better figures than mine ! Must admit i am pretty shocked you missed out on a better music system and SAT NAV .
Last i heard navigation was standard on the V6 models so was a Bose music system. I was lucky to have a 15-speaker Bang&Olufsen system standard in my car .Anyway, keep the thread updated frequently id love to keep track of your thrills with the car. Congrats again and enjoy !

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 24th June 2014 at 11:59.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 12:07   #21
BHPian

Great choice Rishi, amazing car and a proven head turner.

Wish you many happy miles.

Cheers,
Vinay
yaniv14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 17:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Now how did i manage to miss this thread all this while ??? What a buy !! Congratulations !
I agree, the A6 3 diesel is quite rare but i still manage to see a few of them in Mumbai. I happen to drive an A4 3.0 TDi for the last 4 years and iv just managed to catch 1 more on the roads in all this while. I can imagine the fun you might be having with that cream of an engine , i have the same one !

They have tweaked the engine slightly before putting it into the A6 so its lighter and torque kicks in a little earlier (IIRC) and its visible in performance. The A6, inspite of being much bigger in size still has an identical 0-100 time to my smaller A4 & from the efficiency figures youv put up its returning better figures than mine ! Must admit i am pretty shocked you missed out on a better music system and SAT NAV .
Last i heard navigation was standard on the V6 models so was a Bose music system. I was lucky to have a 15-speaker Bang&Olufsen system standard in my car .Anyway, keep the thread updated frequently id love to keep track of your thrills with the car. Congrats again and enjoy !
Thanks PlatzdaTurbo.

Bang&Olufsen! I envy you my friend . Unfortunately, there are a very few CBUs so I could not get choice. All were available in Premium version only (plus few add ons than vanilla Premium) but no Bose or Nav.

On Nav front I feel after market PNDs are much better because apart from high cost, these companies charge you a bomb for each map upgrade. On my BMW they have asked for INR 20K as "discounted price" for update!!

I ordered a Garmin 52LM (5 inch screen) with lifetime free map updates for India. I also ordered a capdase racer vent mount
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Capdase-Car-A...ht_2620wt_1037 and am quite impressed with the quality of this mount.

Bose and B&O kits are available as add on from UK dealer and I was planning to pick one on one of my trip but unfortunately Audi India is not supporting with install and subsequent coding. So for the time being I will live with Audi 11 speaker system which honestly is as good as Bose system in my wife's BMW.

Have you tried racechip? This is one thing on my mind which I will try at some point of time.

I did read on various forums regarding oil sipping by 3.0 TDI engine, have you experienced any?

Do you have an ownership thread here which I may follow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaniv14 View Post
Great choice Rishi, amazing car and a proven head turner.

Wish you many happy miles.

Cheers,
Vinay
Thanks a ton Vinay.

Last edited by rishi_kapoor : 24th June 2014 at 17:40. Reason: spelling
Old 24th June 2014, 21:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Thanks PlatzdaTurbo.

Bang&Olufsen! I envy you my friend . Unfortunately, there are a very few CBUs so I could not get choice. All were available in Premium version only (plus few add ons than vanilla Premium) but no Bose or Nav.

On Nav front I feel after market PNDs are much better because apart from high cost, these companies charge you a bomb for each map upgrade. On my BMW they have asked for INR 20K as "discounted price" for update!!

I ordered a Garmin 52LM (5 inch screen) with lifetime free map updates for India. I also ordered a capdase racer vent mount
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Capdase-Car-A...ht_2620wt_1037 and am quite impressed with the quality of this mount.

Bose and B&O kits are available as add on from UK dealer and I was planning to pick one on one of my trip but unfortunately Audi India is not supporting with install and subsequent coding. So for the time being I will live with Audi 11 speaker system which honestly is as good as Bose system in my wife's BMW.

Have you tried racechip? This is one thing on my mind which I will try at some point of time.

I did read on various forums regarding oil sipping by 3.0 TDI engine, have you experienced any?

Racechip...man i cant tell you how many times iv pondered over the idea (bluefin) but each time have stopped just short of it. I have just not felt the need for the additional power. Trust me when i say this, VERY few cars (maybe even none) this side of RS/M/AMG will keep up or get past you ! Having said that i certainly havnt ruled out racechips in future.

Oil sipping ? Long story short , in 4+ years and 50k+ on the odo NOT EVEN ONCE !

Link to my thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...4-3-0-tdi.html

I cant tell you just how happy i am with this beauty. 4 years and counting and she has given me absolutely NO issues. TOUCHWOOD !

Sincerely hope your ownership is as hassle-free and enjoyable.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 24th June 2014 at 21:03.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 10:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Racechip...man i cant tell you how many times iv pondered over the idea (bluefin) but each time have stopped just short of it. I have just not felt the need for the additional power. Trust me when i say this, VERY few cars (maybe even none) this side of RS/M/AMG will keep up or get past you ! Having said that i certainly havnt ruled out racechips in future.

Oil sipping ? Long story short , in 4+ years and 50k+ on the odo NOT EVEN ONCE !

Link to my thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...4-3-0-tdi.html

I cant tell you just how happy i am with this beauty. 4 years and counting and she has given me absolutely NO issues. TOUCHWOOD !

Sincerely hope your ownership is as hassle-free and enjoyable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Thanks PlatzdaTurbo.

Thanks a ton Vinay.
Hi!

I've been looking to get a pre-owned A6 3.0 Quattro for myself and test drove a couple of cars. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on what I should be looking at with regards to problem areas since you'll have owned one for a while.
Is the air suspension something that I should be worried about? Are they known to fail? Is there anything else that I should look out for?

Thank you!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks