Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2014, 14:49   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Congratulations mate! Octavia indeed is the hallmark of what a D1 segment sedan should be. Can you provide the on-road cost of the car and did you get any special deals for the insurance or loan amount?
Thanks. I did not get any discounts. Took insurance from dealer bcoz I need extended warranty, did transfer my 50% NCB to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSUDA View Post
Hi B747, I bought mine from Tafe Hosur Rd branch. So far service experience is very good. Mine is about 1yr+ old. Had been there first during some free summer camp check up & then 6 months general check up & 1st year service & in between for oil check up when I planned to go on a long high way journey. They were very good all these times. (touch wood) so far no single complaint from my Rapid. Driven about 8k thru' highway/ghats/bad roads etc..so far no complaints at all. I love every time I take her on highway. My city usage is very less.
Thanks, good to know that you are happy with the car and service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
You may want to check with Pete's detailing shop by contacting Mr. Shibin (9741422226). Refer the below link for more details.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...x-petes-2.html
I have recently done the smartwax treatment for my Laura TSI, quite impressed with the job.
Shibin is mostly having wrap options also. He is quite knowledgeable on Skoda/VW cars.
Thanks, I will check with them.
As of now I will not be going for any wax treatment as I use Collinite 845 and I am extremely happy with its durability.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:00   #17
BHPian

Re: The legend is back - My Skoda Octavia TDI Ambition (6-speed MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Thanks, I will check with them.
As of now I will not be going for any wax treatment as I use Collinite 845 and I am extremely happy with its durability.
With you! For the new car, you don't have to do that for sure. I had given the link only to give details of the Pete's shop. Shibin's Polo TSI (white color) has few black wraps done. It was looking good.
Old 14th May 2014, 15:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
With you! For the new car, you don't have to do that for sure. I had given the link only to give details of the Pete's shop. Shibin's Polo TSI (white color) has few black wraps done. It was looking good.
Yes black wraps I am definitely interested and will check with them. Thanks.
Old 15th May 2014, 21:23   #19
BHPian

Today went to Tafe Access Hosur road service center for the first free checkup at 7500kms. This is just a checkup together with all filter cleaning and washing. Booked for service 3 days back and reached the place at around 9.30am, completed some paper works and service adviser collected the car and promised delivery by 4.30pm. Only complaint from my side was a slight tick tick sound when the driver side OVRM is opened.
Did not get any call from the gentleman so called him at around 4pm and he said car is now in the washing bay and will be ready in 15 mins. Reached the place by 5pm and found that it has not been taken for washing, another 1hr of waiting and finally the gentleman said it is ready.(after the usual sorry and blaming power failure for the delay)
I was expecting a sparkling white car with super clean tyres blackened with some tyre polish but what I see is a white car with lot of dirt in the body esp in all the doors (inside), interiors contain some hand marks and a long pen mark in the seat. Called the gentleman and showed all these, he called the cleaning guys and instructed them to clean all these. Only good thing is that OVRM sound is gone as he said it is lubricated now.
Overall I am not satisfied with the service;delay in delivery and not properly washed.
Skoda owners please suggest a good service center in Bangalore.

Last edited by B747 : 15th May 2014 at 21:25.
Old 15th May 2014, 21:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Skoda owners please suggest a good service center in Bangalore.
Sad to hear of your experience but with Skoda service,delays are normal and may have been a genuine case of power failure too. It doesn't explain the shoddy cleaning though.

I'd suggest you try Vinayak service at Srirampura or KR Puram, we've been with them since 2008 and the experience has been good overall barring a few incidents of delay.
Old 15th May 2014, 21:31   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Sad to hear of your experience but with Skoda service,delays are normal and may have been a genuine case of power failure too. It doesn't explain the shoddy cleaning though.

I'd suggest you try Vinayak service at Srirampura or KR Puram, we've been with them since 2008 and the experience has been good overall barring a few incidents of delay.
Yes I am ok with slight delays, but it shoddy wash is never acceptable.
Heard good comments about Vinayak at KR Puram from many Skoda owners so next I will try those guys.

Last edited by B747 : 15th May 2014 at 21:33.
Old 21st May 2014, 08:45   #22
BHPian

Another good mileage figures, for a 640+ kms of drive with average speed of 92km/hr mileage is 16.9kmpl.
Attached Thumbnails
The legend is back - My Skoda Octavia TDI Ambition (6-speed MT)-1400642252886.jpg  

B747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 09:26   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another good mileage figures, for a 640+ kms of drive with average speed of 92km/hr mileage is 16.9kmpl.
Wow that's a phenomenal average (both speed and mileage). I regularly average about 90 to 95 kph on my drives to Belgaum in my Laura TSI and the mileage I get is around 10.xx to 11.xx. Just shows how efficient the TDI motor is when compared to the petrols.

Btw what is the engine RPM at 100 kph in 6th gear?

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 21st May 2014 at 09:29.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 13:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Wow that's a phenomenal average (both speed and mileage). I regularly average about 90 to 95 kph on my drives to Belgaum in my Laura TSI and the mileage I get is around 10.xx to 11.xx. Just shows how efficient the TDI motor is when compared to the petrols.

Btw what is the engine RPM at 100 kph in 6th gear?
This on a drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum via Madurai route which is a superb 6 lane highway with lots of toll. Traffic is usually less and hence the avg speed and mileage is good.
Yes TDI is very efficient and mileage figures vary a lot based on how heavy is the right foot. Light right foot driving will give near 20kmpl.

At 100km/hr speed RPM will be around 1600.
Old 23rd May 2014, 06:53   #25
BHPian

Is it possible to install TPMS in Ambition variant? As I understand in Skoda TPMS works based on ABS sensors and only a software update is needed for the same. Contacted vagtune and they are yet to get back. Experts opinion please.
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to install TPMS in Ambition variant? As I understand in Skoda TPMS works based on ABS sensors and only a software update is needed for the same. Contacted vagtune and they are yet to get back. Experts opinion please.
It is available on their website, however it does not mention Octavia 5E specifically, but my guess is it should work. However it ain't worth the 58000 they have quoted on their website.
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:32   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
It is available on their website, however it does not mention Octavia 5E specifically, but my guess is it should work. However it ain't worth the 58000 they have quoted on their website.
58k? Definitely not worth it. I guess thats with wheel pressure sensor but in Octy it uses the ABS sensors for understanding the pressure variations and hence it is only a software update(read this in some international site). Anyways waiting for them to get back.
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:37   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
58k? Definitely not worth it. I guess thats with wheel pressure sensor but in Octy it uses the ABS sensors for understanding the pressure variations and hence it is only a software update(read this in some international site). Anyways waiting for them to get back.
It will probably be a new switch (unless the Octy resets it from the head unit), and just software coding. Should be possible, check out briskoda.com if anyone has managed it someone on that site will know about it.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:42   #29
BHPian

Attached is a pic showing the automatic dimming feature of OVRMS, this one extremely useful feature at night as the headlight from the vehicle behind will not cause eye strain.

Normal mirror during day time
The legend is back - My Skoda Octavia TDI Ambition (6-speed MT)-1400818404078.jpg

How it looks at night
The legend is back - My Skoda Octavia TDI Ambition (6-speed MT)-1400818471833.jpg
B747 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 14:45   #30
BHPian

Hey man! Can you post a few pics of your head unit? I am looking to upgrade it as soon as Vitamin-M is stronger (Hopefully ownership thread will be up by then)
Few queries-
1) Is it a Bolero unit?
2) Is it compatible with the Jetta?
3) Will all the functionalities be available on my car?
4) How much can I expect it to cost?

Thanks in advance,
Regards,

Most Viewed