Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2014, 09:28   #16
BHPian

Re: My Pre-worshipped '11 Hyundai i10 AT (Thanks to Team-BHP Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Congratulations Akshay...
Hopefully the Canon activates today. And will bring the toy when I come to your office next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
I ordered ...
Thanks, OBD done. No ICE upgrades, will stick to stock for now. Tyres, perhaps after another 10k kms, since they are in very good condition so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Congratulations Akshay. Good choice. Your left knee must be thanking you!...
Yes it does buddy, yes it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Nice choice mate...
Finally, A small suggestion, Do use Nitrogen for the wheels. It enhances their life and reduces the chances of puncture....
AD
Nitrogen is already a debated topic for the tyres. I have a N2 pump, so I dont bother with the debate anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Good choice Akshay. Seems like i10 AT is becoming a favourite in the used car + second car category. Pics would do a lot more justice so please get out there and click some nice pics of the interiors / exteriors (any thread is incomplete with the pics)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Congratulations brother! i10 is a pocket rocket, manual or auto. Love it.
Contact cartman for a photoshoot, I will jump in too.
Waiting to spot you now.
Hopefully the Canon activates today. Cartman is my tame photoshop editor for now. Don't know his fees yet. Some say, he has petrol for tea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
Do note there is this small O/D switch on your gear lever to help you give an extra boost of power, that you may need while going up hill. This basically works as Sports mode in this car where it shifts the gears at high rpm thus enabling you to tackle the ghats with ease.

Have a detailed eye on your mileage as this car tends to dig a hole in your pocket. With best of my efforts, the maximum that I could extract from my pocket rocket is 11 kmpl, though haven't taken the car on the highway yet, these are city medium traffic figures.
I am aware of the O/D feature, not needed it so far, since the ECU update made the car very peppy. Mileage is a moot point, I was aware of this pre purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats and ...
Quick question, the mileage posted is that with 100% a/c and in Mumbai city?
I have sent you a PM with the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What was the final price you paid ?
Why blame the Broker? He is doing his job to earn money to feed his family.
Total price including all expenses is slightly upwards of 3.5 Lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Congrats ....
I dont think the steering is better than the Polo TSi. However, we have a polo or two among the Mumbai group, will give it a try and let you know. As mentioned above, the tyres are not a priority for now, since they are in good nick. Instead, I plan to source used OEM H alloys from the CST Road market, and then consider new tyres. First preference would be Michelin XM2.
Old 11th June 2014, 16:48   #17
BHPian

While I update with clean pictures, something else I wanted to share with fellow Hyundai Automatic Transmission vehicle owners:

This came out of a brief discussion with Nilesh (NSS)

http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...Petrol-23.aspx

I have attached a screenshot of the link as per the content on it today. If it gets updated or removed, we would still have access to the original data therein for posterity.

Also, do look at http://www.customercare.hyundai.co.i...itives-24.aspx for the recommended additives. This is an amazing list!
Attached Thumbnails
My Pre-worshipped '11 Hyundai i10 AT (Thanks to Team-BHP Mumbai)-i10-auto-transmission-oil.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by latentpotential : 11th June 2014 at 16:53. Reason: Word
Old 14th October 2014, 09:24   #18
BHPian

My i10 got zonked by a biker at high speed.

This was within the adage "maximum accidents happen near home", this accident of sorts happened at the gate. (Link: http://www.calculateme.com/car-insur...nts-happen.htm )

While I was waiting for the security staff to open the gate, a young chap (14-16 years) zoomed right into the i10 front. No brakes.

At 11 PM in the night, with lights on, I was surprised he didnt see the car or react to swerve or brake. On asking, he did not know how to use the brakes. He was 'learning' to drive the bike. At 80 kmph or so.

Since the boy was from the nearby slums, got his father and spoke to him. Realised that they wont be able to give more than 1k or so (yup, they are that poor, the bike was 'borrowed' from a neighbour of theirs who had no clue, side story there).

I could have filed an FIR or NC, but that would have meant the kid would have been put in to remand for driving without license, reckless driving, damage to property (twice) and would have been behind some bars with hardened criminals for company. Not a good situation to be in at that age, and it could have put him on the wrong path in life. Gave him a stern talking to, used the local shiv sainik guy to do the same to him.

Damages:

1. Front Bumper: 3500
2. Front Grill: 750
3. Bonnet Dent Removal: 1000
4. Bumper Paint: 2000
5. Bonnet Paint: 2000
6: Horn: 500 (Will change the horn to non Hyundai now - Bosch/ Minda)

Insurance? You may very well ask. The damage is visibly such that it indicates a bike hit and cannot be passed off as anything else. Will need a FIR or NC, that may lead to the above mentioned possibility. So, not going for it.
Old 14th October 2014, 10:47   #19
BHPian

Latent, good call. Congrats on the purchase. In some ways, its a good thing about the dent. Now the car is really yours! :-)

Am impressed by the way you have handled the purchase as well as the incident. Shows both tolerance and maturity. Well done indeed.

Just curious about the insurance - cant we claim the insurance as self damage, in which case there are really no questions asked? Even in the case of FIR; the other bike has no insurance - so it is your own insurance company which will pay, and the no-claim bonus will be gone in that case too. So, why not claim the insurance?
Old 14th October 2014, 11:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Latent, good call. Congrats on the purchase. In some ways, its a good thing about the dent. Now the car is really yours! :-)

Am impressed by the way you have handled the purchase as well as the incident. Shows both tolerance and maturity. Well done indeed.

Just curious about the insurance - cant we claim the insurance as self damage, in which case there are really no questions asked? Even in the case of FIR; the other bike has no insurance - so it is your own insurance company which will pay, and the no-claim bonus will be gone in that case too. So, why not claim the insurance?
Insurance has the aspect mentioned earlier which could potentially impact the kid, don't want to take that chance. The bonnet has a clear head shaped dent in it where the kid bounced off, and there is paint scraped on to the car at places (red). Basically any insurance surveyor will say its a bike hit, and take it into an angle of sorts - cops or money. Discussed with Hyundai ASC guy, and two FNGs. Now the work is being done at a FNG nearby. If his work is good, will put it up on the forum in the right section for Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks