BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Grand i10 1.2L Sportz - Unmatched Value

Glad to see the car growing on you.

Also, the car does have lane changing indicators mate. Three flashes
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 10:13   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nice update, the lane changing indicator is present requires a subtle but not a complete flick of the stalk. I guess the ac in Bangalore whether is quite sufficient as I am ending up putting the thermostat near the half way mark everyday.
motomaverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 11:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Also, the car does have lane changing indicators mate. Three flashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Nice update, the lane changing indicator is present requires a subtle but not a complete flick of the stalk.
So what I noticed is the left does have a smooth functioning of the lane changing indicator but the right side hesitates slightly, any more effort and the indicator switches on. The behaviour of the stalk operation got me confused .

Any of you guys are planning to get an armrest soon? I am very interested in the i20 like armrest. Any clue about whether it is possible to get that fitted in the Grand i10?
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
So what I noticed is the left does have a smooth functioning of the lane changing indicator but the right side hesitates slightly, any more effort and the indicator switches on. The behaviour of the stalk operation got me confused .

Any of you guys are planning to get an armrest soon? I am very interested in the i20 like armrest. Any clue about whether it is possible to get that fitted in the Grand i10?
How much is the i20 armrest, I was planning to put a universal armrest as in AT the left arm is always idle.
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much is the i20 armrest, I was planning to put a universal armrest as in AT the left arm is always idle.
Well, I haven't inquired yet. Will do so soon and will keep you posted. The only hitch with the aftermarket ones is that the plastic housing/ stand gets creaky and noisy at times. However, as you said the left arm does require support while driving and I might just get another aftermarket unit if the i20 one doesn't fit.
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:07   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I haven't inquired yet. Will do so soon and will keep you posted. The only hitch with the aftermarket ones is that the plastic housing/ stand gets creaky and noisy at times. However, as you said the left arm does require support while driving and I might just get another aftermarket unit if the i20 one doesn't fit.
Ok, do let me know once you inquire, but even the universal armrest works well if fitted properly. I had one in my Manza and even after the Leh trip the armrest was not creaking or squeaking. I can see one for 900 bucks here in Ebay
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

@S2.

At the start of the review, you felt like one disgruntled snob who is not happy with even one of the best hatches around!!

Also, the way the car was purchased(which happens to be a moment of pride and an affair to remember for most) was pretty disheartening.

Yet, the car slowly growing on you is a good sign. Keep her happy and she will keep you happy. Dont let the fact that you dont have a car you didnt like haunt you.

In life, there are many instances where some choices are made which is from the head and doesnt appeal to the heart. Just let it be and flow with the time.

It repairs everything, even a heart burn of a petrol head!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
@S2.

At the start of the review, you felt like one disgruntled snob who is not happy with even one of the best hatches around!!

Also, the way the car was purchased(which happens to be a moment of pride and an affair to remember for most) was pretty disheartening...

...It repairs everything, even a heart burn of a petrol head!!
Hey, I didn't realise that the initial posts seemed to give a negative/ snobbish impression to the readers till, I actually read it one more time. Well, yes as you rightly mentioned that the purchase process of a car is definitely an affair to remember but the circumstances were not right and neither was I prepared for a change at the time when I was literally in love with the basic yet so practical - Maruti Ritz.

Living with the Grand i10 has only changed my perception for the better and honestly, looking back at the time I was buying the car, the Grand did seem the best choice for me .
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:11   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I didn't realise that the initial posts seemed to give a negative/ snobbish impression to the readers till, I actually read it one more time.

Living with the Grand i10 has only changed my perception for the better and honestly, looking back at the time I was buying the car, the Grand did seem the best choice for me .
Alls well that ends well and for your case, the deal just became sweeter as you replaced a capable car with another one.

The Grand i10 is a great car and will give you many many years of stress free driving and at the end of it all, you are smiling!!
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 23:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

IIRC, you have installed 185/60 R14 tyres. I am planning to get the same for my Grand i10 diesel. My concern is tyre hitting body while turning, etc.
Have you faced any constraint after fitment of 185/60 R14 tyres ?

If I am getting good price in exchange of new tyres, would love to replace the original Amazer 3G tyres which came standard. My car has done 2500 kms. approx. I think my car's ride will become more silent after I get better tyres.
Wider tyres will help get a bit more confidence than current ones and additional grip is welcome.
Old 6th September 2014, 15:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
IIRC, you have installed 185/60 R14 tyres. I am planning to get the same for my Grand i10 diesel. My concern is tyre hitting body while turning, etc.
Have you faced any constraint after fitment of 185/60 R14 tyres ?

If I am getting good price in exchange of new tyres, would love to replace the original Amazer 3G tyres which came standard. My car has done 2500 kms. approx. I think my car's ride will become more silent after I get better tyres.
Wider tyres will help get a bit more confidence than current ones and additional grip is welcome.
Yes, I have installed 185/60 R14 Yokohama Earth1 tyres. Have driven almost 5000 kms till date and have never faced any scraping or tyre rubbing issue whatsoever (even during full locks). The wider tyres improve braking as well as cornering grip; also the wider tyres give the car a sportier profile.

The Yokohama Earth1s are a value for money buy but be warned, they are not as silent as Michelin XM2+ (both from personal experience).

Honestly, I don't think after driving for 2500 kms on your existing set of tyres, that you will get a good resale. Although there is no harm in trying. I'd suggest get new speakers and turn up the volume till these tyres wear out and then get a nice new replacement

Quote:
Ok, do let me know once you inquire, but even the universal armrest works well if fitted properly. I had one in my Manza and even after the Leh trip the armrest was not creaking or squeaking. I can see one for 900 bucks here
Sorry for the late update. Have purchased a universal arm rest (the one similar to the link you sent me). The only grouse is that it does not fold up and down. So I am not getting it fitted at the moment because even my parents use the car and they are not comfortable driving around with the arm rest down.

Last edited by S2!!! : 6th September 2014 at 15:58.
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 01:36   #42
BHPian

Thanks S2 for the review and congratulations on the new purchase!
Your review has now answered my query about your car being an AT!

My dad has been driving a Wagon R for the last 8 years now. After me getting the Polo Tsi, he`s mighty impressed with the AT. When it comes to the choices we have in the market today, with a non turbo petrol AT, we feel the i10 grand AT is the best bet for him, considering the not so long running and bizarre traffic scene in Pune today.
My only worry remains the steering issue you have mentioned. So will have to get a TD myself.
Very helpful review,more so with all the pics you have put out.

HR.
humbleroadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 14:27   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
The default speakers are quite good actually. The problem is that if you listen to bluetooth streamed audio from your phone OR FM, the quality takes a huge dip. Its a common issue across any Music system.

There is a setting for "Surround sound" or "Power bass" (I don't remember correctly) and individual control for Bass, Mid and Treble in the sound setup. In addition, putting the fader towards front (+1 or +2) - both these settings help improve the sound quality tremendously and at par with the OEM system of Swift and certainly better than that of Amaze. I personally did not find any reason to upgrade the system after tinkering with the settings.
Hi to all Grand i10 owners. This is my first post for Grand i10. I bought a new Grand i10 Asta (o) Petrol. The audio settings that you gave made my day .

What must be the settings (in numbers ) to keep for Bass, Mid and Treble. As of now, I kept all to 10 and fader to +2. Is this setting enough ?

Most Viewed