Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 11:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2L: My little black hatch

Hi Guys!

I am planning to book Grand i10 Asta for city use. But i came across the battery drain issue.

Is this issue still existing in 2015 models as well.

Kindly advice, Booking the car will be based on your advice.
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somashekar.B View Post
Hi Guys!

I am planning to book Grand i10 Asta for city use. But i came across the battery drain issue.

Hi Somashekar

I have recently booked a Grand i10 - when I checked with the SA on this point particularly, he said this had been rectified long back. Of course, this might not entirely be reliable since he was trying to push for a sale, but it could be true as well since this was a widely reported one.

And promit - congratulations (although about 1.5 years late) Your's and similar threads on the Grand i10 have helped me finalize on the car. Unfortunately for me, the black color is now stopped - if it was available, I would have immediately snapped it up.

Last edited by turboturtle : 22nd December 2015 at 16:35.
turboturtle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 11:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somashekar.B View Post
Hi Guys!

No drain issues on my car at all. Mine is a Sportz AT. In fact quite a few times I have forgotten to switch off the cabin light which was on manual mode but no issues next day morning in starting the car. Mine also has dual horns and upgraded 90/100 headlight with DRL. So yeah quite a few loads but no issues.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2015, 07:12   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
No drain issues on my car at all. Mine is a Sportz AT. In fact quite a few times I have forgotten to switch off the cabin light which was on manual mode but no issues next day morning in starting the car. Mine also has dual horns and upgraded 90/100 headlight with DRL. So yeah quite a few loads but no issues.
Thanks Motomaverick,

Glad to know that there are no battery issues.

I have taken the delivery of my Grand i10 Asta white. I have driven about 1000+ kms, as of now all is well. Currently getting a milage of around 12 - 13 kmpl in city with AC on full time.
Old 27th December 2015, 10:17   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. One thing I would like to point out ( I might be wrong) is that you cannot transfer NCB to an existing car but only on a new car. That is my understanding. Please get the same clarified.
Old 27th December 2015, 11:27   #36
BHPian

Excellent review Promit. Your dad has indeed made a wise decision by not shelling out 70k for a car that uses the same engine (Even though it's better). The 1.2L engine is also much better suited for the i10 rather than the i20 as it has to pull around more weight and the engine feels much happier in the i10. And Hyundai cars in black colour are just too hot. They look great and very Premium. The great engine also ensures that it's a great Cruiser and the nimble size is a good thing for City runs. Congrats again for your i10 buddy and wishing you loads of happy miles in it .
Old 1st September 2016, 16:29   #37
BHPian

I haven't update this thread since April 2015. So summarising the last 1.5 years of ownership.

Car has covered 18,000 kms in 29 months. Mileage has been 11-12 consistently. Did two small weekend road trips this year. Drove down to Jaipur in March and to Neemrana in July. For the Jaipur trip, I left very early in the morning on a weekday and got an average of 20 km/l. Almost began to think my fuel gauge got spoilt. My car's AC stopped working, was quickly diagnosed as a clogged air filter (I guess it was not replaced/cleaned during the previous service). Renewed my insurance for the third year this April, paid exactly the same amount as the previous year. I have Hyundai slip on seat cover's which I think I will remove. Yet to get an armrest.

The 2 year service which I had done in April at Safdarjang Hyundai was a sad one. The bumper guard (the plastic part which sits on the lip of the front bumper) wasn't in stock. Was promised a call back when they have the part. That call never came. I paid for waxing and there was wax smeared on the side windows. Would have almost paid 3k for synthetic oil vs 1k for regular oil had I not looked at the job card properly. My car drove better before the service than after the service. It was jerking at low speeds. Thankfully, it got okay on its own though. Having alignment, rotation and balancing done from outside every 6 months is well worth the time and effort. Highly recommend it. I do like to clip from time to time. Quite satisfied with the in city performance.

The colour is a bit hard to maintain, but I think it is worth it. Also, since the black colour was discontinued it is quite exclusive in Delhi-Gurgaon.

I have had no issues with the car so far. It is running well. Quite pleased with the car itself. A little disappointed in the service support.

A Creta is going to join my garage later this month. Really looking forward to that.
Old 3rd June 2017, 17:49   #38
BHPian

Completed three years with the car in April 2017. Odo stands at 22k kms. Mileage is 13 kms with AC. Paid 14.5K for insurance (Zero Dep) and Rs 7.5k for service (Excluding alignement, wheel balance & normal oil).
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 22:48   #39
BHPian

Hey promit. Your points about the pros and cons of the Gi10 are spot on. Do you still own the car?
Old 29th November 2022, 17:24   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKat View Post
Hey promit. Your points about the pros and cons of the Gi10 are spot on. Do you still own the car?
Hey thanks. Yup I still have it.
promit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 18:08   #41
BHPian

I sold the car today. Got over 50% of what I paid for it in 2014. Had clocked 55k kms in the last 8 years or so. Very pleasant ownership experience. The good folks at Professional Hyundai have taken good care of her in the last couple of years. Lucky will be the lady or gentleman who buys this These are couple of the last glimpses while handing it over earlier today.

Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2L: My little black hatch-img_4009.jpg

Hyundai Grand i10 Asta (O) 1.2L: My little black hatch-img_4005.jpg

Last edited by promit : 3rd December 2022 at 18:13.
promit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 13:48   #42
BHPian

Car looks smashing hot! I hope the current owner takes good care of it. By the way, what car are you planning to buy now? Or you already bought one?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks