Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2014, 10:18   #16
BHPian

Re: My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver

Are the steering mounted audio and cruise control buttons illuminated at night? I mean, are they backlit?
Old 17th June 2014, 11:15   #17
Geo
BHPian

Thanks turbodude.
I am hoping that ‘3M Paint Sealant Essential’ is going to do its work for at least the first 6 months.

Thanks a lot abhishek46. Underbody protection was around 3900/- including taxes. I am not aware of any under body sensor that can get blocked because of this I haven't heard of any incident where underbody coating has voided warranty, at least in India. Have you heard of any such incident? I think it is safe.

MaxTorque, Thanks. Small H was serving my needs when I got it and all along. Now I can afford a better one, and went for it. I like both To be frank, paint sealing wasn't in my to-do list. You can say I kind of gave in to their sales pitch. They gave a combo offer including this, and this wasn't crazily expensive. So I decided to go for it, right there. In fact, I had seen Neel's recommendation - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3403280

abhijitnallani,
They aren't backlit, but they are phosphorescent. So you can clearly see them in the dark.

Last edited by Geo : 17th June 2014 at 11:16.
Old 17th June 2014, 11:26   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the new City.

Did you get any info on the RFID tag? Are they using it for tracking cars when within the Honda dealerships for service etc., or is it a new government directive. I have always thought RFID could be a good tool for law enforcement agencies. So wondering if government is now enforcing it for all new vehicles, and will roll out the tracking mechanisms after a few years.
Old 17th June 2014, 20:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Congrats on the new City.

Did you get any info on the RFID tag? Are they using it for tracking cars when within the Honda dealerships for service etc., or is it a new government directive. I have always thought RFID could be a good tool for law enforcement agencies. So wondering if government is now enforcing it for all new vehicles, and will roll out the tracking mechanisms after a few years.
I am yet to see a CITY with an RFID in any of the showrooms that I visited (or outside - in Kerala). So I doubt if it is any legal obligation pan India. However I agree it could be a good tool for law enforcing agencies.
Old 17th June 2014, 21:04   #20
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitnallani View Post
Are the steering mounted audio and cruise control buttons illuminated at night? I mean, are they backlit?
I stand corrected abhijitnallani. It isn't phosphorescence. It comes on when the switch is on. It is very mild and not like it is illuminated. It looked more like phosphorescence to me so far. It is definitely lit, but not a glowing light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
I have no idea where it is getting used. I am going to check with them when I take the car for service. It is more like a stick on on top of the front windshield, as I have shown in the pic. It can easily be removed. I have left it there for the time being
Old 18th June 2014, 14:04   #21
BHPian

Congratulations Geo! A very Nice Initial Ownership Report indeed. Wish I could do something like that when I got my car delivered.

One of the problems that you mentioned was that the Gear tends to get stuck (Occasionally) while trying to engage the 2nd Gear and the Reverse gear. I too have experienced that same problem in my car for around 6 weeks from the delivery of my car. the Reverse Gear engagement problem did go away and for the past couple of weeks it hasn't cropped up again.

The 2nd gear still seems to be giving trouble, specially wile downshifting from 4th or 5th Gear. Although I bring down the speed to close to 30 (somewhere between 1500 to 2000 RPM for 2nd Gear) before I try to shift to 2nd Gear, the car just won't let me shift to the 2nd gear before coming down to 20-odd KMPH.

Can anybody shed some light on this?
Old 18th June 2014, 19:24   #22
BHPian

Gwo - Lovely new car; congratulations. I've been meaning to read up on the 4th gen City, and I'm glad you covered as much, Very thorough! Thanks for sharing.
Old 18th June 2014, 19:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!
Wishing you many miles of happy and safe driving on the City#

.NET Rocks, City Rocks

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 18th June 2014 at 20:03.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 07:50   #24
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Congratulations Geo! A very Nice Initial Ownership Report indeed. Wish I could do something like that when I got my car delivered.
Thanks tejas08. I was a little too busy with work around that time. When I am too busy at work, I manage to do many other things outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
The 2nd gear still seems to be giving trouble, specially while downshifting from 4th or 5th Gear. Although I bring down the speed to close to 30 (somewhere between 1500 to 2000 RPM for 2nd Gear) before I try to shift to 2nd Gear, the car just won't let me shift to the 2nd gear before coming down to 20-odd KMPH.
I first thought this was the problem that I was trying to downshift at higher speeds. I tried checking yesterday, and the downshift to 2 from 3 was difficult even at very slow speeds once or twice. This doesn't happen each time, some times the shift is smooth. But it happens more frequently than I am comfortable to ignore.

virtualdanger, Thanks for your kind words

vsrivatsa, Thanks
Yo, C# all the way...

Couple more observations - The power windows aren't that smooth when they reach the top. There is a jerk at the top. And a squeaky noise when I reach the top for rear right window.

The engine cold blue light comes on almost every day morning when I start the car, and stays on for a couple of minutes as I drive. It goes off after that and doesn't come back on. I saw it lit yesterday evening also, when I started the car from office. Went off after a couple of minutes. Should I be waiting at idle for the light to go off before I start driving?
Old 19th June 2014, 10:38   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Thanks tejas08. I was a little too busy with work around that time. When I am too busy at work, I manage to do many other things outside

I first thought this was the problem that I was trying to downshift at higher speeds. I tried checking yesterday, and the downshift to 2 from 3 was difficult even at very slow speeds once or twice. This doesn't happen each time, some times the shift is smooth. But it happens more frequently than I am comfortable to ignore.

virtualdanger, Thanks for your kind words

vsrivatsa, Thanks
Yo, C# all the way...

Couple more observations - The power windows aren't that smooth when they reach the top. There is a jerk at the top. And a squeaky noise when I reach the top for rear right window.

The engine cold blue light comes on almost every day morning when I start the car, and stays on for a couple of minutes as I drive. It goes off after that and doesn't come back on. I saw it lit yesterday evening also, when I started the car from office. Went off after a couple of minutes. Should I be waiting at idle for the light to go off before I start driving?

Honda gearboxes are known for their slick action, so really surprised that it is acting notchy while downshifting to 2nd. Might get a little slicker as the Km's pile on, but if it persists you might want to bleed the clutch to adjust the play, to ensure a fully disengaged clutch while shifting.

I get a jerk in my civic's front passenger window too, but that is after almost 8 years. It has been around for 2-3 years, and nothing serious, but since yours is a new car, you might want the mechanism looked into. Are you sure that when washing the car, the window sills are properly dried and water is not seeping in/left to dry on its own?

There is no need to wait at idle when the engine cold light is on. All it means is that the engine components and oil are not at the optimum temperature, so avoid flooring the pedal, revving the engine. Also since you are in Blr, i'd suggest turning on the AC only once this light goes away.

Wish you many happy miles with the car. TD'ed one recently and really liked it.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 10:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I am yet to see a CITY with an RFID in any of the showrooms that I visited (or outside - in Kerala). So I doubt if it is any legal obligation pan India. However I agree it could be a good tool for law enforcing agencies.
I have seen this RFID tag on a new Elantra as well. It appears that it is now mandatory for all manufacturers to put this tag on vehicles they manufacture. This was in Hyderabad. It is possible that people purchasing new cars are removing them out of ignorance.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 21:45   #27
BHPian

Congrats on the city. The current city in its petrol form is an excellent all rounder.
Old 20th June 2014, 06:47   #28
Geo
BHPian

Thanks bhuvan_prasad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Honda gearboxes are known for their slick action, so really surprised that it is acting notchy while downshifting to 2nd.
Yes, may be my expectations were a bit too high, but the gear shift hasn't been as great as I expected.

Quote:
Are you sure that when washing the car, the window sills are properly dried and water is not seeping in/left to dry on its own?
I just got the car a couple of weeks back, and I am sure excess water is wiped off.

Quote:
There is no need to wait at idle when the engine cold light is on. All it means is that the engine components and oil are not at the optimum temperature, so avoid flooring the pedal, revving the engine. Also since you are in Blr, i'd suggest turning on the AC only once this light goes away.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Congrats on the city. The current city in its petrol form is an excellent all rounder.
Yes, I guess so. It has been really good in the city. Need to figure out how it performs in a long drive.
Old 21st June 2014, 10:30   #29
BHPian

Nice review Geo and congratulations on your new ride. The City always looks good in silver. You cant go with silver as the choice of color.
Just a small Q, has Honda change the service intervals of this City to 10k kms ?

Wishing you thousands of happy and safe miles on this car.
Old 21st June 2014, 13:18   #30
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Just a small Q, has Honda change the service intervals of this City to 10k kms ?
Thanks a lot Baddychat. Yes, the recommended service interval is 10k kms and 6 months. Their claim is that they want to be in touch with their engines more often

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks