Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 13:31   #31
Geo
BHPian

Re: My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver

Did a check on the FE today. Had to take my car to Dakshin Honda for fixing bumper corner protector. So decided to use the elevated expressway from Electronic city and check the FE claims of Honda . Did a sedate driving at 60 kmpl throughout the expressway stretch, with A/C on and I was happy with the results. FE of 24.5 kmpl for an 8.5 km stretch (based on MID display)
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-dsc_0493.jpg

After coming out of the flyover, had moderate city traffic. Almost the same distance in city traffic and the FE figures dropped to 14.1 kmpl for an overall distance of 15.7 km.
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-dsc_0500.jpg
Geo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 19:26   #32
BHPian

Heartiest congratulations on your new beauty..

Hopefully I will too be joining the league of proud City owners soon.

The FE as per MID may not be dreadfully right..the closest you may reach is by tank full to tank full.

Do let us know the FE figures if you can.

Happy and safe driving!
Old 23rd June 2014, 16:55   #33

Congrats

Congratulations for the New Honda City. I too am eagerly waiting for my Honda city to arrive. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Old 24th June 2014, 15:07   #34
BHPian

From a fellow 2014 City petrol owner to another:
(1) Gear shift: I am having the exact same issues in 2nd gear on my V-MT petrol. Car is due for 2nd service next weekend so will ask them about it.
(2) Power windows: Noisy and jerkiness is an understatement! As GTO's initial review said, the door pads actually move outward to get the windows rolling down - LOL.
(3) RFID: It's there in new cars. My Dec-2013 Dzire also has it.
(4) Squeaks: My dashboard has started squeaking rather oddly. Hope to get it rectified in the 2nd service.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 15:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Thanks a lot Baddychat. Yes, the recommended service interval is 10k kms and 6 months. Their claim is that they want to be in touch with their engines more often
Not a bad thing. I own the previous gen City and the service intervals are 5k kms. Based on what you said Honda wants to be in touch with us on a quarterly basis
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 05:47   #36
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
(1) Gear shift: I am having the exact same issues in 2nd gear on my V-MT petrol. Car is due for 2nd service next weekend so will ask them about it.
I had to visit the dealer for something else, and asked this to the service executive. He started giving me the routine lecture that Honda gearboxes are of 'lock' type, they have gone in for safety, trying to avoid accidental gear shifts, so gear shifts will happen only in appropriate speeds etc etc. I tried explaining him that I notice this issue at various RPMs. He didn't seem to get it. I left it as I didn't have exact data points. Will mention this again during my first service. Please let me know if anything comes of your service visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
(2) Power windows: Noisy and jerkiness is an understatement! As GTO's initial review said, the door pads actually move outward to get the windows rolling down - LOL.
Again, I showed this too and the service executive explained that that is how Honda has designed it and it is the same in both windows and the same in all other cars ... Realizing that nothing much can be achieved by talking further, I left that too. As long as it works, I am okay with it now.
Old 26th June 2014, 21:58   #37
BHPian

Congratulations !! its a good car indeed. Awaiting your detailed ownership report on this car. Use Shell Petrol rather the Super indeed, it is really good and I have been getting a good mileage on full tank to full tank basis on my Baleno and Honda Accord. Be in a habit to use Shell from the beginning, you will make out the difference.

Last edited by Sunsh!nes : 26th June 2014 at 22:00. Reason: adding details.
Old 26th June 2014, 23:12   #38
BHPian

Hey Geo, Congratulations on the car! You have managed to get some excellent fuel figures. Silver suits the new honda city pretty much when compared to all the other colors. It's really elegant and elevates all the design curves of the car. Honda City silver for our first choice. However after waiting for four months and front able to get hold of the silver color we withdrew the booking. Any updates planned? Leather seats, Alloys wheels etc ?

Wish you miles of Happy and Safe Driving!
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 07:25   #39
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Congratulations !! its a good car indeed. Awaiting your detailed ownership report on this car. Use Shell Petrol rather the Super indeed, it is really good and I have been getting a good mileage on full tank to full tank basis on my Baleno and Honda Accord. Be in a habit to use Shell from the beginning, you will make out the difference.
Thanks Sunsh!nes. I really want to use Shell, but I have to go way out of my way to get to a Shell pump. Whenever I find on the way, I make sure I fill from Shell. But as you said, it has to be consistent to give a good result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hey Geo, Congratulations on the car! You have managed to get some excellent fuel figures. Silver suits the new honda city pretty much when compared to all the other colors. It's really elegant and elevates all the design curves of the car. Honda City silver for our first choice. However after waiting for four months and front able to get hold of the silver color we withdrew the booking. Any updates planned? Leather seats, Alloys wheels etc ?

Wish you miles of Happy and Safe Driving!
Thanks Amarendranath. Silver was available on stock here. Sad to see it not being available at your area. The stock seats is really comfortable and the material breaths well. So I am planning to stick to it for some time, till it gets dirty. Alloys also, not right away - only when I do a tire change, which again I am planning to delay for the time being.
Old 29th June 2014, 22:23   #40
Geo
BHPian

Back from a movie screening offered by Dakshin Honda, my dealer. They offered 2 movie tickets for Sunday afternoon show at Inox in Bangalore Centeral, JP Nagar. Felt nice to be involved in an activity by the dealer. Hoping that the connection stays positive.
Old 3rd July 2014, 19:01   #41
BHPian

Congratulations !

Could you share your feed back about using the cruise control ? You tried that when you were on the E-City fly over ?
Old 4th July 2014, 10:21   #42
Geo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlyak View Post
Congratulations !

Could you share your feed back about using the cruise control ? You tried that when you were on the E-City fly over ?
Thanks Ashly.

No, I haven't used cruise yet.
Geo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 06:49   #43
Geo
BHPian

Add-ons, so far

I had purchased only floor mats from the dealer as standard accessory. Skipped car cover as I am not planning to use that in the near future.
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-01floormat.jpg

Bumper corner protectors were added as extra accessories from the dealer. They didn't have the right colored ones available on the day of delivery and had to get them fixed a week later.
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0201bumcorprot.jpg
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0202bumcorprot.jpg

3M treatment

Underbody protection ‘3M Anti Corrosion’

‘3M Paint Sealant Essential’ treatment

Scotchgard Paint Protection Film on the door handles, door edges, scuff plate area and ORVM.

Door edges
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0301dooredge.jpg
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0302dooredge.jpg
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0303dooredge.jpg

Door handles and well
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0401handle.jpg
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0402handle.jpg
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0403handle.jpg

ORVM
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0502rv.jpg
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0503rv.jpg

Scuff plates
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0601cuffplate.jpg
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-0602cuffplate.jpg

Bill at 3M
My '14 Honda City SV-MT Petrol, Silver-117receipt.jpg

Last edited by Geo : 8th July 2014 at 06:52.
Old 8th July 2014, 13:55   #44
BHPian

Congratulations on the car mate, a brilliant choice indeed. The mileage figures that you are getting, are expected out of a Honda. I have been using the third generation Honda City for almost 2.5 years now, let me tell you, its a bliss to drive. A quick question though, you almost checked every car in the segment leaving the Vento. Any specific reasons for not checking out the Vento.

Last edited by sawnilrules : 8th July 2014 at 14:00. Reason: correction
Old 9th July 2014, 11:41   #45
Geo
BHPian

Thanks sawnil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawnilrules View Post
A quick question though, you almost checked every car in the segment leaving the Vento. Any specific reasons for not checking out the Vento.
I wasn't really convinced about Rapid in the first place, because of Skoda's reputation. I checked it primarily to make sure I have considered all options. I am not that rich to discard the price difference between Vento and Rapid

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks