Team-BHP - Bought a Pre-Loved '06 Honda City ZX iDSi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Bought a Pre-Loved '06 Honda City ZX iDSi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/151772-bought-pre-loved-06-honda-city-zx-idsi.html)

Please brace yourself for a long thread as most of it is the pre-buying experience which I think maybe useful for some looking to buy used car. I hope its in line with this section.

I am an owner of Tata Nano 2012 which I bought in July'12, one year after completing my graduation and a job. It served me well and still does, in fact, its clocked over 26,000 kms. on it from July'12 to June'14. But now, with me getting married and total five in the family it wasn't as comfortable for weekend drives or some long hauls. We started looking for a used sedan or a premium hatchback since Dec'13.

The requirement was a practical ride with no performance bells and whistles that can lug around 5 people with luggage comfortably even in hills without struggling much. Also, a sedate highway drive can be maintained at 90-100 kph cruising. Budget was around 3 - 3.5 lacs without any loan. It should be economical to maintain with minimal visits to service centers except regular maintenance. Plan to use the vehicle till at least 4 years but will not sell it off so re-sale is not a point.

Meanwhile, I kept following discussion on Team-bhp looking for experiences from fellow members with their pre-loved cars and dealerships.

Off the List:
1. Maruti Hatchbacks including Swift and Dzire (Lesser Space and higher premium)
2. Any Tata Vehicle (In my humble opinion, they age quicker)

What I came across:

Hyundai i20: Had an offer from a known mechanic who was offering an i20 for 3.5 lacs, all included with CNG fitting after-sale. Tried to pursue this for a week, but the car got sold.

Visiting Dealerships
Visited many dealer-ships including Private Dealerships, True Value, Mahindra First Choice. I was thoroughly disappointed with private dealerships with mostly no professional approach and hence a doubt in mind. Also, very keen to sell away the car in minimum time. Only one private dealer that had the patience to understand my needs and get really good deals was Mr.Sanjay from Automaxx.

True Value was not having deals to my taste which basically means I found them demanding a very high premium or the vehicles which I felt decently priced were not in such a good condition.

Mahindra First Choice - I visited three of the dealerships - Fatima Nagar, Nagar Road and Dapodi. Mahindra First Choice on a franchisee of Ganesh Motors seemed very professional and decent. I took down the numbers and mileage of some Tata vehicles they had and checked on Tata Motors website their service record (cheers to team-bhp). All of them seemed to have genuine odo readings which further strengthened my trust with them. They will negotiate, up to the tune of 10 to 15 percent.

I test drove various cars, I dont exactly remember the model year:
1. Ford Ikon (immediately asked them, no more Ikons!), it seemed to me that they age like Tatas. Two of them I drove were having all kinds of noises with engine feeling very noisy. Asking price 2.5 lac for 70K done since 2006/7.

2. Ford Fiesta - Excellent Drive, way out of my budget. Demanding 4 lacs for 2008/9 model which seemed to have aged as well. Not a fair price I think. Also, I had/have a notion of Fords being very costly to maintain.

3. Fiat Palio 1.1 - The spaciousness of this car, the comfort and its build had me almost lobbying for it. My wife hated this car for its looks. The 1.1 felt highly under-powered on petrol, so it was off. 2008 model - 1.7 lac.

4. Fiat Palio 1.6 - 2007/8 model - 2 lac. Again, now since I found the GTX version of this vehicle with new michelins and alloys, I was wanting to buy this. Took a break, read through various forums with the kind of service / parts / labour for a Palio since we wanted a reliable vehicle and ruled it out. Also, boot will be gone with CNG. (Wifey relieved)

5. Chevrolet Aveo - 2008 model - 3.25 lac with all service records, bills, non-negotiable. Loved it. Short-listed this one.

6. Tata Manza - Top-end with airbags, ABS. 2011 petrol model. 11K odo reading. 4.5 lacs. Test drive was good, seemed a well maintained vehicle. Way Out of budget and no point of negotiating. Also, I was doubtful of the maintenance expenditure that I would have on a Tata Sedan!

Meanwhile, Sanjay from Automaxx had brought a really good deal - a Black Chevrolet Aveo 2006 LS owned by a working couple having done 50K for 2.2 lacs with after-sale CNG fitment which will be done by him. Test-drove the car, found it neat, could hear some noises from engine compartment, confirmed fan of radiator faulty. The Aveo drives well and fits all my requirements. Its really comfortable, handles decently though a bit boxy. The engine is not as butter-smooth but better than Ford Ikons or Tata's for an used one. This one had a problem with the gear lever hard on trying to engage Reverse. Seems like a common one on Aveos though the one with First Choice wasn't as difficult but comparatively, Yes.

Now, it was clear that I was buying an Aveo and I was thoroughly confused between the 2006 and 2008 models as the price difference was much. I had my thoughts with the 2008 one with all records though at a premium when the First Choice guys called that a Honda City has been dropped off recently. Just like a savior. Went immediately, test drove it. Had absolutely nothing to complain about! More Details after the buying experience.

The deal: It was a second owner. No service records and serviced privately. 67K on the odo since 2006 and asking price 3.2 lacs. I held firm on the points that there was no history of the vehicle and I could not pay that much for a second owned one. The first choice guys arranged for the owner to come and told me to close the negotiation with the owner. They will have 10K as their dealer commission, 15K for Mahindra First Choice Warranty Service, 5K RTO. The owner explained that it was his friend's vehicle and he had bought it from him (seemed like a common one and hollow). I explained to him to let me know any major repairs that he knows and that I am fine with buying the vehicle and getting it done (Like he was honestly going to tell me, but still worth trying). He finally agreed on a price of 2.65 lacs. Now the total cost of car: 2.95 lac. Add to it the 55K of a sequential CNG kit, it goes to 3.5 lacs.

Now, I had to be sure the car was fine and would not face any major troubles so bought some time from the dealer to arrange money. He insisted on an advance though, so paid him Rs.1000\- (yes, really!). I tried calling Honda Service Centers for the records but they said they had none (they dont keep records over 1 year!). Finally, Deccan Honda Pimpri allowed a check-up of the car and I scheduled it immediately with the dealer. There was a rush so they wouldn't oblige for a detailed one unless we kept the car - the mechanic checked up and test drove the car and certified it non-accidental and no major troubles except suspension replacement in near future and immediate battery replacement. The deal was done. We got the delivery in the first week of February. A new battery was put in, car cleaned, minor painting and minor dents removed. This was a great experience with Mahindra First Choice, Dapodi. Mr.Sandip Kamble, the owner was not so patient with all my demands but still he obliged.

But, now the test of my patience started. Didn't receive even the RTO receipt till April End. I was forwarded directly to the RTO agent who was handling my case. Two weeks of following up, everyday. Feeling very shaky after Sandip stopped receiving my calls, I escalated to Mahindra. Hereafter, Sandip directly called me, got the RTO agent on conference and used the choicest abuses in all possible languages. Not very professional, but seemed to have got the job done. Within the next week, CNG inspection done, RTO receipt in my hands, and within a month an SMS (a week before now) from RTO department that my card has been dispatched which I am yet to receive.

Sorry for such a long pre-buying experience but felt like putting it out. Mods, please bear with me as these are my very initial posts. Now, for the ownership experience.

Comfortable even for 5 adults, Engine Butter-smooth very unlike my Nano, Fuel-economy really good for a sedan, Huge Boot with even the CNG installed, Excellent handling vis-a-vis the SX4, Swifts that I've driven.

Dis-Likes
Low Ground Clearance, Not for spirited driving, Have to cautiously plan over-takes, Honda Service Centers, Cost of Spares.

Engine Type and Variant
Honda City ZX 2006 EXI - 1.5L iDSI Engine (L15A3)

KMS Done
Bought it at 67K February 1st week, 73K done till now.

Usage Pattern
30-50 kms. daily in-city variable. Mostly it is 30 kms. Weekend drives around 200 kms. and sometimes/rarely 400-500 kms. Plan to use on much longer routes. All distances are both ways considered.

Comments on the exterior styling & design
Not really exciting but I am fine with the sober look. My wife loves it. But this is something I am not really concerned about as far as the aerodynamics are fine.

Overall build quality and fit & finish, Interior design & quality, Interior space and comfort
A Honda, so nothing more to write about. My friend with the SX4 and my business partner with Manza are all praises with the overall quality even compared to their vehicles. The one with SX4 chides me for the low GC and a female ride. :Frustrati

Air conditioner, seat support, ergonomics
I had a big complaint with the Nano in terms of comfort. I like doing long distances occasionally and being 5,11 height and in software field where we are used to sitting position, my neck and shoulders pain over long drives. The City is extremely accommodating to my comfort needs and the maximum distance I have done yet is 400 kms. both ways in a day with no complaints of discomfort to me or passengers. The Air-con chills unbelievably well even in the summers, like its been topped up with Artic Freeze. Can never use it in the extreme cool position unless its a hot afternoon. Pleasant Surprise. The seating position is very low so you won't have much under-thigh support if your height is more than average. This doesn't worry me much at least for now. Seat Height is not adjustable but the steering is. Its a much required feature and appreciate this. Wish I had it in the Nano, would have solved so many problems!

Engine/Gear-Shift performance
The engine is butter-smooth and super-quiet. Something very appreciable to person upgrading from Nano. City driving is a delight as it pulls well even on CNG with it being a sequential kit. 80 percent of city driving is on CNG. Its sluggish on the inclines with CNG but a switch to petrol and the job is done. The sluggishness can be felt only on rpms under 2500 which is usually the max I attain. Above that, even CNG feels like petrol. On the highways and long drives, I do 80 percent of the driving on petrol. The iDSI engine is not as powerful as the Vtec or iVtec and yes its noticeable. You need to plan overtake maneuvers well as this is a SOHC engine and churns max power in the 3500 to 4000 rpm range. There's no use giving a 6-7K rpm dial. The gear-shifts are smooth enough, but for a used vehicle it gives an almost inaudible thunk while shifting to 2nd and 3rd. Clutch Release sometimes but very rarely creaks, starting off in mornings. If you are someone very performance oriented, please look away and do not consider this car.

Fuel efficiency : City and Highway
On petrol, I am getting an average of 12 kpl in Pune Traffic. Its 11 kpl when I visit areas like Koregaon Park, Swargate - heavy traffic areas. Highway average that I get even considering the ghat section like Aamby Valley City Route was a surprising - 18 kpl. For comparison, my Nano gives 21. All driving is done with A/C always ON.

On CNG, city average that I get is variable. The worst I've seen is 16 kpg and the best is 22 kpg. The average is 20 kpg almost always. Highway average is around 24 kpg though I don't run on CNG for highway drives much. This is just because the efficiency on petrol came as a pleasant surprise.

Suspension & ride quality
The suspension feels weak and clearly points towards a replacement. Doesn't make noises or thuds going over pot-holes or bad roads, but can feel almost all dulations and holes on road. Its definitely more comfortable than the Nano though. Ride quality is not that great but I think will improve drastically after the suspension overhaul.

Handling, Braking, Stability
The handling is all-round excellent. Though I've seen opinions in the forum where many feel the old Honda City was a better handler than ZX, I feel for my driving style it inspires confidence to take corners at a speed that earlier I wouldn't in a SX4, Dzire or Manza, forget the Nano. I think anyone doubting the handling of this vehicle must be really putting it to the limits where a sedate driver would "never" venture into. I won't and actually can't comment on such extreme handling since that's off limit to me unless in a controlled track environment. Given the low GC of this vehicle, its length and short height, I do not think there is any chance of the City ZX toppling ever. Please Correct me if I am wrong. High speed stability is excellent till 130. The engine did not feel very stressed out and felt like it had much to go.

Sadly, there is no ABS on offer (pumping works for me, and practice it every now and then to stay safe) and braking itself is comparatively poor. Note that I've written comparatively. It does its job well, but does not give you the confidence that many other vehicles could have.

Any niggles, problems or part replacements faced
Mahindra First Choice or any dealer for that matter do not perform any check-ups on their cars. Let them claim what they want, its completely up to you to do whatever n-point check you want to do. They did not even bother to check the coolant, which was mostly water.

Also, wheel alignment was bad. One of the rear tyres was almost bald. The oil filter and air filter were past their life. There's a rotten smell at 4000 rpm or higher in the cabin, though that rpms are usually avoided. The Honda A.S.S. says it happens in new City too. I am going to personally check this out. Would help if any fellow member with a City could let us know. This issue doesn't happen on CNG, only on petrol.

Costs till now:
Bridgestone S322 tubeless with alignment & balancing - 4600 * 4
Oil Filter & Air Filter - 270 + 300
Pioneer 2-din Music System with BT - 9,000
Coolant - 500
Mobil1 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil - 3,800
Detailed Check-up at Crystal Honda - 650

Quality of after-sales service
If you are buying a used car - it comes with all risks. Believe no one. Get your quality check manual ready, and do everything yourself with a good mechanic or at a service center by paying them. I didn't do this perfectly so there are going to be costs involved.

Cost of upkeep & maintenance
Was at Crystal Honda, Bavdhan for detailed check-up recently. Also wanted to change the rims as some seemed very slightly bent and spare rims was leaking air due to rust. Their estimate:

Wheels Rims - 1700 * 4
All wheels bearing replacement (Front+Rear) - 13,500 + 9,500
Suspension Over-haul - 18,500
Clutch Over-haul - 13,000
Steering Rack Replacement - 45,000
Brake Disc Skimming - 3000
Other parts repairs - 12,000
Labour - Extra

Now, approached Tune-Up Plus, Baner. Abhijit Lonkar was highly recommended by our members. Appointment is for next week and as per his initial test-drive he doesn't feel the estimation is correct. My experience with him and Tune-Up Plus will be on another thread already existing for that matter.

Photos are at the time before purchase when we were checking out the cars.

Many congratulations Jagzrk for your pre-owned Honda City.
Hope the car serves you well.
Enjoy the ride and drive safe.

Congrats on the purchase buddy. Honda City ZX is one of my favorite car and had one (Honda City ZX vtec) for a short while. And the best part is the rear seat comfort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagzrk (Post 3449581)
5K RTO.

5K for Name transfer?
In TN I did name transfer for less than 750 INR (through an agent, actual RTO fee is somewhere near 150 INR I suppose)

Is there a huge difference in RTO fee between states or is it the dealer margin?

Quote:

Cost of upkeep & maintenance
Wheels Rims - 1700 * 4
All wheels bearing replacement (Front+Rear) - 13,500 + 9,500
Suspension Over-haul - 18,500
Clutch Over-haul - 13,000
Steering Rack Replacement - 45,000
Brake Disc Skimming - 3000
Other parts repairs - 12,000
Labour - Extra

Honda Spares seem costly when compared with competitors.
- Fiat wheel rims were around 1000 INR (higher section width)
- Fiesta ABS type wheel bearings cost 1400 INR/pc (I suppose 2006 Honda City doesn't come with ABS either)
- What is included in suspension overhaul? (Please list out the part replacement too)
- What was wrong with the steering rack?

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. NHC, T-Fort) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars.

Thanks!

Aren't the interiors of the Honda City beige?
How about spare parts? I'm having a tough time servicing my 2008 Honda City done 90K. Have to book weeks in advance.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. NHC, T-Fort) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars.

Thanks!

Thanks Sommos and Mr.Boss. Yes, I have read many of your posts and they were helpful! You are perfectly spot on about the rear seat comfort which is something that I'm longing to have. My wife has joined driving classes and learning on an Accent. She'll take up half the responsibility on a longer drive.

I didn't question the RTO Fees much, but the only receipt that I got was Rs.394 from the RTO which included Name Transfer and CNG Conversion Check / Certification. I believe the agents take around 1K for Name Transfer, maybe more, say 2K with CNG. Seems dealer adjusted his margin there.

Regarding the spares:
-Wheel Rims are costly, I expected them to be around 1200, even Bridgestone dealer estimated so. Mr.Lonkar, a highly recommended mechanic from members felt the price was fine, so I've just placed order for the new rims for now.
-Yes, Honda City doesn't come with ABS in any variant. They change the complete wheel hub instead of bearings. (Again Mr.Lonkar's comment) Its the bearing of one/two wheels gone wrong as per him and will need to check on a ramp. This can reduce the costs.
-I will get back with the details of suspension overhaul, I'm leaving from office, mostly by tonight.
-Personally, I felt nothing wrong with the steering rack. But, they are keen on replacing it. The explanation given was its hard. (Yes! No technical explanation. It was late evening so didn't pursue the issue with S.S. guys as mechanics would have left) They are ultra-keen on clutch replacement too when I think it must be some minor repair. The clutch "feels" hard but not as bad as it needs a complete overhaul. Also, the fuel efficiency that I'm getting indicates nothings majorly wrong with the clutch (I think? Correct me if wrong)

One thing that I missed out was they also wanted to replace the engine, gearbox mountings. Around 6-7K for that. I will wait for the estimation from Tune-Up Plus after the detailed check-up there, put it up here and with the advice here on forum will decide what to do. For now, the vehicle drives perfectly well, and anyone driving it will never notice that anything is even slightly wrong with it (Unless they are a die-hard gearhead).

From the many pics over internet, the ZX comes with all beige interior, black+beige and black+grey (mine). Maybe experts can throw light on this?

Regarding spare parts, they're not only outrageously costly, but also mostly not available with the Service Center. Their lead time is at-least a week here at Crystal Honda, Bavdhan, Pune. I would like to know what service and maintenance costs you are facing. If you have already posted it in some thread, request you to link me there.

Thanks!

Congrats on your purchase. Being a Honda, hope it will offer you trouble free experience for long time. Nice colour. Spares price seems to be on the expensive side. Please check with other Honda dealers also.

Please do not compare Nano to a Honda city. This car is 2 segment higher. Nano is a very good car for its price. Did you sell off the nano?

@jagzrk, Congratulations !
Quote:

Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 (Post 3449781)
Aren't the interiors of the Honda City beige?

Exi came with black interiors, while Gxi came with beige.
Quote:

How about spare parts? I'm having a tough time servicing my 2008 Honda City done 90K. Have to book weeks in advance.
Which service center?

Thanks!

Jagzrk, Congratulations on your purchase. EXI had black or rather grey interiors while GXI & Vtec had beige. Regarding Wheel discs, check from reputed tyre dealers. They normally have discs exchanged for alloys and you may get lucky and find it for cheap (read <500 Rs). again hard steering could also be because of improper wheel alignment & balancing. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagzrk (Post 3449787)
They change the complete wheel hub instead of bearings.

But why? Are they Gen3 hubs? (gen3 hubs & bearings are integrated and need a complete replacement) Can you please post the snap of hub?

@msdivy: I am giving at capital honda in chennai. Most of the spares need to be ordered. So it takes time.

Hi Jagzrk,
Congrats on your purchase. We too have a 2006 Honda City ZX GXI model which has clocked around 92000 Km. It has been a reliable work horse for us with no major failures to report.
Wishing you many happy miles ahead. Drive Safe.

Quote:

Dis-Likes
Low Ground Clearance, Honda Service Centers, Cost of Spares.

The car is pretty neat. I did not know that even this model has lower GC as till now I knew that GC issues arise in 3rd generation Honda City only and the 3rd generation Honda City does not have boot lid carpeting underneath irrespective of variants which I saw in your car.

What type of issues did you face in particular with the Honda A.S.C ?

I agree with you on the cost of spares because once I had gone to my Honda Dealer for the car's periodic service and there I just asked about the golden color emblems from the accessories department, he gave me a price that was way higher than the open-market. Even technical spares are priced on a premium simply because Honda brand sells the vehicles simply on the basis of it's standing in the market.

Quote:

On CNG, city average that I get is variable. The worst I've seen is 16 kpg and the best is 22 kpg.
Well, I am not very fond of alternative fuel setup but don't you think that after market CNG fitment have impact on the car's engine in the long run ? I guess to some extent the OEM CNG kit is still better.

Quote:

Quality of after-sales service
If you are buying a used car - it comes with all risks. Believe no one. Get your quality check manual ready, and do everything yourself with a good mechanic or at a service center by paying them. I didn't do this perfectly so there are going to be costs involved.
Just in case you would have read the PDI checklist over here then it would have saved you some money. Anyways, Do take good care of the car and drive safe.

Thanks

Wow, the forum is much more active than I ever thought. I have read through all the posts but travelling this weekend, in Alibag actually with our Honda City ZX. Will be following up with a detailed replies on Monday. Thanks for the encouragement!

Mods: Apologies for posting higher speeds. I am anyway not fond of it.

Congratulations jagzrk on your purchase of Honda City. The observations you have made on Ford Ikon are quite correct. I have driven Ford Ikon in Thane which belonged to my friend's cousin. He had faced a lot of trouble for power steering, mileage and gearbox. Luckily, a local mechanic came to his rescue.

And please don't compare Tata Nano with Honda City for mileage. Nano is a very basic car and I have driven it in ghat sections. You literally feel like coming out and push it on the inclines. Driving Nano on Pune Nashik highway is a nightmare and 13th of this month I am gonna do that once again :Frustrati

Good luck and best wishes for you and your lovely car.

Replying a bit late, but found some really great things for Honda owners in Pune. Information at the end of this post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock18 (Post 3449834)
Please do not compare Nano to a Honda city. This car is 2 segment higher. Nano is a very good car for its price. Did you sell off the nano?

Thanks! No, haven't sold the Nano. Its been just 2 years and is serving well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 3449916)
But why? Are they Gen3 hubs? (gen3 hubs & bearings are integrated and need a complete replacement) Can you please post the snap of hub?

Yes, they are integrated. I am bit confused about the generation numbering. I got them for Rs.10,200 from a workshop in Bavdhan, Pune (Carwala). Crystal Honda quoted 16K for the pair and 2K as labour charges just for comparison.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ad3952n (Post 3450162)
The car is pretty neat. I did not know that even this model has lower GC as till now I knew that GC issues arise in 3rd generation Honda City only and the 3rd generation Honda City does not have boot lid carpeting underneath irrespective of variants which I saw in your car.

What type of issues did you face in particular with the Honda A.S.C ?

Well, I am not very fond of alternative fuel setup but don't you think that after market CNG fitment have impact on the car's engine in the long run ? I guess to some extent the OEM CNG kit is still better.

The GC seems to be reduced because of the CNG setup. The workshop that I now visit regularly has offered to raise the suspension but I am not keen on doing that because of the fear of erratic handling. Anyway the problem arises with 5 people in the car on bigger speed bumps which I tackle at crawling speed.

I went through Frank Mehta'ji's thread and I wanted a reliable work-horse which is affordable for regular use as well as highway runs. Also, I've got installed a sequential kit from Lovato which is as good as OEM (Minus the suspension setup). I change synthetic oil, oil filter, air filter every 7500 k.m. with regular servicing to keep it in good condition. I religiously follow driving first 3 km on petrol and 20% of any major runs on petrol. Now, I'm 10K kms. done since getting the car and I'm yet to face any minor niggling issues with the engine.

Also, after changing the rear bearings my petrol mileage increased from 12kpl to 14 kpl in Pune City. Highway now I'm getting 20-21,very surprising! I'm just praying nothing goes wrong with the engine till at least 1.5 lac kms or the next 3-4 years. (P.S. Personally, I feel after-market CNG ruining an engine is myth. Any engine gets ruined if not maintained properly. Also most of these kits are fitted near to the end of half lifetime of a car which means anyway there were bound to be problems.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbodude (Post 3451669)
And please don't compare Tata Nano with Honda City for mileage. Nano is a very basic car and I have driven it in ghat sections. You literally feel like coming out and push it on the inclines. Driving Nano on Pune Nashik highway is a nightmare and 13th of this month I am gonna do that once again :Frustrati
Good luck and best wishes for you and your lovely car.

Thanks! Yeah, its wrong to compare these. The gearing of Nano is very different. You can pull it to 40 in the first gear itself! I have to use the first gear when fully loaded in ghat sections. But you got to agree the increased GC, high posture, and ease of driving makes it a good vehicle overall. We did Amby valley to Pune through the mountains (most of which is off-road including some small streams) with 4 people. (Note: Not the highway, its actually crossing through a dozen mountains!) Whatever roads you throw at the Nano it easily pulls through it. Truly a Point A to B vehicle, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPJ (Post 3450136)
Hi Jagzrk,
Wishing you many happy miles ahead. Drive Safe.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by malgudi (Post 3449854)
Regarding Wheel discs, check from reputed tyre dealers. They normally have discs exchanged for alloys and you may get lucky and find it for cheap (read <500 Rs). again hard steering could also be because of improper wheel alignment & balancing. Hope this helps.

Wheel Rims I bought it from Crystal Honda at Rs.1700 per rim. Didn't find any with dealers also didn't want to take a risk withused rims. They charged me Rs.1200 as labour to just change those rims so I'm never going there again. When I complained to Honda, they agreed to refund Rs.750 but only on my next service bill. They don't allow customers to see the vehicle and with such rampant cheating I can't trust them with my vehicle.

I've spent nearly Rs.30K till now on parts and servicing. Wheel bearings and Wheel Rims was the major cost. Two synthetic engine oil changes (Rs.4500 each for Mobil1 0w40), Transmission oil (80w90), and complete cleaning injectors, manifold, throttle body, spark plugs. New tyres Bridgestone S322 tubeless cost me 17K extra.

Now coming to the costs of parts. These are the quotes from Deccan Honda (Katraj), more or less similar to Crystal Honda. Labour included.
FR Lower Arm set - 9600
FR Both Damper mount - 4400
FR LHS Link - 1200

Subframe mount - 3500
Gear box lower mounting - 1300
FR LHS upper gear box mounting - 4800

Clutch Overhaul - 14000 (I'm hearing this since 10K kms, but engine rpms are rock steady)

There are other many minor things which add up to 12K more. Now comes the best part. I've found a website http://spareshub.com/ (I'm in now way affliated with them, out of frustration of cost of spares and labour I scoured the internet because I knew I had to find spares somehow if other workshop can find them). I've tried every Honda A.S.S. in Pune and am not satisfied. On all fronts - costs, time and their behavior.

On enquiry, he told me the cost of lower arm set was Rs.5400 Genuine original Honda parts. Now, I will be going to him with the details of all parts and buy few non-critical parts first to check if he's really genuine. The dealers contact in Pune is Mr.Deeptanu (7798857933) and their shop is near Baner. Iradium Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. is the company operating sparehub. If anyone has experience dealing with them, please let us know.

On an ending note, I faced absolutely no problems with this car, not even a puncture leave alone being stranded. I think a little more replacement of parts like suspension overhaul and some other minor things, the car will be as good as new.