Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2014, 16:06   #61
BANNED

Re: Rs. 1 Lakh per cupholder - My 2014 Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi

Congrats on your new car tilt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Part III:

Connecting the iPhone5 to the USB is another story altogether - it just does not work at all. It keeps giving me an error saying unable to read USB device. I either have to connect it to the Aux port (which is something I do not want to do - I want to connect on USB and charge the phone while listening to audio, and not have to use more than one cable), or use Bluetooth.
The iphone issue that you mentioned is something which I guess is more common with cars of all make and it's because of the generic protection that iOS devices carry with. I had never seen the OE HU in my Figo read my iphone when connected to USB and the Sony HU of my friend's swift reading his/my iphone. Also I had heard from fellow Figo owners in our forum quoting that the ipod also behaves same when connected through USB. I had even tried connecting my iphone to a Sony Home theatre system over the USB and it failed to recognise it as a music device. Even when an iPhone is being connected to a PC/Laptop through USB that doesn't has itunes installed - we won't be able to access the music files.
Old 1st October 2014, 13:12   #62
BHPian

Bluetooth/Phone integration:
This is another example of an half-baked feature added on purely to tick a box. I can receive calls, I can redial the last dialled number, but I cannot call anyone else because the phone-book does not download into the system. I still have to have the phone in my hand and scroll through contacts and click on the contact to call them. This means, it is no longer hands-free; or most importantly - eyes-free! I have to take my eyes off the road to do all this, or park the car on the shoulder.

Turning Radius:
A little too wide for my liking. I feel as though I am driving an 18-wheeler semi whenever I am trying to get into or out of my parking spot. Will take some getting used to. However, it is an issue only when there’s a need to manoeuvre in tight spaces. Does not affect regular driving in any way.

Push-Button Start:
Works as advertised. One question though: what happens if that goes kaput for some reason? How do I start the car with the key? I do not see anywhere to stick a key in and turn the car on.[/quote]

Is there a S/W upgrade possible for the phone-book issue? Since incoming calls show the name of the caller, the phone-book is being read properly. Why can't we access it otherwise? The UK version has a separate button for this. Wonder if this is another case of taking the Indian customer for a gimmicky fool.

I've quoted the other two major complaint I have with this car - the large turning radius has already seen me dent my car in a tight parking lot. I think it's also got to do with the way the car becomes wider towards the back. Never had this problem with Vista - now have to keep an eagle eye on the left ORVM while making tight turns.

The rear camera is a useful addition so that you do not miss a small stump or ditch at the back - esp when it is dark. Also - given the thick C-pillars, I have started using it more often.

Also, is there a way to keep music on and only turn off the ignition?
Old 1st October 2014, 13:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smukherjee View Post
*SNIP*
Also, is there a way to keep music on and only turn off the ignition?
It's a two-step process. Touching the Start-Stop button kills the engine and everything else, then without depressing the clutch, press the Start-Stop button again, then the ACC mode comes on and you can listen to your radio.

AFAIK there is no way to make it a one-step process. I suppose that's a negative point with push-button start, whereas with the old-fashioned key, you could turn the key to the interim ACC position thereby turning off the engine while leaving your radio on.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 14:28   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
It's a two-step process. Touching the Start-Stop button kills the engine and everything else, then without depressing the clutch, press the Start-Stop button again, then the ACC mode comes on and you can listen to your radio.

AFAIK there is no way to make it a one-step process. I suppose that's a negative point with push-button start, whereas with the old-fashioned key, you could turn the key to the interim ACC position thereby turning off the engine while leaving your radio on.

Cheers
Yeah that's how I do it now. The music turns off and turns back on again. Quite irritating. One of the rare occasions when I miss the good old ignition key.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks