Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 15:47   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX

Congrats on living your dream! My confidence on the car & brand has gone up considerably after the launch of storme. Fewer issues compared to the other TATA products + all improvements from the predecessor is great.

The bull bars are taking down the beauty of the vehicle though, especially the rear one.

Wish you miles of happy & safe motoring.

Edit::

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
A few more pictures of the Beauty!
The second pic is a wall paper material - you just need to process it a bit.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th July 2014 at 15:48.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:00   #17
BHPian

A beautiful car for a beautiful family, Great Congrats Bro. The car suits your build and personality a lot, you have hit the bulls eye. Please do share some interior pictures.
joe_antony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 17:29   #18
BHPian

Hey thanks Bhavik! This does look like a twin of my car especially because of the LTD sticker placed exactly at the same place
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 20:58   #19
BHPian

A few pics of the interiors
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_0393.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_0394.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_0401.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_0402.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_0395.jpg  

JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 12:00   #20
BHPian

Completed 15000 kms on this beautiful piece of wheels.

Got the service done from Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon. Thanks to the Gold AMC taken did not have to pay a single penny for the service.

The only thing that was chargeable was :
1) Dry Cleaning of the seats - Since my two year old had already left her foot prints on all the seats, this had to be done.
2) Weights used for Wheel balancing/ alignment.

Total payment made : Rs.1700/- (inclusive taxes).

AMC will take care of things till the next service which will be due on 30000 kms.

The Storme has been a smooth and niggle free ride till now. No specific issues faced till date, so no extra work was supposed to be done during service except the routine jobs.

After this service and oil change, its running smoother and better than before
Old 12th August 2014, 10:29   #21
BHPian

Indeed some beautiful pics. How is your storme behaving? Any problems faced so far? I am considering UB colour but not sure how good or bad it is to show up dust, scratches and nicks compared with astern black.
OT- were you in jamia university Or am i taking you for someone else?
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 11:01   #22
BHPian

Congrats on the storme. Great pics of the beauty as well. A car that always tugs at my heart.
Its indeed heartening to know that the earlier safari niggles are not present in the storme. I checked the zest review recently and that confirmed that TATA is indeed improving.

All the best and have a happy time crunching miles
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 11:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
A few pics of the interiors
Congrats JASMEET on the awesome Storme! I actually like the finish & the color shades of the EX variant better than the VX faux wood & all beige which I am currently testing:
Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-20140803_160830.jpg
Old 12th August 2014, 14:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Indeed some beautiful pics. How is your storme behaving? Any problems faced so far? I am considering UB colour but not sure how good or bad it is to show up dust, scratches and nicks compared with astern black.
OT- were you in jamia university Or am i taking you for someone else?
Urban Bronze is my favourite colour in Safari storme and that explains why I got it in the first place. I had considered the astern black as well. But then I thought the kind of shine it gets in the UB really enhances its look. Had got the teflon coating done at the time of delivery, that should save it from some of them. Dust I agree, shows , but I guess its with every dark colour.

Issues, I guess I must be amongst one of the most satisfied (and lucky?) customers of the Storme out here. Nothing major as of now, in fact nothing minor as well.

Think you are mistaking me for some one else, never been to Jamia University.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
Congrats on the storme. Great pics of the beauty as well. A car that always tugs at my heart.
Its indeed heartening to know that the earlier safari niggles are not present in the storme. I checked the zest review recently and that confirmed that TATA is indeed improving.

All the best and have a happy time crunching miles
Thanks for the wishes Aneezan! To be honest, when I had heard about the negative reviews and perceptions, I was apprehensive of visiting Tata Showrooms in the first place. But my buying experience and the quality of the product has changed it all. After sales, I can still understand, why there is a negative perception. But trust me, I have had a better experience at Tata than my interactions with some of the other brands that I have used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
Congrats JASMEET on the awesome Storme! I actually like the finish & the color shades of the EX variant better than the VX faux wood & all beige which I am currently testing:
Attachment 1273217
Thanks Rohan! I feel the combination offered in the EX is unique. Its not all beige and they have very intelligently used the greys. Also, the benefit is Beige has a tendency to get more dirty as compared to the grey part.

Having said that, VX has its own advantages and features which obviuosly EX is devoid of. I would have loved it if Tata would have cared to install at least two airbags for safety purposes in EX also.
Old 12th August 2014, 15:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Rohan! I feel the combination offered in the EX is unique. Its not all beige and they have very intelligently used the greys. Also, the benefit is Beige has a tendency to get more dirty as compared to the grey part.

Having said that, VX has its own advantages and features which obviuosly EX is devoid of. I would have loved it if Tata would have cared to install at least two airbags for safety purposes in EX also.
The primary advantage I felt the VX had over the EX was the ESOF, Air Bags & Alloy Wheels. The rear parking sensor can be fit as an aftermarket accessory.

Even if I were to choose, I will go for the EX
Old 12th August 2014, 15:28   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
The primary advantage I felt the VX had over the EX was the ESOF, Air Bags & Alloy Wheels. The rear parking sensor can be fit as an aftermarket accessory.

Even if I were to choose, I will go for the EX
Well for me, I never really felt the need for a parking sensor. Alloy wheels - Yes, I would definitely go for it, lets see when.

In my case, it was not a choice to opt for an EX but a compulsion as could not afford to push the power of Green any further.
Old 25th August 2014, 13:26   #27
BHPian

The odometer is reading 17k kms now. The Storme is behaving much better after the 15k kms service.

The ride quality has improved. The smoothness and pickup has got better. Plus the Fuel efficiency has also improved. Got around 13 kmpl on highway with AC.
Old 25th August 2014, 13:48   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess I must be amongst one of the most satisfied customers of the Storme out here. Nothing major as of now, in fact nothing minor as well. To be honest, I have had a better experience at Tata than my interactions with some of the other brands that I have used.
Dear Jasmeet Mattoo - thank you for your wonderful words. Correct work, carried out carefully and silently in all areas of vehicle ownership experience has delivered the desired result. Enjoy your vehicle and drive safe.

Needless to say, you and other Safari Storme owners are the undisputed "KINGS OF THE ROAD".

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 14:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Jasmeet Mattoo - thank you for your wonderful words.
Needless to say, you and other Safari Storme owners are the undisputed "KINGS OF THE ROAD".

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Getting a reply from you on my thread is an honour sir.

I have been following Tata vehicles and specially Safari for a very long time and I can confidently say that they have come a long way. And to be honest, one does feel like a King when one drives the Tata Safari Storme - The Real SUV.
Old 18th September 2014, 10:42   #30
BHPian

ODO reading 19k. Love for this beauty is increasing everyday. Absolutely love it when I am a bit stressed or having a bad day and suddenly I sit in this beauty and I am like all happy and relaxed once again.

I remember my days with my bullet, when I used to take it out on Sunday morning rides, when everyone in the family was sleeping and I was out riding it. No car gave me this feeling till I came across the Storme.

A few pics I clicked this Sunday morning, when I took it out for a drive.

PS: Guys I know the front bull bar is a bit misaligned as it got broken in a minor collision. Planning to replace it soon, till then please pardon me for spoiling its look
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-psx_20140914_111024_resized.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-psx_20140914_111629_resized.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-psx_20140914_113152_resized.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-psx_20140914_113836_resized.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-20131215_123147.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-psx_20140914_111321_resized.jpg  

JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks