Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 12:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX

Jasmeet - if possible pls get rid of the front bull bar. Safety wise and aesthetically it looks better. For your eyes, a picture of my Storme taken in a similar angle as your first picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-img_1965.jpg  

narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 13:01   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Jasmeet - if possible pls get rid of the front bull bar. Safety wise and aesthetically it looks better. For your eyes, a picture of my Storme taken in a similar angle as your first picture.
Haha I knew you would say that bro.

I agree it takes away a bit of the look that it has. But this bull bar has saved it twice.

When I think about the safety, looking at the Delhi traffic, I feel I should not get rid of it or maybe replace it with a nice sleek one. When I think about the look, I feel like taking it down altogether. Am in double mind as of now. Lets see.

Thanks for the suggestion BTW
Old 18th September 2014, 14:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post

I feel like taking it down altogether. Am in double mind as of now. Lets see.
If your Safari is equipped with dual airbags, then it is advisable to get rid of any bullbars that may have been fitted as aftermarket accessories.
The crash sensors for the airbags are located in the front part of the BIW, and if you fix an external appendage, the airbag triggering threshold and the resultant calculations to determine the closing velocity of the collision, all goes haywire.
In a worst case scenario, this may lead to non-deployment of airbags, which may have potentially fatal results for vehicle occupants.

Last edited by arjab : 18th September 2014 at 14:31. Reason: punctuation & syntax errors fixed
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
If your Safari is equipped with dual airbags, then it is advisable to get rid of any bullbars that may have been fitted as aftermarket accessories.
The crash sensors for the airbags are located in the front part of the BIW and if you fix an external appendage the airbag triggering threshold / collision closing velocity calculations/points, all goes haywire.
In a worst case scenario, this may lead to non-deployment of airbags, which may have potentially fatal results for vehicle occupants.
His car is the EX variant and as a result does not come with airbags. Only the VX variant come equipped with airbags.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:46   #35
BHPian

Storme looks beautiful in Urban Bronze shade. Beautiful pics

Quote:

When I think about the safety, looking at the Delhi traffic, I feel I should not get rid of it or maybe replace it with a nice sleek one.
Why don't you get PPF from 3M for your front and rear bumpers?
Or
Get a Nudge Guard at the front and PPF on the rear bumper.
Old 19th September 2014, 13:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
The crash sensors for the airbags are located in the front part of the BIW, and if you fix an external appendage, the airbag triggering threshold and the resultant calculations to determine the closing velocity of the collision, all goes haywire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
His car is the EX variant and as a result does not come with airbags. Only the VX variant come equipped with airbags.
Thanks for your suggestions guys. Arjab, I guess Maglev has already answered you that its an EX version that I have, so no airbags there buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Storme looks beautiful in Urban Bronze shade. Beautiful pics

Thanks Sinharishi for the appreciation

Why don't you get PPF from 3M for your front and rear bumpers?
Or
Get a Nudge Guard at the front and PPF on the rear bumper.
Wonderful suggestion. I will get in touch with 3M people and check on this if this might be a solution. Although, I don't know of anyone personally who has got this Paint Protection Film done on his car. Now probably I will explore it and will get back to you on this.
Old 19th September 2014, 18:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Wonderful suggestion. I will get in touch with 3M people and check on this if this might be a solution. Although, I don't know of anyone personally who has got this Paint Protection Film done on his car. Now probably I will explore it and will get back to you on this.
I had gotten in touch with 3M for PPF for the C Class. Got a price quote of INR 22,000! It is helpful in protecting against stone chips and very very small rubbing incidents only. Do keep that in mind. Another issue with them, in my opinion, is that they may leave a mark on the edges where dirt may get accumulated.

But get rid of the heavy bull bar paaji! god forbid you hit a human. That solid bar will cause a good amount of hurt even at a slow speed. Do think about that.

Cheers!
Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 04:24   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
I had gotten in touch with 3M for PPF for the C Class. Got a price quote of INR 22,000! It is helpful in protecting against stone chips and very very small rubbing incidents only. Do keep that in mind. Another issue with them, in my opinion, is that they may leave a mark on the edges where dirt may get accumulated.

But get rid of the heavy bull bar paaji! god forbid you hit a human. That solid bar will cause a good amount of hurt even at a slow speed. Do think about that.

Cheers!
Rohan
As far as i know, ppf is sold on a per sq feet basis. What all was covered in that 22k bro?
Old 21st September 2014, 10:26   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
As far as i know, ppf is sold on a per sq feet basis. What all was covered in that 22k bro?

The front bumper and the rear bumper. The cost of 3M wrap and ppf have gone up a little bit. It's all per sq feet. 22k is a rough estimate. Actual cost is based on the amount of material used.
Rohan

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 18:39   #40
BHPian

@ Jasmeet

Congrats for following your dream and making it true .

And also congrats that you completed 19k kms of happy ownership with the king of the road .

The Safari Storme is indeed one of the finest product to roll out of from TML.

A close friend of mine owns one in Mumbai , and he is extremely happy with the SUV and even Tata a.s.c ,as his car is running flawlessly without any issue .

Please keep updating the thread .
al pacino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2014, 21:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

In the pics of interiors, I notice that you've removed the net. Or is it no longer being offered?
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
The front bumper and the rear bumper. The cost of 3M wrap and ppf have gone up a little bit. It's all per sq feet. 22k is a rough estimate. Actual cost is based on the amount of material used.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by al pacino View Post
@ Jasmeet

Congrats for following your dream and making it true .

And also congrats that you completed 19k kms of happy ownership with the king of the road .

The Safari Storme is indeed one of the finest product to roll out of from TML.
Thanks a lot for your good wishes Al pacino!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
In the pics of interiors, I notice that you've removed the net. Or is it no longer being offered?
Can you please elaborate which net are we talking about. Maybe its no longer offered as I have not removed anything from the interiors.
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:41   #43
BHPian

A very nice and honest review that was done after really spending a good amount of time with Strome. Went through it in full at one go. Thanks for sharing your views and all the very best for a long happy association with Strome.
Old 23rd September 2014, 12:52   #44
BHPian

Quote:
I saw your car today, on NH-8 near Crowne Plaza.

Was able to recognize it because of MALWA's sticker and the Team-BHP LTD sticker.
Old 23rd September 2014, 13:01   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seran Manian View Post
A very nice and honest review that was done after really spending a good amount of time with Strome. Went through it in full at one go. Thanks for sharing your views and all the very best for a long happy association with Strome.
Thanks for your good wishes Seran Manian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I saw your car today, on NH-8 near Crowne Plaza.

Was able to recognize it because of MALWA's sticker and the Team-BHP LTD sticker.
Hey thanks buddy. I work in Signature towers right opposite Crowne Plaza. You based nearby?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks