Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2014, 17:27   #61
BHPian

Re: Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
Congratulations on completing a run of 20,000 kms in an year and a month with the Hercules. I am a little late in latching on to the thread but still wishing you many more happy, safe and niggle free miles with your beast. Was so hooked up to the thread that read all in one go. Keep up with the bull bar as an additional safety feature as the traffic in Delhi-NCR now-a-days is such that even people with Alto’s are opting for bull bar’s.
Thanks for your good wishes and kind words luvtandon. Will try my level best to keep the thread updated.
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:42   #62
BHPian

Updating the thread after 1 month now, Hercules has completed 24.5 k kms as on 02.02.2015. Took it for an off road (soft one) drive last weekend to the Hills near Damdama lake, Gurgaon. Amazing terrain and an amazing experience taking the beast out of the regular city/ highway drive.

Will share the pictures soon.

Performance wise the beast is coming down completely to my expectations. A few niggles came off late :
1) The pick has gone down a bit I feel.
2) A rattling sound has started coming from behind. I am not sure if it is the door or something else. Just hope its not the famous (infamous) Safari door rattle.
3) A squeaking sound from the brakes. Maybe I ran it in recent rain in Delhi that is to be blamed. Its not consistent. Sometimes its there, sometimes not.
4) Right side window is getting stuck while closing. Happens when the window reaches 80% height. Happens always. I have to maually press it towards the right and it gets aligned.

Planning to go to the workshop and will get these issues checked
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:33   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Updating the thread after 1 month now, Hercules has completed 24.5 k kms as on 02.02.2015. Took it for an off road (soft one) drive last weekend to the Hills near Damdama lake, Gurgaon. Amazing terrain and an amazing experience taking the beast out of the regular city/ highway drive.

Performance wise the beast is coming down completely to my expectations. A few niggles came off late :
2) A rattling sound has started coming from behind. I am not sure if it is the door or something else. Just hope its not the famous (infamous) Safari door rattle.
3) A squeaking sound from the brakes. Maybe I ran it in recent rain in Delhi that is to be blamed. Its not consistent. Sometimes its there, sometimes not.
4) Right side window is getting stuck while closing. Happens when the window reaches 80% height. Happens always. I have to maually press it towards the right and it gets aligned.

Great going bro. Apart from point number 1, which can be a fault with the turbo, i dont see any major complaints here. They should be rectified during your ASS visit. Try out Concorde, mathura road for rattling. They seem to have fixed (successfully) quite a few here.
Old 7th February 2015, 11:48   #64
BHPian

Some pictures from an offroad excursion with a few like minded fellows.

We gathered near Ambience mall in Gurgaon, went to a trail near Damdama Lake. Reached to the top, discovered a temple and were surpised by the saint we met there who made tea for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1222.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1239.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1240.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1242.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1243.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1253.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1254.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1269.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1291.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1304.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1299.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1313.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1314.jpg  

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-dsc_1220.jpg  

JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 14:09   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post

Finally got the above mentioned issues addressed. Took the beast to Dhingra Motors Gurgaon last Saturday. They have addressed all the problems and the tiger is roaring once more:
1)Air filter has been changed.
2)The rattling sound has been fixed. A lock of my rear seat was broken (or missing) due to which the sound was coming.
3)Brakes have been opened and checked. Working fine. No squeaking sound now.
4)Right window alignment is also rectified.

Its working nice again with no sound and terrific STORME pick up.
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 14:56   #66
BHPian

Again felt the need of testing the strength of the Beast, so planned an off road drive with a few friends (all safari owners). All the beasts showed their true strength and made their owners proud. Awesome vehicle.

Hercules climbing a cliff.

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-11036900_990469150965607_8544161280838297733_n.jpg

All beasts in tandem

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-11149547_990469197632269_8291562850055658730_n.jpg

When one of us got stuck in loose mud. It had rained a day back.

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-11151060_990469220965600_5000961045511900413_n.jpg

Group of beasts

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-20150412_112607.jpg

All the tigers together

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-b-020.jpg

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-b-022.jpg

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-b-023.jpg

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-b-032.jpg

Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-img20150412wa0035.jpg
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 17:07   #67
BHPian

Very nice review and beautiful snaps. Best wishes to you and Hercules for lots and lots of happy and safe driving. Do keep updating your ownership experience.
TOINGPOING is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 19:36   #68
BHPian

Amazing pics. And what a rare sight it must be. Watching all those beasts lined up was a Spectacular muscle show. So the storme which got stuck was a 4x2 variant? I dont think it would have needed that additional man power, had it been a 4x4. Isnt it?
Storme_on_d_way is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 13:01   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
Very nice review and beautiful snaps. Best wishes to you and Hercules for lots and lots of happy and safe driving. Do keep updating your ownership experience.
Thanks a lot for your good wishes TOINGPOING !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Amazing pics. And what a rare sight it must be. Watching all those beasts lined up was a Spectacular muscle show. So the storme which got stuck was a 4x2 variant? I dont think it would have needed that additional man power, had it been a 4x4. Isnt it?
You are absolutely right , the one that got stuck was a 4 X 2 variant. I don't think the ditch would have been a problem for a 4 X 4.

And yes, it is a spectacular sight looking at all these beasts standing together or moving one after the other on the road. Love to see the expressions of bystanders.
Old 24th September 2015, 15:17   #70
BHPian

Updating the thread after quite a few days.

Hecules has done 38000 kms now and its going great. Am loving the way it has been performing.

Got my last service at 29000 kms and i just got my air filters cleaned again around 34000 kms. The next service due is on 45000 kms. Truly a delight owning this beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-psx_20150121_134524.jpg  

JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:28   #71
BHPian

Wow JASMEET! You indeed have created a wonderful thread for me to follow.Hoping to get my Storme sooner rather than later .

I will be highly obliged if you could let me know from where and for how much was the snorkel fitted on that Black Dicor in the pictures above,also if its functional or just for the looks of it and how is its quality?

Hope its not too bothersome .

Thanks and ENJOY your HERCULES!
rosaf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 15:40   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
Wow JASMEET! You indeed have created a wonderful thread for me to follow.Hoping to get my Storme sooner rather than later .

I will be highly obliged if you could let me know from where and for how much was the snorkel fitted on that Black Dicor in the pictures above,also if its functional or just for the looks of it and how is its quality?

Hope its not too bothersome .

Thanks and ENJOY your HERCULES!
Thanks for the kind words rosaf! I am not sure where the black dicor got its snorkel but it belongs to a friend and I can find out for you. In fact I know a few others too who can do it here and in Punjab too (esp. Chandigarh ). If you would want the leads, let me know or PM me.
Old 5th October 2015, 13:12   #73
BHPian

Just came back from a four days trip. Went from Delhi to Nawalgarh (Rajasthan) - Nawalgarh to Mandawa (Rajasthan) and Mandawa to Delhi. It was a Three nights four days trip and Hercules rolled for about 620 kms in all. It is still going sturdy at little more than 39000 kms.

The highlights of this trip pertaining to the beast were :

1)A lot of places on the way had bad roads - Hercules took it in its stride. Some patches did not even have proper roads (thanks to GPS and the internet connectivity due to which I kind of wandered to some off routes). You do not even feel the existence of small ditches.
2) Speed and pick up is an all time high point of this machine. So many places on a dual lane road, we need the required power to overtake. it never disappoints.
3) Comfort - Now that the kid is growing - she never feels any restriction in moving from the front lane to second or third. Ample space for kiddo's movement. In fact she could sleep comfortably in the second lane and I had the comfort that she will not even feel the minor bumps.
4) Beauty - All along the way I kept getting looks of admiration from onlookers everywhere. In fact I keep getting exclusive treatment at a lot of hotels and joints.
5) Size - Drove a 12 kms stretch where there was only one lane for both ways. Whenever there was a car coming from opposite direction, one has to get down to the mud road and then after crossing the other again get back. Half of the times I did not have to take it down as the cars coming from the front took theirs down.

Some not so high points :
1) Big size for the small city - But who cares. I love the size and the attention that it brings.
2) Average with dual AC for the complete way has come close to 12. Usually its more than that. Maybe the roads were not like National highways due to which constant speeds could not be kept.
Old 6th October 2015, 17:05   #74
BHPian

Hercules standing outside the Grand Haveli Resort, Nawalgarh. Royalty at its best.
Attached Thumbnails
Story of Hercules - My Tata Safari Storme EX-img_3849.jpg  

Old 16th October 2015, 16:39   #75
BHPian

Celebrating the second anniversary of my beautiful machine today. And this anniversary I had decided to go for a slight change of look. To begin with - The bull bars are gone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks