Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2014, 09:32   #91
BHPian

Re: My 2014 Toyota Corolla Altis VL S-CVTi: A Detailed Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can put the silent Yokohama tyres as soon as you get the G (Auto) at a tyre shop.

The ones on the VL are Yokohama Advan A460. Since the G has 15" you can opt for Yokohama V550 tyres which are also low road noise tyres.

The G does make a lot of sense instead of the VL AT.
Thanks Dude. Would you suggest any Trusted Tyre vendor in Bangalore to strike a deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Is there any waiting period for the new Corolla? My BIL went to book the Petrol G CVT today in Gurgaon and was told that it will take nearly 45 days to get the car.
In Bangalore they are quoting about 30 days, but few folks have gotten it within 10 days as well (if you are not particular about the colour). Probably shorter times as the plant is near Bangalore.

I'm also planning for it
Old 6th September 2014, 09:54   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashgp View Post
Thanks Dude. Would you suggest any Trusted Tyre vendor in Bangalore to strike a deal?
Madhus tyres on Langford road below the Richmond road flyover. Nikhilb2008 is a member here who owns the store.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 21:04   #93

Quote:
In Bangalore they are quoting about 30 days, but few folks have gotten it within 10 days as well (if you are not particular about the colour). Probably shorter times as the plant is near Bangalore.

I'm also planning for it

Spoke to my dealer today and asked if I can upgrade to the VL variant. He said it will further delay the delivery by more than 15 days. The total waiting period for the VL variant as of now is 60 days in Delhi/Gurgaon. Confirmed this with another dealer in Gurgaon too. As regards the colour, my dealer is also offering ready delivery of Blue colour but I am smitten with the pearl white metallic and will wait, however long it takes

You said your dealer is offering 5k worth of free accessories which is good as nobody is offering any freebies, whatsoever, here.
Old 6th September 2014, 22:23   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakeshG View Post
As regards the colour, my dealer is also offering ready delivery of Blue colour but I am smitten with the pearl white metallic and will wait, however long it takes
Did you see the blue colour?
Old 7th September 2014, 00:37   #95

Quote:
Did you see the blue colour?
yes, It was on display in the showroom and actually looked quite nice and different.
Old 9th September 2014, 01:04   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Severus for the excellent thread and a very well written review, thoroughly supplemented with quality photographs

I must admit that your excellent review prompted me to take the plunge and book a pearl white Petrol GL variant of the new corolla altis last month. I expect to get the delivery by first week of October. I must admit that I am also smitten by the VL CVT variant (after an exciting TD) but still in 2 minds if I should spend another 1.75 lacs on top of the 17.5 lacs I am paying for the GL . Any suggestions?
The cvt petrol is really smooth silent and the suspension is super. Go for it.
Old 9th September 2014, 15:15   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severus View Post
3. No video playability in the ICE. Was I doing something wrong or was it not enabled? They told me it would work only if the car was stationery and the handbrake was enabled. I told them that I knew this and had tried all permutations and combinations, but the video just wouldn't play. Since I wasn't carrying any USB or SD card with videos in it, and even they couldn't arrange one after much trying, they told me to try it later on once more with the handbrake enabled, and I agreed as I wasn't 100% sure that I had pulled up the handbrake while trying to play videos.
I haven't tried this yet because of two reasons: firstly, paucity of time. And secondly, it doesn't rank very high up my priority list. It's only a feature I wanted to see if it was there or not; I'm anyway not really going to watch videos sitting there in my stationery car, what with an HD smartphone in my pocket and an HDTV at home. Though I'll surely try it again in due course of time.
Hi Severus,

Yesterday night I was just having a post dinner stroll and passed by a stationery Altis 2014 with 2 guys sitting in It. The ICE had some bollywood video song playing on it. So, it seems the ICE does play videos and there is probably an issue with your unit. Or else, the video formats it plays are very limited. Any luck so far with your ICE?
Old 15th September 2014, 18:17   #98
BHPian

Over the past 2 weeks have seen quite a no. of altis's here in south delhi. I guess this car is gonna rule the D segment in times to come. Except for elantra I don't see any car posing as a major threat to this one.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 16:01   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Over the past 2 weeks have seen quite a no. of altis's here in south delhi. I guess this car is gonna rule the D segment in times to come. Except for elantra I don't see any car posing as a major threat to this one.
Hi TB16,

I have booked the new Altis GL in pearl white mica metallic colour and hope to get delivery on the 3rd October, Ram Navmi, fingers crossed. What colours and variants do you spot in South Delhi (just curious )?

Now that you have mentioned the Elantra, I must say that it really packs a good VFM set of features as compared to the new Altis. The super fluidic shape gives it a very upmarket look IMO. Last week I took a TD of the top trim diesel Automatic variant (yes, in spite of my Altis booking) and I was truly impressed by the quality of interiors which Hyundai has thrown in this car! The entire car exudes a feeling of premium D segment sedan (unlike the new Altis ) However, a couple of things kept me tied to my Altis booking. First of all, the Elantra is due for a facelift which will include projection headlamps, rear LED lights, a better ICE as well as rear ventilated seats. Secondly, as per public opinion, online as well as offline sources, there is an apprehension buying a D segment car made by Hyundai which has an image of a low cost segment car manufacturer. Having said that, I still feel that a lot of people may not think like me and after the proposed facelift, Elantra will post better sales nos. than they are doing at present i.e. around 300 per month.

Took a TD of the Jetta as well as Octavia and though they are in a different league altogether when speaking of engine performance and safety features, they lack in the looks department as compared to the Altis and Elantra. Also the ASS reputation and long term reliability and maintenance costs kept me away from committing to the either of the two.
RakeshG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 16:06   #100
BHPian

Colors I'm not quite sure of but have seen quite a lot of variants with those fancy shiny alloys. I guess those are available only with the top variants.
Old 29th September 2014, 17:41   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod_to_odd View Post
Thanks for laying down the facts bro. Have you used the navigation system yet? Does it work as intended?
Yes mod, navigation system works as intended, though it's (obviously) not as intuitive or advanced as Google Maps in your phone. The positive thing is that it's much more convenient and less distracting than using your phone for navigation while driving. One thing I miss is the traffic functionality of Google Maps. If you don't care much about that, then you will frequently find yourself using the car's navigation.

Quote:
Hi Severus,
Yesterday night I was just having a post dinner stroll and passed by a stationery Altis 2014 with 2 guys sitting in It. The ICE had some bollywood video song playing on it. So, it seems the ICE does play videos and there is probably an issue with your unit. Or else, the video formats it plays are very limited. Any luck so far with your ICE?
I finally got this issue resolved. You're right, one needs to use a low-resolution video coupled with one of the very few formats that the system supports. I was mostly trying out 720p videos and I believe that was the issue (I guess they're using a very primitive processor and GPU inside this unit).
Old 29th September 2014, 18:10   #102
BHPian

WOW! A very detailed review, capturing many small points and features. Almost felt like I was reading the official t-bhp review

The new headlight cluster and DRL LED's integration with front grille is brilliant aesthetically and makes you fall in love with the car.
isandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 20:21   #103
BHPian

A brilliant and detailed review , the rude behavior of the SA is quite surprising (it seems as if they are scared that we will run away with there money!!). Your quote of 19lacs OTR was a revelation!! maybe its the AT but still!

Congrats on the new car , hope it brings you more smiles
Blue Bird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 22:35   #104
BHPian

Hello
Your review definitely helped me finalize my Altis, though its G (automatic). I got pearl white colour and even got accessories worth 15K from my dealer. I decided to go for rear camera. The old school dash style is very appealing and its a pleasure to drive the vehicle.
Old 14th October 2014, 23:26   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Hello
Your review definitely helped me finalize my Altis, though its G (automatic). I got pearl white colour and even got accessories worth 15K from my dealer. I decided to go for rear camera. The old school dash style is very appealing and its a pleasure to drive the vehicle.
Bhavuk how long did you have to wait before getting delivery of the vehicle and was just curious which dealer in Gurgaon did you buy it from. I have been seriously considering between the Altus and the superb but I guess Altis it will be. Was wondering if Toyota are offering any discounts which is most unlikely but wouldn't mind buying it from Delhi or Gurgaon if I get a good deal on the VLAT model. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks