Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2014, 13:27   #46
BHPian

Re: The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Hi. The Tablet system has visible wires. however if you follow the installation manual, the wires are to be routed thru the outer edge of the fibre backrest or whatever it is called. will post a few pictures in the noon.

No news on the Hood insulator as yet. The Source for the Tablet DVD was a dealer by name http://www.schmiedmann.com
Thanks for sharing the contact Sunil. Will these work with any regular car or are they specific to BMWs only? I work in the UK and will be commuting from India starting Nov so I can bring one back with me.
Old 13th September 2014, 19:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
Thanks for sharing the contact Sunil. Will these work with any regular car or are they specific to BMWs only? I work in the UK and will be commuting from India starting Nov so I can bring one back with me.
PM for details for a cheaper Option for any other car.. These will work on any car. however they have BMW Branding on the bezel as well on the splash screen / boot screen. installing them on any other car, may look a bit awkward. the Generic ones without BMW branding from companies like wharfdale etc are available at 1/4th the price.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 01:13   #48
BHPian

Quote:
PM for details for a cheaper Option for any other car.. These will work on any car. however they have BMW Branding on the bezel as well on the splash screen / boot screen. installing them on any other car, may look a bit awkward. the Generic ones without BMW branding from companies like wharfdale etc are available at 1/4th the price.
I don't have the PM feature activated yet Sunil. Is there an other way you can share the details? I suppose you can drop me a pm.
Old 15th September 2014, 06:47   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I don't have the PM feature activated yet Sunil. Is there an other way you can share the details? I suppose you can drop me a pm.
Well even i couldn't drop a PM. so putting it here. There are brands like Audio Vox, wharf dale etc which manufacture these rear seat DVD screens with Players. Do a search on google or ebay and you will find them

Last edited by Sunilrj : 15th September 2014 at 06:51.
Old 15th September 2014, 10:50   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Well even i couldn't drop a PM. so putting it here. There are brands like Audio Vox, wharf dale etc which manufacture these rear seat DVD screens with Players. Do a search on google or ebay and you will find them
Thanks Sunil. Will do. Cheers
Old 21st September 2014, 07:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post

Also any news about the sound/hood insulator?
Have recieved an update from BMW Germany on this. It is meant only for the 'i' series of Vehicles which means Petrol. installation of the Hood Screen on a 'd' series results in about 12 degree (don't know whether it is C or F ) reduction of temperature on the Bonnet exterior but increases the engine Bay Temperature by 16-17 Degrees. they say this could result in part malfunction in the engine Bay and is to be 'installed at your own risk' and they will not provide the part

ETK.pdf

Series.pdf
Old 21st September 2014, 15:42   #52
BHPian

It was Beauty Parlour time for the X1 Today. after a wash with the BMW Car Shampoo and Rim Cleaner Gel, i applied the following

1. Tyre Shine on the Rubbers - This is a hard wearing product which gives a deep matt shine to the Tyres. Doesn't get washed off with high Pressure water Spray
2. Bumper Shine emulsion - Applied it to the external 'black' Plastic / Fibre parts. had done a test application last week to see if it lasts. after a week of heavy rain, this thing still sticks on!
3. Interior Plastic Cleaner - For all the interior Fibre / Plastic Parts. Gives a deep Matt Finish and doesn't make the surface shiny or slippery unlike the next Door Car Accessory Shop Products
4. and Finally the BMW Hard Wax with nano technology. wonder why they call it hard wax when its a very thin liquid. Applied the same to the body panels, let it dry to a Haze and then wiped it off with a polishing cloth. The result - a smooth Buttery Surface, with water Beading off as on a non-stick Pan. The entire process of wash was started at 6 pm last evening and Completed at 7.30 pm. The Polishing and Beauty care work was started at 10 am this morning and as i Post this Message the Top is yet to be done.

here is a picture from my window, clicked at 3 p.m. today after i took a small nap, woke up and peeped through my window!

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0780.jpg
Old 21st September 2014, 17:00   #53
BHPian

Picture Time Again!

The High Gloss BMW Hard Wax (Thin Liquid) with Nano Technology effect! Glassy High Gloss Surface

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0832.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0833.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0834.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0835.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0836.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0837.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0838.jpg

Rim's Cleaned with BMW Rim Cleaner Gel and BMW Wheel brush. Even the rear Portion of the rim Can be Cleaned. Note the Deep Black Finish of the Tyre after Application of the BMW Tire Shine

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0839.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0840.jpg

Back to the Nano Wax effect

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0841.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0842.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0843.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0844.jpg

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0845.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0845.JPG
Views:	532
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1290475

Note the Reflection of the Corridor railing and my inquisitive Persian Cat!

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0846.jpg

and of the Flooring!

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0847.jpg

The Long Pending Photos of the Tablet DVD Install - The tablet DVD Sold in India has a All-Black finish with the words 'Tablet DVD' in the Place of 'BMW'

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0848.jpg

The wires routed through the gap on the seat back

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0849.jpg

The Cylindrical object is the Power Source that goes into the rear 12V Socket

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0850.jpg

The Second Screen

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-img_0851.jpg

Last edited by Sunilrj : 21st September 2014 at 17:01.
Sunilrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2014, 17:46   #54
BHPian

25th September 2014: Decided that I needed to Install a Sun-blind and purchased one off eBay for 2999/- Though it was stated to be an exact fit for the X1, with magnetic Holders, the size was way too big and the thing kept falling off. returned it back to the seller for a full refund and ordered the original from Agnello, of Prestige BMW of Ramsey New Jersey, who has been quite efficient in sourcing quite a few accessories that i needed, as well as resourceful enough to do some research on fitments, compatibility etc.

The Genuine BMW Sun Blinds are a 5 piece kit Part Number: 51462158428 :
1. Rear Hatch Glass x 1,
2. Rear Quarter Glasses x 2 and
3. Rear Windows x 2

The Rear hatch Glass Blind and the rear Quarter Glass Blind are fixed with a U Clamp which just slides into the gap between the fibre Trims/ C-Pillar Trims and the Glass. a 5 Minute DIY Installation.

The rear Window Blinds are held in Place by 6 U Clamps each, which are to be stuck to the Door at strategic locations, using the provided 2 way Tape.

after a labour of 30 minutes the fitment was done, and not only do the sun blinds provide privacy, but also keep the interiors cool. and yes the Cops haven't stopped me as yet as they do not look 'stuck on' but OEM. Total Damage to the wallet: $425/-

Attached is the Screen grab from the BMW ETK on the fitment.

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-screen-shot-20141025-5.39.27-pm.png
Old 27th October 2014, 11:19   #55
BHPian

Doesn't the X1 has a ground clearance of 200 mm. I saw earlier that Sunilrj has mentioned it as 180 mm. Kindly clarify.
Old 27th October 2014, 14:14   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ordered the original from Agnello, of Prestige BMW of Ramsey New Jersey,
Thanks for the information , can you share contact details of this dealership - do they take online orders or else how have you ordered & paid ? Does BMW allow them to ship overseas ?
Old 27th October 2014, 19:55   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks for the information , can you share contact details of this dealership - do they take online orders or else how have you ordered & paid ? Does BMW allow them to ship overseas ?
Yes definitely, will be more than happy to share. on eBay.com, look for this seller prestigebmwoframsey - once you establish contact you can always order through email

yes they take online orders and send an invoice Through Paypal which i pay. The hard copy of the Invoice is sent along with the package which is shipped through Fedex and normally the package reaches me from the US of A in about 5 days.

Does BMW Allow them to ship overseas ? well quite a few BMW dealers in USA provide International Shipping on their websites. But since the website / application calculates the Shipping charges, the charges are sometimes more than the cost of the item. As far as prestige BMW is concerned, Agnello enquires with Fedex and then intimates you of the shipping charges.
Old 31st December 2014, 07:31   #58
BHPian

Been a while since I bought the X1. The BMW Hard Wax is Hard. had applied it almost 4 -5 months ago and still the effect remains even after the weekly washes.

Purchased a Donut Tyre, with a Jacking kit and a ratchet Spanner. total Damage Rs. 30,331/- for the 135/80/17 Wheel, an Alloy Rim and the Jacking kit.

Also Purchased an Eye Witness! yes the Garmin Dash Cam 20 with GPS which is mounted on the Front windshield and records all the Happenings in front of the Car. Total Damage Rs. 16,000/-

few Details about the Dash Cam 20:

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-pd01lg.jpg

Reliable, Easy-to-use HD Driving Recorder with GPS
HD GPS standalone driving recorder with 2.3-inch LCD display
Snapshot feature allows you to take still images, even remove from vehicle to capture collision damage
Integrated microphone records the sounds inside your vehicle
Incident Detection sensor automatically saves footage of collisions and incidents
Record in High Definition
Garmin Dash Cam is an easy-to-use high-definition driving recorder with 2.3-inch LCD display. It records both audio and video, with GPS for detailed time and location data pinpointing exactly where and when events occurred. Mount the camera to your windshield and record your drive in 1080p, 720p or WVGA. Dash Cam records in a continuous loop, using the included 4 GB microSD™ card. To add more memory, add a larger microSD card (accepts up to 32 GB, sold separately. Class 10 required). Play back the footage on the LCD display or review later on your computer.

The camera has a wide-angle lens that captures the entire road. Its integrated microphone gives you the option of recording audio inside the vehicle.

Your Eyewitness That Never Blinks
No need to worry about starting and stopping. If Dash Cam is plugged into a powered source, it is recording.

The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline-cflg.jpg

All footage is stamped with time and location so you know exactly when and where events occurred. When reviewing footage on your computer, you’ll have a record of latitude, longitude, date, time, speed and direction of travel.

The camera features automatic incident detection (G-Sensor) with customizable sensitivity settings. When an incident – like hard braking or a collision – is detected, your camera knows to save the current, last and next recordings; thereby, preserving a complete record of the event.

For a close-up view of vehicle or property damage, you can remove Dash Cam from your vehicle and take snapshots.

The Negatives: it doesn't allow me to set time in IST. Only time Zones of USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are available

Last edited by Sunilrj : 31st December 2014 at 07:35.
Old 14th January 2015, 22:24   #59
NKR
BHPian

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply on the other thread. Your thread seems quite apt to check for a lot of very essential Bimmer items-Great. Is the Donut Tyre that you procured sufficient? As my X1 is shod with 225/50/17s, which I guess should be yours too. Did you get this from Prestige BMW and can you post some pics please.
Old 15th January 2015, 06:24   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your reply on the other thread. Your thread seems quite apt to check for a lot of very essential Bimmer items-Great. Is the Donut Tyre that you procured sufficient? As my X1 is shod with 225/50/17s, which I guess should be yours too. Did you get this from Prestige BMW and can you post some pics please.
The Donut Tyre better known as the space saver spare wheel as per the Electronic Parts Catalogue is not to be sold to retail customers, but to be kept in stock by BMW service Centres to be used when customers face emergencies. however in India since the dealers are sparse and spread wide apart, they sell these to the retail customers. the Donut was purchased from Navnit Motors, Mangalore. will try to post a few pics when i find time to click them.

Most Viewed