Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 10:39   #91
NKR
BHPian

Re: The X Files - Mineral White BMW X1 Sportline

Thanks, I shall do the check for pulling on an even road. Apart from this and the hard drive the car is quite fine and fun to drive. I have a CE edition that does not have the Xenons. Is it possible to upgrade to Xenons. The BMW Service has quoted so many reasons why it cant be done. The internet describes many methods how it can be done. Any body having any personal experience.
Old 3rd April 2015, 07:10   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Also, just FYI - I just placed an order with a offline store in Delhi for Brake pads, sensors, air filter, diesel filter and cabin filter
The quoted prices were more than significantly lower vs the prices quoted by the dealership
I decided to take a chance and see how this works out
Will post back if the experience is a positive one
That is indeed Good News that parts are available with an offline dealer in Delhi. i hope you have compared the part Numbers of the parts that are being replaced with the new part number.

Quote:
Happy to report that the experience was a very positive one
Received the diesel, air and cabin filters + brake pad and sensors in a day after transferring money
all parts are genuine OE supplier brands (Mahler and Textar) and the quality is top notch
just finished replacing the cabin and air filter myself at a fraction of stealership costs
The brake and diesel filter work due for the weekend at a 3rd party workshop
in fact in UK, US, I presume these entire kits are available with dealers also to be used as DIY projects by customers. a Customer can purchase what is known as the 10000 mile Kit, the 20,000 Mile kit etc.
Old 3rd April 2015, 10:27   #93
NKR
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know about your experience. In your post you mentioned about sensors -what sensors have you changed.Could you please tell why it was changed.You also mentioned procuring the brake pads, was it front or back. Can you please share the prices of the parts you have procured.

The prices of some parts of the car( from my vehicles previous service at BMW Bavaria Pune) is as follows :-

(a) Filt elememt - 1410
(b) Motor oil - 7306
(c) Microfilter - 3182
(d) AIRCO - 1061
(e) Filter element - 3180

So these three filters mentioned must be Air filter, Oil and diesel I suppose I am planning to go in for my service in about a fortnight so I thought I would try to arrange the spares and approach a non- BMW service centre.

The other concern is what about service record up-dating on the Key fob.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th May 2015 at 09:26. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 6th April 2015, 13:59   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKR View Post
Quote:

Good to know about your experience. In your post you mentioned about sensors -what sensors have you changed.Could you please tell why it was changed.You also mentioned procuring the brake pads, was it front or back. Can you please share the prices of the parts you have procured.

The prices of some parts of the car( from my vehicles previous service at BMW Bavaria Pune) is as follows :-

(a) Filt elememt - 1410
(b) Motor oil - 7306
(c) Microfilter - 3182
(d) AIRCO - 1061
(e) Filter element - 3180

So these three filters mentioned must be Air filter, Oil and diesel I suppose I am planning to go in for my service in about a fortnight so I thought I would try to arrange the spares and approach a non- BMW service centre.

The other concern is what about service record up-dating on the Key fob.
Did not get the motor oil changed as thats still some 6K kms away
The Air, Diesel, cabin filters altogether were around 6K (Mahle)
The Indy service center replaced the brake pads, sensor and the diesel filter for a net labor charge of 2.5K
The guys knew what they were doing as they were able to get the whole gig done in under an hour
(A clear sign of a workshop not knowing what it's doing is fiddling around with screws and locks for replacing a part)
I updated the service record later through a OBD II scanner and BMW Scantool

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th May 2015 at 09:26. Reason: Fixing quote tag
abhi182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 17:38   #95
NKR
BHPian

Could you please share the details of the Offline Delhi dealer who stocked your X1's spares. How do we order them, NEFT payments?

I searched for Indy Service centre in Pune, but could not locate it. Is it in Pune? If yes could you direct me. If not, do you know of any one who could do the job in Pune.

Last edited by moralfibre : 15th May 2015 at 09:26. Reason: Removing quote tags
Old 3rd August 2015, 10:49   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share the details of the Offline Delhi dealer who stocked your X1's spares. How do we order them, NEFT payments?

I searched for Indy Service centre in Pune, but could not locate it. Is it in Pune? If yes could you direct me. If not, do you know of any one who could do the job in Pune.
You can call them at +91 8527677357

The replacement was done by an Indy workshop located near Mankar Chowk (on the way towards Hinjewadi just where Wakad starts)-

Last edited by abhi182 : 3rd August 2015 at 10:51.
abhi182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 17:56   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
You can call them at +91 8527677357

The replacement was done by an Indy workshop located near Mankar Chowk (on the way towards Hinjewadi just where Wakad starts)-
Here is what I found with the given number. They also have a short video on the site and another alternate number:
http://goo.gl/1PrjrG

Their URL:
http://www.gapsasia.com/

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 10th August 2015 at 17:59. Reason: Added new URL
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 12:12   #98

Lots of great info here on the maintenance of X1s.

I've come across a 2011 X1 for sale (55000Kms) for about 15L. Everyone tells me its a great deal. For me, not having owned a "luxury" car before, it's a little intimidating. Yet, I'd love the idea of owning a bimmer.

Any tips on what I should look out for before finalizing the purchase decision? (e.g., make sure the brake pads have some life left on it etc.)

And, any ballpark estimates on what the cost of mainteance is moving forward for a 4 year old X1 with 55K on it.

Thank you!
Old 5th October 2015, 13:08   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amreekan View Post

I've come across a 2011 X1 for sale (55000Kms) for about 15L. Everyone tells me its a great deal. For me, not having owned a "luxury" car before, it's a little intimidating. Yet, I'd love the idea of owning a bimmer.

Any tips on what I should look out for before finalizing the purchase decision? (e.g., make sure the brake pads have some life left on it etc.)

And, any ballpark estimates on what the cost of mainteance is moving forward for a 4 year old X1 with 55K on it.

Thank you!
Sir,

That is definitely a good deal going by the price offered, esp in Hyderabad. My suggestion would be to go for a BMW showroom paid check roughly costing Rs 10,000/., not sure if the one in Hyderabad does this. But, another member from this forum got it done at Delhi. See this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...crossover.html

A regular paid service where oil change and other necessary filters were changed would make you poorer by around Rs 30,000/. if done at the authorized showroom. This is needed once in 18 months or 15,000 kms whichever is earlier. Other than that, if there is a breakdown, everything will be as expensive as a 40 Lakh car's parts. The runflat tyres are about Rs 20,000/. each. The spare wheel(which is not part of the car) is around Rs 30,000/.

--Kalyan
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:56   #100

Thank you, kalyan_hyd! Looks like you recently purchased a pre-owned BMW as well.

I am assuming (based on your reply) above that you didn't get the 10K scan/check done in Hyd. May I ask what other checks you had done on your X1 before you purchased it?

In terms of BSI and other types of warranty, were you able to add it to the car at the time of your purchase?

How much should I anticipate paying in annual insurance?

Sorry for the long list of questions. But this would be immensely helpful!
Old 6th October 2015, 10:48   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, kalyan_hyd! Looks like you recently purchased a pre-owned BMW as well.

I am assuming (based on your reply) above that you didn't get the 10K scan/check done in Hyd. May I ask what other checks you had done on your X1 before you purchased it?

In terms of BSI and other types of warranty, were you able to add it to the car at the time of your purchase?

How much should I anticipate paying in annual insurance?

Sorry for the long list of questions. But this would be immensely helpful!
Yes, you are right, I recently got a pre-owned X1. I bought it from a used-car dealer. The only check I got done was from a bank loan automobile valuation agent who is into structural damages et al. Once I got that clearance, I was happy.

I did approach the Hyderabad showroom after the purchase for the service history of the car but they were not interested in sharing the same. However, during my first paid service last month, the SA told me that things seemed okay.

The car was from Oct, 2012 and had crossed the 2 year warranty period by the time I purchased it so I could not get BSI added to it.

Annual insurance should cost you around 75k for 0 depreciation policy with 0% NCB. I had a 50% NCB from my last car so I got it at 38k.

--Kalyan
Old 6th October 2015, 17:28   #102
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Yes, you are right, I recently got a pre-owned X1. I bought it from a used-car dealer. The only check I got done was from a bank loan automobile valuation agent who is into structural damages et al. Once I got that clearance, I was happy.

I did approach the Hyderabad showroom after the purchase for the service history of the car but they were not interested in sharing the same. However, during my first paid service last month, the SA told me that things seemed okay.

The car was from Oct, 2012 and had crossed the 2 year warranty period by the time I purchased it so I could not get BSI added to it.

Annual insurance should cost you around 75k for 0 depreciation policy with 0% NCB. I had a 50% NCB from my last car so I got it at 38k.

--Kalyan
Well kalyan_hyd has pretty much spelt out the costing and estimate. 15 Lakhs for a 2011 Model X1 seems to be too good to be true, since 2012 models are being sold for 19-22 lakhs. therefore it would be wise to get the vehicle evaluated (paid) by the dealership and obtain the service history.

check the underbody and do the regular checks specially for the rear suspension, rear arms, the Gearbox, get a ECU scan done by the service centre and check if any urgent maintenance jobs that had to be done have been postponed for the new buyer.

Regarding costs, the OVRM Assembly excluding the mirror and the body coloured OVRM cover costs Rs. 31,000/-. this should give you an idea about the cost of spares!
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 18:47   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
check the underbody and do the regular checks specially for the rear suspension, rear arms, the Gearbox, get a ECU scan done by the service centre and check if any urgent maintenance jobs that had to be done have been postponed for the new buyer.
Thanks, Sunilrj. Got it. Paid check at the local BMW for service history. I'll do that right away.

How about the "regular checks" you speak about. I'm a noobe (is that the term?), so not sure of what regular checks include. "rear suspension, rear arms, the Gearbox, get a ECU scan" - are all these performed as part of the vehicle check done at the BMW service center? I called them yesterday and they quoted 8K for the check! so I really hope to heaven that it includes all the stuff you refer to above.
Old 7th October 2015, 08:25   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Sunilrj. Got it. Paid check at the local BMW for service history. I'll do that right away.

How about the "regular checks" you speak about. I'm a noobe (is that the term?), so not sure of what regular checks include. "rear suspension, rear arms, the Gearbox, get a ECU scan" - are all these performed as part of the vehicle check done at the BMW service center? I called them yesterday and they quoted 8K for the check! so I really hope to heaven that it includes all the stuff you refer to above.
X1's of 2011-2012 am told generally have a back problem that results in uneven wear of tyres therefore physical inspection of the Rear Suspension, Rear Arms needs to be done by the dealership. Yes my dealer had informed me that this is covered in the Rs. 8000/- Paid health check up.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 00:25   #105
BHPian

Thanks Sunil. Awesome write up.

Could you please let me know where you procured the 3D mat from?

Enjoy the beast

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks