Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 13:34   #31
BHPian

Re: My new ride - Volkswagen Vento TDI Highline

Congratulations Prakash for the new Vento. If you don't mind, I was just wondering if your number plate is as per guidelines mentioned in the CMV Rules. As proud Team-BHP members we should set an example by following correct registration plate guidelines. But again, please correct if I am wrong and your license plate is indeed as per the guidelines.
CapnCook is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 17:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCook View Post
Congratulations Prakash for the new Vento. If you don't mind, I was just wondering if your number plate is as per guidelines mentioned in the CMV Rules. As proud Team-BHP members we should set an example by following correct registration plate guidelines. But again, please correct if I am wrong and your license plate is indeed as per the guidelines.
Hi CanpnCook,

I dont think my number plates comply to CMV Guidelines. You are right we should follow correct guidelines.

Instead of going by the rule of the book, Im going by the spirit of the book. As far as my number is legible and easy to read even from a distance , I dont think Im moving in the wrong direction.

After all, law is not always right !

In any case, we should all follow the rules as much as we can.
Old 19th August 2014, 14:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak91 View Post
You have to long press the boot opening button on the remote key for approx 2-3 seconds. Initially I had this confusion also, the SA cleared it at the time of delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Many congrats Prakashbhai. Wishing you many happy miles with her.

Long press the boot open button on the keyfob and it should open the boot. However, since the Vento's boot doesn't have springs, the boot lid will not open by itself. There is a very simple DIY to get it done however:

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=QfmpM61PNsA

If this hasn't been enabled in your car, it will require a simple VCDS hack. I recall having read it somewhere as the earlier Vento and Polo models did not open the boot after long-pressing the button whereas the current gen. ones do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Yes, thats right. Thats how it is. For jetta you need to remove the trims, but incase of vento it is pretty much visible from the sides itself.

But whether the springs of vento are capable to opening the boot ( after changing the settings or capacity of the spring ) all the way up , needs to be seen.
Thanks a lot the long press did indeed work BTW I also installed the gti grille on my car and got the roof wrapped in gloss black
Old 23rd August 2014, 15:51   #34
BHPian

Congratulations Prakash on your new car; the Volkswagen Vento.

One thing i have noticed is that there is no illuminated "Seat Belt Warning Light" as per the picture you have posted of your car's instrument cluster. Also the same warning light is not there on my Volkswagen Polo High-line 2013 model's instrument cluster though the interiors + features of both the cars are pretty much the same.

Pretty Strange..!!

Overall the car is nice though.
Old 7th September 2014, 19:21   #35
BHPian

Here is an update on my first long drive with the vento.

Travelled to Chennai with family on the route CBE-SALEM-ULUDURPET-TINDIVANAM-CHENNAI and returned on the same route.

I have been used to driving on the other route through Krishnagiri / vellore but knowing through sources the roads are very bad at the moment decided on the other one.

The roads are pretty good on this route except there is a bridge under construction at Salem Attur that can hold you up for a while. 2 lane sections are for a very short and dont really bother.

Now coming to the car, it behaved beautifully. On high speeds if was comfortable and always willing to deliver that extra punch.

The ride was pretty smooth , no bouncing around. Did not get opportunity to hard brake though. A/c works well and cools conveniently in the Salem-Chennai climate.

Obtained an overall of 20.5 kmpl and about 12.5 kmpl in the chennai city.

Next week, will upgrade the speakers and Im also visiting a workshop here to address the back suspensions thud in city drives. It seems a few of the ventos have been addressed to this issue and it works well.
Old 25th September 2014, 15:03   #36
BHPian

Hi Prakash, Congrats on your new ride! Your post is very informative for fellow Coimbatorians. Can you also please share where you got the 3D Kuga mats in CBE and the cost of the paint sealant job at 3M.
Old 25th September 2014, 22:52   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
Here is an update on my first long drive with the vento.

Travelled to Chennai with family on the route CBE-SALEM-ULUDURPET-TINDIVANAM-CHENNAI and returned on the same route.

I have been used to driving on the other route through Krishnagiri / vellore but knowing through sources the roads are very bad at the moment decided on the other one.

The roads are pretty good on this route except there is a bridge under construction at Salem Attur that can hold you up for a while. 2 lane sections are for a very short and dont really bother.

Now coming to the car, it behaved beautifully. On high speeds if was comfortable and always willing to deliver that extra punch.

The ride was pretty smooth , no bouncing around. Did not get opportunity to hard brake though. A/c works well and cools conveniently in the Salem-Chennai climate.

Obtained an overall of 20.5 kmpl and about 12.5 kmpl in the chennai city.

Next week, will upgrade the speakers and Im also visiting a workshop here to address the back suspensions thud in city drives. It seems a few of the ventos have been addressed to this issue and it works well.

Please please post a detailed report if you happen to solve the thud issue.

The rear thud and hard clutch are the 2 most irritating problem in the vento
Old 17th February 2015, 17:48   #38
BHPian

My Vento - First Service of 15,000 Kms Interval.

After a long silence, I have updates on my vento. For the first 3-4 months I was using my vento very sparingly with only about 2700 Kms on odo until November 2014.

During the 1st week of December ' 14 , I decided to use the car for what it was supposed to be. Long drives.

I had been travelling all by myself in Vento for nearly 45 days covering about 15,000 KMs in total. Thats an average of 330 Kms / Day ! In these 1.5 months ( all work related ) I have travelled from TN to Karnataka , MP , Maharashtra , Chattisgarh , AP and D&NH ( partially entering and exiting Gujarat ).

During these months , Vento had to go through some the best and worst of roads. Worst being as bad as the Hyd - Nagpur ( Hinganghat , Chandrapur - Pedapalli , Adilabad - Ghatanji and Adilabad - Wani Warora ). People who have travelled on these roads will understand what I mean.

I have travelled to and fro Hyd - Nagpur not once but thrice ! and I came back home and left again for Nagpur. That is CBE-NGP/Indore twice.

Now, I can safely say - yes I have enjoyed every bit of the ride during these 1.5 months. This is a fantastic car , with a great engine and decent handling for my driving behaviour.

Towards the end of 15K Km odo reading the engine sounded rather rough. I was unable to top up oil and clean filters as I was continuously travelling work related. I also missed the free check up on 7500 Kms.

During this period the car had its own share of ups and downs. A couple of accidents which were beyond my control:

1) First 1 happened while in Nagpur. I had parked the car outside on the road ( as hotel did not have car parking facility ) on a busy commercial road. The car's boot got completely damaged when a drunk car guy rammed into a rickshaw-wallah , who in-turn smashed into the boot of the car. This happened late in the night and the drunk car guy fled the scene. Last I knew the rickshaw guy was serious in condition.

When I travelled to Coimbatore , I got the boot replaced ( due to severe damage dent removal was not possible ). A total of Rs. 14,500. insurance paid for it. I paid the mandatory charge of Rs. 2500/-.

2) Second accident was when I was returning home. I was paying at a toll booth in Nellore and a Zen was standing behind me. While I was exchanging money with the toll guy, I get a hard jerk from behind and this pushed the car ahead by 3-4 feet. I thought to myself the bumper is gone and might be the boot again !! Luckily nothing much happened and only 2-3 slight paint peel offs.

When turned over to the young driver of zen , he immediately apologized saying I was counting Change for the toll charge.

3) Some more stupid instances wherein two wheelers have jumped in front of the car on a few occasions leading to mild scratches on front bumper and already bruised rear bumper.

It is getting increasingly difficult to find common sense and civility on our roads.

- For me , the best tyre pressure for optimum ride and steering feel is 31 PSI.

Finally got the car serviced at 17K Kms at VW Ramani , Coimbatore. I paid a total of Rs. 13,046 for the services with extras being two horns ( both low tone and high tone with minor spares and labour costing Rs. 4271/- for the horn alone ! ) Change of horn was a waste of money but the hella that I got fixed when I bought the car was misbehaving even after attending to twice. The low tone that came with the car which I carried along with was not working it seems !! Sometimes situations are very surprising to believe !

- The door squeaking is no more. Rubber tube was inserted between the door beading. This has worked wonders for the door noise.

- Im having a feeling as if the suspensions are now 'settling' down.The ride is not as bouncy as before. The loud thuds over pot holes and speed breakers are getting lesser and lesser. Does this have anything to do with the tyre pressure ? I dont know.

- I have added the 3M diesel additive. Not finding any changes in engine performance yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks