Old 31st July 2014, 19:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Perfect Family Sedan - Honda City i-DTEC VX MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post

Herculean Mileage figure on the Expressway
Cruise control set at 60kmph, AC off and Sunroof on Vent mode
Holy 'City' rahulsharma2008 !!

That is almost equivallent to 'Instantaneous Consumption' that pops up ocassionally on my GT TDI bro.

Quote:

Highway Mileage

Couldnt have asked for more!
I am sure you could not have, considering the comfort of the Cruise Control. The best I have seen on my GT at those speeds is around 24.4 Km/l.
I guess, One can really dream big, with Earth Dream !!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 13:10   #17

Having done 6000 plus kms and some tough hill duty, the city ( idtec - v) impresses on all fronts. Got a chance to it up some extreme slopes around Nainital, and the car pulled through wonderfully and even shamed most petrol cars. I am not talking about the average Nainital drive, I am talking about roads where 4x4s rule. You do need to up shift more than the petrol versions to keep the engine in the 2000 rpm range to generate enough torque on these kind of slopes.

What I liked most. The stress free drive just as you would expect in any Honda . If only we would get a diesel automatic !!!!
Old 26th June 2015, 23:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Fogging/Misting of Headlamps from the corners as seen below

I am considering buying the City i-Dtec VX, but am skeptical on how the leather seats will hold up in Mumbai rains and humidity. Given that you have the VX trim, can you please relate your experience with the leather upholstery in your car in Mumbai weather?
Old 29th June 2015, 09:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
I am considering buying the City i-Dtec VX, but am skeptical on how the leather seats will hold up in Mumbai rains and humidity. Given that you have the VX trim, can you please relate your experience with the leather upholstery in your car in Mumbai weather?

No problems with the Mumbai weather. I guess the leather is treated to resist moisture. I usually wipe with a dry cloth if the seats get wet. You can go ahead with your VX purchase.
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 10:00   #20

Hi Rahul
I am considering the City MT VX against Vento TDI DSG. What has been your experience with Car till now?
Am quite confused with the two options as the Vento rides amazing and the City is too comfy and spacious to let go.
Old 31st August 2015, 10:52   #21

Rahul, I faced the same dilemma like you. The Vento has a better engine and now an auto gearbox with the deisel (ie; if you prefer automatics).

The city beats the vento in all other departments. Looks, Space, Features & most importantly Premiumness. I have an I dtec - V have done 20000 kms so far. There were a few teething troubles but all were resolved on the first service and the car drives like a dream. Love the car.

My advise, go for the City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks