Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2014, 22:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
26Km per liter. Things just keep getting better and better.
Aneezan, Firstly hearty congratulations on this white beauty. I think you made a wise decision going for a polo over an i20 and also the offers you were able to get on the car is a good deal. And trust me I was awestruck when I saw these numbers on your MID

Also If I am not wrong, the current polo's came with smoked headlamps right, I see that your's is not smoked. Am I missing something here?
Old 1st August 2014, 17:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats aneezan, those are some very high mile munching, was this happening with the Alto as well or it started after the oil burner? I had just two questions:

a. Weren't the headlamps supposed to be smoked or are they only part of the highline?
b. Any particular reasons for not waiting for the new Polo which comes with 90 bhp.
Old 4th August 2014, 15:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Aneezan, Firstly hearty congratulations on this white beauty. I think you made a wise decision going for a polo over an i20 and also the offers you were able to get on the car is a good deal. And trust me I was awestruck when I saw these numbers on your MID

Also If I am not wrong, the current polo's came with smoked headlamps right, I see that your's is not smoked. Am I missing something here?
Thanks fusionbang.
Smoked Headlamps are a feature only on the Highline. Mine is a comfortline

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats aneezan, those are some very high mile munching, was this happening with the Alto as well or it started after the oil burner? I had just two questions:

a. Weren't the headlamps supposed to be smoked or are they only part of the highline?
b. Any particular reasons for not waiting for the new Polo which comes with 90 bhp.
Thanks motomaverick, The high usage is with the Polo. Alto's figures were very humble.

a) explained in same post above.
b) Didn't have the time to wait. Needed the car very quickly.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 15:24   #34
BHPian

First issues:-
- There is some issue with the rear left tire. I had mentioned previously that the pressure was too low. I had ensured 33psi all round before I left Nagercoil for Bangalore yesterday.
Checked again in Bangalore at night once I arrived. It was at 21. Must be a small nail or something that is causing the leak.

- The auto up/down feature stopped working on the driver side window on the way to Bangalore. The window rolls up to the top and then rolls back down automatically as if it were acting on the anti-pinch function.
Surprisingly, didn't happen today. Window rolls up/down automatically, so all is well. Have to monitor.
Old 4th August 2014, 15:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First issues:-
- There is some issue with the rear left tire. I had mentioned previously that the pressure was too low. I had ensured 33psi all round before I left Nagercoil for Bangalore yesterday.
Checked again in Bangalore at night once I arrived. It was at 21. Must be a small nail or something that is causing the leak.
It must be because of a puncture on your tire, get it checked.

Quote:
The auto up/down feature stopped working on the driver side window on the way to Bangalore. The window rolls up to the top and then rolls back down automatically as if it were acting on the anti-pinch function.
Surprisingly, didn't happen today. Window rolls up/down automatically, so all is well. Have to monitor.
I have seen the similar kind of issue on my friend's Fabia, it is because they have the anti pinch function in them. But my friend used to switch the ignition off, remove the key and restart to overcome this issue. Not sure if it is completely solved, will check with him and let you know.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 22:06   #36
BHPian

Some more pics during the latest trip:-
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-003.jpg
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-001.jpg

The road towards Trivandrum, which is usually busy, was sparse at this time(6:30AM). The excellent weather was a great bonus on this drive.
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-013.jpg
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-014.jpg

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-021.jpg
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-023.jpg
aneezan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 13:21   #37
BHPian

Hi aneezan,

We are on a hatchback buying spree and currently more keen on Grand i10 Diesel but little worried on width & space as it will replace my swift. Hence we are also looking at Polo TDI.

How do you fine Engine refinement (Read Noise level) on highway ?
Old 5th August 2014, 21:39   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi aneezan,

We are on a hatchback buying spree and currently more keen on Grand i10 Diesel but little worried on width & space as it will replace my swift. Hence we are also looking at Polo TDI.

How do you fine Engine refinement (Read Noise level) on highway ?

Refinement is not a strong point of the Polo. The noise is clearly audible at low speeds.
On the highway though, with a little bit of music, you won't hear a thing from the outside.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:00   #39
BHPian

Quote:
It must be because of a puncture on your tire, get it checked.

I have seen the similar kind of issue on my friend's Fabia, it is because they have the anti pinch function in them. But my friend used to switch the ignition off, remove the key and restart to overcome this issue. Not sure if it is completely solved, will check with him and let you know.
Thanks fusion. It was indeed a puncture. Was actually surprised that these tires can hold on during a 600 km journey even after they've got a nail sticking into them.

The window issue has not repeated yet. But in any case, if you get any information, kindly let me know.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks fusion. It was indeed a puncture. Was actually surprised that these tires can hold on during a 600 km journey even after they've got a nail sticking into them.

The window issue has not repeated yet. But in any case, if you get any information, kindly let me know.
Yes aneezan, really happy that now all the cars come with tubeless tires which is indeed very helpful during long journeys. Good to know you got it resolved

And on the window issue, my friend confirmed that he re-installed the software and it is working fine now. But still sometimes he encounters this issue, which is very rare say once in a year or so, or it might not occur also.

He told me it might be due to the following reasons:
1. Loose connection between motor and switch
2. And since anti pinch is software controlled, it might be software issue.
3. External accessories, which is blocking the window from not rolling up.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hello Aneezan,congrats.Always loved the Polo for its no-nonsense and straight design.4k in one month...you are doing justice on buying a Diesel car.I have a 2010 Swift Diesel 45k (the last 7k done in one month) and pretty happy with the car apart from the rattles.I am keen in replacing maybe by next year and I have the Polo in my wishlist,Since the swift lacks in safety features which I feel has become a necessity.I did TD THE Polo GT Tdi and was blown away by the power it had.I do agree with you on the reassuring feel you get inside a Polo.
All the best and safe driving
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 16:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Yes aneezan, really happy that now all the cars come with tubeless tires which is indeed very helpful during long journeys. Good to know you got it resolved

And on the window issue, my friend confirmed that he re-installed the software and it is working fine now. But still sometimes he encounters this issue, which is very rare say once in a year or so, or it might not occur also.

He told me it might be due to the following reasons:
1. Loose connection between motor and switch
2. And since anti pinch is software controlled, it might be software issue.
3. External accessories, which is blocking the window from not rolling up.
Shall keep monitoring. Hope it doesn't repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Hello Aneezan,congrats.Always loved the Polo for its no-nonsense and straight design.4k in one month...you are doing justice on buying a Diesel car.I have a 2010 Swift Diesel 45k (the last 7k done in one month) and pretty happy with the car apart from the rattles.I am keen in replacing maybe by next year and I have the Polo in my wishlist,Since the swift lacks in safety features which I feel has become a necessity.I did TD THE Polo GT Tdi and was blown away by the power it had.I do agree with you on the reassuring feel you get inside a Polo.
All the best and safe driving
Thanks rakesh. The Polo is a safe bet. The new one is much better now. Let me know when you finally take the plunge.
Old 7th August 2014, 12:25   #43
BHPian

I finally crossed 4000KM yesterday, during an Electronic City to Whitefield trip.
This has been covered in 34 days, an average of 117.6 km per day. Mind-boggling for me to think I would be using the car this much.

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-img_20140806_214813.jpg
Old 11th August 2014, 10:43   #44
BHPian

Hi Aneezan,

Took the test drive of Polo Diesel 1.5L.
Since its for my wife, she did the beginning and she was much impressed with the gear shift as it did not required to be down shifted for sudden stop-start (surprisingly) and U-turns.

Later I took the wheels and went for the maximum Rev of engine, crossing 100 marks in third gear. Yes the engine seems to cry (I felt it) but for a good insulation, we were good inside.
Well it now between Grand i10 and Polo as the primary criteria is that my wife liking and its not limited to just color.
Old 12th August 2014, 09:41   #45
BHPian

Maintaining a car, and a white one at that, is difficult! With the rains and the slush these days, its becoming even more painful.
My earlier silver Alto, didn't seem to pick up such amount of dirt over a week. Just when I wake up one morning with the thought of doing a proper clean-up, it starts drizzling. And I wonder, "what's the use? its going to get back dirty within moments"
Sometimes, I do wish I had picked up a darker color, maybe the grey/silver shade.

Driving around in a less than clean car also has its psychological "draw-backs" too. I tend to thrash the car a little more more. I care a little less if I plunk her into a muddy pot-hole, thinking "how much more dirty can it get?"

But:-
All said and driven as above, there is a deep satisfaction in washing the car myself, and making sure all inches are cleaned and covered. Sweating profusely, I step back and look at her once the job is done. Very tired, its only a smile that comes to my face:
"I chose the right car and the right color to match!"

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-polo-018.jpg

Last edited by aneezan : 12th August 2014 at 09:41. Reason: alignment
aneezan is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed