Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 19:10   #61
BHPian

Re: My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
Hi Aneezan, Next time you want to reach Mysore, why not try the Nagamangala route. I usually take that route from my home in Vidyaranyapuram.
You can take the Nelamangala left coming on Tumkur road that'll take you to the hassan expressway. After the 2nd toll booth, take the left to Pandavapura and follow the scenic 2 lane twisties. You connect to Srirangapatna (Mysore Road), then on the traffic is less. I usually make the trip with breakfast stops in 3 hours (+/-) 15 minutes.

Your Polo looks awesome. Can I suggest getting rid of the side black protectors ?

Thanks no_boundaries. Not sure when my next trip to Mysore will be, but will surely look at this option.
Thanks also for your suggestion on the protectors but don't know if i will remove them.
Old 14th October 2014, 12:31   #62
BHPian

I have been finally rear-ended by a Bolero over the weekend. Happened on Whitefield road near Forum Value Mall. The traffic was heavy and I was deliberately keeping a distance from the vehicle in-front of me. Then a loud dash. Oh God. My car got its first mark of Bangalore, I thought as I rushed back to check.

By the luck of it, only damage was to the numberplate lights. They had come out of their hold and were hanging loosely. Inspected for any cracks, but it seems the Polo's bumpers are not the tinny kind. I was definitely expecting a large scale crack by the sound of it.

The AP regd Bolero had fled by then.
Pockets smaller by Rs.1600/-, but it was much more than the money.

Last edited by aneezan : 14th October 2014 at 12:33.
Old 14th October 2014, 17:08   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I have been finally rear-ended by a Bolero over the weekend.
Sorry to hear that aneezan. The first hit hurts the most! Any dents to the rear bumper?

On the Polo, the numberplate lights are simply latched to the slots and not screwed. Pretty easy to be stolen as well. You can easily remove them with your bare fingers. Not sure if this is the same case with the Vento and Jetta as well.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 17:30   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sorry to hear that aneezan. The first hit hurts the most! Any dents to the rear bumper?

On the Polo, the numberplate lights are simply latched to the slots and not screwed. Pretty easy to be stolen as well. You can easily remove them with your bare fingers. Not sure if this is the same case with the Vento and Jetta as well.
Thanks Gannu_1. It was easy to put them back in place, but the bulbs were broken in my case. So I had to get them replaced.
Old 14th October 2014, 17:32   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but the bulbs were broken in my case. So I had to get them replaced.
But Rs. 1600 for 2 W5W bulbs doesn't make sense! Please tell me you didn't spend that much for those 2 measly bulbs.
Old 14th October 2014, 17:37   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
But Rs. 1600 for 2 W5W bulbs doesn't make sense! Please tell me you didn't spend that much for those 2 measly bulbs.
That's a mistake I shouldn't make next time. VW Whitefield said they had to replace the entire assembly, OR nothing at all.
Old 14th October 2014, 18:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's a mistake I shouldn't make next time. VW Whitefield said they had to replace the entire assembly, OR nothing at all.
Tell VW Whitefield SA that, what if a bulb fuses in headlamp, will they change the whole assembly for it!

Philips W5W bulb were available for measly sum of Rs 100 for a pair, way back in 2012. Price shouldn't be more than Rs 120 in 2014. Purchase it from any car shop and install them on your own D.I.Y.

You can refer to below link.

Link.

Last edited by el lobo 6061 : 14th October 2014 at 18:38.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 11:20   #68
BHPian

This thread is long overdue for a post. I've crossed 13,000 Km in the six months of excellent ownership. Has included a few 1000+ stretch journeys as well.
Mileage has been a consistent 18-22 on the highways. On the last journey from Chennai to Nagercoil, it averaged 24.6. I can't imagine how I managed to get that, but the speed was below 100km/hr throughout.
Pic taken on NH45. Along with my BIL's Polo
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-img_20141228_200646.jpg

The only -ve so far, dents/scratches on the bottom below the left doors. It was purely my mistake. I parked the car without noticing some fairly large stones in the vicinity. When reversing/turning, I managed to get them under the car and paid this penalty.
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-img_20141110_165749351.jpg

I still haven't got this repaired. Replacing the entire section would cost close to 20k. A touch-up and repaint-about 4k.
Old 19th February 2015, 09:03   #69
BHPian

A little over 7 months of ownership now, and I am really happy to say it has been pleasant. Not during a single instance has it let me down. Have covered 14350Km so far.
Last year saw the majority of the long distance drives and saw the kilometers fly past. 2015 has been sedate so far. No outstation trips yet!

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-017.jpg

The good so far:-
- Solid, durable and safe feel inside
- Stability and drive on the highway
- Mileage
- Managed to over-come the long clutch travel "issue". Just got used to it.

The not so good:-
- Too much work on the gears in traffic.
- The noise of the 3 cylinder.
- Space at the rear.
- Stock lights

Apart from the scratch/dent that caused a heart-break, there hasn't been a single instance of worry.
The only to dos:-
- either remove or change the mud-flaps, which have been prone to abuse.
- change the headlights to something more powerful

The next long drive is long due, but I just want to wait for the first service which is due in about 700Km.

A few pics:-
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-003.jpg

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-004.jpg

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-005.jpg

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-019.jpg

Mileage inching towards the 15000Km mark
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-022.jpg

..when the first service is due
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-024.jpg
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 20:53   #70
BHPian

My Volkswagen Polo TDi suddenly got the Engine Check light about 1.5 months back. I immediately took it to the Volkswagen Service Center at Apple Auto(Volkswagen Whitefield), KR Puram, Bangalore. They asked me to leave the car for 2 days so that a complete check can be done. I got the car after 2 days saying that there was a software upgrade done. The light was back again a week back and my wife took it to the Service Center again. It was "fixed" and the car was returned after 5 hours with the Service Manager confirming that this issue won't happen again.

Not 2 days passed and the light has re-appeared.The service center has asked for the car to be left for another 3 days to do a complete check.
I am not in the country currently and completely frustrated and helpless. My wife has to deal with taking the car numerous times to the service center wasting her time(and fuel) just because of the in-inadequacies of the service personnel and the overall lack of any responsibility.
Old 1st August 2015, 12:40   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Not 2 days passed and the light has re-appeared.The service center has asked for the car to be left for another 3 days to do a complete check.
I am not in the country currently and completely frustrated and helpless. My wife has to deal with taking the car numerous times to the service center wasting her time(and fuel) just because of the in-inadequacies of the service personnel and the overall lack of any responsibility.
That's bad. What is the status now?
Old 3rd August 2015, 02:17   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
That's bad. What is the status now?
The car was taken again. Hopefully, we should get it in about 4 days time. . I've asked that a thorough check be done. Most probably the sensor might have gone faulty.
Meanwhile, we've been given a Vento as a replacement.
Old 28th October 2015, 15:20   #73
BHPian

Its been a long 5 months. Within the space of these 5 months, my car has been to the VW service station about 6 times. All of them for the same issue : Check Engine Warning light. Each time the car was given back with the same assurance - there was a wire cut and has been fixed.
The fifth time it happened, i sent a strong worded mail to the Service head which was preceeded by a few like minded phone calls. The car was promptly taken, "Fixed" and returned the same evening. Now, imagine my horror when it happens again today morning. I am simply out of my wits now. Now, the car has been taken again with a promise to get some expert help from VW itself.

Now to some important points:-
- We bought a VW with the knowledge that the A.S.S is is not in the league of Maruti or Hyundai. Neither me nor my wife expected it was this bad.
- Both of us still strongly love our car. It has been perfect every inch, except for this one issue. The car and the After Sales experience are 2 different things.
- I know this can be easily fixed if a proper diagnosis is done. But that hasn't been the case.
- What has really upset us is the way this issue has been handled so far. In-spite of knowing that it has happened repeatedly over the recent months, the lackluster attitude of VW has been the showpiece in this episode.
- The service personnel have been giving false statements all these months, maybe doing a reset.
- That the issue doesn't return once more doesn't deter my opinion of VW service henceforth. Its the worst ever.
- Just comparing it with my humble Alto 800 which I had for over 5 years with nil bad experiences gives me even more frustration. Even after a serious accident, it returned to it good old self.

Now, I am at cross-roads. I am a frequent out-station traveler and its my wife who is the primary user of the car and not the one who is used to dealing with such issues.
- I want to take this up at a higher level, if so directly with VW India. I tired posting on their Facebook page, but the post didn't appear. Any help is appreciated.
- I am looking to replace the car in the near future. I now believe, the aftersales experience is far more of importance. I still love VW and their cars, but more than that, I need some peace.

Last edited by aneezan : 28th October 2015 at 15:21.
Old 28th October 2015, 16:27   #74
BHPian

My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey

May I suggest you to look at another service centre? All of them have their equal share of incompetent idiots but maybe you can ask our members if they know someone personally who can help with this?

Let me try linking this post to their FB. I too love the Vento and it's such a capable car let down by their pathetic service

Last edited by Mad Max : 28th October 2015 at 16:33.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 18:33   #75
BHPian

Received the car today with the Warning light fixed -
Follow-up mail sent by the SM below.

Sincerely hoping this is the last time this happens.

Quote:
From: chethan gatti <chethank.gatti@vw-appleauto.co.in<mailto:chethank.gatti@vw-appleauto.co.in>>
Date: 4 November 2015 at 5:30:40 PM IST
To:
Cc: CRM <crm.service@vw-appleauto.co.in<mailto:crm.service@vw-appleauto.co.in>>
Subject: KA03MU1982 MIL concern

Dear Madam,

Greetings from VW Whitefield !!!!

As we discussed, we have picked up your vehicle from your office on 28-10-2015 for MIL on cluster as a repeated concern, we have checked your vehicle thoroughly and diagnosed the problem by taking the help from VW technical team. We found the oxygen sensor is the faulty in your vehicle. So we have replaced the part with the new one as per the VW standards and took the road test, now we are finding the problem is resolved and the vehicle is in roadworthy condition and ready for delivery.

Assuring the best service always.

Thanks & Regards,

Chethan K Gatti
Service Manager

Volkswagen Whitefield
Apple Auto Pvt Ltd
102/1, Outer Ring Road
B. Narayana Pura, Whitefield
Bangalore : 560 016.

Attaching the invoice. I wasn't charged for this, though mentioned.
My white Volkswagen Polo TDi's journey-oxygen-sensor.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks