Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2014, 19:10   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Just tell me from the next tankfuls on how many liters go soon after you get the low fuel warning light; And do this for at least 3-4 tankfuls and you will talk the same what I am referring to, here!
I find the range quite reliable though it hasn't reached '0'.

From the low fuel warming lamp, I get 32-34L of fuel till auto cut-off.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 19:27   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The Range goes Blank as soon as the Low Fuel warning light comes on.
Quote:
Anurag.
..and that is almost similar to what I mentioned (34-36 liters)! And are you sure that the range never reached '0' (Dashes), and you still had the low fuel warning lamp on? I am curious now as it has always been Low Fuel warning light + Blank Range for me till date.

So isn't it fair to say that the reserve is definitely in the range of 8-10 liters based on the inputs either of us gave?

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th August 2014 at 19:28.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 19:42   #63
BANNED

Quote:
And are you sure that the range never reached '0' (Dashes), and you still had the low fuel
By '0' what I meant was the engine going dead due to no fuel which I know shouldn't be done ever.

The range goes "--.- km" as soon as it reaches 50 kms.

Quote:
So isn't it fair to say that the reserve is definitely in the range of 8-10 liters based on the inputs either of us gave?
As we are on the topic of reserve capacity, I just filled up diesel now and it came to 37.90 L from low fuel warning lamp whereas normally I get between 32-34L. A plus of almost 5L.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th August 2014 at 19:43.
Old 13th August 2014, 19:48   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!

Quote:
By '0' what I meant was the engine going dead due to no fuel which I know shouldn't be done ever.
That's going to be tragic!
Quote:
The range goes "--.- km" as soon as it reaches 50 kms.
Have seen the range drop from 45 to 30 to ---- very very fast.
Quote:
As we are on the topic of reserve capacity, I just filled up diesel now and it came to 37.90 L from low fuel warning lamp whereas normally I get between 32-34L. A plus of almost 5L.

Anurag.
Happens to most of us but you have already told from your samples that it varies between 32-34 Liters which is fair enough.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 22:06   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhharan1 View Post
A brilliant and detailed narrations of emotions coupled with your family's passionate car history! You are a great son and your father should be as proud as everyone who reads this will feel. Brilliant !!!
Thank you, vhharan1. I am humbled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_naik View Post
Quite a unique post. Enjoyed reading it. Congratulations to your Dad as well as you.

I normally like pics taken in the 1980s or 1990s since those bring back my childhood memories when i used to dream of owning a car (though i was just a school going kid then). Thank you for posting pics taken in 1988 and 1991. Priceless pics.
Thank you, n_naik.

Photos of those times are like nostalgic memories. I am glad we have them saved in albums till now. On further digging I found black & white snaps of Dad and his Yezdi, and before that he with his Ideal Jawa. Great finds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Dear sir, you made me cry.

Wish your dad many years of safe driving and good health.
Thank you, AtheK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Avi - the report did bring tears to my eye. You are lucky to have a passionate dad and he is lucky to have a son like you.
Hats off to both of you.

--Anoop
Thank you so much, Anoop.

Quote:
For a tank capacity of 45 Liters, I have always & often noticed that the Low Fuel warning light comes when there is approximately 10 liters left. I have driven with the low fuel warning light within the city for at least 20 kms and upon refilling till Auto-Cut off, the fuel that got dispensed into the tank has consistently varied between 34-36 liters.
The Swift has a tank of 42, and I am assuming that the main should be 35-36 liters. I think it's the same with your Ertiga's main as well, but due to the 45-liter tank, the reserve is around 9-10 liters.

The problem here lies with the MID, which is not perfectly calibrated for most cars, specially when throwing up data on fuel remaining & distance-to-empty. Many people have reported of their cars still continuing on when the DTE is at "0", and that shows the iffy nature of the MID indicators.

Quote:
In your above instance, 103 kms of run may have consumed at least 7-8 liters ((~14.xx Kmpl).
I am guessing 7 liters at most, taking MID variations into account. Remember, the ODO had 7 kms on it when we took delivery.

Quote:
5 liters from the Dealer & 14 more filled by your dad translates to 19 liters. Going by the average FE for that 103kms and consumption of 8-9 liters, the Fuel warning light may have glowed when there was 10-11 liters left which I think is reasonably acceptable.
If the reserve had 10 liters in it, filling 26 liters thereafter would have made it 36 liters, which means the fuel needle should ideally be somewhere near the Full "F" mark, or between the "F" mark and the 3/4th mark at most. But the needle rested at the 3/4th tank mark!

Quote:
EDIT: Next time you can try this-
Fill till Auto cut off, drive till the warning light comes on and refill again till Auto cut off. Repeat this for around 3-4 tankfuls and you will get the precise number.
That, IMO, is the best possible solution to deduce the approximate exact figure of the reserve.

Quote:
Additionally - On MID displaying the FE, please reset the FE every time you refill. I have noticed that the FE displayed in MID is around 0.5-0.7 more than real world numbers.
Yep, the FE showing in the MID is usually at least 0.5 points over and above the actual FE. The FuelLog application has highlighted this everytime I have filled in the tankfuls.

Quote:
I get the low fuel warming lamp when the range goes before 50 kms so fuel that could be present in therank atthat time could be 2-3 litres.

10L as a reserve capacity is doubtful.
10 liters could be a reserve in the Ertiga, Anurag, being a bigger vehicle and having a bigger tank. Like I said, the Swift might be carrying 6-7 liters at most, from the "Low Fuel Indicator" point.

Quote:
You see, that's the biggest problem with "Range". It will be 50 and it keeps dropping at the rate of 5kms for ever 1km you cover when range becomes 30. Don't be too ambitious about the Range displayed on MID as we have already known how reliable can the range really be.
And that is never accurate. You never know when the DTE will dip alarmingly and you just haven't found a pump yet! Best thing to do is to tank up as soon as it lights up, and not be too dependent on the reserve capacity, how big or small it is.

Quote:
And no, lets not talk about refilling based on the needle at quarter or halfway mark - Lets test it only when the low fuel indicator comes on. That's going to help us get close to the real number behind the reserve capacity (and this is exactly what has made me comment about the reserve capacity too)
Yep, and that's the best way to find out the exact capacity of the reserve.

Quote:

Very useful. That means the Swift has a maximum of 8 liters on reserve, which is pretty much according to mine and Parag's assumptions.

Quote:
And that's again the MID inaccuracy coming to the fore! Can't depend on it.

Almost 38 liters means 4 liters in reserve! Which is quite drastic. The more realistic point would be 35 liters main, 7 liters reserve. I think it's the same for the Ertiga's main fuel tank as well - 35 in main, and 10 in reserve.

Now, assuming that the Swift carries 7-8 liters in reserve (let's take 8 liters as a point), our Silver Queen should have 11 liters in main. 15.8 kmpl on the MID, for which let's strike off 0.8 points as MID variation and assume 15 kmpl as the FE. 103 kms on the ODO would mean 7 liters spent to reach there, and add 7-8 liters of reserve to it, which makes it 15 liters. 5 liters are still unaccounted for.

I am guessing either one of two things happening here:-

- Either the dealership forgot to fill their complimentary 5 liters, which is highly unlikely because Dad drove the car all the way to the petrol pump nearest to our home and filled her up + dealership manager says it was done in his presence, and I have no reason to doubt him.

- The petrol pump where Dad filled up, forgot to reset to 0 after someone else filled up their tank before Dad. I am guessing it might have been a two-wheeler who poured in 4-5 liters of fuel (or maybe Rs. 500/- worth), and then the attendant simply carried on forward into our Swift, until the display showed Rs. 1100/-. This case is more likely, since the pump is overcrowded these days due to repeated shortage of petrol. Dad admitted he was busy happily chatting with Dad-in-law, and in his happiness and excitement, didn't pay attention to what the attendant was doing.

Thank you so much guys for your inputs. Like Parag said, subsequent tankfuls from the "Low FE" blinks would give us an accurate idea of how much the reserve actually carries.

But from what I can deduce now from what Anurag has clarified, the main is not more than 34-35 liters, and the reserve is not more than 7-8 liters.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th August 2014 at 22:10.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 23:37   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
If the reserve had 10 liters in it, filling 26 liters thereafter would have made it 36 liters, which means the fuel needle should ideally be somewhere near the Full "F" mark, or between the "F" mark and the 3/4th mark at most. But the needle rested at the 3/4th tank mark!
Bingo, that's the point I wanted to make!

Quote:
Yep, the FE showing in the MID is usually at least 0.5 points over and above the actual FE.
I am experiencing a difference of 1-1.5 kmpl between the MID and real time data.

Quote:
10 liters could be a reserve in the Ertiga, Anurag, being a bigger vehicle and having a bigger tank.
I agree bhai but I told that as I thought Parag was referring the Swift. Ertiga may have 10L, no idea.

Quote:
Best thing to do is to tank up as soon as it lights up, and not be too dependent on the reserve capacity, how big or small it is.
I never do that except in very rare cases. The moment the needle reaches 'E', I fill the tank.

Drive around till the low fuel warning lamp, fill up till auto lock. Check what quantity fills in.

Quote:
- Either the dealership forgot to fill their complimentary 5 liters
Not possible AFAIK!

Quote:
- The petrol pump where Dad filled up, forgot to reset to 0 after someone else filled up their tank before Dad.
Could be possible due to excitement!

------------------

Thinking to shoot a mail to Maruti on this issue to find out the reserve capacity for the Swift and Ertiga (P & D).

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th August 2014 at 23:40.
Old 14th August 2014, 01:06   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I learned a lesson on that Sunday - we are so busy being practical in our daily lives, we forget the worth of emotions. And, driving passion is driven solely by emotions.
So true.
Congratulations !!!! sorry I joined the party late.

Excellent narration.You made the right move and grabbed the opportunity to make your man happy , indeed how many millions of times he might have made you happy in the lifetime. Iam sure more than half of the folks who read this thread have started thinking what could they have done or can do now to make parents happy.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 21:34   #68
BHPian

Congratulations on getting pa a car of his choice.

Quote:
notice the absence of body-hugging sides
That's surprising. Seems like it happened when the covers were put on? Refer image from the tbhp Swift review.
isiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 21:14   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
So true.
Congratulations !!!! sorry I joined the party late.

Excellent narration.You made the right move and grabbed the opportunity to make your man happy , indeed how many millions of times he might have made you happy in the lifetime. Iam sure more than half of the folks who read this thread have started thinking what could they have done or can do now to make parents happy.
Thank you so much for the kind words, pdma.

Chances like this are very few in one's lifetime. I am glad God (and destiny) provided me with an opportunity like this. As the motto of one of my favorite films says - "It's all about loving your parents."

2 whole weeks have passed, and the infectious smile and renewed enthusiasm is yet to wane. The Silver Queen is munching up the kilometers at an astonishing rate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Congratulations on getting pa a car of his choice.
Thank you, isiv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
That's surprising. Seems like it happened when the covers were put on? Refer image from the tbhp Swift review.
Yep. The MGA art-leather seat cover set is more at fault here. It's TOO tight to be a snug fit, IMO. There is a small side-support area protruding on both sides of the front seats after the covers were fitted, which is too small to be spotted/felt. In the end, it doesn't matter much because the seats are very comfortable.

Quote:
Thinking to shoot a mail to Maruti on this issue to find out the reserve capacity for the Swift and Ertiga (P & D).
Any reply to your query yet, Anurag?

-------------------------------------------------------

Well, 16 days have passed since Silver Queen has entered our life, and Dad seems to be completely smitten by her. He hasn't taken her out to the highway yet, but he has clocked ~280 kms inside the city already!!

He is taking very good care of his steed, polishing her with my Jopasu Duster every morning, and doing a silent prayer over the wheel before he cranks her up for the first time for the day. Silver Queen is awarding him with hassle-free ownership (so far), and some terrific FE numbers inside the city. Details in a bit.

Two things which Dad was struggling with (and I felt it too), were:

1) The Swift has a pathetic IRVM and due to the high seating, makes reversing a bit troublesome. He is still doing it the old-fashioned way - taking a good look at things behind him, getting into car, rolling down window and reversing by peeking back - but sometimes his bad back doesn't allow that. The ORVMs are doing their job, but he isn't confident of reversing such a wide car, specially due to the central blind spot. I felt the same as well from the number of times I have reversed the car too.

Finally, he broke his rule and asked for a reverse sensors set (like the one on the Ritz), and I inquired about the same from the Maruti dealership earlier today. Found out the perfect camera + sensor kit from MGA - duly ordered which should arrive in the next 7-8 days, just in time for the First Free Service.

Haven't disclosed it to him yet - another little surprise for him!

2) The in-cabin lighting of the Swift was pathetic after dark! The single central cabin lamp wasn't powerful enough to light up all the nooks and crannies of the car. As for the boot lamp, the less said, the better. Many a time, Dad was returning home after sunset and was fumbling in the dark. Also, the rear parcel tray was a hindrance for bigger items stowed away in the boot, and many a time he kept the tray erect and forgot to put it down! This completely covered the reversing view from the IRVM the next morning, and he had to do double duty by getting back down, opening boot, lowering parcel tray, closing boot, and getting back into the driver's seat.

He never complained about this problem and his forgetfulness, but I was noticing his uneasiness everytime he returned in the evenings, and his routine the next morning.

I had some free time from office today after lunch, and since he wasn't going anywhere, I took his Silver Queen to Maruti for some lighting modifications.

Enter - MGA LED cabin lamps x 2.

Two 8-bulb LED lamps with long, flexible necks which can be turned and twisted into any direction which needs light.

The following pictures have been taken in complete darkness.

For the front, placed directly on the left of the IRVM.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_184715.jpg

For the rear, fitted on the parcel tray.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_185035.jpg

Rear LED lamp lighting up the boot.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_184617.jpg

Front LED lamp's brightness range.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_184800.jpg

Front seats, illuminated. Central lamp on as well.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_184924.jpg

Front dash + footwell area illuminated by both front LED + Central cabin lamp.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_184940.jpg

Front dual lamps set now.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_185007.jpg

Rear seat bench illuminated now.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_185046.jpg

Before.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_194017.jpg

After.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_194132.jpg

Got these "Swift" Designer Mats from MGA as well.
They compliment the interiors perfectly. A daytime picture would do more justice!

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_194319.jpg

The base of the front LED cabin lamp fitted on the A-pillar.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_194456.jpg

Present ODO reading and fuel efficiency, with Climate Control on.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_194414.jpg

In addition, I Hyundai-ified his Silver Queen by asking the Maruti guys to tie a thick string to one of the ends of the parcel tray's plastic bits (which keeps it from rattling) to the central nut of the left gas strut in such a manner that when the boot is opened and it slides upwards slowly, the parcel tray also moves upwards automatically, just like inside the Grand i10 and the i20.

They duly obliged and did the work by using a spare thick string used to tie those leather steering-wheel covers!

It's pretty sturdy, and the gas strut isn't bothered by it either!

Notice the Hyundai effect!
No more hassles and fumbles with the parcel tray for Dad at night.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_211950.jpg

How far the parcel tray is angled. Just like the H hatches.

Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140822_212001.jpg

Quote:
I am experiencing a difference of 1-1.5 kmpl between the MID and real time data.
Judging by what Anurag has reported and taking that MID-variation into account, even a FE of 15 kmpl is tremendous for this 1.2L K-12 Maruti-tweaked engine. I have noted that it performs the best, fuel efficiency-wise, when the engine is kept on or thereabouts ~1500-RPM mark in all gears, specially in the 3rd and 4th.

Ciao! Catch you all with the First Free Service report and the RPAS (Reverse Parking Assist System) + IRVM fitting!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 22nd August 2014 at 21:39.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 21:40   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hyundai effect is executed nicely. But won't the tension from the string cause the anti-rattle rubber to snap away from the rear parcel tray?? AFAIK, it is just pasted to the tray.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 18:51   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The Hyundai effect is executed nicely. But won't the tension from the string cause the anti-rattle rubber to snap away from the rear parcel tray?? AFAIK, it is just pasted to the tray.

Regards,
Shashi
It is holding up well so far. I checked the tension on the thread and the plastic bit and it's good.

Let's see how long it lasts.

Some pics of the above-described mods from daytime:

The front cabin lamp and it's long extension(neck).
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_125943.jpg

Neat ON-OFF switch provided.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_130020.jpg

The base is screwed on top of the front passenger sun-visor base.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_130036.jpg

The final finish. Contrary to how it looks, it's plush with the roof and doesn't intrude with the visor.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_130131.jpg

The rear cabin lamp fixed on the rear parcel tray.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_131600.jpg

This MGA has been sourced from...
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_131614.jpg

The finish of the wiring looks pathetic. Need to pack this better.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_131637.jpg

Parcel tray in normal position when boot lid is halfway upwards.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_131705.jpg

Parcel tray raised when boot is fully up.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_131710.jpg

The MGA "Swift Sport" mats. All rubberised and grips the black OEM undermat snugly.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_130445.jpg

A shot, length-wise.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_130512.jpg

The exact look of these mats. Top one is for front, while bottom (smaller) one is for rear.
Happy Birthday Dad - From all of us and your Maruti Swift ZXi! EDIT: 10,000 km up!-20140823_131256.jpg
Old 28th August 2014, 23:04   #72
BHPian

I had missed this wonderful thread really full of emotions. For the first time, my eyes got wet going through a team-bhp thread. Many many thanks to you for taking so good care of your dad. They are the most precious possessions of any one's life.
Your thread made me remember my father, who was a avid driver & has left all of us in year 2011, at the age of only 59. He had always wanted a good car for his own use after retirement from Govt service ( at 58) but could not afford one for my, my sister's & for other family obligations. He, though never had expressed it, I was knowing his ambition for a car, for sure. But that time, I was helpless & was not on a position to afford one. When I reached a stage to afford a car, I could not find him around. Had he been there, I would have gifted a car to him first & then would have bought one for me once the financial had permitted.

You are indeed lucky having getting an opportunity to contribute something worthwhile to fulfill your dad's passion. All of us are not as lucky as you are. You dad is luckier having a true & caring son like you.

Wish you both wonderful times ahead. A bowed down & belated birth day wish to your dad. Wish him many many sweet birthdays ahead.
Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 15:04   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I had missed this wonderful thread really full of emotions. For the first time, my eyes got wet going through a team-bhp thread. Many many thanks to you for taking so good care of your dad. They are the most precious possessions of any one's life.
Your thread made me remember my father, who was a avid driver & has left all of us in year 2011, at the age of only 59. He had always wanted a good car for his own use after retirement from Govt service ( at 58) but could not afford one for my, my sister's & for other family obligations. He, though never had expressed it, I was knowing his ambition for a car, for sure. But that time, I was helpless & was not on a position to afford one. When I reached a stage to afford a car, I could not find him around. Had he been there, I would have gifted a car to him first & then would have bought one for me once the financial had permitted.

You are indeed lucky having getting an opportunity to contribute something worthwhile to fulfill your dad's passion. All of us are not as lucky as you are. You dad is luckier having a true & caring son like you.

Wish you both wonderful times ahead. A bowed down & belated birth day wish to your dad. Wish him many many sweet birthdays ahead.
Thanks
Thank you so much, Chitta.

Your life experience is touching. Belated condolences. I consider myself lucky that both my parents are still with me and are guiding me through life's ups-and-downs. I thank the Lord for this lovely blessing of His.

--------------------------------------------------------

Dad and me are facing an issue with our Silver Queen, and I need some expert advice. Whenever we shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear, despite the clutch being fully pressed, there are 2-3 vibrating shudders felt through the pedals, seats and the cabin. It's as if the clutch hasn't bitten in fully while the gear is being shifted. It's similar to the shuddering when you take the foot off the accelerator on a higher gear and don't press the clutch + brake.

Is this normal behaviour, or do I need to get this checked?

The first service is due this week. Planning to take this up with the M.A.S.S. guys. I hope it's normal.
Old 31st August 2014, 15:47   #74
BANNED

Quote:
It's similar to the shuddering when you take the foot off the accelerator on a higher gear and don't press the clutch + brake.

Is this normal behaviour, or do I need to get this checked?
Please do get the clutch and it's release bearings checked.

I haven't driven the petrol version hence just guessing. Sorry for that.

I hope the pedal is pressed fully and no throttle input is seen there between the gear change.

How quick is the gear change done?

Anurag.
Old 31st August 2014, 16:18   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please do get the clutch and it's release bearings checked.

I haven't driven the petrol version hence just guessing. Sorry for that.

I hope the pedal is pressed fully and no throttle input is seen there between the gear change.

How quick is the gear change done?

Anurag.
Yep, clutch is depressed fully to the floor and still the shudders are felt.

The first gear change is usually done within the first few meters from moving out of our home, from a standstill position.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st August 2014 at 16:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks