Team-BHP - The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/153439-phantom-my-pre-worshipped-skoda-laura-1-8l-tsi-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss212 (Post 4043595)
Hey jalajprakash! Any updates? Did you finally get the car? I ask because even i am in the market for this car.

Yes I did! I started writing a thread about it but then had some international travel come up which had me busy. I'll finish the thread as soon as I find some time. By the way, the car has also already done it's first track day at the Buddh! 😁

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalajprakash (Post 4043626)
Yes I did! I started writing a thread about it but then had some international travel come up which had me busy. I'll finish the thread as soon as I find some time. By the way, the car has also already done it's first track day at the Buddh! ��

Congratulations!

I have been the market for about a month now. Haven't seen many good cars yet. There was one I really liked and almost bought but couldn't buy because of silly paperwork problems.

Anyway, good to know you have your car. And since you mention Buddh, I am guessing you have some mods planned for your car? Eagerly waiting for your thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss212 (Post 4043811)
Congratulations!

I have been the market for about a month now. Haven't seen many good cars yet. There was one I really liked and almost bought but couldn't buy because of silly paperwork problems.

Anyway, good to know you have your car. And since you mention Buddh, I am guessing you have some mods planned for your car? Eagerly waiting for your thread!

Just submitted my thread for mod approval to be released to the public. Should be a good read. Me and the car were able to put down a time of 2:59:221 for our first trip ever in bone stock format which is quite average. Hopefully, those times start dropping as I gain more experience and the car gains more upgrades. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalajprakash (Post 4092732)
Just submitted my thread for mod approval to be released to the public. Should be a good read. Me and the car were able to put down a time of 2:59:221 for our first trip ever in bone stock format which is quite average. Hopefully, those times start dropping as I gain more experience and the car gains more upgrades. :D

That's a nice timing!
Do post the pictures of your car and the mods planned.
It's still one of the best cars I've owned till date!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalajprakash (Post 4092732)

Congratulations! From now on, i am going to be comparing every lap done there by any car with 2:59:221. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss212 (Post 4095902)
Congratulations! From now on, i am going to be comparing every lap done there by any car with 2:59:221. :D

I am not sure if that is the best idea. stupid: I was a first timer with a car that had 4 year old shitty tires. There is actually a running record of times around BIC which I can attach below. Hopefully, with newer tires and more experience I can do much better.

The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI-1.jpg

The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI-2.jpg

The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI-3.jpg

The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI-4.jpg

The Phantom: My pre-worshipped Skoda Laura 1.8L TSI-5.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalajprakash (Post 4095929)
I am not sure if that is the best idea. stupid: I was a first timer with a car that had 4 year old shitty tires. There is actually a running record of times around BIC which I can attach below. Hopefully, with newer tires and more experience I can do much better.

Attachment 1576850

Attachment 1576851

Attachment 1576852

Attachment 1576853

Attachment 1576854

Haha! Of course there will be faster cars there but if someone told me they took their Laura TSI, Cruze, or other cars in the same category, this number would be a good number to compare with.

Bumping up an old thread !

How are the Laura Tsi's running in the thread. I am on the verge of buying a 2009, 28k run first owner piece. Prima facie the car looks great. The car is going to Skoda tomorrow for a complete checkup. It would be great if some can post about the issues they have faced or major costs incurred till now.