Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2015, 15:55   #61
BHPian

Re: Pre-Owned Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT (Dubai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I have been searching for some good alloys, but no luck as of now. the last option will be to paint my current alloys.
Here you go: http://www.wheelnation.net/catalogse...icle_model=565

You can search for the 18" ones and they have some good designs. Pricing is also good compared to others I have seen. Another option is to approach New Bharath Pit Stop in Qusais. Buzz me if you want the location.
jaguar.runs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2015, 23:52   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I do not think so. These are stories which are made up by people who fail in their tests. Naturally, some cannot accept that (considering how easy it is to get a license back in India) and they are either trying to hide their mistakes by putting the blame on the officers or are simply arrogant enough to not accept their mistakes.

If you ask, the RTA inspectors will give you the reason why you failed.
Hey Raj, I found out for myself that the inspectors are infact unbiased. Passed the test on my first try with a manual car. Though the Skoda is on my preferred car I am looking at other alternatives. Would be suggest any reliable used car dealership? I've been on Dubizzle but can't find the right car. Thanks!
Old 19th March 2015, 11:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithviq8 View Post
Hey Raj, I found out for myself that the inspectors are infact unbiased. Passed the test on my first try with a manual car. Though the Skoda is on my preferred car I am looking at other alternatives. Would be suggest any reliable used car dealership? I've been on Dubizzle but can't find the right car. Thanks!
They are not biased but they fail you for the slightest of mistake in sharjah, and why people get mad is because they don't even consider the element of nervousness.

UAE is not a Skoda market and you should be knowing it by now. I saw a fabia long time ago for sale and a couple of octavia's and superb's on the street (one sadly broken in the middle of E11) and that's it. I think you need to keep your Plan B and C ready as well.

Please be sure to inspect the car inside out if you are buying from dubizzle. Take it to a dealer and get a thorough checkup done. That would be my friendly advise.

Happy car hunting! Cheers!
voyageur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 00:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
They are not biased but they fail you for the slightest of mistake in sharjah, and why people get mad is because they don't even consider the element of nervousness.

UAE is not a Skoda market and you should be knowing it by now. I saw a fabia long time ago for sale and a couple of octavia's and superb's on the street (one sadly broken in the middle of E11) and that's it. I think you need to keep your Plan B and C ready as well.

Please be sure to inspect the car inside out if you are buying from dubizzle. Take it to a dealer and get a thorough checkup done. That would be my friendly advise.

Happy car hunting! Cheers!
Sharjah seems to be strict in all aspects! Moving on to cars, thank you for the advice. The main reason I was considering the Skoda is for the price tag, the package is brilliant however the resale is poor. Seems that Ali&Sons have authorised Bosch as their authorized service station. I'm finding it difficult to get good cars that have run under 80k kms within my price range, and the ones that are in don't seem to be an ideal student car. Let's hope for the best though!
prithviq8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 10:52   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Sharjah seems to be strict in all aspects! Moving on to cars, thank you for the advice. The main reason I was considering the Skoda is for the price tag, the package is brilliant however the resale is poor. Seems that Ali&Sons have authorised Bosch as their authorized service station. I'm finding it difficult to get good cars that have run under 80k kms within my price range, and the ones that are in don't seem to be an ideal student car. Let's hope for the best though!
Have you tried any second hand dealerships? Even the authorized dealership must have a pre-owned division I believe. I am not sure about it but will be worth a check, if you haven't explored that option.

Again, good luck on your car hunting!
voyageur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2015, 15:09   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Have you tried any second hand dealerships? Even the authorized dealership must have a pre-owned division I believe. I am not sure about it but will be worth a check, if you haven't explored that option.

Again, good luck on your car hunting!
I've been told to check out cars in Al-Awir and Abu Shagara. Very skeptic about Abu Shagara as I've heard they sell knocked up / stolen cars. From the car dealers themselves, again not fitting into my budget.
Old 22nd March 2015, 15:31   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've been told to check out cars in Al-Awir and Abu Shagara. Very skeptic about Abu Shagara as I've heard they sell knocked up / stolen cars. From the car dealers themselves, again not fitting into my budget.
Congrats on getting the license!

I picked up my car from Al Awir. As long as you know a bit about cars and get it checked from a reliable and trustworthy garage, I do not think you will have any issue in getting a good used car in your budget.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 12:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Lancy's odo stands at 1,14,500 kms at this moment. Which means I have driven her about 30,000 kms in the past 8 months.

Thats a monthly running of 3,750 kms... on a petrol Automatic. Back in India, I would not even dare to look beyond a diesel hatchback for this kind of running!

Anyways, coming to the car - Lancy is running perfectly. I have not spent a penny on her apart from her scheduled oil changes. She is a fill-it-and-forget-it kind of car.

Yep, I did change one tyre but that was my mistake of ruining the tyre by running it with next to nil air in it!

Also, she is giving me consistent a FE of 11.5-12.0 kmpl. Not bad considering the high speeds at which she is driven. I once drove from Abu Dhabi to Dubai at a constant 120 kmph (set in cruise control) and the MID showed me 13.8 kmpl. I am sure if I drive her at 80-100 kmph, she will easily give me 14-15 kmpl, but driving that slow is not possible on UAE's roads!

She has her minor service coming up at 1,15,000 kms. I plan to do it at a multi brand service centre (Speed Fit). This service centre is owned by the same group who runs Miitsubishi's service centres in UAE. It is nothing but a normal service where you need to change her oil and oil filter. The last time I had filled her with Adnoc fully synthetic oil at a FNG and it has held up pretty well for 10,000 kms. This time, I will go for mineral oil (5000 kms) as she has her major service at 1,20,000 kms and I plan to take her to the Mitsubishi A.S.S. for a complete check up.

Oh yes, the summers are slowly returning in here and the A/C has started working at full blast again. I had almost forgotten what a chiller her A/C is!
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 10:38   #69
Senior - BHPian

I had planned to go to a multi car dealership for Lancy's 1,15,000 minor service. But due to shortage of time and lack of planning, I could not book an appointment.

So, again I went to my usual FNG and got her service done. Due to reasons mentioned above, I went for normal mineral oil this time (5000 kms).
  • Replaced the dirty oil with 4 litres of Toyota mineral oil
  • Replaced the oil filter with Mitsubishi genuine oil filter
  • Cleaned the air filter (It is due for a change, will be done after 5000 kms)
  • Cleaned the AC filter (was very very dirty)
  • Checked all fluids (no top-up was required)
  • Checked the brake pads and disc
  • Checked the underbody for any damages or leak, everything seems to be fine
All in all, the total cost was a mere 110 AED, which is approx 1,873 INR.

Meanwhile, people in here are very careless while opening the doors in the parking. This has left a lot of small dings on all four doors.
Old 26th May 2015, 13:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

I noticed that my car was pulling to the right. A few days back, I had gone to Abu Dhabi to visit my cousin. It about 125 kms from my place and I did feel the pain in my left hand trying to keep the car in the lane. Anyways, I reached AD and we went for dinner and then I parked the car and went off to a good sleep! The next morning, I was supposed to drive back to Dubai but the car did not start. Luckily, I had a jumper cable in the boot and jump started the car with a help of a mini pick up driver who offered help.

I reached Dubai and directly drove into a service bay in a petrol station. These guys service tyres, A/C, batteries, etc. They checked the battery and told me that it was due for a change. They did not have any branded batteries and hence I chose not to replace my battery there.

Called up my friend and team bhpian Rethish and he suggested that I should visit New Bharath Pit Stop. A blessing in disguise. I got the battery changed (Amaron) and tyre alignment done. Prices were reasonable too.

Battery - Rs. 2,955/-
Alignment - Rs. 2,085/-

Also, Lancy touched 1,20,000 kms and hence it was time for it's service again. This time, it was a major service and all fluids had to be changed.

Called up Mitsubishi's A.S.S. and they quoted Rs. 40,000/-!

Then I called up Dynatrade (a reputed multi-brand garage in UAE) and they quoted Rs. 12,165/-. Some told me to avoid Dynatrade as they use the cheapest oils and fluids available in the market.

In the end, I chose to buy all original Mitsubishi parts myself and get everything mentioned in the service manual at my FNG. Faster and cheaper!

List of things that were changed -
  • Adnoc fully synthetic oil - Rs. 1,738/-
  • Oil filter - Rs. 695/-
  • Dot3 Brake fluid - Rs. 521/-
  • Air filter - Rs. 2,085
  • AC filter - Rs. 2,085
  • Coolant - Rs. 956
  • Mitsubishi CVTF J1 transmission fluid - Rs. 3,736
  • Spark plugs - Rs. 3,476/- (Purchased but did not change)
  • Labour charges - Rs. 5,563/-
Grand total - Rs. 20,855 (50% of what The A.S.S. quoted )

Additionally, brake pads were checked and its good for another 10-15k kms. One rattling noise from the driver's door was also rectified.
Old 21st July 2015, 15:50   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quite some time since I updated this thread.

I have moved to a new place closer to my office and thankfully my daily running has reduced by more than 50%. Lancy's odo stands at about 126,000 kms now.

That said, Lancy was gifted to me on 26/07/2014. After 5 days, we will celebrate her one year anniversary.

Initially I wanted to give her a nice spa treatment, inside and out. But now, I have decided to change her crappy Goodyear (215/40/R18) shoes to Nitto Invo (225/45/R18). These tyres have an amazing tread pattern (hot!) and I have heard great reviews about them regarding the low NVH and high grip/comfort.

Pre-Owned Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT (Dubai)-nittostreetinvo.jpg

Trouble is, I am having a hard time sourcing these tyres!

Apart from the scheduled oil changes (I do it every 10k) and one battery replacement, Lancy has given me no trouble at all. She still runs beautifully at 126k on her odo and looks hot in that shade of red!

Mistake: I wish I had not touched the stock head unit. Yes, I got a reverse camera, USB compatibility, Bluetooth, Navigation, etc. But I lost on the awesome sound quality which the Rockford Fosgate used to provide.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 21st July 2015 at 15:51.
Old 27th July 2015, 12:14   #72
BHPian

I think I have spotted your car. Which part of Dubai you frequent to?

I own a Lumina S 3.6. For the regular service, I got the quote higher than the A.S.S from ENOC. For the next service I will get in touch with Dynatrade.
Old 29th July 2015, 16:00   #73
BHPian

Hi Raj,

Great to see a buddy here in Dubai. I live here too, and guess what, I too have the same Lancer GT, another co-incidence, I have the 2011 Model. I was going through the whole thread, and found it really interesting. I have a few questions about it though.

1. Where did you get the new head unit, because I tried searching for a few, and all of them were chinese make. Is yours too ?
2. How much did it cost to get the head unit ?
3. Where did you get the rattling sound of the rear door fixed, as I have the same problem, I have done something temporarily to manage it, but it sometimes comes over which really irritates me.

I bought my lancer 2 months back same color, same model. Its like twins.

P.S. I will be posting my pics and review by tomorrow, as never got time to do that.

Thank you
Old 29th July 2015, 17:17   #74
BHPian

You can get Kumho Tyres, they are some pretty nice shoes for a Lancy.

P.S. BTW I post my experience. Check it out here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3765516
Old 6th August 2015, 14:58   #75
Senior - BHPian

After quite a lot of dilly dallying and some extensive research, I finally replaced the shoes on Lancy.

Out goes the crappy GoodYears and in comes these -

Pre-Owned Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 GT (Dubai)-fotor_143870642793449.jpg

Nitto Invo 225/40 R18

Short and precise review on these tyres -
  • Proudly boasts it's Japanese origin and manufacture!
  • The tread design is unique and looks great.
  • The noise levels have come down a fair margin, but not as much as I would have preferred. I guess the Lancer cannot really mask tyre noise.
  • Grip as expected is good, have not tested it in wet conditions though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooraj.naik View Post
I think I have spotted your car. Which part of Dubai you frequent to?

I own a Lumina S 3.6. For the regular service, I got the quote higher than the A.S.S from ENOC. For the next service I will get in touch with Dynatrade.
Mostly you would spot me near JAFZA and Sports City!

I never visit the A.S.S., it's always my FNG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingHart View Post
Hi Raj,

Great to see a buddy here in Dubai. I live here too, and guess what, I too have the same Lancer GT, another co-incidence, I have the 2011 Model. I was going through the whole thread, and found it really interesting. I have a few questions about it though.
Glad to know that, let's be in touch.

Quote:
1. Where did you get the new head unit, because I tried searching for a few, and all of them were chinese make. Is yours too ?
Yes!

Quote:
2. How much did it cost to get the head unit ?
1200 AED including the reverse camera.

Quote:
3. Where did you get the rattling sound of the rear door fixed, as I have the same problem, I have done something temporarily to manage it, but it sometimes comes over which really irritates me.
I got it done at my FNG when I went there for service.

Quote:
I bought my lancer 2 months back same color, same model. Its like twins.

P.S. I will be posting my pics and review by tomorrow, as never got time to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingHart View Post
P.S. BTW I post my experience. Check it out here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3765516
I guess your thread is not yet live! Bring this to the attention of the MODERATORS.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 6th August 2015 at 15:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks