Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 01:18   #16
BHPian

re: Diablo comes home – My 2014 VW Polo 1.2 Highline

Congratulations ! I wish you happy miles ahead

I have a white 1.5 TDI that I got this month. Incidentally both 'New Polo' on forum are from Gurgaon. I am also planning to have my services done in Gurgaon/NCR as I stay here most of the time. We can share some notes about the maintenance and ASS. Couple of things :

1. I notice that you have the Goodyear tyres (not Apollo Acelere as on all Polo cars now).

2. Regarding engine oil, VW advises on checking engine oil level. It needs to be topped up if the level is found to be low. Even I am wondering whether it is necessary to change the oil so soon.

Last edited by Zigor : 4th August 2014 at 01:22. Reason: Point added
Old 4th August 2014, 09:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigor View Post
Congratulations ! I wish you happy miles ahead

I have a white 1.5 TDI that I got this month. Incidentally both 'New Polo' on forum are from Gurgaon. I am also planning to have my services done in Gurgaon/NCR as I stay here most of the time. We can share some notes about the maintenance and ASS. Couple of things :

1. I notice that you have the Goodyear tyres (not Apollo Acelere as on all Polo cars now).

2. Regarding engine oil, VW advises on checking engine oil level. It needs to be topped up if the level is found to be low. Even I am wondering whether it is necessary to change the oil so soon.

Congratulations Zigor ,I'll be reading your thread next !Will be happy to share notes as and when required.

I noticed the good year tyres at the showroom itself, was quite happy about it considering all the negative feedback on the apollos.

I am waiting to hear of the engine oil situation as well, hopefully someone can throw some light on that soon.

Got a question for you - are your AC controls illuminated ?
Old 4th August 2014, 10:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
You can call them now, it'll be given to you at the same price. Even if you call them within 3 months it shouldn't be a problem. What happens is that the longer you wait, the more 'reasons' they have to charge you a premium, due to normal running of the vehicle, wear and tear, etc. Do it sooner rather than later.
Are you speaking from personal experience, or is it a general statement? Please read below to understand why I am asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
Will do DWC. Thanks for the info.
The VW website (click here for PDF) gives the extended warranty price in black and white. So the dealer can't give any "reasons" to charge any premium. I purchased mine in the 12th month, and I paid the exact price mentioned in the PDF (plus service tax of course).

Oh, and the SA is a complete cheat for asking you to purchase EW in the 23rd month. These guys will sell their mother for a few extra bucks.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 4th August 2014 at 10:33.
Old 4th August 2014, 10:39   #19
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardKing View Post
Are you speaking from personal experience, or is it a general statement? Please read below to understand why I am asking.

The VW website (click here for PDF) gives the extended warranty price in black and white. So the dealer can't give any "reasons" to charge any premium. I purchased mine in the 12th month, and I paid the exact price mentioned in the PDF.
That's interesting, thanks for bringing it to my notice. When I had gone for the test drive I had enquired about the extended warranty and this is what I was told by the SA. He basically said that due to use of the vehicle, wear and tear etc, VW would first do a physical check up of the vehicle, and the amount for the extended warranty would increase based on how well the vehicle was maintained. I was also informed to take the extended warranty within 3 months of purchase, 'to be on the safe side'. He seemed quite confident that it would go up by a couple of thousand if I were to take it in the 23rd month.

It seems legit, if you ask me. Kind of works on the principle of insurance; where the older the life, the more the premium. Will clarify the time frames with the SA and show him the link as well. I'm pretty sure the SA was trying to tell me the same thing, in his own half-baked way. Should have known better than to believe everything that they say.

Last edited by DWC : 4th August 2014 at 10:43.
Old 4th August 2014, 10:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Question – I’ve read under the running in thread, that the engine oil needs to be changed after clocking 1000kms. Now considering the fact that the SA told me the car does not need to be run in ( I ignored that and am still taking it easy) , is the oil change necessary ?
I got my first oil change at the end of one year, as part of my first annual servicing. It is expensive oil (almost a thousand bucks a litre) so I wouldn't do an oil change not recommended by VW.

Also, the information in the running in thread is a general guide, and while I am no expert in such matters, I guess it is due for an update considering it was first published in 2006. Mods?

Other owners may also please comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
It seems legit, if you ask me. Kind of works on the principle of insurance; where the older the life, the more the premium. Will double check with the SA.
Oh it is completely legit. That is why VW has two slabs, one up to 365 days, and the other up to 730 days. Do you seriously believe VW has the time to check the condition of each car and recalculate the EW price for each customer??? C'mon.

Last edited by TheLizardKing : 4th August 2014 at 10:45.
Old 4th August 2014, 10:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:

The VW website (click here for PDF) gives the extended warranty price in black and white. So the dealer can't give any "reasons" to charge any premium. I purchased mine in the 12th month, and I paid the exact price mentioned in the PDF (plus service tax of course).

Oh, and the SA is a complete cheat for asking you to purchase EW in the 23rd month. These guys will sell their mother for a few extra bucks.
Thanks Lizardking for the extra info. Will speak to my SA and update once i know. DWC's logic makes sense too. Older the car, higher the premium. Cant trust the volkswagen folks, that's for sure.

Quote:
I got my first oil change at the end of one year, as part of my first annual servicing. It is expensive oil (almost a thousand bucks a litre) so I wouldn't do an oil change not recommended by VW.

Also, the information in the running in thread is a general guide, and while I am no expert in such matters, I guess it is due for an update considering it was first published in 2006. Mods?

Other owners may also please comment.
Yes, the oil is really expensive. Which is why the apprehension to having it change at 1000kms.
Old 4th August 2014, 10:50   #22
DWC
BHPian

Quote:
Oh it is completely legit. That is why VW has two slabs, one up to 365 days, and the other up to 730 days. Do you seriously believe VW has the time to check the condition of each car and recalculate the EW price for each customer??? C'mon.
More than the time, I believe they could use this opportunity to make a few extra bucks from badly maintained vehicles. It would be in their interest to keep, say, a couple of fixed slabs, and over and above that charge a premium based on additional wear and tear.

Hope no one from VW is listening.
Old 24th September 2014, 15:53   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Diablo comes home – My 2014 VW Polo 1.2 Highline

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 24th September 2014, 16:13   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on the new purchase. The car looks swell in the deep blue shade.

Love the classic looks of Polo and the new steering is a delight to hold.

BTW your debit card details are visible in one of the images of the handbrake under area. Request the mods to remove that image for security purpose.

Cheers,
Trek
Old 24th September 2014, 16:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Congratulations on the new purchase. The car looks swell in the deep blue shade.

Love the classic looks of Polo and the new steering is a delight to hold.

BTW your debit card details are visible in one of the images of the handbrake under area. Request the mods to remove that image for security purpose.

Cheers,
Trek
Thanks Trek.

The steering is indeed a delight to hold, absolutely love it.

Thanks for pointing out the card details bit, i noticed too while posting, however, the last 4 digits are missing, so cant do much without that !

Cheers !
Old 24th September 2014, 16:35   #26
BHPian

Congrats! The new headlights and chrome treatment really makes Polo much more pleasing to eyes and night blue color is really elegant on this car, but might cause head aches maintaining it.

Seat cover pattern and use of beige black color combination with minimum beige is brilliant! Did you customize it or is it a ready made one? Also how much did it cost you?
Old 24th September 2014, 17:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Congrats! The new headlights and chrome treatment really makes Polo much more pleasing to eyes and night blue color is really elegant on this car, but might cause head aches maintaining it.

Seat cover pattern and use of beige black color combination with minimum beige is brilliant! Did you customize it or is it a ready made one? Also how much did it cost you?
Thanks isandy. The seat cover design was a ready made one, however the color combination and shade was customized. Costed me around 9k. Its a great fit, a job well done.
pavan_jacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2014, 17:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks isandy. The seat cover design was a ready made one, however the color combination and shade was customized. Costed me around 9k. Its a great fit, a job well done.
Thanks for the info Diablo! I have booked Zest which has similar interior color combination with beige & black. Plan to take this as reference for my car seat covers.
Old 25th September 2014, 00:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
Thanks for the info Diablo! I have booked Zest which has similar interior color combination with beige & black. Plan to take this as reference for my car seat covers.
Most welcome !!

Zest huh ! Niceeee Turbo charged goodness !!! Its a great vehicle, from what i've read up so far. Do put up an ownership thread, would love to hear first hand how that baby performs and feels.
Old 25th September 2014, 00:34   #30
BHPian

The shade looks really beautiful though could be a bit difficult to maintain. It will be worth the effort. The seat covers also look very good and upmarket infact.

Did they fix the rear cam from the showroom itself? Was it a genuine VW accessory? Looks really well integrated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks