Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2014, 13:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Diablo comes home – My 2014 VW Polo 1.2 Highline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autodoc View Post
The shade looks really beautiful though could be a bit difficult to maintain. It will be worth the effort. The seat covers also look very good and upmarket infact.

Did they fix the rear cam from the showroom itself? Was it a genuine VW accessory? Looks really well integrated.
Yes it does look gorgeous and is very difficult to maintain. The slightest of scratches can be seen. I guess that's a price i was willing to pay.

The rear cam is after market. Its a worldtech product - works great ! My only complaint would be me having to adjust the mirror, when reverse is engaged, in broad daylight due to the light reflection on the mirror that renders the image useless. A slight downward adjustment to the mirror, and everything is crystal clear.
Old 12th March 2015, 19:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavan_jacob View Post
The story of my first new car finally coming home started around 8 months back...
:
First Up, a long overdue congratulations on your latest acquisition. Diablo sure looks a stunner in that shade.

I too recently booked the Polo 1.2 HL and will be taking delivery on Saturday 14th March. I was initially hooked on the Night Blue shade too, but once I saw the Carbon Steel Shade, I was floored!!. But the Polo sure looks a stunner in any shade ain't it .

Just wanted to know how Diablo is performing of late and if any niggles (touch wood) have cropped up. Also have a few queries and wonder if you could help me with them:
1. Loved the Seat covers and like to know how much did you pay for them? I too am interested in buying the same shade as it gels well with the dual tone theme, and also since it will hard to maintain the Beige Fabric.
2. Did you put in any floor mats apart from the Stock ones?
3. Did a PDI today and saw that it came with Goodyears as stock instead of Appolo accelers. How are they performing? Is there a need for any upgrade?
4. And the perennial question, Kitna Deti Hai .

Here's a sneak peak of my ride, will put up a detailed review after I get my hands on the German beauty.

Diablo comes home – My 2014 VW Polo 1.2 Highline-img_0723.jpg

Once again Congrats and wishing you many miles of happy and safe motoring with Diablo.
Thanks.

Last edited by Mahesh Prasad : 12th March 2015 at 19:42. Reason: Typos and formatting.
Old 12th March 2015, 21:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Prasad View Post
First Up, a long overdue congratulations on your latest acquisition. Diablo sure looks a stunner in that shade.
Thanks Mahesh ! Yes, its a gorgeous color but extremely difficult to maintain !

Quote:
I too recently booked the Polo 1.2 HL and will be taking delivery on Saturday 14th March. I was initially hooked on the Night Blue shade too, but once I saw the Carbon Steel Shade, I was floored!!. But the Polo sure looks a stunner in any shade ain't it .
Congratulations ! You must be really excited am sure ! That feeling before taking delivery of your brand new ride - priceless !

Quote:
Just wanted to know how Diablo is performing of late and if any niggles (touch wood) have cropped up. Also have a few queries and wonder if you could help me with them:
1. Loved the Seat covers and like to know how much did you pay for them? I too am interested in buying the same shade as it gels well with the dual tone theme, and also since it will hard to maintain the Beige Fabric.
2. Did you put in any floor mats apart from the Stock ones?
3. Did a PDI today and saw that it came with Goodyears as stock instead of Appolo accelers. How are they performing? Is there a need for any upgrade?
4. And the perennial question, Kitna Deti Hai . .
Diablo is performing fabulously ! (touch wood !! ) No niggles so far. She went in for her first check up at 6 months. An Engine oil top up was required, rest all good.
1. I paid around 9k for the seat covers. Goes really well with the dual tone, and quality is awesome. I think it also comes with a 1 year warranty. Quite hardy, and easy to clean too.
2. I paid for OEM Floor mats. Costed me 2k. I would definitely recommend them. They fit into slots on the floor, look good, overall a great buy.
3. Stock tyres are just fine. Dont think you need to upgrade. Besides, if you upgrade to a different size, however minuscule, you might void your warranty.
4. Mileage for the longest time lingered around 9-10 km/L. I think this was for the first 1500- 2000 kms. She's 8 months old now @ 5000 kms and i get around 12-12.5kms /Ltr.

Quote:
Here's a sneak peak of my ride, will put up a detailed review after I get my hands on the German beauty.

Attachment 1349026 .
Carbon Steel looks fabulous ! Congratulations once again and do PM me once your review is up.

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with.
pavan_jacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2015, 14:48   #34
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations ! You must be really excited am sure ! That feeling before taking delivery of your brand new ride - priceless !
Thanks Pavan for the quick reply and the answers. Super excited and already having sleepless nights!!

Quote:
Diablo is performing fabulously !
Great to know about the fabulous performance. Here's wishing you many more years of blissful and trouble-free ownership.

Quote:
2. I paid for OEM Floor mats. Costed me 2k. I would definitely recommend them. They fit into slots on the floor, look good, overall a great buy.
The dealer said that he will throw in the OEM floormats as a freebie. Guess its a few perks one enjoys if you have a professional working relationship with the dealers parent company.

Quote:
3. Stock tyres are just fine. Dont think you need to upgrade. Besides, if you upgrade to a different size, however minuscule, you might void your warranty.
By upgrade, I meant changing the tyres with the same specs from maybe the likes of Michellin or Yoko's. But since they perform well as per your experience, I might as well leave them be and maybe go for better rubbers once they wear out.

Quote:
Carbon Steel looks fabulous ! Congratulations once again and do PM me once your review is up.
She sure does. Will definitely PM once the review goes live, but I doubt it will be of the same caliber of yours .

Quote:
Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with.
Sure will do.

Thanks again for the help.

Last edited by Mahesh Prasad : 13th March 2015 at 14:51.
Old 13th March 2015, 16:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pavan for the quick reply and the answers. Super excited and already having sleepless nights!!

Great to know about the fabulous performance. Here's wishing you many more years of blissful and trouble-free ownership.

The dealer said that he will throw in the OEM floormats as a freebie. Guess its a few perks one enjoys if you have a professional working relationship with the dealers parent company.

By upgrade, I meant changing the tyres with the same specs from maybe the likes of Michellin or Yoko's. But since they perform well as per your experience, I might as well leave them be and maybe go for better rubbers once they wear out.

She sure does. Will definitely PM once the review goes live, but I doubt it will be of the same caliber of yours .

Sure will do.

Thanks again for the help.
Few more hours to go !!

Mahesh - please check with the dealer if its the Rubber VW branded OEM mats. They have a slotting mechanism that mates with one on the floor. The Dealer offered me 'oem' mats for free too, these are beige (!!) floor mats - absolutely useless. I've got the beige ones on the bottom and the rubber ones on top of them right now.
Old 13th March 2015, 16:17   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Few more hours to go !!
Yes indeed, but these are the longest hours .

Quote:
Mahesh - please check with the dealer if its the Rubber VW branded OEM mats. They have a slotting mechanism that mates with one on the floor. The Dealer offered me 'oem' mats for free too, these are beige (!!) floor mats - absolutely useless. I've got the beige ones on the bottom and the rubber ones on top of them right now.
Will surely check. For now I'm sure those are not Beige ones. But before taking delivery I will check and insist on the OEM Rubber mats.
Thanks again for the advise.
Old 13th April 2015, 12:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Yes indeed, but these are the longest hours .

Will surely check. For now I'm sure those are not Beige ones. But before taking delivery I will check and insist on the OEM Rubber mats.
Thanks again for the advise.
Mahesh - waiting for an update on your new ride !
pavan_jacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 13:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Mahesh - waiting for an update on your new ride !
Sorry to keep you waiting. It's still in the pipeline. Waiting for the DSLR from my friend to do a good photo shoot, after all need to have some good pictures to go with the review right. Also haven't got the registration number yet as I went for a choice number. Apart from that, got to the 1000 KM mark today and enjoying every bit of it.

Last edited by Mahesh Prasad : 13th April 2015 at 13:55. Reason: Adding quote.
Old 20th April 2015, 16:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to keep you waiting. It's still in the pipeline. Waiting for the DSLR from my friend to do a good photo shoot, after all need to have some good pictures to go with the review right. Also haven't got the registration number yet as I went for a choice number. Apart from that, got to the 1000 KM mark today and enjoying every bit of it.
Awesome, here's wishing you many happy and safe miles ! Let me know once the review is up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks