Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 20:43   #91
BHPian

Re: Red beauty comes home – Our Hyundai Xcent AT SX(O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post

Congratulations on booking your car.

I am beginning to see a lot more Xcents on the road now.

Which model did you book? Is it AT?
Thank You!

I do see a lot of Xcents as well. My weekends getting out in HSR Layout are spent ogling at them in anticipation that I will be owning one soon.

I Booked the Xcent SX (O) AT. It had to be an Automatic for the Convenience it offers. Went for the Top end as well because of the additional features it offers. I'd rather spend a little extra than repent this decision later - considering the fact that most of the features may become standard ones in the near future.

Cheers!
Old 28th January 2015, 13:42   #92
BHPian

Been a few days. Xcent is sailing on. Its not our regular workhorse but does its daily errands job pretty well.

The boot has been a very useful piece from our previous hatchback. Its spacious.

It crossed 3000 kms in the last few days.

One day I was testing the sensors. Took the key fob out through the window and the car instantly started to say key out.

The variety of alerts and reminders are very useful. I have not fully tested them all yet. In fact in the Ertiga have of these alerts/reminders are absent. And the main features that I do miss in the Ertiga are the reverse camera, the automatic climate control, the bluetooth and the cooled glovebox.

Anyway, back to the Xcent. The AT is a breeze to drive in the bumper to bumper traffic. Getting in and out and easy. The seating position is high and the cabin is well insulated from outside sounds.

The 6 month service is coming up in some weeks.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2015, 22:19   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Been a few days. Xcent is sailing on. Its not our regular workhorse but does its daily errands job pretty well.

The boot has been a very useful piece from our previous hatchback. Its spacious.

It crossed 3000 kms in the last few days.
whats the FE now with 3000kms over ?
Old 22nd February 2015, 23:03   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
whats the FE now with 3000kms over ?
Hi

It is between 11.5 to 12.5 in city and 17.5 on the highway. Just got a tankfill today. Within city was 12.4.

Cheers
Old 23rd February 2015, 15:46   #95
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
It is between 11.5 to 12.5 in city and 17.5 on the highway. Just got a tankfill today. Within city was 12.4.
On my recent measure, got an amazing 13.6 in the bangalore city and 17.5 on a 550km trip to Tirumala.

Regards
Old 25th February 2015, 11:35   #96
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincyf1 View Post
My weekends getting out in HSR Layout are spent ogling at them in anticipation that I will be owning one soon.

I Booked the Xcent SX (O) AT.
Let us know the duration between booking and delivery. On lighter note - I hope its not Blue color as I have booked Twilight Blue SX(O) AT from Trident Hyundai (Hosur Road) and I stay in HSR so if yours too is Blue, we will have atleast 2 Blue SX(O) AT Xcents in HSR itself!

Mileage numbers of 10+ shared in this thread are really encouraging.
Old 27th February 2015, 00:54   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Let us know the duration between booking and delivery. On lighter note - I hope its not Blue color as I have booked Twilight Blue SX(O) AT from Trident Hyundai (Hosur Road) and I stay in HSR so if yours too is Blue, we will have atleast 2 Blue SX(O) AT Xcents in HSR itself!

Hey,

Congratulations on your booking!

I have booked the Red one! I booked the 2015 model at Advaith Richmond Road, so I was promised delivery by 1st week of February. However, it wasn't until 9th Feb that I got a call from them and they informed me that the car could be delivered in 3 days. But, since I was traveling out of the country for two months, I have asked them to give it to the next customer who comes by. I will call them up again 10 days before I land in India to ensure that they can place order for a new one then.

Lets see how that turns out.
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:18   #98
BHPian

Quote:

Add a couple more that are visible in the same general area.

Quote:
Hey,

Congratulations on your booking!

I have booked the Red one! I booked the 2015 model at Advaith Richmond Road, so I was promised delivery by 1st week of February. However, it wasn't until 9th Feb that I got a call from them and they informed me that the car could be delivered in 3 days. But, since I was traveling out of the country for two months, I have asked them to give it to the next customer who comes by. I will call them up again 10 days before I land in India to ensure that they can place order for a new one then.

Lets see how that turns out.
Wonder whats the waiting time now? Did you get your car or still giving it a pass?

I have certainly started to see a few more on the streets.

Cheers

Rajain
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:13   #99
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Add a couple more that are visible in the same general area.

Wonder whats the waiting time now? Did you get your car or still giving it a pass?

I have certainly started to see a few more on the streets.

Cheers

Rajain
I had booked SX(O) AT in first week of Feb and it arrived last week of Feb. Not sure if this is still the time frame for other variants as well.
And you are right - suddenly I too am seeing a lot more Xcents on the roads. The other day I spotted a Pristine Blue (didn't catch if it was Auto or MT) in HSR.
Old 5th March 2015, 00:31   #100
BHPian

Quote:

Rajain
The Sales Rep at Advaith has promised me a 15 day window. Although, I am expecting a 3 week delivery time. I will be back in April. So, will call them up 3rd week of March and confirm the order. They still have my Booking Amount with them.
Old 6th March 2015, 11:02   #101
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked SX(O) AT in first week of Feb and it arrived last week of Feb. Not sure if this is still the time frame for other variants as well.
And you are right - suddenly I too am seeing a lot more Xcents on the roads. The other day I spotted a Pristine Blue (didn't catch if it was Auto or MT) in HSR.
Good and congratulations. Do post your ownership experience. I am now starting to see more of SX (O) variants. That was not the case earlier. In the lane of apartments I think there are now 4 of them.

Quote:
The Sales Rep at Advaith has promised me a 15 day window. Although, I am expecting a 3 week delivery time. I will be back in April. So, will call them up 3rd week of March and confirm the order. They still have my Booking Amount with them.
If you would want a delivery in April my suggestion would be to call up and confirm in mid March itself. They should be able to give you updates from the time it is dispatched from the factory. Trident was able to give me those updates - the VIN number including.

Happy holi friends. Wishing you happy and safe mile crunching.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2015, 18:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
If you would want a delivery in April my suggestion would be to call up and confirm in mid March itself.
============
Rajain
Thanks for that Suggestion Rajain.

Will call them up next week and request for VIN number updates. Hoping to get back to India soon and Drive the Red Beauty.
Old 13th April 2015, 09:52   #103
BHPian

UPDATE:

I have landed in Bangalore and visited the Showroom yesterday. I had informed them about my arrival and hence asked them to proceed with Vehicle Allotment to be done. My Red Beauty has arrived and is currently at their warehouse.

I am going to the warehouse for a quick pre-check of the vehicle - Thanks to the Team BHP articles - VIN Number Decoder and the PDI Checklist.

Apparently, Hyundai is offering an Under body Chassis protection. I think I would go for it. Apart from that, I would also be opting for the Car Body Cover. However, I am NOT in favor of taking the Teflon Coating being offered by the Dealer.
Old 13th April 2015, 10:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE:

I have landed in Bangalore and visited the Showroom yesterday. I had informed them about my arrival and hence asked them to proceed with Vehicle Allotment to be done. My Red Beauty has arrived and is currently at their warehouse.

I am going to the warehouse for a quick pre-check of the vehicle - Thanks to the Team BHP articles - VIN Number Decoder and the PDI Checklist.

Apparently, Hyundai is offering an Under body Chassis protection. I think I would go for it. Apart from that, I would also be opting for the Car Body Cover. However, I am NOT in favor of taking the Teflon Coating being offered by the Dealer.
Congrats, please take the car body cover as I am not able to find one for the Grand with the dealers or auto accessories shop, so planning to get it online. Oh and Teflon coating is just an eye wash, better to go for Paint sealant from 3M.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 12:17   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Teflon coating is just an eye wash, better to go for Paint sealant from 3M.
Thanks for the suggestion!

I am taking the delivery on 21st April as its the Akshaya Tritiya on that day. Should get the Pain Sealant work done at the HSR Layout 3M Branch the following week or so. I will meanwhile make an enquiry with the Dealer about the Body Cover.

Most Viewed